Conkeldurr

I think Careful with no Attack EVs is overcompensating a little.
lol a little? Things like BulkyGyara and Dusknoir will laugh at you. And Specs Latios/Shandera/Espeon will likely OHKO you anyway.

Adamant and Brave are the only natures it should run. Roopushin is nasty on and against Trick Room teams.

Adamant 40/216 always survives Shandera's +0 Overheat.

Good to know. I don't recall my EV spread atm but I think I had like 200 something attack then at least 100 in HP and SpD each.

Specs Latios I can see, but you really aren't like to meet Spec Shandera or Espeon, unless people start making pokemon specifically to counter Roopushin. Specs Gengar is possible too, as I sometimes use one.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Max SpAtk Shandera's +0 Overheat does:
82-95% to 252/0 Machamp (316-367 of 384 HP)
93-110% to 252/0 Roobushin (387-456 of 414 HP)Max SpAtk Shandera's +0 Overheat

So if Machamp can survive, the spread I suggested can also work:
Figured out a solid EV spread thanks to X-Act's Defensive applet. 120 HP | 252 Atk | 136 SpD. This gives Rohpushin maximized attack while making it more defensive than Machamp and "slightly" inferior on the Special Defense side vs. Machamp. To compare them:

Rohpushin: 381 HP | 417 Atk | 226 Def | 200 SpD
Machamp: 384 HP | 394 Atk | 196 Def | 206 SpD

If you want to match Machamp's Atk and invest more in Special Defense, you can take up to 80 more EVs out of Attack. Yeah, that's how much more room Rohpushin has to buff his Special Defense problem! It requires 12 EVs to tie HP, then 24 to tie SpD. So you can run with a grand total of:

132 HP | 220 Atk | 160 SpD

Rohpushin will still have +14 Atk over Machamp, but of course it's just recommended to use 120 | 252 | 136 as suggested with an Adamant nature.
Though I've heard people just use 252 SpD (which does kind of make sense) followed with 252 Atk Adamant, and I guess Charlemagne's spread isn't bad either.

Good to know. I don't recall my EV spread atm but I think I had like 200 something attack then at least 100 in HP and SpD each.

Specs Latios I can see, but you really aren't like to meet Spec Shandera or Espeon, unless people start making pokemon specifically to counter Roopushin. Specs Gengar is possible too, as I sometimes use one.
Despite Tyranitar, Spec Espeon is completely viable, as it can support without even using any support moves. Max HP Specs Shandera would not surprise me at all, especially once it gets Shadow Tag. Only Flash Fire Pokemon wouldn't mind switching into that Overheat.

Though I've heard people just use 252 SpD (which does kind of make sense) followed with 252 Atk Adamant, and I guess Charlemagne's spread isn't bad either.
I want to find what the least amount of SpD EVs I would need with an Adamant Nature, then put enough to get my Attack at or above 400, and then the rest in HP.

I'll have to work on that later.

Max SpAtk Shandera's +0 Overheat does:
82-95% to 252/0 Machamp (316-367 of 384 HP)
93-110% to 252/0 Roobushin (387-456 of 414 HP)Max SpAtk Shandera's +0 Overheat

So if Machamp can survive, the spread I suggested can also work:

252 SpDef doesn't really let you survive much more, and after taking an Overheat from Shandera, both Roobushin and Machamp are pretty much spent. Not much left to do but get KOed (or fire a Mach Punch then get KOed in Roobushin's case; only lead Machamp uses Bullet Punch.)

I certainly wouldn't want to lower my Attack, and only the minimum to survive Shandera's Overheat is needed in SpDef for previously stated reasons. It's the strongest Special Attack you'll see outside of Ubers.

40HP 252Atk 216 SpDef is optimal.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You said that it sweeps solid teams, and has no checks outside of a powerful stab Psychic. That is false.
Once again, fabricating arguments that don't exist.
And if none of those three fillers have STAB Psychic or Air Slash, you're going to have trouble beating Roopushin. Period.
If you can't OHKO Roopushin, he can more than likely stall you out or outright kill you. Otherwise, residual damage from status is the best way to make sure he goes down. I didn't say ANYTHING about him shrugging off strong special attacks. Of course he's going to take a lot from a strong Specs attack, but if it doesn't OHKO, it's extremely likely that you'll lose your Specs user in the process.

I'd even go so far as to argue that only bad players their Roopushin stay in on something like Specs Draco Meteor without having scouted the team, but really, that's just a petty way to make a point proving how much of a threat he is. Playing experience is the only real way to prove how effective Roopushin is, and with the stuff you're posting in this thread, I don't think you have it.

A forming metagame is to a metagame as embryo is to an adult. The components are there, but in no way does it exist in any concrete manner. There are many sets on many Pokemon that have yet to be developed. Things are looking good for Roobushin, but that could change. I'll say again, the list is flawed.
Your analogy doesn't apply to strategy games, as they're both timeless and amorphous. Even in Gen 4, when the metagame became "stagnant" new sets were being discovered and used every single day. For right now, we don't need a time machine to travel to the future, and we don't need to speculate on how effective Roopushin will be later on since we don't even know what the metagame will look.

As long as you realize he's doing well right now and for better reasons than "lol Doryuuzu check", then we're good on that front.But I find it disgusting how quickly you change your tune. From "gee, I never thought of Careful" to "Careful sucks now because I said so, this spread is now optimal".

Well, tell you what. If you want to start telling me how effective my set is, join me on PO, play a good round of matches with it, then start telling me what special attacks Roopushin needs to survive. I'm pretty sure there are more things Roopushin needs to survive than an Overheat from Shandera, and furthermore, he'd like to survive those attacks with health to spare so that he can keep doing what he does best.

Bulk Up sets need to be able to survive, and pushing for so much attack power is just trying to do too much at once. If you're going to throw that many attack EVs him, you might as well ditch Drain Punch and go for something stronger like Hammer Arm. At the very least, there should be a clear distinction between an offensive Bulk Up set and a defensive one.

Question my experience all you like. So Roobushin generally can't be 2HKOed? Another laughable claim. That makes me doubt your experience.

There are several Pokemon that can force Roobushin out. Desukan is the definitive Roobushin counter. Roobushin literally has to switch out and lose it's boosts, regardless of whether it has Iron Fist or Guts. Only shaky, low PP Stone Edge can save it from being Mummied. Rankurus has a similar effect, OHKOing your Careful Roobushin with MaxSpAtk LO Psychic. The list goes on.

Pokemon isn't a strategy game. Fire Emblem is a strategy game, (with an epic theme song). Nitpicks aside, adults change too you know. Just a lot less than embryos do. Not many adults keep their umbilical cords attached.

Who are you to dictate what we discuss?

Gee, I didn't realize how pathetic Careful Roobushin's offense is. I didn't realize how it is still OHKOed by boosted Special Attacks. I didn't realize that it is total Gyarados bait.

I don't want to sound like a cop-out, but I don't really do online simulators.

If you're trying to survive Deoxys' Psycho Boost, quit now. Shandera's Overheat is the most powerful survivable non-uber unboosted special attack you'll see. Careful 252HP/252SpeDef Roobushin survives with Shandera's Overheat with 39-27% HP remaining. Not many offensive Pokemon have trouble doing that much damage to Roobushn, and please don't say "Hippowdon", hopefully few opponents are thick enough to switch in a slow wall on a <40% HP Roobushin. It should really switch out to Tyranitar against most non Focus Blast special attacks. Special Defense really only benefits it against Shadow Tag Shandera, which doesn't exist yet, which is why I run 252HP 252 Attack.

I already stated how unreliable Drain Punch is. It isn't really fast enough to guarantee recovery. SubPunch, the set I use, is much more devastating.

SJCrew

lol Gyarados bait. After he gets one Bulk Up, you might as well not bother trying to dent him with physical attacks not named Brave Bird. If you're really worried about Mence or Gyara, you can run Stone Edge over Payback. You don't have to sacrifice your ability to beat Shandera or Gengar and Mence and Gyara are now less threatening.

Gliscor would be a bitch to beat though, I'd just switch right out unless I were running Hammer Arm.

Roobushin is not exactly threatening to a Flying type after an Intimidate, even moreso if it has no Attack investment. After you Bulk Up, Bulky Gyarados will Taunt you and DD, or Roar you away, not to mention STAB SE Bounce. Salamance will immediately DD, and 2HKO you with LO Outrage (65-77%).

Stone Edge is your only hope of denting either. +0 Stone Edge from no investment Roobushin does 53-66% to Bulky Gyarados. It does 70-82% to 0/0 Salamence. Not impressive. If you didn't Bulk Up on or prior to the switch, you're in even worse shape. If you didn't run Stone Edge, you're screwed. If Stone Edge misses, you're screwed.

You say "if you're worried about Salamence and Gyarados" as though they are uncommon.

Note that with no attack investment a Roobushin's +0 Stone Edge maxes at 65% against 0/0 Gengar. +1 Stone Edge cannot guarantee a KO, even with SR. Read: without SR +1 Stone Edge will never OHKO 0/0 Gengar. Do you honestly not see how lol that is?

Anyway, Stone Edge does seem to do a lot for Roobushin that Payback doesn't, what with protecting it from Desukan and fighting off Flyers. Rankurus doesn't give a damn about Payback anyway. Too bad it doesn't have No Guard. :p

Stone Edge has been my third attack of choice on the Bulk Up/Drain Punch/Mach Punch set. The frail ghosts like Gengar and Shandera can't take it after a Bulk Up with my EVs, and it doesn't fear Desukan or Burunkeru with Guts anyway. Then of course there are the flying types that resist your punch attacks.

Stone Edge's PP and accuracy are it's only flaws, really. Not being able to OHKO Gengar at +0 sucks too.

Even with Stone Edge, a smart Desukan player will Haze first and won't WoW you unless you use Payback. Max Attack Roobushin deals a max of 26% to Relaxed Max HP/Def Desukan with shaky accuracy +0 Stone Edge, while a Desukaan with no SpAtk investment does up to 29% to Adamant Max SpDef Roobushin with an 100% accuracy attack that has a 30% chance of lowering the target's SpDef. Protect will also eat up Stone Edge's PP. Roobushin is really best off switching out of Desukan.

Roobushin should also immediately switch out from Rankurus.

The +0 is kind of a moot point because you never switch into Gengar and your first move is always going to be Bulk Up. The only reason you'd throw Stone Edge at +0 is if you KNOW the opponent has Shanderaa and it going to switch it into you. Otherwise I Bulk Up 2-3 times against Desukan (only 2 if they burn me) and then Stone Edge is more than capable. I've never seen a Haze Desukan yet, but they would be smart to carry it.

The +0 is kind of a moot point because you never switch into Gengar and your first move is always going to be Bulk Up. The only reason you'd throw Stone Edge at +0 is if you KNOW the opponent has Shanderaa and it going to switch it into you. Otherwise I Bulk Up 2-3 times against Desukan (only 2 if they burn me) and then Stone Edge is more than capable. I've never seen a Haze Desukan yet, but they would be smart to carry it.
Drain Punching the first turn can be very tempting in many situations. Especially if you're worried that the opponent's (faster) Pokemon can 2HKO you despite Bulk Up. and you can 2HKO with Drain Punch + Mach Punch. Bulking Up us usually the best option though, so I agree that Gengar shouldn't be a huge problem.

Like I said, I don't play online sims, but Haze seems to be common on BW Random Wifi. Nasty Plot is a gimmick because it's attacking movepool is shitty. Psychic and Grass Knot are so weak coming off 95meh base SpAtk. Haze + WoW + Protect/Rest + Shadow Ball/Night Shade is easily it's best set. The bane of all Guts Pokemon. It can even check Doryuzu. Mummy is not to be underestimated.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Stone Edge is your only hope of denting either. +0 Stone Edge from no investment Roobushin does 53-66% to Bulky Gyarados. It does 70-82% to 0/0 Salamence.
You realize the latter situation is often a OHKO with Stealth Rock in play, correct? Not that I'd keep Roobushin, or any Fighting-type, in on Salamence unless I was certain it was Dragon Dance and not MixMence. With Gyarados, 252 HP / 0 Def Roobushin takes 20.5% - 24.6% from +0 Waterfall. If it even attempts to Taunt, it could run the risk of being put in a terrible position, so at worst you just prevent it from gaining more Attack, at the cost of possibly your own Gyarados if you so decide to risk it. If it's the max Attack Roobushin like everyone else is using, Gyarados is taking 74.1% - 87.6%. Not exactly favorable odds to be quite honest.

SJCrew

That "optimal" EV spread yielded a very disappointing test run last night. I used to be able to set up on stuff like Burungeru and Vaporeon around the clock, but then I found them doing like 30-40% every hit. So now I set up on less and take more damage just to revenge with a stronger Mach Punch? Where's the merit in that? Also, call me crazy, but I haven't seen too many Gyarados or Salamence trying to switch in on Roopushin. Like, not at all, ever. I guess most players realize they're going to lose their Gyarados/Mence that way?

Maybe you guys (or just Champagne) don't see Roopushin as a top threat because you're so used to him falling to every special attack in the book. The max/max Careful spread really is the best he can run on a Bulk Up set, especially with status being absolutely everywhere, turning him into a complete monster with just one turn of setup. At least he's not like Rhyperior, who can't do stuff like this because he's WEAK to every special attack in the book.

You realize the latter situation is often a OHKO with Stealth Rock in play, correct? Not that I'd keep Roobushin, or any Fighting-type, in on Salamence unless I was certain it was Dragon Dance and not MixMence. With Gyarados, 252 HP / 0 Def Roobushin takes 20.5% - 24.6% from +0 Waterfall. If it even attempts to Taunt, it could run the risk of being put in a terrible position, so at worst you just prevent it from gaining more Attack, at the cost of possibly your own Gyarados if you so decide to risk it. If it's the max Attack Roobushin like everyone else is using, Gyarados is taking 74.1% - 87.6%. Not exactly favorable odds to be quite honest.
Of course I realize that. I thought I stated it.

I was making a case against using a no attack investment Roobushin, especially with Payback over Stone Edge. Roobushin needs Stone Edge to deal with many Flying threats, so I can't see how Payback would be more effective (remember my Fighting+Rock>Fighting+Dark comment?) Gyarados would have it's way with a Roobushin with no Stone Edge, as would Salamence.

Gyarados's Taunt also stops it from boosting it's Defense. Bounce would do more than twice the damage of Waterfall, while wasting Roobushin's Stone Edges and recovering with Leftovers.

Note that Careful Roobushin is not my idea. No one (but apparently SJCrew) would run Roobushin with no attack investment.

Anyway, Drain Punch Roobushin is best used in Trick Room, where it can reliably recover HP. Roobushin is a mean fucker in TR, arguably at it's best.

That "optimal" EV spread yielded a very disappointing test run last night. I used to be able to set up on stuff like Burungeru and Vaporeon around the clock, but then I found them doing like 30-40% every hit. So now I set up on less and take more damage just to revenge with a stronger Mach Punch? Where's the merit in that? Also, call me crazy, but I haven't seen too many Gyarados or Salamence trying to switch in on Roopushin. Like, not at all, ever. I guess most players realize they're going to lose their Gyarados/Mence that way?

Maybe you guys (or just Champagne) don't see Roopushin as a top threat because you're so used to him falling to every special attack in the book. The max/max Careful spread really is the best he can run on a Bulk Up set, especially with status being absolutely everywhere, turning him into a complete monster with just one turn of setup. At least he's not like Rhyperior, who can't do stuff like this because he's WEAK to every special attack in the book.
I somehow doubt that you actually tested it, but let's pretend that you did.

361 HP and 216 SpDef doesn't fall to many non STAB SE Special Attacks.
Minimum SpAtk Berungeru does 23%-27% to 216 SpDef Adamant Roobushin with Shadow Ball. Don't see why you can't set up on that.

It does 17% - 20% to Careful 252/252 Roobushin. +2 Stone Edge (632 Attack) does 42-50% to Bold 252/252 Burungeru (not sure that's the best spread), who can stall you out with Recover. I don't see where the lack of power is worth it.

In Rhyperior's defense, it can take Special Attacks pretty well in a SS with Solid Rock. It needs a Careful nature more than Roobushin does, and it still doesn't use one.

Edit: lol Champagne? That's a nice name too, I guess.

Keep in mind that you are making a case against a set you have never used with theories not substantiated in practice. This "I don't do simulators" crap isn't going to stack up as an argument vs. people who are actually using the sets you're debunking and experiencing some degree of success with them.

I really shouldn't even be bothering with you at this point, but there are other people reading this thread and the thought that someone might actually take your posts seriously makes me sick to my stomach. Stop wasting time and just test the damn thing, it's not that hard.
Relax man. You are raging. I just think the Careful nature is suboptimal. Perhaps I went overboard by saying "lol Careful sucks."

My opinion shouldn't be that important to you. If Careful Roobushin works best for Bulk Up sets (I doubt it does), it will despite my opinion. Others happen to agree that it is overcompensating.

Anyway, with some SpDef investment, Roobushin is one hell of a tank. I think we can agree to that.

Edit: What happened to your post dude?

that stuff is largly based on speed. you should proberbly put speed and special attack on the same level to avoid false outcomes.

SJCrew

What happened to your post dude?
lol smogon staff. What else?

My opinion shouldn't be that important to you. If Careful Roobushin works best for Bulk Up sets (I doubt it does), it will despite my opinion. Others happen to agree that it is overcompensating.
Your opinion is really not important at all, but if you're going to tell me that a set's not working, you need to be able to back it up. Dodging my queries, acting smug about said opinion in every subsequent post then telling everyone what it should run instead without having tested other options...yeah not gonna fly.

EDIT: You post way too fast, dude.

Your opinion is really not important at all, but if you're going to tell me that a set's not working, you need to be able to back it up. Dodging my queries, acting smug about said opinion in every subsequent post then telling everyone what it should run instead without having tested other options...yeah not gonna fly.
I don't mean to sound smug. Well maybe a little sometimes, but generally only in response. I also try not to dodge questions. Are there any you'd like answered?

I don't have to tell everyone to max Roobushin's Attack. They do it anyway. No one really gives a fuck about what I say; they'll run what works best.

Max Attack has a lot more immediate power than no Attack investment, and Stone Edge really is much more useful than Payback. These are my opinions that happen to coincide with popular ones.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
*Facepalm*. Bounce Gyarados. I'll respond to SJCrew's deleted post as well.
I somehow doubt that you actually tested it, but let's pretend that you did.
He obviously took the time to test this out a bit, and I can attest to it:
That "optimal" EV spread yielded a very disappointing test run last night. I used to be able to set up on stuff like Burungeru and Vaporeon around the clock, but then I found them doing like 30-40% every hit.
252 HP / 252 Careful Roobushin vs. 0 SpA Boiling Water from Vaporeon - 21.3% - 25.4%

Seems semi-accurate if you ask me, considering Boiling Water is popular on many Bulky Water's.
Also, call me crazy, but I haven't seen too many Gyarados or Salamence trying to switch in on Roopushin. Like, not at all, ever. I guess most players realize they're going to lose their Gyarados/Mence that way?
I've rarely seen Gyarados come in on the first place, and the only time I'd adamantly switch Gyarados into Roobushin is for the "revenge" when someone was knocked out. The point of that Bulk Up + Stone Edge can take down Gyarados, or leave it very weakened, is too much of a threat to consider. With Salamence, you want it to take as minimal damage as possible when you're setting up Dragon Dance or just going for the Mixed. It doesn't matter if your name is Machamp or Nageki: you're not staying in on Salamence either way because Draco Meteor unresisted fucking hurts.

Seems like the pot calling the black kettle, so to speak.
361 HP and 216 SpDef doesn't fall to many non STAB SE Special Attacks.
Minimum SpAtk Berungeru does 23%-27% to 216 SpDef Adamant Roobushin with Shadow Ball. Don't see why you can't set up on that.
Why is Berungeru going to use Shadow Ball on Roobushin? Unless it expects another Berungeru switch-in, it's going to use Surf or Boiling Water; the latter to inflict a Burn on Roobushin. The Careful nature helps Roobushin set up easier on the minimal Special Attack Pokemon. That's primarily the main thing SJCrew is arguing. Setting up on Rankurusu, for example, is obviously a hopeless cause.
It does 17% - 20% to Careful 252/252 Roobushin. +2 Stone Edge (632 Attack) does 42-50% to Bold 252/252 Burungeru (not sure that's the best spread), who can stall you out with Recover. I don't see where the lack of power is worth it.
Why stop at +2? Not to mention; there's always the crit chance or Berungeru has to risk the threat of a Payback, which is obviously going to do more against it. Then, if it's Guts instead of Iron Fist, and in case Berungeru burns Roobushin, it's going to suffer even more damage in the process. While Roobushin is going to lose 6% health every turn, and may eventually die, you're sitting against a Pokemon that has +2 Attack AND a Guts Boost. Now your response has to be something like Gengar or Latias, and if any of those Pokemon were picked off previously with Tyranitar, your team can be put in trouble. Drain Punch is a 2HKO on Skarmory while Brave Bird does 27.5% - 32.4%. To calculate it out, Roobushin loses 114 - 134, while Skarmory loses 186 - 219. It's not quite full health restored, but it keeps Roobushin going. Skarmory loses about 28 HP, then 41 HP from Stealth Rock. To conclude on that, Skarmory's left with 79 HP. Max. Unless it's naive to run Leftovers. Mach Punch can clear Skarmory by doing 100 damage.

Of course, much like yourself, I'm talking a situational theory, but it is relevant because of physical walls that normally step into take on Roobushin. If you're adamant enough to leave your bulky Water in on Roobushin and spam Boiling Water, you're in for a world of hurt. If it's Vaporeon or Swampert, Roobushin is just going for the Drain Punch after it gets its +1. If it's Berungeru, it better be able to prepare itself for situations that it has Payback.

Guts vs. Iron Fist also occurs, but you see my point.
Gyarados's Taunt also stops it from boosting it's Defense. Bounce would do more than twice the damage of Waterfall, while wasting Roobushin's Stone Edges and recovering with Leftovers.
If you Taunt a +0 Roobushin, Gyarados loses about 75% of its health. That's a very dangerous situation to put yourself under.

Bounce Gyarados is also ineffective. While you may force Roobushin out, I could simply switch in a Steel-type to take the Bounce (especially since it's coming from a Bulky Gyarados, which means piss weak damage) and just sit against you. Handling Bounce from a +0 Gyarados isn't difficult, and the absolute worst threat is the chance of paralysis.
Note that Careful Roobushin is not my idea. No one (but apparently SJCrew) would run Roobushin with no attack investment.
I disagree. Slightly. There are different merits with both of them. The Adamant Roobushin's advantage is that it's easier to make it useful as a check for Doryuuzu and making it offensively a threat at +1. Careful Roobushin's advantage is that it takes advantage of bulky Water-types. 0 SpA Suicune can't 3HKO Roobushin at +1. +2 Bulk Up Drain Punch can 2HKO Suicune with Stealth Rock and Sandstorm in play.
Maybe you guys (or just Champagne) don't see Roopushin as a top threat because you're so used to him falling to every special attack in the book. The max/max Careful spread really is the best he can run on a Bulk Up set, especially with status being absolutely everywhere, turning him into a complete monster with just one turn of setup.
Roobushin is a threat. To argue that he is a top threat might be pushing it a little, as I can agree with him on that premise.

I can concede that at the time being on Pokemon Online, most teams are physical based. This makes Bulk Up Roobushin easy to set up. However, when it comes to massive special threats, Roobushin does have to run (unless it's like Sazandora, in which case "lol" at it). This can be a problem under some circumstances where it's mid game and you're trying to set up Roobushin, or if their late game sweeper consists of a heavy special attacker. Think Rankurusu here, who is perhaps the biggest nightmare of late game. Trick Room makes it the fastest Pokemon: only Nattorei can logically be faster than it, and its bulk allows it to set it up with relative ease. Psychic / Focus Blast / Shadow Ball annihilates just about everything in the book with Stealth Rock layed down, and Life Orb's lack of recoil and no taking of Sandstream damage is significant. It all comes down to what the opponent also uses in the team to be frankly honest, but I don't see how this would make Roobushin worse than, say, Machamp for example like j7r says. Even if you run Guts on Machamp, now you're forced to use... Cross Chop. That's pretty bad.
Keep in mind that you are making a case against a set you have never used with theories not substantiated in practice. This "I don't do simulators" crap isn't going to stack up as an argument vs. people who are actually using the sets you're debunking and experiencing some degree of success with them.
WiFi is also competitive. Call it a straw man that I'm saying it, but you also pointed to the simulator ordeal, which isn't much better of a situation to make arguments for either, at least for the current time being. Sometimes, the WiFi environment is also different from the simulator environment due to explicit breeding conditions and event limitations, etc. It doesn't drastically change the playing field, but it makes a difference on what is or isn't on a team.

EDIT:
Your opinion is really not important at all,
This is poor sportsmanship. Since at least he has used the Pokemon, and theorymon is by no means "illegal" nor "wrong" whatsoever, he is perfectly entitled to his opinion, much like yourself. Sorry to drag this off-topic, but I could also say your opinion back how QC works can just be ignored and I couldn't care about it whatsoever, but given that I am an open minded person with opinions, no matter how ridiculous some of them are, I listen to them with an open mind. It seems you need to learn how to do so, even if you are arguing against him.

What he's saying is that, at a glance, Careful Roobushin doesn't look effective, and I can somewhat agree with him. You lower your Attack to take bulky Waters better, but you also lose the immediate power that you can have. Doryuuzu isn't OHKOed by +0 Mach Punch, but at the same time max Attack requires less Life Orb recoil from Doryuuzu than Careful does in return. It's called a trade-off.

That's about all I can bear for now.

^Burungeru doesn't really want Roobushin burned, though, and unless I'm mistaken it uses Will-o-Wisp for that purpose. Roobushin is one of the best Guts Pokemon in the game. It really eclipses Iron Fist.

Roar and Bounce aside, I must admit that Gyarados isn't the best Roobushin check, due to Stone Edge. Most sets that I have seen, paradoxically, run Payback, and lose that matchup. Gyarados and Salamence are just examples I chose to explain why Roobushin shouldn't tank through a whole team.

You argument is sound, and reiterates my assertion that Roobushin isn't a one Pokemon team.

Edit: I'd just like to point out that Adamant Machamp with Max HP and Special Defense has better Special Bulk (251SpDef vs 269) than Careful Roobushin and more Attack (316 vs 325) to boot. Machamp could probably still afford to invest in Attack without losing too much. Add Rest and Bulk Up, and it's a more reliable Bulk Upper than Roobushin, really lacking only Mach Punch. Dynamic Punch is as devastating as ever, and Stone Edge covers fliers. Now that's hard to beat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)