Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno if this has been tested yet, and it's not particularly important...

Do Tail Glow/Cotton Guard have a different message as far as the stat-raise than +2 stat-raising move? As in, the latter say "[Poke]'s [stat] sharply rose!". Do TG/CG say the same thing, or is it a different adverb/whatever?

(16:01:47) hidden-twc: (15:52:29) MysticalDL: ummm Midnight , I tried that in a Jap versionm, and game deleted SR from my Gen 4 Bronzong
(16:01:47) hidden-twc: (15:53:19) MysticalDL: game wont let pokemon at all keep moves they cant learn in gen 5, from other games

(16:13:18) MysticalDL: well hidden all I am going by is when I tried to transfer a gen 4 Bronzong with Stealth Rock to team in Gen 5
(16:13:22) Jonsterz: i just... killed a pikachu with my bare hands :|
(16:13:23) MysticalDL: it didnt have SR on him
(16:13:28) faildag: my jirachi failed to flinch 4 times in a row a few games ago
(16:13:30) MysticalDL: after transfer

Is it confirmed that Pokemon with TMs, HMs, and Move Tutor moves from previous generations can have them in 5th gen when transferred? Such as Stealth Rock on Bronzong?

I'm pretty sure it's only decided once we have official English names for the locations in B/W, but I suspect it might be called Dream World like the IRC channel.

When I tried to breed my DW Nidoran F with a american Ditto I didn't get any babies with the DW ability. Were I just really unlucky (I have hatched like 6 eggs) or do I have to use a DW Nidoran M as well? :/

Just unlucky as far as I can tell, and that's what the data suggests. Hatching some more may do the trick, or try using a Japanese Ditto/Pokémon from the Ground Egg Group.

When I tried to breed my DW Nidoran F with a american Ditto I didn't get any babies with the DW ability. Were I just really unlucky (I have hatched like 6 eggs) or do I have to use a DW Nidoran M as well? :/
I read somewhere that Ditto won't let you pass DW abilities, as the male or female (I couldn't find the source I wanted, but http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3009910&postcount=170 seems to suggest it too). Try breeding with something other than a Ditto.

Are characteristics a factor in determining IV's in B/W? And if so, can someone point me in the direction of kanji for them? I've tried other threads on here but they only help with items, nature, abilities, and attacks.

Scenario:

Rotom-W uses Shadow Ball against T-Tar, who is holding Red Card, T-Tar is slower and uses Pursuit. Would Pursuit trigger before the switch and boost-up in power?

Question about Cloud Nine; does it actually cancel the weather (as in, return it to normal) or does it simply nullify it as long as the C9 Pokemon is in (like, if Lickilicky switches in on DrizzleToed, does rain resume after Lickilicky switches out, or does it stop until it's brought back up again)?

Does Technician affect moves that hit multiple times? For example, if Chillaccino uses Sweep Slap (2-5 hits w/ 25 power each) does technician bonus on all of them, or only apply a bonus if there are less than two hits (ie. base power falls below 60)?

Does Technician affect moves that hit multiple times? For example, if Chillaccino uses Sweep Slap (2-5 hits w/ 25 power each) does technician bonus on all of them, or only apply a bonus if there are less than two hits (ie. base power falls below 60)?
Yes it affects all of them just like Ambipoms double hit last gen

Does the GTS evolution glitch work in BW? The one where you put a (trade-evolvable) Pokemon up for trade, then trade using someone else's offer, then take back your original Pokemon and it evolves?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I'm checking to see if the IVs are generated the same way for all the different "kinds" of pokemon in B/W (stationary, wild, sweet scent, roaming, gift, etc). I keep hearing about "hihidaruma statues in the desert that have the daruma mode ability" but every time I walk up to them and check them it just gives a puzzled response. Am I misreading what has been said about them or can you really check them and encounter a hihidaruma? Do you have to fulfill something in order to encounter them? I'm only just past Gym 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)