Archeops

nah. a kick in the balls would be if he learned belly drum.
If you make sure your HP is odd, you'll end up with 50%+1 HP since Belly Drum rounds down. Obviously any sort of residual damage pretty much cripples it but Spin and Sandstorm support would help with that.

SR. hail. priority. faster stuff. etc etc.

there is a reason why stuff like belyzard sucks so much.
Bellyzard is a completely different Pokémon. It didn't work effectively because not only does it have a 4x weakness to rock attacks and only decent speed, it had no resistance to Sandstorm, the most common weather of Generation IV.

But I feel this guy may actually work out okay. It has an immunity to Ground, which I think is its best bet on switching without revenge killing. It has a great STAB in Rock type, a pretty good movepool, and pretty high speed. I like the Claw Sharpen sets, as it also helps out Focus Blast's shaky accuracy and provides a strong special attack in case it reaches below 50%.

-Zane

It has been confirmed that holding a Flight Jewel and attacking with Acrobat activates the no-item condition for Acrobat, which is a really nice combo. It essentially gives you a 165 base power STAB move ( 247.5 with STAB) off of this guy's massive attack, then it is a 100 base power move for the rest of the match. Archaeos easily has the best stats and typing to take advantage of this combo.

It has been confirmed that holding a Flight Jewel and attacking with Acrobat activates the no-item condition for Acrobat, which is a really nice combo. It essentially gives you a 165 base power STAB move ( 247.5 with STAB) off of this guy's massive attack, then it is a 100 base power move for the rest of the match. Archaeos easily has the best stats and typing to take advantage of this combo.
Wow, that gives you a near Explosion-level attack that is 100% accurate and has no recoil or other negative effect. And as you said, Archeos' speed and attack stat make it perhaps the best user of such a combo.

Hmm... perhaps Acrobat against an opponent who you know has nothing left to resist it (or if they do will still take a lot of damage), hopefully netting you one kill. Then Head Smash whatever comes out next, hopefully netting a second kill. Then with your HP now likely over half gone, use Endeavor to weaken the third opponent before going down.:toast:

Though of course Head Smash may still be too risky with 80% accuracy.

Wow, that gives you a near Explosion-level attack that is 100% accurate and has no recoil or other negative effect. And as you said, Archeos' speed and attack stat make it perhaps the best user of such a combo.

Hmm... perhaps Acrobat against an opponent who you know has nothing left to resist it (or if they do will still take a lot of damage), hopefully netting you one kill. Then Head Smash whatever comes out next, hopefully netting a second kill. Then with your HP now likely over half gone, use Endeavor to weaken the third opponent before going down.:toast:

Though of course Head Smash may still be too risky with 80% accuracy.
lol, the set I posted last used exactly that strategy. ;) However, it might not be necessary to Head Smash immediately after Acrobat, depending on which opponent you´re facing. STABbed no-item-Acrobat still hurts as hell, even without the Jewel.

Given his ability, the best use I'll make of him is with a kamikaze Scarf attack locked into something worthwhile until it goes down.

has anyone considered the whole idea where you send out the coffin Pokemon and tag your opponent with Mummy and then switch out to Archeos and hit the opponent with a physical attack to eliminate your Weak-Kneed ability? it sounds viable to me.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
why not just pass him a wish form vappy or blissey this will easily get him back to full Health and isnt that gimmicky given that he loses mummy when he switches out again.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Archeos @ Flying Jewel
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP Adamant / Jolly
~Stone Edge / Headsmash
~Acrobat
~Claw Sharpen
~Earthquake / Crunch

This seems like the Best set for him. Claw Sharpen as they switch out, and then start destroying things. He still has usable Attack after Claw Sharpen, especially if your using Head Smash.

I agree with the above set, but problem is he won't be able to scare much out for the Claw Sharpen. They know they can cripple him even if he can kill them, and might chance to attack. In such a case I'd probably swap Rock Slide for Edge or Smash because Archie really can't risk the miss. Plus flinchhax could always buy another turn of rape. Still, if you go Claw Sharpen his attack is still reasonable even below half, and that accurate Stone Edge sure is nice...
Anyone else been brave enough to use him? Since he's a frail sweeper who can't take a hit anyway, I feel like the choice sets and the jewel-Acrobat sets still have a shot as late-game clean-up. He can still be worthwhile IMO.

I've been messing around with him on PO, and the best moveset I've found is:

Archeos @ Flying Jewel
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP Jolly
~Head Smash
~Acrobat
~U-Turn
~Earth Power/Earthquake

This functions primarily as a lead, killing as much as he can at the beginning of the match.
U-turn allows him to escape from any major threats (although he's not expected to live that long anyway) although Focus Blast can be used for coverage, if you don't mind splitting EVs
Obviously the Recoil on HS is bad, but even after week-kneed kicks in, it still does a shitton of damage to anything.
He'll normally net 1 or 2 kills a match, I even managed to beat a guy in 6 turns with him, but if he's u-turned out at full health or is given wish support, he can wreak havoc late game as well.

I've been messing around with him on PO, and the best moveset I've found is:

Archeos @ Flying Jewel
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP Jolly
~Head Smash
~Acrobat
~U-Turn
~Earth Power/Earthquake

This functions primarily as a lead, killing as much as he can at the beginning of the match.
U-turn allows him to escape from any major threats (although he's not expected to live that long anyway) although Focus Blast can be used for coverage, if you don't mind splitting EVs
Obviously the Recoil on HS is bad, but even after week-kneed kicks in, it still does a shitton of damage to anything.
He'll normally net 1 or 2 kills a match, I even managed to beat a guy in 6 turns with him, but if he's u-turned out at full health or is given wish support, he can wreak havoc late game as well.
Do you reckon a variation of this set could work specifically as a late game sweeper? Perhaps with Rock Slide over Head Smash and a few other substitutions here and there? Like maybe U-turn for a coverage move like Dragon Claw, since hopefully late game you won't need to do much switching. I just feel like he's either gotta be a lead and do damage before danger comes out, or come out after the dangers gone and really cut loose. Rocks, priority, and faster mons. If he can avoid those three things I still see him being really effective.
EDIT: OK. The major sites still list Faint-Hearted as only halving Attack. Normally I'd just think they're way behind the times, but Bulbapedia has the ability's flavor text from the game in moonrunes and says it only cuts Attack. Can we just end this? It doesn't change how he'll play too much, he's still gonna be an extra-careful late-game sweeper with a lot of power and not a lot of survivability. But I just wanna know for sure if its both offensive stats or only Attack.

The rage. THE RAGE. It's possible the in-game text is misleading, though.

I rather like the smash everything while you can mentality here. It's what Slaking did anyway, and this guy is a whole hell of a lot better than that.

Would Desukan be a good partner for Archaeos? One could attack a foe with Desukan, thus making it's ability into mummy, switch Arcaheos in and work its magic. I could see Archaeos doing well, if his ability would change into mummy. That can be just me, though.

in fact, anything that can negate/eliminate his ability work great on archeos. his ability is just a massive ball buster IMO, if is not SE then any hit he take will leave him alive but with less then 50% as long its not coming from something like slaking.

He does not have Pursuit. He cannot ever do that in singles.

Also Mummy only works when the mon with the ability is contacted, not when it contacts the opponent.

Well, desukan is good for stuff other than that strategy. You can use desukan for the purposes of what you'd otherwise use him for, but if you find yourself in a situation where archeos is facing an opponent inflicted with mummy, might as well go for it.

The opponent will just switch out. Archeos can never make use of that strategy.

Slaking is the only Pokemon capable of stealing Mummy effectively.

Lucalibur: That's a valid point, but the fact is he can't take much, even in the realm of neutral hits. In traditional sweeper fashion, he has really low defenses and can't survive much to begin with. Lots of people I've talked to who use him say he outright dies a lot more frequently then he survives with less than half health. So in that sense he's just like any fragile speedster who needs to watch his ass in order to be effective. At least he still has that delicious 140 attack to rampage with before going down.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
i guess all it will be good at is trying to take out the lead pokemon at the beginning. even that i don't think it'll do too good.

i guess all it will be good at is trying to take out the lead pokemon at the beginning. even that i don't think it'll do too good.
I beg to differ. Even with a weak-kneed bonus, a jewel-boosted acrobat will KO pretty much all grass types (haven't done the calcs yet, but from experience this includes scarf Jaroda, Erfuun and anything else with a decent defence). Seriously, acrobat and Head-Smash tear shit up like no other, even after weak-kneed.

And beyond this, I even 6-0ed a guy on PO, using only this, with acrobat and earth power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)