List of Released Dream World Pokemon and Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true, I have to admit I'm a little miffed at SBziken being so exclusive D:

Also, today's batch of pokemans:

By the way, anybody know if there's an upper limit on the number of pokemon you can have in your High Link forest at once? I'm up to three, I think.

I believe I read somewhere on here that a maximum of 10 can be in the HL forest.

When you all are talking about "choosing" a female pokemon, what does this mean? I missed out in the past day or so :/

Does Synchronize work on DW Pokemon?
When you go to the Highlink forest, the Pokemon appears in battle but you don't send out a Pokemon to fight. You just throw a Pokeball, and I THINK whatever ball you throw always captures it, plus you get a free Dream Ball just in case.

So I doubt you can synch for natures, seeing as you never actually send out a Pokemon. Could be wrong, though.

I believe I read somewhere on here that a maximum of 10 can be in the HL forest.

When you all are talking about "choosing" a female pokemon, what does this mean? I missed out in the past day or so :/
Once you get to the end of the Dream World hunting safari whatever, you get shown a full list of Pokemon you met. It shows their gender, one attack, and ability. You pick one, and that one goes back to the game.

People prefer to pick females if possible, since a female DW Pokemon can pass down the ability to babies while so far males can't.

Does Synchronize work on DW Pokemon?
DW Pokemon are assigned random natures.

IV however, is certain.
For instance, as soon as you enter high link,
The IVs of your next DW Pokemon capture is already determined.
- If you have more than 1 Pokemon in the DW forest, the IV for the next capture is determined regardless of which of those Pokemon you capture
Walking in the forest doesn't change this set IV. You have to re-enter high-link.
- The nature for the next capture is generated.
Thus it's possible to reset for a good nature once you've determined a usable IV set via RTS

Tested personally

Todays Haul:

Chose the Female Nidoran(F), needed one for breeding... now i can have my Encourage suckerpunch Nidoking!

IV however, is certain.
- If you have more than 1 Pokemon in the DW forest, the IV for the next capture is determined regardless of which of those Pokemon you capture
Walking in the forest doesn't change this set IV. You have to re-enter high-link.
Thus it's possible to reset for a good nature once you've determined a usable IV set via RTS

Tested personally
Nope, just checked myself. IVs are random.

Yeah, i wondered the same thing, haha, ever wonder why Nidoran(M) has Egg moves, but it only comes male? Nidoran(F) can produce both Nidoran(F) and Nidoran(M) Eggs, 50/50 chance.
Has it been determined how passing down DW ability works with Nidoran(F) in particular? Can the DW ability still be passed down to males?

Thank you for the clarification, I got scared and thought I missed a bizarre event or something.

My theory of different types affecting the pokemon you encounter is hard to test, considering my DW points are a lurking variable in this relationship. I guess I'll gain enough points to move on to the next area (whenever that may be) and then test the forest level with different types of pokemon.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

IV however, is certain.

Tested personally
Are you saying the IVs are determined by the moment you get in the High Link area and change every time you get out and back again? But you can't save in the High Link area, so, for anyone not using save states, soft-resetting for DW pokémon is pretty much the same as SRing for any stationary legendary, right?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

IV however, is certain.

Tested personally
This applies for any Pokemon you catch, not just the ones in the Dream World.

There are two separate RNGs for IVs and PIDs\natures. The RNG for IVs is set once you start the game, and changes only a) once every time you turn on the C-Gear b) at a constant rate during wild\trainer battles and c) once when depositing Pokemon in the PC. Since you're obviously not turning the C-Gear on and off while you're in the Dream World, it doesn't change.

edit to mattj, below: well, encountering a Pokemon advances the IV RNG too. So you can't get the same set of IVs on all the DW Pokemon.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Does that mean you can set the IVs up for the first DW mon and then have the same IVs for the next? Or will battling them mess with your frame? Just curious.

Noooo! I found a female Kanghskan, watering other people berries, trading berries, enter to my house, then suddendly this happened:

I couldn`t even press the power button, so this means is a wasted day?! And I can`t wake up my Ev`d Shinpora!

Damn you Team Rocket Game Freak!

White:
http://i54.tinypic.com/53n6no.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/53n6no.jpg

Black:
http://i56.tinypic.com/10cjc6b.jpg

Over in White, Encourage NidoranF having Super Fang (HG/SS tutor) is new and welcome. I think that's the only new thing out of both games.

I'll be Wi-Fi idling in White for the next few hours for anyone who added me, assuming Nintendo lets me (the Dream World is down for maintenance and I've gotten disconnected just from generally being online a couple time in the past five minutes, so I don't know what's going on).

Also, for the future after the Dream World is back up, I have Chople Berries in White to put on people's benches if they leave items out to trade for. Nothing major in Black yet, but I do have some Passho Berries planted right now and I'll spread those around after they're done growing and I have spares.

Noooo! I found a female Kanghskan, watering other people berries, trading berries, enter to my house, then suddendly this happened:

I couldn`t even press the power button, so this means is a wasted day?! And I can`t wake up my Ev`d Shinpora!

Damn you Team Rocket Game Freak!
So this means nobody can wake up their pokemon until tomorrow?

I don't think there's anything new there. Though I did notice that the magnet rise shinx isn't in the OP even though it's been reported before.

I took the sucker punch nidoran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)