Fantasy Basketball 2010

Ok we have 9 players, so there are still a few spots open! I pm'ed two players that participated last year, so hopefully I will hear from them soon. Unfortunately there are some people who I don't know who they are on Smogon, so you know who participated last year and still hasn't posted here then let them know!

Also, for those already in the league, you will notice I have been messing with the settings a bit. I was able to set keeper players for those that sent me their keepers. However, the way it works is that when I set keeper players I have to then manually set the draft order. This is where I need you guys to tell me what you think about how to set draft order. I can manually randomize it, or set it to a specific order. What do you guys think?

There is room for two more, but I need confirmation of a 2nd person joining because otherwise we would have an uneven number of players and we won't be able to draft.

Also, I have gotten a request to change the draft time to two to three hours later. I will not change the draft time unless everyone is ok with the change, so again, let me know!

I would definitely go along with that, 4:00pm Sunday for me is very iffy right now.

Its tough though with conflicting schedules AND time zones.

There is room for two more, but I need confirmation of a 2nd person joining because otherwise we would have an uneven number of players and we won't be able to draft.

Also, I have gotten a request to change the draft time to two to three hours later. I will not change the draft time unless everyone is ok with the change, so again, let me know!
how about like four to five hours later?

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
What the hell, why was Huy's draft time changed with no warning or discussion? And to the exact same time as Mizuno's draft? Yeah Mizuno, I guess you better change it now...

My main concern is guys like The_Chaser and Stallion who have a really big time zone difference compared to us. I already know The_Chaser can't make it, so lets see what Stallion says and I will then decide

EDIT: Ugh, Yahoo already locked up Sunday, so if you guys want me to change the time the best I could so is sometime Monday afternoon/night...

EDIT 2:: After midnight tonight I will make all keeper picks final and then set the random draft order and keeper players. Just a FYI.

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
yeah both drafts at the same time make monday best for me. evening or later please!

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hmmm...my availability is probably worse then Chaser's due to my university obligations. What time were you thinking of changing it to specifically on the Monday? If you post a provisional time here asap I'll let you know the closest available time for me, and hopefully that will work for the greatest portion of players!

Ok draft time changed to Monday, October 25 at 8:30 PM AST (-4 GMT) for now, at least until Stallion replies and lets me know if that is ok!

Also, I have randomized the draft order using random.org, and here are the results:

There were 10 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. Men of Destiny
2. Islanders
3. The Step Dads
4. The Piñas
5. Cheesers
6. Ballin Bobby Fisher
7. Chris Kamenyour Face
8. Kate Beckinsale
9. Mavericks
10. Everest

Timestamp: 2010-10-24 02:16:26 UTC

The draft is snaking format. Those with keeper players please go the Draft Central section and then under Draft Results verify that I correctly assigned the keeper players.

Do note that if we get one more player, along with Diesel, to join then I will randomize the order again. Just wanted to post this early to make sure I am assigning the correct keeper players.

Now Mizuno, I don't know if you're aware of this but in keeper leagues, Players lose a certain draft pick depending on the player they choose to keep.

I.E. if your keeper player was projected to be in the first round, you lose a first round pick. If projected to be in the 7th then you lose a 7th round pick etc.

If every keeper player has 3 players they should lose 3 draft picks to compensate.

Im guessing you already have all of this set?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Motherfuckers giving me the last draft pick >.<...ahh well keepers are <3 so it doesn't impact me like it would in a regular season! 11:30 PM Tuesday...I'll have to miss a few classes but its not at some ridiculous time so that suits me!

EDIT: My keepers are correct Mizuno

Now Mizuno, I don't know if you're aware of this but in keeper leagues, Players lose a certain draft pick depending on the player they choose to keep.

I.E. if your keeper player was projected to be in the first round, you lose a first round pick. If projected to be in the 7th then you lose a 7th round pick etc.

If every keeper player has 3 players they should lose 3 draft picks to compensate.

Im guessing you already have all of this set?
Yes and no. That is why I was asking earlier how you guys wanted to preceed with this. Right now I have that for every player you keep, you give up the earliest round possible (e.g. if I keep three players, no matter their projections, I lose the first 3 rounds). I thought about doing it the way you are saying, but since this is the way we agreed to do it last year and nobody has had any complaints then I kept it that way. We still have time to change it though, so if people prefer the method you mention then I will happily change it.

Also don't forget this is the first time we do keepers, so we are still learning about it. The rules from season to season could change a bit as we get more familiar with the system.

Looks like I'm too late for this. Forgot to subscribe to this topic. Doh.

edit: Any secondary leagues open? I'll join.
There is still room for one more, so if you and Diesel join we will have a 12-man league. If you want to join the league let me know and I will send you the info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)