Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok this is just ridiculous. I am trying to hit a delay of 3769. I have so far hit 2 above and below this, and pretty much all around it. Every time I get closer, the coin flips stop matching up all of a sudden and don't match up until I start all over again. BLEHHH

Does Nintendo hate me or is there a way to change this?

Ok this is just ridiculous. I am trying to hit a delay of 3769. I have so far hit 2 above and below this, and pretty much all around it. Every time I get closer, the coin flips stop matching up all of a sudden and don't match up until I start all over again. BLEHHH

Does Nintendo hate me or is there a way to change this?
Not much way of changing it, all you can do is keep trying. It will eventually stop laughing in your face and give you the seed you need/want.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This question might have been asked earlier. While I am trying to RNG breed for ivs does the first appearance of the journal count as a frame advance if it has a frame advancing entry on it ??(like starly was caught/defeated)

Right now I am trying to RNG the roamers with near-flawless stats and some HP 70, starting with only Latios first. Well I've already found my seeds from using JavaRNG with Method 1. The problem right now are that my frames range from 500-1000. Are there any easier ways to advance the frames to such a high value without using the radio technique that follows a mere increment of one?

Trying to RNG the Mew wifi-event. I have an average delay of 489 when I enter the game world. However, I can't change the year past 2099 on my DS. I am using the Seed to Times in the RNG reporter and it say's that I need to go over the year 2099 to hit find a time with a delay of 489?

How do you solve this problem?

Okay, according to the RNG guide, it says the calibrated delay for HGSS must be 480 on the pikatimer when you're trying to rng abuse. So my question is if you're trying to rng abuse a pokemon with a wanted delay that is lower than a calibrated delay on the pikatimer, should you lower the calibrated delay to a lower lower number?

For example: If my wanted delay is 353, do you change the calibrated delay from 480 to 300 on the pikatimer?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, according to the RNG guide, it says the calibrated delay for HGSS must be 480 on the pikatimer when you're trying to rng abuse. So my question is if you're trying to rng abuse a pokemon with a wanted delay that is lower than a calibrated delay on the pikatimer, should you lower the calibrated delay to a lower lower number?

For example: If my wanted delay is 353, do you change the calibrated delay from 480 to 300 on the pikatimer?
353 is impossible for any fourth generation game, it is much too low, even button mashing as fast as you could, the lowest is maybe 470-480

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Quick question...

Can I download the Mew event again even after I reset and restart my game?
And yeah, using the same cartridge.
(P.S. I don't have SoulSilver yet.)

I AM BREEDING ON DIAMOND

i am using pika timer and i've been all over the place.

sometimes i've been getting the same seed but they're not listed in the adjacent spreads

my target seed is 63060283
date - 2010 10 08
time - 6:05:14
delay - 633
frame 8
IVs - B 31 31 20 31 B

on generate adjacent spreads I've made my min max seconds (13/15)
min max delays - 613 - 643
min max frames - 6 - 12

i've made them like that since this is my first time rng'ing so i wanted to see a wide range of results

i am PRETTY sure that i'm not hitting anything below 13 seconds or above 15 seconds
for the delays, i've never hit anything below 616, EVER, or above 642.

so why is it that some spreads that i've hit are not listed? am i really hitting things below or above the delays i specified?

some examples of what i'm talking about are spreads with such ivs.
7-9 /1-2 /17-19 /30 /12-13
29 /1 /25-29/ 19 /25-29 /31
9/ 15 /31 /17-18 /24-29 /6-9 <<---- i've hit this THREE TIMES NOW!
29 /18-21 /10-13 /13-16 /30 /1-5
28 /19 /25-28 /17-18 /20 /9

parent A Ivs are
28 / 1-2 / 25 / 13 / 20 / 9

parent B
31 / 19 / 31 / 30 / 30 / 31

any ideas?

so you're saying i'm hitting 16 seconds? that's impossible because there's no way i'm going that slow. if anything i'm hitting 15 seconds. or am i hitting above the delay 643?

apparentlyi'm hitting above 643........

i want to learn how to radioseed when attempting rng for roamers, but how would you be able to know on what frame you've landed if you cant use elm calls in the champion room?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i want to learn how to radioseed when attempting rng for roamers, but how would you be able to know on what frame you've landed if you cant use elm calls in the champion room?
if you're using radioseed then you can use the radio messages to determine what frame you are on.

Your adjusted generate frame are over a huge interval set both your min max frame to 8 and your delay +\- 15. that way if your hit your second correctly you should have hit an delay around that range. Also keep in mind that the npc can and will affect your frame.

On another note
Is rng in pkmn firered the same as emerald? I Want a sd mewtwo

I AM BREEDING ON DIAMOND

i am using pika timer and i've been all over the place.

sometimes i've been getting the same seed but they're not listed in the adjacent spreads

my target seed is 63060283
date - 2010 10 08
time - 6:05:14
delay - 633
frame 8
IVs - B 31 31 20 31 B

on generate adjacent spreads I've made my min max seconds (13/15)
min max delays - 613 - 643
min max frames - 6 - 12

i've made them like that since this is my first time rng'ing so i wanted to see a wide range of results

i am PRETTY sure that i'm not hitting anything below 13 seconds or above 15 seconds
for the delays, i've never hit anything below 616, EVER, or above 642.

so why is it that some spreads that i've hit are not listed? am i really hitting things below or above the delays i specified?

some examples of what i'm talking about are spreads with such ivs.
7-9 /1-2 /17-19 /30 /12-13
29 /1 /25-29/ 19 /25-29 /31
9/ 15 /31 /17-18 /24-29 /6-9 <<---- i've hit this THREE TIMES NOW!
29 /18-21 /10-13 /13-16 /30 /1-5
28 /19 /25-28 /17-18 /20 /9

parent A Ivs are
28 / 1-2 / 25 / 13 / 20 / 9

parent B
31 / 19 / 31 / 30 / 30 / 31

any ideas?

Sorry for dp but it kinda hard textingnon iPhone

Also you adjusted seconds should also be 14. If you don't narrow result you can get inaccurate result.

Also what is your calibrated delay if it's near 633 then you really don't have to use pikatimer

Can anyone suggest me different ways to calibrate? My Platinum keeps giving me inconsistent seconds. (Delays are fine) One day it gives me 14, then strangely 1 second, then today 16. I really need help because it's been weeks since I RNG abuse due to a bricked AR. (I got a new one but I think I wasted 28$ on it)

Can someone give me the first 10 Elm responses for seed 52140289? I'm on a Mac right now so I can't check, but I know I hit my seed, I just forgot how how times I just called Elm out of excitement. :P

Trying to figure out where I'm at right now.

Can someone give me the first 10 Elm responses for seed 52140289? I'm on a Mac right now so I can't check, but I know I hit my seed, I just forgot how how times I just called Elm out of excitement. :P

Trying to figure out where I'm at right now.
It goes.... E, K, K, K, P, K, E, K, P, P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)