North American Mew distribution announced - 10/15 to 10/31

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Someone was wondering if it is in Australia, and I can confirm that it is: I've just got it. Thanks for posting this, otherwise I never would have found it!

Just confirming that it works in the UK with an English version of Soul Silver. Now, come onnnnnnnnn Celebi...

Did everyone get a Modest-natured one?... My brother got one on his first try and I was just wondering, lol. Time to get one on my game.

EDIT: Nevermind, got a Naughty one then an Adamant (soft-resetted).

I'm thinking about restarting my HG version a few times to get a little crop of Mews. I haven't RNG'd for standalone/event Pokemon in a while, so I'm a little shaky on what the minimum requirements are for RNGing reliably.

I'm guessing having the roamers free and the radio to advance the frame?

Also, what would be the top priority Natures to hit?

Use metalkid's IV calculator (Google it), with several rare candies (you can save beforehand then turn off so you don't lose them); or do a level 100 wifi battle and write down the stats.

Question: Does this Mew come with any special moves/items? Does it unlock anything in game?

Since I'm not RNGing and because Mew is gonna be at level 5, what is the best way to accurately determine its IVs?
Battle Tower guy will tell you the best IV and the range of the sum of IV's.

Use metalkid's IV calculator (Google it), with several rare candies (you can save beforehand then turn off so you don't lose them); or do a level 100 wifi battle and write down the stats.

Question: Does this Mew come with any special moves/items? Does it unlock anything in game?
No special moves. It comes with its default move Pound.

Problem with the Rare Candy method is that if you get a good one, then you just wasted all those Rare Candies. Much nicer to put it in the DayCare, takes a little longer, but saves you from consuming your Rare Candies. Also either way you can't keep your Mew UT, so that sucks.

If you want to keep the Mew UT, then you can rely on it's characteristic and the IV judge in the Battle Tower. Not as reliable as using an IV calculator of course, but it gives you a fair idea.

edit: Whoops duh. Yeah, going into a Wi-Fi battle is the best way to go, I totally forgot about that (even though it was mentioned in your quote lol).

You have to save prior to going on Wifi so that sorta defeats the purpose of checking IVs on a one-time only Pokemon. ;p

No real reason to keep it untouched anyway since it's not legal in Little Cup, right? And if you're thinking of its trade value, you would need AR to duplicate it but in that case you can always use an IV check code.

You have to save prior to going on Wifi so that sorta defeats the purpose of checking IVs on a one-time only Pokemon. ;p

No real reason to keep it untouched anyway since it's not legal in Little Cup, right? And if you're thinking of its trade value, you would need AR to duplicate it but in that case you can always use an IV check code.
Oh yeah, duh to me again. :P

Yeah you got a point there. So taking it to the Day Care is probably the best way to go if you plan to train it. Unless you don't care to sacrifice some Rare Candies.

Oh yeah, duh to me again. :P

Yeah you got a point there. So taking it to the Day Care is probably the best way to go if you plan to train it. Unless you don't care to sacrifice some Rare Candies.
Or you could fight someone strong (like a Gym Leader). You can get pretty accurate results from a small number of kills. I got a Jirachi from Lv5 to Lv14 with Clair's Gyarados and Aerodactyl alone, and that was enough for a decent read on it. Then you can simply chuck some EV-reducing berries to deal with the EVs you got, it should only take one for each stat EVs were gotten in.

The good thing about this is that even if you mess up/don't care about RNG abusing, you still have an amazing HM slave in the end.

The good thing about this is that even if you mess up/don't care about RNG abusing, you still have an amazing HM slave in the end.
Ya, I'm probably going to send it over to Pokemon Black when it comes out in the US and give it 4 HMs as I get them. XD

Got my Calm and Timid ones. Now I just need Jolly then I can spam for whatever natures come up until this event ends, at which point I'll hoard my final Wondercards for a later time.

I still have a Gamestop Deoxys from like 2008 waiting on my Diamond :)

I knew it was a bad idea to wait. I was thinking distribution ended at the end of the 31st, not on the 31st.
Don't worry, odds are it will get a European release as well, and you can grab one then if you have an English copy.

I was aiming for the Timid/Modest but came across a Jolly Mew with "relatively superior potential overall" judgment and 31 IVs for Attack and Speed.
This a keeper?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)