Gyarados

also its 100% safe to do bounce since with those move and since its pointless to use non scarf ditto(i assume everyone though this correct me if im wrong) gyara beat ditto = result. Gosh first scizor BP is his set up bait now even ditto cant stand a chance against him ?

also its 100% safe to do bounce since with those move and since its pointless to use non scarf ditto(i assume everyone though this correct me if im wrong) gyara beat ditto = result. Gosh first scizor BP is his set up bait now even ditto cant stand a chance against him ?
I think you're underestimating how much damage Waterfall might do (and of course the Flinch) especially if Gyrados is weakened. He is probably better off then most but it's hardly a sure thing.

I think he's probably thinking a slower Bounce is better (they bounce/you bounce, they come down and miss/you come down and hit) but that's assuming the Ditto uses Bounce as its first move.
I suppose if you could survive Ditto's Waterfall you might win with a Bounce.

That's fine with me, I'd rather have Intimidate.

Intimidate vs OC is a tie match after all. Inti = set up and OC = more power more deadlu

I think you're underestimating how much damage Waterfall might do (and of course the Flinch) especially if Gyrados is weakened. He is probably better off then most but it's hardly a sure thing.
i now i just thought about that.
i mean a 594 attack gyara using wf on other gyara does like 40 % IIRC

I have used Bounce Gyarados on my Sandstorm team as an out for Ditto, Jaroda, and others. Gives another turn of Sandstorm Damage, Strong STAB, gives amazing coverage, and possibility of Paralysis. He is the reason why my Sandstorm team has peaked to number 2 on Pokemon Online.

you forget that Bounce and Waterfall form perfect neutral coverage to anything not named dialga and empoleon
Zekrom and Lanturn and Rotom-w.

Also Chinchou.

Gyarados and Doryuuzu are good together, resisting 15 types and being neutral to Grass and Ice. Getting free Swords Dances on Thunderbolts/ DDs on Mach Punches is is fun.

And Gyarados can't learn Bounce with Overconfidence.
It could be a DW move, though. I wouldn't discount the possibility just yet.

Gyarados shouldn't be beating Ditto... unless it's bulky enough to not die from a +1 Stone Edge and can also OHKO Ditto back (which makes some sense, since Gyarados actually has good defenses).

It should be noted that it is considerably more effective against Porygon-2 with Overconfidence. I don't know numbers, but without Porygon-2 Tracing Intimidate, it will be able to pick off already weakened ones more easily.

This could work well on a hyper-offense team, for example, with Salamence luring in P-2 and weakening it. Pair with something like Blaziken or Nape so that you can force out P-2 while it's weak. Then when you bring Gyara in, their check will be weakened and ineffective since it can't Intimidate you. In fact, if they try to Intimidate your Gyara later you'd net a kill and they'd be facing +2 Atk +1 Spe.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
i have a question. bounce may be gyrados's strongest attack but it takes 2 turns to use(it goes up in the air and then atks, correct me if im wrong)that means the opponent can switch in that 2 turn time period.

i have a question. bounce may be gyrados's strongest attack but it takes 2 turns to use(it goes up in the air and then atks, correct me if im wrong)that means the opponent can switch in that 2 turn time period.
yeah they can but i tell ya only a stupid person (well except when they have a really big plan which is risky too) switch on bouncing gyara.
30% Para hax is huge enough to be a risky attempt.

Now gyara's problem is Rotom-W so i think Gyara paired with Doryuzuu and Jaroda could work. The Sea Serpent The Mole and The Devil lol

yeah they can but i tell ya only a stupid person (well except when they have a really big plan which is risky too) switch on bouncing gyara(when gyara is in bouncing position).
30% Para hax is huge enough to be a risky attempt.

Now gyara's problem is Rotom-W so i think Gyara paired with Doryuzuu and Jaroda could work. The Sea Serpent The Mole and The Devil lol

It could be a DW move, though. I wouldn't discount the possibility just yet.

Gyarados shouldn't be beating Ditto... unless it's bulky enough to not die from a +1 Stone Edge and can also OHKO Ditto back (which makes some sense, since Gyarados actually has good defenses).
nowadays stone edge is somehow rare like hell. it might because of the less risky alternate perfect coverage in form of Earthquake Waterfall Bounce. Still gyara is a huge threat

I don't know about anyone else, but to me Gyarados seems like the most nerfed OU Pokemon in B/W. Between the addition of Nattorei and Boiling Water, Rotom-W's new typing, a bunch of physical Pokes getting Wild Bolt, Porygon2 w/ prevo stone and the new and improved Cloyster / Quagsire, in addition to Sandstorm / SR / Starmie likely to be as popular as ever, it seems that Gyarados will have a much harder time both offensively and defensively. Overconfidence = overrated. Dragon Tail is a good addition for defensive sets though.

I don't know about anyone else, but to me Gyarados seems like the most nerfed OU Pokemon in B/W.
That would be Metagross IMO (Explosion nerf, no new moves and useless new ability FTW). Though Gyara has some competition with even Feraligatr now (Encourage >_>)

Anyway: i don't know why, but i have a feeling that most Gyaras will go defensive now. With Rest Talk and Intimidate logically.
Maybe that's just me...

I agree that Dos' future role will focus more on defense. The DD + three attacks set is awesome right now, but that's mainly because Salamence is gone. Dos will have to compete with tons of new sweepers in B/W, and the only great benefit I see to him is how he compliments the mole.

I agree that Dos' future role will focus more on defense. The DD + three attacks set is awesome right now, but that's mainly because Salamence is gone. Dos will have to compete with tons of new sweepers in B/W, and the only great benefit I see to him is how he compliments the mole.
Yea, it'll be interesting to see how popular RestTalk Gyara will be this gen, since it was fairly common on stall teams in gen 4. Offensive Gyara has swept me once or twice in the last couple of days because i keep forgetting how dangerous it is to sacrifice a pokemon to it. Tho once the metagame evolves, i doubt offensive gyarados will be as effective.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I personally think that the Bulky DD set is pretty useful, with Gyara's great typing and Intimidate. It provides a decent check to SD Kerudio and a few other notable physical sweepers.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
If swimming goggles boost his speed, is may not be necessary to give 252 EV's towards speed. Max speed is good, but he may not even need it after a dragon dance when you factor in the swim goggles boost. This will make gyarados a little bit bulkier, which always helps in OU.

If swimming goggles boost his speed, is may not be necessary to give 252 EV's towards speed. Max speed is good, but he may not even need it after a dragon dance when you factor in the swim goggles boost. This will make gyarados a little bit bulkier, which always helps in OU.
does not exist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)