A team (My first OU RMT)

Hello, this is my OU team. It's mostly offence, with a little stopper here and there. I made this team to have fun in battles (...lol). Anyway, here it is!

Team at a glance:

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252hp/252atk/4hp
Nature: Adamant
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Bullet Punch
-Explosion

This pokemon is my lead, with great offence and great defence, it has the ability to set-up stealth rock, put a dent in the other team, and maybe be a suicide lead. It usually sets up stealth rock and plows on from there. Or, the occasional switch if match-ups are not favorable (usually after the Stealth Rock). Occa Berry allows it to tank a fire move. It could have been Shuca but my team has quite a few immunities to earth.

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252spe/252spAtk/4def
Nature: Timid
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball

A wall breaker I guess. Does what all Pain Splitters do, so you know the drill. Besides that, he can still pack a punch with STAB Shadow Ball and Focus Blast (though it is inaccurate D:) Used him twice so far, he's been great even though I haven't used the Pain Split + Substitute much (...), anyway hes great.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252atk/252spe/4def
Nature: Jolly
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch

My power house Lucario. Does what every sweeper does: Swords Dance -> then sweep away! First three slots are pretty standard, but the fourth slot, Ice punch, is put there to put a stop to some dragons.. If I can land a hit before an Earthquake. Or, its usually an Extreme Speed that is used against a dragon. But other than that, Ice Punch does make a nasty surprise for those Dragon Dancing dragons such as Dragonite, who usually don't know if I have an ice move.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252spe/100atk/152spD
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Spore
- Substitute

Breloom, the status absorber. Got the Toxic orb + Poison Heal to block status problems. Breloom also has ground, grass, water and electricity as taken 0.5X damage. With his Seed Bomb, it'll take care of the bulky waters (Swampert especially), so yeah, its all good with this pokemon. Spore + Focus Punch + Substitute = :D. Used him twice so far, KOed quite a few.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252hp/4def/252spe
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic

My wall breaker Gliscor. Hes got the Taunt and the Toxic to stop those setting up, and of course Roost to heal up. Gliscor's attack move (second slot) was a tough choice. It was either a Stab powered Earthquake, or a no Stab Fire Fang. Earthquake for stab, although it won't surprise anyone, it'll still pack a punch over previous choice Fire Fang which I originally got to scare/take out some Scizors and Forretress. Other than that, standard wall-breaker.

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252hp/4def/252spe
Nature: Timid
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

My funny old spinning Starmie. Hes .. kind of messed up I guess. Its just there to Rapid Spin therefore, that Choice Scarf guarantees it to spin away some traps (Yes I'm scared of Jolteons). Other than that, He'll always go first unless the other pokemon used Dragon Dance or something, or Choice Scarfed Aerodactyl/Jolteon/Electrode/Ninjask which I don't know if people even use Choice scarf on those >_>. Great coverage aswell, though his defences make me cry sometimes. Overall good pokemon.

The team is fairing quite well, losing to some un-timely crits. Though I've only used it 5 times (3 wins, 2 losses ^_^). All these pokemon are doing their jobs, and so far, a Tyranitar is giving me a little problem.

-Record improved to, in 7 matches, 5 wins , 2 losses. Nothing really bad that needs to be fixed, but thats just me looking at the team and the two battles with the two updated pokemon on my team (Breloom + Gengar). Thanks for rating!

-Hope I did this right-

Anyway, thanks for rating!

-EDITS will be in BOLD :)

*Source*
**Right Click Images -> copy link location to see where Images came from** (Used Google to find them)

hello cortez your team is ok but i think it could use some work but im here to help (from what i read this is a wifi team, correct me if im wrong and ill keep that in mind)

That gengar doesnt look good... sash will almost always get broken on switch in. I would recommend subsplit gar for general annoyance and killing the stall teams (which would wreck you otherwise, even with taunt/toxic glis).

Gengar 252speed 252 spattk 4def
substitute
pain split
focus blast (I know its accuracy sucks but a fighting move is needed)
shadow ball

That version of gyara is not good for this team... i would recommend a bulky gyarados I dont know the evs off the top of my head but their in smogon under bulky gyara... I would go with stone edge waterfall ddance and taunt for further messing up stall

I would go with crunch over ice punch on luke but its up to you

Scarf starmie is pretty cool but your moves are not good... I would go with a scarf tran or change your moves to hydro pump trick ice beam and thunderbolt... heres the tran set if your interested...

Heatran naive 252speed 252 spattk 4hp
fire blast/flamethrower/overheat
earth power
explosion
hp electric/dragon pulse/hp grass

Finally I would go with equake over fire fang as stall would have a field day against the weak fire fang being thrown at it.

Good Luck

First, I agree with johnnyg2 that your Gliscor should run EQ over Fire Fang.
Ok, now....Having two water types on a team is not good. As Starmie is a great spinner, I'd replace Gyarados with a Specially Defensive SubPunch Breloom. It beats a lot of bulky waters that your team has trouble with, and is also an amazing status absorber.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Spd/100 Atk/152 Spdef
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb
-Spore
-Substitute

Hope this helps and good luck!

Thanks for the feedback guys :D

Johnnyg2- That Gengar looks nice.. Yeah I'll switch to that. But I would like to keep the Starmie as it is for Rapid spin though :P

Smashlloyd20- Yeah, I might aswell switch that Gyarados for Breloom.

Anyway, would a Scizor and Forretress be problems to my team without that Fire Fang Gliscor?

**Edits in bold on team**

Not really a rate (don't have time, and the important stuff is already covered), but Gliscor's Taunt counters Forry, and so long as you play intelligently, Scizor isn't really a problem (it's actually Gyarados set-up fodder). That was just my opinion on how EQ>Fire Fang on Gliscor.

Have a nice day

Quick rate:

-Lum>Occa. Besides the rare infernape, occa doesn't win over too much. Some heatran carry specs or life orb, which OHKOs regardless. Lum beats roserade, machamp, smeargle, ect.

-Subsplit gar needs life orb. The less HP gengar has, the more it drains from the opponent. Plus, it gives many 2HKOs.

-Crunch>Ice punch. Almost every gliscor is faster than luke these days. Crunch can beat bold rotom. Bullet punch can beat gengar and scarftar. Stone edge beats gyarados and dnite with one move. Ice punch doesn't beat too much.

Quick rate:

-Lum>Occa. Besides the rare infernape, occa doesn't win over too much. Some heatran carry specs or life orb, which OHKOs regardless. Lum beats roserade, machamp, smeargle, ect.

-Subsplit gar needs life orb. The less HP gengar has, the more it drains from the opponent. Plus, it gives many 2HKOs.

-Crunch>Ice punch. Almost every gliscor is faster than luke these days. Crunch can beat bold rotom. Bullet punch can beat gengar and scarftar. Stone edge beats gyarados and dnite with one move. Ice punch doesn't beat too much.
Hm.. You are right in what you said about the Lum berry, Life Orb and Crunch. But I'd still use Ice Punch though, for the sake of the people that I usually battle (HG/SS players usually don't have rotoms..) , a lot of dragons too :P

Hm.. You are right in what you said about the Lum berry, Life Orb and Crunch. But I'd still use Ice Punch though, for the sake of the people that I usually battle (HG/SS players usually don't have rotoms..) , a lot of dragons too :P
Still useful against Dusknoir, Cress, and Celebi. Trust me your not hitting anything useful with Ice Punch since a neutral CC does more than a x2 Ice Punch. That or use Bullet Punch to get the jump on Gengar and ScarfTar. Lastly I would suggest using an Adamant nature on Luke. Without it you miss out on alot of OHKO's and since you say Rotom isn't a problem even more reason. Only use Jolly if you have Spikes support to make up for the loss of damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)