The Everything NFL Thread - 2010 Season

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm still not sold on the Bears yet. I think the Vikings can very easily beat them, judging by how well the Giants did with their pass rush. Vikings defense and AP will go a long way in helping them win some games. All Favre has to do is not turn the ball over. It'll be like the Jets of last season!

Well, it all comes down to the O-Line for me and the Bears' success; if they can protect Cutler long enough for him to at least pass, they'll be able to beat the Vikings just fine I think later on. If not and they end up losing him due to another 9 sacks, then yeah...Cutler will be lucky to survive the season if that happens continually.

Also, Vikings won't pull out wins like the Jets last year; Jets had a far more dominating monster defense compared to the Vikings. The key for the Vikings to succeed is to get their 2 other main receivers healthy (looking at you Harvin and Rice primarily) and for Favre to not throw interceptions...and keeping AP involved as well (instead of alienating him like they did last year).

lol what, people bandwagon against the Vikings? They are a bad team, why do you care if they win or lose ?_?

Ever since the NFC title game I've lost all my respect for the Vikings and their fans. The whining has been ridiculous. They (and us) have bigger things to worry about, like sluggish starts and poor O-line play. Let it go.

I think you should have more faith in your team.

Ever since the NFC title game I've lost all my respect for the Vikings and their fans. The whining has been ridiculous. They (and us) have bigger things to worry about, like sluggish starts and poor O-line play. Let it go.

I think you should have more faith in your team.
oh lol, you're mad that the Saints (which I assume is your team) beat the Vikings? I for one would be the first to tell you that the Vikings would have been stomped by the Colts in the Super Bowl if they had won the NFC championship, and many Vikings fans I have talked to feel the same way. They also agree that the reason the Vikings lost to the Saints was entirely their fault, there weren't really any bad calls or anything so I have no idea what they could be whining about ._.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aww the Panfers aren't THAT bad!

Ok maybe they are but they'll rebuild and be just fine! At least they haven't been consistently bad since 2000
the Buffalo Bills
)!

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Clausen looks BAD. Stewart can't stay healthy and Smith is yet another year older. I don't see good things on the horizon, imo.

IMO Anyone, let alone a Rookie, would look like shit behind a terrible O-Line, 2 ROOKIES starting at WR and teams not fearing the Run Game. We need Jeff Otah back and fast. The defense has been solid however. If only they had some offensive help.

But seriously, their receiving corps consist of 3 rookies and 2 WRs picked up off waivers who would be last on the depth chart on any other team. I can't believe just how bad these receivers are.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Poor Bills. I actually see some signs of life with Pitzfatrick at the helm! Fred Jackson is a decent RB as well. If they could only do something about that defense...

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
The Panthers are what the Bills were last year/this year with Trent at QB. In other words, completely inept on offense, but with a defense that keeps them in the game.

Without Trent, though, our offense is actually putting up points. Now it's the D that is letting us down, as seen by our pitiful run defense. We have the worst linebacker set in the league.

IMO Anyone, let alone a Rookie, would look like shit behind a terrible O-Line, 2 ROOKIES starting at WR and teams not fearing the Run Game. We need Jeff Otah back and fast. The defense has been solid however. If only they had some offensive help.

But seriously, their receiving corps consist of 3 rookies and 2 WRs picked up off waivers who would be last on the depth chart on any other team. I can't believe just how bad these receivers are.
Or, maybe Clausen just sucks? He slid considerably in the draft for a reason.

Freeman has two rookies starting at receiver a mediocre offensive line, and a pretty bad run game, yet he's 3-1.

Or, maybe Clausen just sucks? He slid considerably in the draft for a reason.

Freeman has two rookies starting at receiver a mediocre offensive line, and a pretty bad run game, yet he's 3-1.
You forgot to mention Freeman isn't a rookie, had all the first team reps this year, has a decent offensive line, has a legit slot receiver in Sammy Stroughter, a talented (albeit, constantly hurt) TE in Kellen Winslow and Mike Williams playing at a Pro Bowl level.

Please that situation isn't even comparable. Its not like Freeman was lighting it up as a rookie himself (Jimmy's QB rating is only 7 points lower than what Freeman's rating was his rookie season and Jimmy's only played 3 games)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)