Eviolite

Doesn't Scarf Ditto revenge this? Granted he revenges alot of things that set up but it will use your own sweep against you.
Did you miss that you see your entire opponent's team before the match begins? You'll know they have a ditto, so you'll make sure it's out of the way first.

Did you miss that you see your entire opponent's team before the match begins? You'll know they have a ditto, so you'll make sure it's out of the way first.
Of course, but that's the same for ANY pokemon that acts like a check. Simply stating that doesn't mean it shouldn't be listed as a problem pokemon. You would also see Shedinja, Empoleon and any other pokemon that threatens the set. But the point of this thread is the use of the stone on pre-evolved pokemon, so I'll stop here.

That's true, but Scarf Ditto is a problem for practically any Pokemon not wearing a Scarf itself (and of course even with one, the Speed-tie is still risky), so that pretty much goes without saying and it doesn't really need a special mention, IMO.

Water absorb Burenkeru completely walls that set.
3rd game tutors should give this thing back it's Ice Punch to deal with the Burungeru/Nattorei core.

For now, people will have to settle with trying to get their Drum in without using Hypnosis so that they can save it to incapacitate a check like Natt or Burungeru. Since Linoone teams are my favourites to begin with, I can confirm that doing this is difficult but possible using Screens/Yawn/Rest switchins, and having the new Wish formula at it's disposal means it can try again.

Maybe I should look at Zigzagoon....

EDIT: Nvm Zigzagoon.

The max Speed is to beat other Swift Swimmers, especially other Poliwhirl who can shut this down via Hypnosis and start their own Poli-sweeps. Kingdra as well, without screens Poliwhirl wont survive Outrage or Draco Meteor.
Actually, you still outspeed Jolly Kingdra. Foe Poliwhirl are a concern, I suppose, but I don't see this set being all that common. Obviously foe Floatzel are way out of your league speed-wise.

Sorry if this has been asked, but does this work on Phione? If so, that thing would be a bit awesome. I don't think it would work though.

I baton passed +6 Special Attack to a specially based Tyranitar, and a Porygon 2 took a Dark Pulse to the face. HOW?!?! HOW?!?! This stone is so confusing.

I used that Poliwhirl set in the fourth generation as a lead and it worked surprisingly well. With the pre-evolution stone and swift swim..

Finally, my dreams have come true!..

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I baton passed +6 Special Attack to a specially based Tyranitar, and a Porygon 2 took a Dark Pulse to the face. HOW?!?! HOW?!?! This stone is so confusing.
Lol this was my Porygon 2.

P2 is ridiculously bulky. He's so good I swear he's better than P-Z now.

Scyther is pretty great with this stone, gets to 70/110/120/55/120/105, 580 total. With technician, he gets 90 BP stab with Bug Bite and Aerial Ace, with Swords Dance too. Stealth Rock is a bitch, but Roost can help with that, though you do lose a coverage move.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
It's already been discussed in length, but Porygon2 is just an animal with this thing.

Mine took a +2 Earthquake from an Ononokusu and turned around and KO'd with Ice Beam, then recovered off the damage afterwards.
That's pretty fantastic.

Chansey is pretty sick. I just replaced my Blissey with Chansey and am pretty satisfied with the results. I would recommend Chansey over Blissey to anyone who is only running Seismic-Toss as an attacking move.

To another note, P2 is god like. Solar Power Charazard 2HKOs Blissey and 3HKOs P2.

Scyther is pretty great with this stone, gets to 70/110/120/55/120/105, 580 total. With technician, he gets 90 BP stab with Bug Bite and Aerial Ace, with Swords Dance too. Stealth Rock is a bitch, but Roost can help with that, though you do lose a coverage move.
That isn't how base stats work.

Scyther is pretty great with this stone, gets to 70/110/129.5/55/129.5/105, 599 total. With technician, he gets 90 BP stab with Bug Bite and Aerial Ace, with Swords Dance too. Stealth Rock is a bitch, but Roost can help with that, though you do lose a coverage move.
Fixed your numbers.

Scyther's a scary, scary mon. It's only bad stat is the one it doesn't need. Technician/Swords Dance/STAB Aerial Ace/Brick Break/Double Hit + 1/4 Mach Punch resistance. Too bad STDory, Ditto, and BP Scizor wreck Scyther.

Gigear...

324/339/310 (252 HP, 252 ATK, 6 SDF, neutral nature for defenses) is pretty nice. For comparison, Bronzong has 338/268/269 with the same stat boosts. Then it uses Gear Change a few times (while taking hits like a beast) and sweeps.

Ground, fighting, and fire move are fairly major problems, as Gigear has a bit of trouble hitting those types; all of them resist Gear Saucer iirc, so you'll have to hit them with Return. However, I firmly believe this set could work in lower enviroments. I ought to write an analysis for it.

Fighting and Ground do not resist Steel.

Regardless, what exactly would Gigear be able to accomplish with its terrible movepool?

Chansey wouldn't work out because of Happinny. Or whatever the little pink freak's name is. Also, I haven't read through the 12+pages here so I'll just toss out two ideas:

Munchlax
135/80/40/40/85/5
With item: (x1.5 to D and SpD as I understand it)
135/80/60/40/120/5

Hell just hypothetically slap a Choice Band on this little guy and you can see the potential

Also Lickitung could use it to be a decent wall in the lesser tiers.

Chansey does work; it's been tested. Any Pokemon that has an evolved form can get the boost from Pre-Evolution Stone.

I plan on using Porygon2 and Dusclops with Pre-Evo Stones on my Trick Room team so I'll see how that goes.

Edit: According to the OP, mid-stage Pokemon like Dusclops and Chansey only get a 30% boost instead of the 50% boost that 1st stage Pokemon get. Edit3: According to the BW Research thread, it is a 50% boost to mid-stage Pokemon. Both tests were done by Wichu which has me confused.

Edit2: LouisCyphre: So it's completely walled by Hippowdon, Swampert, and Magnezone who can kill it and either phaze it or trap it. Even though it can get a few boosts up with its defenses, it can't use them.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Fighting and Ground do not resist Steel.

Regardless, what exactly would Gigear be able to accomplish with its terrible movepool?
It has a 50 BP Steel move that hits twice (read: it's a meteor mash that bypasses Subs), Volt Change, and Gear Change (+1 Attack / Speed ). It can do something, albeit not a whole lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)