In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just beat the game and Erufuun made the e4 and any pokemon that wasn´t easy to kill easy mode, if you have an erufuun with toxic/leech seed and lots of money to waste on revives you can kill basically anything at any level, not to mention respectable defenses and special attack to hit with giga drain and be able to survive the weaker attacks to keep spamming crap on your opponents team. Top tier
Hihidaruma
was also ridiculously powerful, flare blitz basically OHKO´d anything that didn´t resist it that didn´t have a higher level, also hihidaruma has nice coverage with brick break for rock types. Top tier
Aaekosu, once it gets acrobat is a monster, it raped anything slower, too bad that if it was hit by anything with a respectable attack stat its ability would kick in and make him useless. High tier

Victini was given on release and is obtainable mid-game. I think it should be tierable.

I think there should be some distinquishment made from what just plain sucks (bad stats/moves) and what comes too late.

breh

強いだね
Victini was given on release and is obtainable mid-game. I think it should be tierable.

I think there should be some distinquishment made from what just plain sucks (bad stats/moves) and what comes too late.

Its event expires today..

Aaken should stay where it is. It's not exactly the bulkiest bird out there, but it's not something to underestimate either. I would say it should be in the second highest tier, but it can stay in High and be awesome.

Bachuru should be High. I believe that Compoundeyes Denchura is something that will seriously help you on, especially when you catch one for Fukiyose City. A Charge Beam that hits and 50% attack boosts and Thunder is an extremely beneficial advantage in using Denchura. Bug Buzz + Energy Ball is also good coverage. It really misses out on using something else other than what it has, but it's pretty much enough for it to dominate :))

I believe Aianto should be in the Upper Mid to High area. That attack and its impressive speed is nothing to laugh at. The prevalence of Fire-types isn't really something you should worry about. It's also fast enough to bash things with Iron Head and X-Scissor. Claw Sharpen is amazing on this thing.

Giaru shouldn't be underestimated as well. Maybe middle? Gear Saucer and Gear Change are amazing moves. It doesn't even need that much coverage since the only thing resisting it is Steel itself. As well as Fire and Electric,but yeah. It always has Volt Change. :O

Maggyo should go in the very pits of hell :O

And OMG Monozu? In my bottom tiers?! Why? Sazandora is amazing as hell. The effort is absolutely worthwhile, I tell you. Upper Mid, if you guys can manage with that :O

My team at beating the game:

Jolorda (Slink)@ Miricle Seed
Nature: Quirky
EV's: All over the place :)
Recieved at Level 5
-Return
-Lead Blade
-Giga Drain
-Growth
Great Pokemon in the beginning, although he slows down after beating the ground gym leader. I solo'd the first three gyms with just him, without even fainting once. He was my go-to-guy for when shit hit the fan. His speed really helps against boss battles, esspecially against Gocheesu's Sazandora, witch without him and Kojondo would have swept my team.
Top-Tier or High-Tier.

Shinborra (Azzy)@ Sharp Beak
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: +Sp.Atk -Def.
Caught at Level 20
-Psychic
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Hypnosis
My second pokemon, got him right after the 3rd gym, (which he would have been helful in, but I didn't know you could get him at that time) after which he pretty much put Jalorda on the back burner. Didn't help too much in gym battles, but everywhere else he shined.
High-Tier

Abugoora (Tsunami)@ Mystic Water
Ability: Solid Rock
Nature: +Spe. -Sp.Def
Recieved at Level 25(!)
-Aqua Jet
-Surf
-Rock Slide
-Shell Break
A very good pokemon, comes at a very decent level, and can even sweep teams with Shell Break, but something that should be of note is that Curse is better in-game, because his walling abilities are gone after one shell break; and he usually can't get enough speed to outrun so Aqua Jet is needed anyway. Speaking of, Aqua Jet is a fairly useful move on such a slow pokemon, (especially with some curses up) it usually can save you from getting swept and can sweep yourself.
Upper-Mid to High Tier

Denchura (8-Bit) @ Magnet
Ability: Compound Eyes
Nature: Neutral
Caught at Level 27
-Thunder
-Signal Beam
-Volt Change
-Sucker Punch(lol)
91% STAB Thunder is awesome enough. But 8-bit alone destroyed the flying type gym leader. It came at a decent level, and evolved right before the gym, and overall is a great pokemon to have.
High-Tier

Shandera (Lamp) @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Neutral
Caught at level 29
-Shadow Ball
-Fire Blast
-Flame Burst(?)
-Purgatory(?)
Now this is where I actually needed to piggyback a pokemon. His pre-evo Hitomoshi, is so slow and fragile that it dies to a lot of shit. However, you do get him at Tower of Heaven, which is essentially full of ghost and psychic type trainers to clean house with. WoW + Evil Eye really help out until he gets shadow ball and there's absolutely NO REASON to not evolve him with Dusk Stone as soon as he evolves at level 41, because the only move that's worth going for is Shadow Ball but even then you get that in a later TM so, yeah. After he evolved he became one of the heavy hitters in my team, raping the 7th gym with ease.
Mid-Tier

Kojondo (Jojo) @ Shell Bell
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Naive
Caught at level 37
Now I don't know why he is so low in this tier list, the only reasons I can gather is that he come a bit late (before or after 7th gymbadge) and evolves at level 50, right before the E4. But when you do get him (I got him immediately after the 7th gym) he sweeps Team Plasma in Dragon Spiral Tower OHKOing everything in sight. (I would imagine if you got him before the 7th gym he'd sweep that too) Inner Focus evens helps with those Choreneko evos using Fake Out on you, but Regeneration is prabably better. He was one of the main reasons I didn't lose to Gocheesu's Sazandora, who was sweeping me until I jump kicked him in the face. I believe he is definitely NOT Bottom Tier. He is not in the same league as the steamrolled pokemon Maggyo.
Lower-Mid or Mid Tier

And that's it. :)

^ I completely agree with Kojondo. I got my Kojofu just before the Sekka City Gym (in the patch of grass next to the gym) and trained it a bit at the rain route below the city. In a few levels it was able to OHKO all of the 7th gym's Pokemon. Its also useful against the Dark Elite four member and Sazandra. Mine evolved right around the 8th gym.

You can catch level 37 Kojofuu in the wild in doubles grass, so it doesn't need EXP to do well against the Sekka Gym.

However, at that point nearly every Pokemon that you have does well against the gym (and Team Plasma right afterwards). It's not exactly a unique accomplishment. Also, level 50 is really late for evolution - chances are you won't have level 50 Pokemon by the time you reach the E4, and it's doubtful that you'll have level 50 Pokemon by the last N battle. Requiring avoidable trainer battles to level up is not a point in a Pokemon's favor.

I agree that it can go up a tier due to not being completely useless.

Just to re-iterate, Doryuuzu is the best Pokemon in the game. The Swords Dance set (provided you find a Moguryu with good Spe and Atk IVs) absolutely PWNS everything as long as you're no less than 2 levels behind any Pokemon. For the Elite 4, my Doryuuzu swept all 4, all I had to do was switch between X-Scissor or Shadow Claw for the 4th move, which are both TMs. As long as you're at lvl. 48 you can set up one Swords Dance and sweep all of them with his good coverage :D

However, at that point nearly every Pokemon that you have does well against the gym (and Team Plasma right afterwards). It's not exactly a unique accomplishment. Also, level 50 is really late for evolution - chances are you won't have level 50 Pokemon by the time you reach the E4, and it's doubtful that you'll have level 50 Pokemon by the last N battle. Requiring avoidable trainer battles to level up is not a point in a Pokemon's favor.
That's highly debatable. If you maximize use of the Lucky Egg and the awesome experience available by even wild pokemon it's rather easy to have Pokemon at those levels. Hell, my entire team of six were at least level 50 by Victory Road.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
That's highly debatable. If you maximize use of the Lucky Egg and the awesome experience available by even wild pokemon it's rather easy to have Pokemon at those levels. Hell, my entire team of six were at least level 50 by Victory Road.
I struggled to evolve an Ononokusu before I reached the Elite 4. In fact, it took 2 Rare Candies. The rest of my team was not quite at Level 50, in fact around 46-48.

50 is possible, but that's a long ass time to leave it in its first form, and from the looks of everything it loses steam pretty quickly. 85 Attack and Regeneration certainly isn't bad, but 65 base Speed and the piss poor defenses don't help much. I'm willing to bump him up, like everyone said, a tier tops.
Hm, unfortunately I didn't have a chance to try him out. But, yeah, I might be willing to raise him a bit. STAB Aqua Jet is at least helpful, and he has the physical defense to be useful. Curse or Shell Break increases his usefulness, and all he needs to use Shell Break on is a Pokemon that attacks him on the physical side. Sure, if there's anything negative about it, I'm still all ears. Then again both Curse and Shell Break are rather late. Hm. >_>;
I've heard too much negativity about it. Might need more input if this thing is going to rise. Some people think I'm even being too nice with it.
41 is a pretty late evolution, to be honest, much like Rankurusu's, though Rankurusu's also have access to Prevo Stone to buff their defense (which is pretty good) and hits like a truck by Stage 2 (which it reaches by 32). That's Mid Tier.

I guess after all the hype with Shandera... I might concede with it going to Mid, but I want to hear more input. Since I even put Kibago in there, and I have some doubts about it being that high up since it's not very defensive and it really needs Swords Dance to kill things in one hit with Dragon Claw. And its evolution is just as late... hm... maybe I could lower Kibago instead, but let's hear what everyone has to say with those two.
<_<;

Um... er...

What the fuck does it do?
Zuruzuggin
Hm.

My issue is primarily that it's slow. Much like Roobushin, in comparison. The thing is Roobushin can be available as soon as Level 25 (remember, I'm talking about Transfer Roobushin). Not to mention its Attack stat is significantly better. Compare this to Zuruzuggin, who evolves at Level 39. That's about the 7th Gym too. It doesn't hit like Aaken does either, which makes its life worse.

It doesn't do hot in the 3rd Gym, 4th Gym it gets hurt pretty badly by Aerial Ace, 5th Gym it's good, and the 6th Gym is just ugh for it. Then it does good in the 7th and "meh" at the 8th. It's great for the E4 I admit since it pulverizes three E4 members... though it has to embrace hits from some of the Pokemon and Zuruzugin, while bulky, can only withstand so much. But it's definitely not a bad choice for the E4.

Much like Denchura, which I viewed as Upper Mid due to its late join time and pretty bleak moments in the beginning, it has its definite ups. Though putting it in the same tier as Roobushin might be a bit difficult for me to buy, and I'm saying this modestly. And they're both in the same tier at this time.
Shikijaka
Yeah I might be able to buy a tier down. Might as well.

If I went post E4, what would probably be tiered differently? Let me roll this ball out.

You can catch level 37 Kojofuu in the wild in doubles grass, so it doesn't need EXP to do well against the Sekka Gym.
Actually, you cannot access the doubles grass until you defeat the ice gym.

I struggled to evolve an Ononokusu before I reached the Elite 4. In fact, it took 2 Rare Candies. The rest of my team was not quite at Level 50, in fact around 46-48.
That may be because he has such an slow experience gain. My pokemon were level 50-52 by the time I hit the Elite 4, and I never grinded on wild Tabunne. But I did fight every trainer I found, even the avoidable ones, and abused the lucky egg on every pokemon so maybe that's it.

If I went post E4, what would probably be tiered differently? Let me roll this ball out.
I would expect Urgamoth to be top-tier.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Urgamoth comes at Level 1 by the end of the 6th Gym and evolves at Level 59...

...Hell no that it's Top Tier

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I just wanted to chime in about the EXP / levels discussion. I've played through about seven times now and each time my team has been almost exactly level 50. Assuming you aren't using a team of six slow EXP growth Pokemon, level 50 should be the norm.

In response to the current Urugamosu discussion, the tier list is essentially based on pre-E4 / E4 gameplay. You can use anything you want post-E4 because you aren't required to complete the story to progress.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
Lv. 70 Ulgamoth isn't top tier post game?
Not exactly. It still has poor availability beyond belief, but I guess I didn't realize you could catch one at Level 70.

Hm, might see it Neutral though. I mean, yeah, it's still pretty badass. Might just be better to keep it out of Post E4 if only because things get really hectic after it >_<;

If we go post-game...

I'd move Ulgamoth to Top/Neutral, yeah. It's a room away from where you arrest a Sage; not out of the way at all. Comes at a stupidly high level.

I imagine that if you can be bothered to catch it, Torneros/Boltoros are fantastic...

Good news, everyone!

Tornelos and Boltlos, the version-exclusive roaming legendaries, are in fact available pre- Elite 4! They come very late, but they are obtainable before the Elite 4. After Prof Araragi gives you the Master Ball, when you go into the northern gatehouse in Souryuu City (Dragon-type Gym) onto Route 10, the attendant in the Gatehouse mentions Route 7. If you go there, you'll see Tornelos(Black) or Boltlos(White) run off. From there, they roam.

However good they may be once you get them, I'd put the two in Low Tier due to the fact that trying to find them is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. No dex to help you, no Poketch map to show you their location, nothing. The sheer difficulty of finding them makes it almost worthless to try.

Just thought I'd let everyone know, so they can be tiered properly

They're not all that hard to find tbh; they only appear in the lower routes in the morning and higher routes in the afternoon (IIRC; it is divided by time though). Plus it's extremely blatant when they're in the area.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Good news, everyone!

Tornelos and Boltlos, the version-exclusive roaming legendaries, are in fact available pre- Elite 4! They come very late, but they are obtainable before the Elite 4. After Prof Araragi gives you the Master Ball, when you go into the northern gatehouse in Souryuu City (Dragon-type Gym) onto Route 10, the attendant in the Gatehouse mentions Route 7. If you go there, you'll see Tornelos(Black) or Boltlos(White) run off. From there, they roam.

However good they may be once you get them, I'd put the two in Low Tier due to the fact that trying to find them is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. No dex to help you, no Poketch map to show you their location, nothing. The sheer difficulty of finding them makes it almost worthless to try.

Just thought I'd let everyone know, so they can be tiered properly
Not really. You just have to go into one of those inter-route gates and read the, huh, billboard? You know, whatever thing has Japanese gibberish being shown. It will usually (always?) say there's heavy rain or something like that in a certain route. Then you go to the route, SUDDEN RAIN, use Repel (or not, your call), walk a bit, and you're done. Sometimes they leave the route, but then sometimes you just leave and return to the route and the heavy rain will start once again.

And I think Borutorosu's official romanization is actually Voltolos !__!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)