Nuzlocke Challenge

Look! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's exactly what nobody wanted! It's a NEW NUZLOCKE STORY!

Let it begin...

Pokemon: Fire Red!
Character name: Falcon!
Rival Name: Goroh!
Starter: Pico, the Bulbasaur!

This is my second run with these parameters, as Goroh's Charmander crit haxed me to death the first battle. It was AWESOME.
I murdered some rattata! I wished I had running shoes! I caught A mankey on route 2 becasue I'm ULTRA LUCKY! I named him Monk Lock! Why monk lock? Well, let me ask you... What would you put in a monk lock?

Caught a ratatta on route 2! Decided to kill the metapod I found in the forest for exp. Got monk lock up two levels in one go! Totally worth it.

Heh. "What would you put in a monk lock?"

After The violet city victory, I headed over to azalea town. And guess who was there as well. Team Rocket. Kurt ran after them, but hurt his back, so he told me to. Araina and Scout senergicly owned them. I tried to question them where my pokemon are, but they fled. So I challenged Bugsy. Vengance Destroyed him. Yang challenged me, but Ariana destroyed most his team, and poisoned Crocanaw (which lead to the defeating of said Crocanaw). But I made a mistake, while versing a trainer outside of Goldenrod, I forgot Maril can learn rollout. It hit Ariana for Quad-Effective, and killed her.
Soon after, I caught Inception, the Drowzee, and Scout and Flappy both evolved. I am currently training to beat Whitney.

My team:

Vengance, the Quilava Lv. 19
-Tackle
-Leer
-Smoke Screen
-Ember

Sout, the Furret Lv. 19
-Quick Attack
-Cut
-Fury Swipes
-Thunder Punch (I forgot it isn't physical yet)

Flappy, the Pidgeotto Lv. 18
-Tackle
-Sand Attack
-Quick Attack
-Gust

Inception, the Drowzee Lv. 18
-Disable
-Hypnosis
-Confusion
-Headbutt

At Day-Care:
Aqua Man, the Magicarp

Mordor, the Togipi

Graveyard:
Ariana, the Butterfree Lv. 4-15

Hey guys..im just signed up to smogon so i havn't had the chance to look through all the fourms but i was wondering if any of you had heard of a speed challenge. It's basiclly when you start a new game and try to complete it as fast as you can. The one rule is that you can only have three pokemon in your party. Im posting this here because i thought it might be the best fourm to let it be heard
That rule is not true at all. I've done that speed challange in Blue, Crystal, Ruby, and Plat all in a row, and all of them ended with 6 pokemon on the team.

Personally, I'm partial to Snorlax's rules. Only 6 pokemon allowed, not counting the dead... makes you CHOOSE THINGS.

Also, need a name for a Torkoal. It will go aside Guzzlar the Swalot and Vuvuzellas the Volbeat to BEAT HOENN UP IN SAPPHIRE ZOMGWTFBBQ

@Mattman324: If I had to take a Torkoal, I'd name it Smokey. Either that or WallaceSux.

Also, haven't had time to continue my FireRed Nuzlocke yet. When I get time, I'll get back on it.

dont you think BW nuzlocke need to have time limit too ?
you can abuse sport hall over and over otherwise !!
And if you go to dessert chance are you'll be getting 2 out of 4 powerful pokemon
that isnt rare.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Posting to say that I am RESTARTING my last HG run. Anyway Same starter (Totadile) and hopefully everything pans out. Also since it was about three months ago I got a decent plot now so it should not be hugely boring.

I blasted out of my dreams when a bucket of water was thrown over me.

"Rise and Shine" a gleeful voice shouted and I gave a small groan. "its October 22nd and guess what, its your 15th Birthday!" the voice continued. By now I had realized who this person was. Victoria had a nasal voice and after listening it for well over 10 years I could pretty much recognize her voice the moment she opened her fat mouth.

Anyway I opened my eyes and looked around, hoping for a change of scenery. No such luck, most kids my age would have a bedroom and family, decent food etc etc. Not me. Instead I lived in a cell, being punished for something my dad had done long ago. I had been living here since I was 5 years old. The prison had to avoid overcrowding and thus had devised a challenge to every child that managed to survive till 15.

Basically the child left the prison with a starter pokemon and then battled trainers. Of course they had to beat the Gym Leaders, 8 men or women of exceptional skill who would attempt to prevent you from completing the Challenge. Put simply the rules of the challenge were simple. You could only catch the first unique pokemon from each route, nicknames had to be given to all pokemon and if a pokemon that lost battled were killed. Healing items were also fully restricted till you had all 8 badges. If you ran out of pokemon then the necklace detonated and well....you died. All for the amusement of the viewers.

Each participant had an necklace around their necks which was filled with C4 which would be remotely detonated if a participant broke the rules. The necklace also defined them as participants of the challenge. Word had it that a similar challenge was carried out in the Kanto region and that there had been a winner about 3 years ago. Nobody had yet won it in Johto. Of course the Gym Leaders were also bound by the golden rule that if a pokemon lost it died, it encouraged them to battle harder when facing participants. Other trainers were just that, normal trainers and thus if they lost pokemon then they could catch another. They always added a rival in these challenges as well. Usually some kid who hated you and would pop up at inconvenient times to make the chances of you winning the challenge even harder. Also every challenge had to have a name, a name to inspire fear. Thus the Challenge was named the Nuzlocke challenge although no-one really remembers why that name was chosen.

I stumbled out of bed ignoring the dig at my ribs from Victoria, I had felt worse pain. Victoria dragged me down a corridor where I would get my starter pokemon and be "released". The starter pokemon varied. Mostly you could pick one pokemon from 3 but the pokemon themselves changed. One kid had been given a Luvdisk and set the record for the fastest time to fail the challenge. The kid in kanto, rumored to have won it, had started with a Pikachu apparently, whatever worked for him I guess.

We turned a corner, a door beckoned. Victoria opened the door, and shoved me in a chair. I wondered how many people had been sitting in this chair before me and faced the same choices that I am and then decided that I did not really want to know. I took the quick opportunity to look around and spotted an old man dragging a suitcase. It was Elm which was a good sign. Elm was usually fair in distributing pokemon so hopefully I would get a decent selection.

Elm did not waste time with small talk as he opened the case and told me that Totodile (water), Chikorita (grass) and Cyndaquil (fire) were my options for the challenge. I picked Totodile and named it Sobek since Sobek was god of crocodiles in Egypt. "I will take that one", a voice said behind me. I turned and saw Matt step through the door. I should point out here that Matt and I had been enemies for, like ever. He was a nasty sort of work and he would tease me about my name (Storm) about how weird it was. It looked like Matt would be my rival and he had picked the grass type Chikorita which would trump my water starter. I ignored him. I did not want to do this challenge but I had no real choice. I was shoved out the door of the facility and felt warm sunshine fall onto my face. A digital countdown started, in moments it hit zero and I ran off, trying to get away from Matt so that I could find some time to train and perhaps gain an advantage for our battle. I streaked off, zig zagging between trees leaving that horrible place far behind.

After a brief rest I moved on and started training Sobek. In no time he had gotten to Level 9 and I was feeling confident. I was almost at Cherrygrove city when I heard a shout. Matt was running toward me his face set and ready. Chikorita faced off against my Sobek. Despite having a type disadvantage Sobek had the upper hand as it was 4 levels higher than its opponent. It was dispatched quickly and Matt fled, running toward a pokemon center to heal his pokemon. After buying a few Poke Balls I made my way to Violet City catching a Bellsprout (Bells) which I traded for an Onix (Rocky). I also got a Geodude (Dude) from the cave just before Violet City and recieved an egg from some Primo guy as a gift. Gift pokemon were allowed in this challenge but you could not get multiple gift Pokemon from the same person. The egg hatched into a Slugma which I called Flare. I meet Matt in the Sprout Tower after Flare had blasted through the opposing trainers. However Matt did not challenge me, instead leaving the tower using an escape rope. I picked up a Rattat (Naw) and left after him.

After clearing out the Spout Tower I decided that I could not pt it off any longer and entered the Gym. About half the participants lost here so I was very nervious.

His underlings were no trouble and in no time at all Falkner and I faced off.

I sent out Flare which promptly KO'ed Pidgey in one hit with Ember after taking a light Tackle in return. Falkner sent out his powerhouse a Pidgeotto and I sent out Sobek. Sobek was faster and we traded blows. I landed a few bites and in return Sobek got hit by a few Gusts. still I was certain of victory until Pidgeotto glowed and then healed itself back to full health. Falkner smirked and I realised that it was this move that had screwed over the many challengers before me. With roost it could stall out my entire team. Thinking fast I brought Flare in on the predicted Roost and then off a Smog. The attack connected and smoke surrounded Pidgeotto. Falkner countered with a Gust but while the Pidgeotto was disorientated I nailed an Ember. When the Smog cleared Pidgeotto seemed to have a purple Aura around it and I realized that it was poisoned. Flare was able to survive another Gust and was able to finish off Pidgeotto with another Ember (with the help of poison). Somehow I had managed to be victorious!

I left the Gym in high spirits and caught a Hopip (Pip) and a Sandshrew (Bounce) in Union Cave. I entered Azalea Town and discovered that a group had returned after 3 years. I wondered if that had anything to do with that kid in Kanto but ignored it. The group called themselves Team Rocket but I was not paying much attention to what they were saying. Sobek evolved into Croconaw and Falre mopped them up. I encountered no pokemon in the Slowpoke Cave but caught a Zubat (RBG) in the patch of grass just outside it. I then decided to try my luck at beating Bugsy. Bugsy lead off with Scyther while I had Flare leading, where it liked to be. Flare managed a lucky burn off an Ember which enraged Bugsy as it had crippled Scyther. I then finished it with a Rock Throw from Flare and then swept the rest of his team with Ember. 2 Badges down and I was pretty happy. I was about to enter the Forest when Matt appeared and challenged me. Sobek and Flare finished off his team and Matt left, frustrated that he was unable to take down any of my pokemon. I entered Ilex Forest and added a Oddish (Rose) to my collection before detouring back headbutting trees in areas where I had not encountered pokemon. I found nothing until out came a Pineco. I quick glance told me it was Level 6 and knew Self Destruct. Perfect I thought to myself. I could run but that would mean no pokemon for the Route. I could lower its health but that would mean possiable losing my pokemon if it blew up. I thought fas tand decided that i had to take the Risk. I threw a Great Ball and hoped to hell I could catch it at full heath. I held my breath.... and the ball stopped moving, my gamble had paid off and I had a well developed team. I decided to walk back to Azalea Town and then tackle the Forrest the next day.

My Team

Sobek (M) (Croconaw)
Lv 21
Naive
-Water Gun
-Headbutt
-Ice Fang
-Bite

Flare (M) (Slugma)
Lv 19
Quiet
-Ember
-Smog
-Yawn
-Rock Throw

RBG (M) (Zubat)
Lv 17
Impish
-Wing Attack
-Bite
-Astonish
-Leech Life

Rose (F) (Oddish)
Lv 15
Rash
-Absorb
-Cut
-Stun Spore
-Acid

Shrapnel (M) (Pineco)
Lv 12
Serious
-Tackle
-Take Down
-Selfdestruct
-Bug Bite

Cryo

Naw (Rattata)
Rocky (Onix)
Dude (Geodude)
Pip (Hopip)
Bounce (Sandshrew)
Egg (togepi egg) (not hatched)

Dead

NONE!

(lets keep it that way!)

EDIT

Lazy Buggers don't post.

I entered Goldenrod in the early hours of the Morning. A Saturday, I hastened to the Bug Catching Contest just past the city so I could get a pokemon asap. I rushed into the Grass and found..... A Venonat. Granted it was Level 15 so according to the rules of the vontest I caught it and waited for the winners results. Turns out that catching a pokemon at full health gets big points because I received a Sun Stone as a reward for winning the Bug Catching contest. I named Venonat Moonbeam and found that it had Tinted Lens so, bonus!

Anyway I also caught the Nidoran twins and then went into high intensity training. I knew that Whitney would be a formidable force and I wanted my team to be prepared. RBG evolved into Golbat and then Crobat as a result of this training. Rose also evolved into a Gloom. After an quite frankly extreme period of training I challenged Whitney to a battle.

Hoping to gain crucial momentum early I sent out Sobek to face off against Clefairy. Headbutt made short work of it and I was pleased that Sobek had made it out of the encounter unharmed. To my surprise Whitney did not look worried and sent our her last, a Miltank. I sent out my second strongest pokemon, RBG. I felt that with its superior speed then I should be able to outmatch Whitney. RBG shrugged off a Stomp and used Confuse Ray using up Miltanks Lum Berry. RBG got attracted but it managed to snap out of it enough to launch a second confuse ray. Not wanted to take chances with a 50% chance of attacking I switched in Flare. It was here that things started to go wrong. Miltank nailed a Crit Stomp that left Flare on a bare 11 health. However it was able to nail a Yawn. Since any attack would kill Flare I sent in Sobek and came in on a Rollout which it was able to shrug off. Miltank fell asleep and after whaling on it with Sobek victory looked to be mine...until Whistney used a Super Potion. I was frustrated. With Milk Drink and her Super Potions Miltank could stall out my attacks and let the 50% chance of not attacking via attract take its toll. Seen after Sobek got Attracted and I sent in my only female pokemon, Rose. Rose got hammered .Whitney successfully nailed 5 Stomps in a row and flinching Rose with every strike. Desperate I tried to attack again, Rose survived the next Stomp with 7 health left and nailed a Stun Spore, paralysing Miltank. I could feel the tide starting to turn so I sent in RBG who nailed a confuse ray. Combined with confuse Ray and paralysis Miltank was unable get a turn to attack as I hammered it with attack after attack giving it time to only heal. Eventualy the statistics paid off and Miltank failed to attack one turn letting RBG KO it with a Wing attack granting me the Plain Badge.

< Morty's' battle will be coming >

Here's a very technical interpretation of the two basic Nuzlocke rules:

Rule 1: If a Pokemon faints, it is considered as dead and cannot be used again in battle.

"Faints" means that the message "[-----] fainted" appears on screen. I can't think of a single instance where it is possible to faint without that message appearing. A fainted Pokemon can still be used for HM use, because fainted Pokemon can still use HMs out of battle.

Rule 2: Use in battle only a Pokemon with the same set of data values as the first ____ Pokemon you see in an area.

"Seeing" a Pokemon technically only means seeing its sprite on the opponent's side in a wild battle. Very common variations are changing it to "the first Pokemon whose data would be added to a blank Pokedex" or adding "the first Pokemon whose data replaces blank data in a party slot or box slot".
The first statement allows unlimited gift Pokemon including breeding eggs, fossils, and trades. This is pretty much never used but technically is allowed.
The second statement counts eggs where they hatch, counts fossils where they are revived, and counts in-game trades twice in both areas. It allows near-unlimited breeding eggs and one out-of-game trade.
The third statement counts eggs where they are received, counts fossils where they are revived, and counts trades as the originally caught Pokemon. It allows one breeding egg. I think this is the most common out of all three.
I don't see how anyone should count fossils where they are received instead of revived. After all, you received an item there, not a Pokemon. The Pokemon was received at the revival location.

The blank in the Rule 2 statement is there for variant rules. Usually the blank is filled with "non-duplicate", "male/female", "[-----] Type" (for monotype Nuzlockes), and so on.
The "use in battle" statement allows to catch any number of Pokemon for HM use or to get the National Dex in FR/LG.
Because of complications involving Roar/Whirlwind or having the rest of your team faint, "illegal" Pokemon must be fainted before a Trainer battle.
The "set of data values" refers mainly to species, level, IVs, and personality value (in Gen III+). This allows you to flee from a roaming legendary on [Area X] and still catch it again on [Area X]. You could also encounter it again on [Area Y] and catch it, but then you wouldn't be able to get anything from [Area X]. Technically you could catch more than one Pokemon in an area with this rule, but good luck landing on that 1 in several hundred thousand (Gen I/II) or several billion (in Gen III+) chance of doing so. (The "set of data values" also refers to other unrelated stuff like ID number, moveset, and EVs, but those are always the same if the others are the same so they don't matter.)

An area is defined as this:
- Maps are divided into two categories: indoor and outdoor.
- A map is a set of tiles that can be passed through without using a warp. Different floors of caves are different maps, different houses in a town are different maps, and so on.
- Two indoor maps are the same area if it is possible to go between the two maps using a standard warp without the background music changing. A standard warp is a tile within a map that, when stepped on, changes the map. Examples of "non-standard" warps are Escape Ropes, Teleport, Fly, etc.
- Technically there is only one outdoor map (the entire region). Two outdoor locations are different areas if the map equipment in-game gives them different names.

Any comments?

I have successfully traversed some of the open seas in Episode 50, and with only the loss of two Pokemon right now.

Team
Blaziken [Lv.44]
Manectric [Lv.41]
Hariyama [Lv.42]
Altaria [Lv.41]
Linoone [Lv.41]

Deceased
Mightyena [Lv.29]
Absol [Lv.45]

Scout outclassed and out skilled all of Whitney's cronies. It was almost too easy. But Whitney was a different story. It had an annoying Clefary, but Milktank was the challenge. Scout died fighting it, and the rest of my team struggled to destroy it. At least Scout is with her best friend, Ariana. I watered the odd tree, and I was able to capture it. I had forgotten about Sprout tower and headed there and captured Zombie, the Gastly.

I was incredibly lucky against Morty. Hypnosis missed four times, and the one time it hit, I used my one Mint Berry. Vengance was able to wear it down with ember. I headed to Olivine, but a rouge sailor challenged me. I underestimated him, and Flappy paid the price. Three deaths already.

I needed a surf user, so I reintroduced Aqua Man, now as a full grown Gyrados. I trained for a while, then challenged Chuck, the Chuck Norris wanna-be. Zombie and Inception easily defeated him.

I gave the "special medicine" to Jasmine's amphrodos (she didn't even use it in the battle). Vengance finaly learned a fire move other than Ember, and used his Flame Wheel to destroy Jasmine's Magnimites. For Steelix, I used Aqua Man, the new Gyrados. Surf 2-HKO-ed the Steelix.

I heard a rumor about Lake of Rage, so I decided to check it out. I caught Red Gyrados, but I like Aqua Man better, so I boxed the red one. I also ran into my old enemy, Lance, the Blastoise killer. He asked me to destroy Team Rocket. I thought it over, I hated Lance, but I loathed Team Rocket. I decided once I finished Team Rocket and got my Kanto Pokemon, I would kill Lance with a combination of my Kanto and Johto Pokemon.

I plowed through Team Rocket with flame wheel, and Vangance evolved fighting Pryce's cronies.

I am currently catching up the rest of my pokemon to Vengance before I beat Pryce.

Vengance, the Typhlosion Lv. 36
-Flame Wheel
-Thunder Punch
-Quick Attack
-Smoke Screen

Queen Bee, the Beedrill Lv. 31
Hold Item: Poison Barb
-Twinneedle
-Fury Cutter
-Cut
-Poison Sting

Inception, the Hypno Lv. 31
-Confusion
-Hypnosis
-Headbutt
-Thunder Punch

Zombie, the Haunter Lv.31
-Shadow ball
-Spite
-Lick
-Mean Look

Rock Star, the Suedowoodo Lv.31
-Rock Slide
-Mimic
-Flail
-Low Kick

Aqua Man, the Gyrados Lv.31
-Surf
-Strength
-Dragon Rage
-Bite

Grave Yard:
Ariana, the Butterfree Lv.4-15

Scout, the Furret Lv. 3-21

Flappy, the Pidgeotto Lv. 4-22

I'm going to do this challenge on platinum. Update soon.

Rules -
1. If a pokemon dies, it must be released or kept in the "dead" box.
2. You may only catch the first pokemon you see in each route.
3. Nicknames must be used.
4. Items may not be used, and "set" must be used.

Part 1 Attempt 1 - The beginning.
- Named player Arctic
- Named rival Rival
- went through a long ass cutscene
- chose Red, the chimchar
- beat Rival's piplup with 3 hp left, stupid Growl.
- Received running shoes
- Another long cutscene
- Found bidoof at route 201, no pokeballs
- arrived at Sandgem Town

Part 2 Attempt 1 - Stupid Cutscenes, and route 202!
- Got pokedex, TM27 Return
- Jumped over ledges to mom
- Got Journal
- Got Parcel
- Red -> lvl 7, learned Ember
- Fought a couple more bidoofs on the way to Sandgem, arrived with 12 HP.
- More cutscenes, I'm not going to count the bidoof because technically DAWN found it, not me.
- Found a Shinx, caught, named it Yellow.
- Fought Youngster -> Red -> lvl 8
- Fought Lass -> Red -> lvl 9, Learned Taunt
- Fought Youngster #2
- Red -> lvl 10
- Arrived in Jubilife City

Part 3 Attempt 1 - Jubilife City
- Got Vs. Recorder
- Found potion back at route 202
- Delivered parcel to Rival
- Got Town map
- Found X Attack in Trainer's School
- Fought School Kids
- Got poketch after an annoying cutscene
- Got Old Rod
- Went onto Route 218, got X Accuracy
- Caught magikarp using Old Rod, named it Blue

That'll be all for now, I've gotta do my Chemistry lab, be back in a while.

Part 4 Attempt 1 - Roaming around
- Beat Rival at route 203
- Found and Caught bidoof at route 204
- Fought Lass - Blue -> lvl 5
- Fought Youngster
- Fought lass #2 - Blue -> lvl 6

Part 5 Attempt 1 - Off to the first gym!
- Fought Youngster
- Caught Starly, named it Grey
- Found pokeball, yay!
- Fought Youngster #2
- Fought Youngster #3 - Blue -> lvl 7
- Annoyingly, Machop critted Red with his low kick, so I had to go back to the pokemon center right now, with Red only having like, 3 HP left.
- Fought Lass - Red -> lvl 13
- Got Rock Smash HM from Hiker
- Fought Picnicker, starly and shinx both critted red back down to ~5 HP again. Ugh.
- Fought Zubat - Blue -> lvl 8
- Fought Picknicker #2 - Red -> lvl 14 -> EVOLVED TO MONFERNO! WOOT! Mach punch ftw!
- Arrived in Oreburgh.

Part 6 Attempt 1 - Oreburgh Mine + Gym
- Long cutscene
- Healed in pokemon center
- Went down to oreburgh mine, caught onix. Wasted 2 pokeballs >:( Nicknamed Malphite, hope some of you understand it :D
- Found pokeball :D
- Fought Worker
- Talked to gym leader, he goes back to gym
- Fought Worker #2 - Blue -> lvl 9

Hey, guys. I've doing a Nuzlocke run of Firered. I started last week with some of my friends after reading parts of this thread, I just never posted.

I just beat Pokemon Tower, caught Snorlax, and got to Fuchsia City, but I've yet to beat Sabrina and Silph Co. (I'm doing that after I go through the Safari Zone).

The rules I've been using:
-If a Pokemon faints, it's dead. Dead = Released
-You are limited to catching the first Pokemon in a route that you see, even if it's a duplicate.
-Nicknames. 'Nuff said.
-Only Pokeballs. None of that Great or Ultra Ball nonsense.
-No healing outside of battle. Only in-battle and at Centers.
-Battle style = Set

Team:
Dodongo (Charizard) Lv. 39 Gentle
Squall (Nidoking) Lv. 32 Hardy
Houdini (Alakazam) Lv. 34 Quiet
Pascal (Vaporeon) Lv. 29 Quiet
Balthasar (Snorlax) Lv. 30 Serious
Previously Blitz (See edit...) Now filled by Vincent (Hitmonlee) Lv. 25 Quirky

DEAD:
-Raff (Gloom) Lv. 27
Killed by the Cubone's mother after it refused to stay asleep
-Rattata (Very early on in the run. Forgot to name it, then it died in its first battle. Always name your Pokemon)
-Blitz (Electrode) Lv. 30
Killed by a Rocket Grunt's Weezing with a SelfDestruct in Silph Co. minutes before this edit...

This is actually my very first Nuzlocke run, so I didn't want to make a fan-fic or anything in case I failed. Afterwards, I'm planning on doing a series of either comics or a fan-fic (haven't decided). I'll keep updates from here on out on this thread.

EDIT:
Blitz... died...
Stupid Weezing... SelfDestruct... I didn't mean to switch you in... I'm so sorry ;~;

I quickly headed to the radio tower to stop team rocket. Queen Bee was destroying the grunts, until Weezing used Self Destruct. Why must all of my Beedrill die? My rival (YANG) challenged me, and quickly lost.

After the executives were defeated, I headed over to Pryce. Rock Star rock slided his piloswine, while Inception barraged his water-ice pokemon with thunder punch.

While in ice cave, I caught DrgnSlayer, and honed his skills in the lake of rage. Finally, someone to destroy Lance.

Team:
Vengance, the Typhlosion Lv. 38
Hold Item: Amulet Coin
-Smoke Screen
-Quick Attack
-Flame Wheel
-Thunder Punch

Inception, the Hypno Lv. 34
-Confusion
-Thunder Punch
-Hypnosis
-Nightmare

Zombie, the Haunter Lv. 34
-Shadow Ball
-Confuse Ray
-Spite
-Mean Look

Rock Star, the Seudowoodo Lv.34
Hold Item: Bitter Berry
-Mimic
-Flail
-Low Kick
-Rock Slide

Aqua Man, the Gyrados Lv. 34
-Bite
-Surf
-Dragon Rage
-Strength

DrgnSlayer, the Piloswine Lv.33
Hold Item: Never Melt Ice
-Fury Attack
-Endure
-Mud Slap
-Powder Snow

Grave Yard
-Ariana, the Butterfree Lv. 4-15

-Scout, the Furret Lv. 3-21

-Flappy, the Pidgeotto Lv. 4-21

-Queen Bee, the Beedrill Lv.12-33

My Nuzlocke of HG came to a tragic end against the Lance/Clair double battle, the one you fight with your rival. It really was stupid going into it with nothing higher than Level 60, but I gave it a go anyway.

It started out okay, with Clair's Dragonair biting the dust getting slowly killed by my Rival's Feraligatr's Ice Fang whilst I let Gyarados DD up. Unfortunately, Lance's Gyarados did the same thing and managed to not only paralyze my Gyarados, but also land some incredibly powerful hits on it. Lance's Gyara died with my own Gyarados being at around 50% health and being paralyzed. I used a Full Heal on it and continued the rape against Charizard, but when Lance's Dragonite came out and Ice Fang missed, it really was game over. It didn't take long for Lance to destroy the rest of my team (which mostly consisted of fairly frail stuff like Espeon and Typhlosion) with his Dragonite, Clair backing him up all the way who was destroying my rival with her own Dragonite. Technically I could've carried on, but it would involve grinding crap like Level 15 Flaafys and Sentrets to Level 60 to make some sort of bizarre comeback team.

So yeah, after that I decided to give Yellow a go. I'm currently at Sabrina about to rape her with Jolteon and Starmie. I haven't had many tragic deaths, although it hurt to see Pikachu die so early and I lost about 3 Pokemon in friggin' Diglett's Cave - crits are so common in RBY.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ugh that sucks Diamond.

doing my HG Nuzlocke atm and beat the E4 (still need to update the Morty battle here though)

Will update mine soon anyway

This was going to be a major post, detailing a bunch of information about the end of my Nuzlocke, but my browser crashed, and I'm too lazy to repost it. So here's a summary.

Only three Pokémon died in Kanto: Sheldon the Magnezone, Caddyshack the Dugtrio, and Stefonz the Victreebel. I reached Red with Pearl the Mamoswine, Cthulhu the Tentacruel, Eli the Tangrowth, RumbleROAR the Arcanine (and if you get the joke, you are awesome), as well as both Elite Four veterans: Cappy the Umbreon and Florence the Togekiss. Posted in the spoiler is the transcript of the final battle.

I omitted hail damage.

Pokémon Trainer Red would like to battle!
Pokémon Trainer Red sent out Pikachu!
Go, Pearl!

Pikachu used Iron Tail!
Pikachu's attack missed!
Pearl used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
Foe Pikachu fainted!
Hail continues to fall.

Pokémon Trainer Red sent out Blastoise!
Pearl, switch out, come back!
Go! Cappy!
The foe's Blastoise used Blizzard! (-80 HP)
Hail continues to fall.

The foe's Blastoise used Focus Blast! (only 74 HP)
It's super effective!
Cappy used Confuse Ray!
The foe's Blastoise became confused!
Hail continues to fall.

Used the Full Restore!
Cappy's HP was restored by 217 points.
The foe's Blastoise is confused!
The foe's Blastoise used Blizzard!
Hail continues to fall.

The foe's Blastoise is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Cappy used Faint Attack! (its at like half health)
Hail continues to fall.

Cappy used Quick Attack!
The foe's Blastoise snapped out of confusion!
The foe's Blastoise used Blizzard!
Hail continues to fall.

Used the Full Restore!
Cappy's HP was restored by 167 points.
The foe's Blastoise used Focus Blast!
It's super effective! (half hp)
Hail continues to fall.

The foe's Blastoise used Hydro Cannon!
A critical hit!
Cappy fainted! (NOOOOOOOOOOOO)
Hail continues to fall.

Just a little more! Hang in there, Eli!
The foe's Blastoise must recharge!
Eli used Power Whip!
It's super effective!
The foe's Blastoise fainted!
Hail continues to fall.

Pokémon Trainer Red send out Charizard!
Go! Cthulhu!
The foe's Charizard used Air Slash!
Hail continues to fall.

Used the Full Restore!
Cthulhu's HP was restored by 90 points.
Hail continues to fall.

Cthulhu used Hydro Pump!
It's super effective! (1. HP.)
Hail continues to fall. (STILL DOESNT DIE)

Pokémon Trainer Red used one Full Restore!
Cthluhu used Poison Jab!
Hail continues to fall.

Used the Full Restore!
Cthluhu's HP was restored by 175 points.
Hail continues to fall.

Cthulhu used Hydro Pump!
It's super effective!
The foe's Charizard fainted!
Hail continues to fall.

Pokémon Trainer Red send out Lapras!
Cthulhu, switch out, come back!
Go! Florence!
The foe's Lapras used Psychic!
Hail continues to fall.

Florence used Air Slash!
The foe's Lapras flinched!
Hail continues to fall.

Florence used Air Slash!
Hail continues to fall.

Florence used Air Slash!
Hail continues to fall.

Pokémon Trainer Red used one Full Restore!
Florence used Air Slash!
Hail continues to fall.

Used the Full Restore!
The foe's Lapras used Blizzard!
It's super effective! (like 70 hp left)
Hail continues to fall.

Florence, good! Come back!
You're in charge, Cthulhu!
It's not very effective...
Hail continues to fall.

Used the Full Restore!
Cthulhu's HP was restored by 156 points
The foe Lapras used Psychic
It's super effective! (less than half done)
Hail continues to fall.

Florence's HP was restored by 184 points.
It's super effective!
Hail continues to fall.

Used the Full Restore!
Cthulhu's HP was restored by 188 points.
It's super effective!
Hail continues to fall.

Cthulhu used Poison Jab!
It's super effective!
Hail continues to fall.

Used the Full Restore!
Cthulhu's HP was restored by 192 points.
It's super effective!
Hail continues to fall.

Cthulhu used Wring Out! (trying not to get him to full restore)
It's super effective!
Hail continues to fall.

Used the Full Restore!
Cthulhu's HP was restored by 198 points.
A critical hit!
It's super effective!
Hail continues to fall.

Used the Full Restore!
Cthulhu's HP was restored by didn't get this number points.
It's super effective!
Hail continues to fall.

Cthulhu used Wring Out!
It's super effective!
Hail continues to fall.

Cthulhu, OK! Come back!
Just a little more! Hang in there, Florence!
The foe's Lapras used Body Slam! (lolwut)
Florence became paralyzed!
Hail continues to fall.

It's super effective! (34 hp!)
Florence used Aura Sphere!
It's super effective!
The foe's Lapras fainted!
Hail continues to fall.

Pokémon Trainer Red sent out Snorlax!
Florence, switch out! Come back!
Go, Eli!
The foe's Snorlax used Blizzard! (Oh, right, that!)
It's super effective! (81 hp)
Hail continues to fall.

Used the Full Restore!
Eli's HP was restored by 222 points.
The foe's Snorlax used Blizzard!
A critical hit!
It's super effective!
Eli fainted! (NOOOOOOOOO)
Hail continues to fall.

Go! Pearl!
Pearl used Earthquake!
The foe's Snorlax used Blizzard!
Hail continues to fall.

Pearl used Earthquake!
The foe's Snorlax fainted!
Hail continues to fall.

Pokémon Trainer Red sent out Venusaur!
Pearl, switch out, come back!
Go! RumbleROAR!
The foe's Venusaur used Giga Drain!
It's not very effective...
Hail continues to fall.

RumbleROAR used Heat Wave!
It's super effective! (1 hp :D)
The foe's Venusaur used Sludge Bomb!
A critical hit! (NO!)
RumbleROAR fainted! (NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Hail continues to fall.
The foe's Venusaur fainted!

Game.

Below are the names of the honored dead, as well as the not-so-honored living, and then finally the champions. This was an awesome Nuzlocke. I'm not sure what I'll do next. If anybody even cares enough to read this, congratulations. You are awesome :D

Sally the Spearow - Level 4 - Wild Pidgey
Forty-Two the Rattata - Level 3 - Wild Pidgey
Lucy the Pidgey - Level 15 - Bugsy's Scyther
Muscle the Machop - Level 20 - Some lucky crit
Napoleon the Paras - Level 20 - Sandwich the Sudowoodo
Needle the Beedrill - Level 30 - Chuck's Primeape
Crikey the Feraligatr - Level 47 - Bruno's Machamp
Starshine the Dragonair - Level 47 - Lance's Aerodactyl
Timmy the Primeape - Level 47 - Lance's Dragonite
Sheldon the Magnezone - Level 56 - Misty's Starmie
Caddyshack the Dugtrio - Level 52 - Blaine's Magmar
Stefonz the Victreebel - Level 54 - Brock's Rhyhorn
Cappy the Umbreon - Level 85 - Red's Blastoise
Eli the Tangrowth - Level 85 - Red's Snorlax
RumbleROAR the Arcanine - Level 85 - Red's Venusaur

(in no particular order)
Alpha the Unown A - Level 7
Wingdings the Hoppip - Level 16
Lambert the Ampharos - Level 43
Noah the Slowpoke - Level 20
Sandwich the Sudowoodo - Level 43
Iocane the Koffing - Level 14
Ron the Doduo - Level 30
Seminole the Goldeen - Level 10
CatKiller the Ponyta - Level 32 (My cat died by being kicked by a horse. Yeah.)
Acronym the Crobat - Level 50
Shuckie the Shuckle - Level 21
Poseidon the Seadra - Level 40
Omegakarp the Gyarados - Level 60
Pooh the Snorlax - Level 50
DeathEater the Butterfree - Level 30
EatCake the Kingler - Level 31
Nicholas the Kricketot - Level 3
Ballin the Sentret - Level 3
Wiggles the Jigglypuff - Level 6

Pearl the Mamoswine
Level 87
Careful
- Ice Shard
- Rock Climb
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Cthulhu the Tentacruel
Level 85
Impish
- Hydro Pump
- Poison Jab
- Barrier
- Wring Out

and the MVP and team leader:

Florence the Togekiss
Level 85
Brave
- AncientPower
- Air Slash
- Extrasensory
- Aura Sphere

This seems like hard shit.

Its a good excuse for me to try the Emulator on my iPod Touch and I'll be doing it in Fire Red version.

IDK whose rules I'll use but this is fucking HARDCORE!!!

Alright, because I got hooked on the concept (and to keep this thread alive...), I'm going to try a Diamond Nuzlocke. Same rules as my HeartGold. You MIGHT get lucky and get stories from me, but since I tend to neglect a game, and then binge, I wouldn't bet on it. I will post periodic updates, though.

And good luck, waffles!

After giving up on my FireRed Nuzlocke (before Pewter City!), I decided to start one on Emerald. I let myself go back to the routes where you play through with no Poke Balls though (Routes 101, 102 and 103). >> By the way, whoever guesses what the names of my Pokemon are from gets a cookie.

RULES:

-If a Pokemon faints, release it or throw it in a DEAD box and let it rot.
-Name all your Pokemon.
-Allowed to catch duplicates.
-No using items in a battle.

Nicky2, Nincada (male), @Silk Scarf
Lv9, Modest, Compundeyes.
-Harden
-Leech Life
-Scratch
-Cut

Sorry Nicky, but I don't think I'll ever really use you much :'D

Trekkie, Makuhita (male), @Quick Claw
Lv9, Relaxed, Thick Fat.
-Sand-Attack
-Focus Energy
-Tackle

He might just sit in a box for awhile. He'll be nice for Wattson though I s'pose.

Christ.Eve, Ralts (female), @nothing
Lv10, Calm, Trace.
-Growl
-Confusion

This is mrs. ieatyourmachopsforbreakfast. :>

Rod, Grovyle (male), @Miracle Seed
Lv16, Careful, Overgrow.
-Absorb
-Fury Cutter
-Quick Attack
-Pursuit

This guy is coo'.

LucyDaSlut, Poochyena (female), @nothing
Lv7, Quirky, Run Away.
-Howl
-Tackle

Brian, Poochyena (male), @nothing
Lv8, Quiet, Run Away.
-Howl
-Tackle

Katemonstr, Whismur (female), @nothing
Lv7, Mild, Soundproof.
-Pound
-Uproar

Princeton, Magikarp (male), @nothing
Lv5, Modest, Swift Swim.
-Splash

Nicky the Poochyena (Lv5), lost to a trainer's Nincada.

After giving up on my FireRed Nuzlocke (before Pewter City!), I decided to start one on Emerald. I let myself go back to the routes where you play through with no Poke Balls though (Routes 101, 102 and 103). >> By the way, whoever guesses what the names of my Pokemon are from gets a cookie.

RULES:

-If a Pokemon faints, release it or throw it in a DEAD box and let it rot.
-Name all your Pokemon.
-Allowed to catch duplicates.
-No using items in a battle.

Brian, Poochyena (male), @nothing
Lv5, Quiet, Run Away.
-Howl
-Tackle

I don't really use this guy. >>

Christ.Eve, Ralts (female), @nothing
Lv8, Calm, Trace.
-Growl
-Confusion

This is mrs. ieatyourmachopsforbreakfast. :>

Rod, Treecko (male), @nothing
Lv13, Careful, Overgrow.
-Leer
-Absorb
-Pound
-Quick Attack

This guy is coo'.

Nicky the Poochyena (Lv5), lost to a trainer's Nincada.
Avenue Q

Gimme my damn cookie

I might some time attempt a Diamond Nuzlocke, it sounds cool. I wonder, you can only catch the first Pokémon encountered on every route, right? What if you don't catch it, can you still attempt asecond catch on that route? And can you return to older routes to level your Pokémon a bit?

Edit: Btw, you can't use any healing items outside battles. Can you use them during battles, though?

I might some time attempt a Diamond Nuzlocke, it sounds cool. I wonder, you can only catch the first Pokémon encountered on every route, right? What if you don't catch it, can you still attempt asecond catch on that route? And can you return to older routes to level your Pokémon a bit?
If you don't catch the first, you won't get a pokemon from that route. Yes, you can level up wherever you want to.

Edit: Btw, you can't use any healing items outside battles. Can you use them during battles, though?
Any rules about items are at your own discretion.
Some people use no items and won't even go into the PokeMarts. Some people use whatever items they want (other than Revives which are, obviously, taboo).

So, Answer: if you want to, you may.

I just started an emerald nuzlocke so here it is:

"OW!"I said as a box hit me in the head."Why do I have to sit in the back..."

The truck stopped.

*Kreak*I quickly opened the door and jumped out just in time to catch my mom walking in our new house with a few boxes.
(about an hour later)

"Wow!The movers sure did work fast!"My mom spat out.

"Well they are Jolly natured mom."I replied.

"What?"My mom said obliviously.

"Nevermind"I said,"Didn't you say dad wanted me to visit his friend?I think I will go do that,after all dad said he would give me a pokemon!"

"Okay be safe honey."Said my mom as she paid the mover.

And thus my journey began~

Important Events:
11/3/10)
start adventure
obtained Roscoe/Torchic
obtained Luna/Wurmple
obtained Runs With Herpies/Zigzagoon
survived close call with Roscoe
Runs With Herpies dies when Poochyena critical +2 Tackle
obtained Aguav/Marill

Current Poketeam:

Roscoe/Hasty/11
Scratch/Growl/Focus Energy/Ember
My perky little buddy who loves to run around and light stuff on fire.

Aguav/Serious/6
Tackle/Defense Curl/Tail Whip
An all work no play pokemon who prefers rough training over a lounge chair.

Luna/Sassy/5
Tackle/String Shot/Poison Sting
My first catch that seems to enjoy eating over fighting.

R.I.P.:

(Runs With Herpies)/Naughty/4
Tackle/Growl
She loved running along with Roscoe and got along with all her teamates.(even when she caused trouble)We will all miss her forever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)