Hydreigon

I have been using a 252 HP/252 SpA Specs Dora to great extend, comming in a resisted move, U-Turn away then for late game spaming Draco Meteor, speed is no that important when you have a nice set of resistances and can U-turn out when they bring a counter to you...

It'll take forever to evolve this guy? Anyone know a good place to level up, 60+ Levels quick!?

Too bad Earth Power and Dark Pulse aren't legit. What about a Male Charmander from Gen III w/ Mimic from XD and the Smeargle Rage glitch in DP to teach Charmander Dark Pulse and Earth Power (and Dragon Pulse for good measure) and trading him to BW to breed w/ Sazandora. =P

It'll take forever to evolve this guy? Anyone know a good place to level up, 60+ Levels quick!?

Too bad Earth Power and Dark Pulse aren't legit. What about a Male Charmander from Gen III w/ Mimic from XD and the Smeargle Rage glitch in DP to teach Charmander Dark Pulse and Earth Power (and Dragon Pulse for good measure) and trading him to BW to breed w/ Sazandora. =P
They are legit? Both are egg moves so when you get a male Sazandra (from Dream World, I presume) you can breed it with a normal Female Sazandra and get a baby Sazandra with Earth Power and Dark Pulse!

HOLY CRAP. o____O WHAT?! Monozu to Jiheddo at friggin' level fifty!? Jiheddo to Sazandora at sixty-four!??! What what WHAAAT??!

...psychotic rant about ridiculous evolutionary levels aside, I checked the whole Earth Power/Dark Pulse thing. It's true, the two aren't legal together. I wouldn't sweat it, though, he has enough options to keep him happy even if he can't have both at the same time.

I personally don't see any reason to use Earth Power over Surf on Sazandorah, as this move is only ever used against Heatran anyway, and Surf can hit Heatran even with a Balloon.

Yeah it shouldn't be a big deal on not being able to get both earth power and dark pulse.
Dark pulse isn't really that great as it doesn't really do anything but let you hit psychic and ghost types with powerful stab, which really isn't that big of a deal.

HOLY CRAP. o____O WHAT?! Monozu to Jiheddo at friggin' level fifty!? Jiheddo to Sazandora at sixty-four!??! What what WHAAAT??!

...psychotic rant about ridiculous evolutionary levels aside, I checked the whole Earth Power/Dark Pulse thing. It's true, the two aren't legal together. I wouldn't sweat it, though, he has enough options to keep him happy even if he can't have both at the same time.
please guys train at sports hall. Thats the fastest training places and its so awesome that at dragon spiral tower im already lv 62 kurimugan.
Anyway i rather use Dragon Pulse Meteor Blast Surf anyway
lol

please guys train at sports hall. Thats the fastest training places and its so awesome that at dragon spiral tower im already lv 62 kurimugan.
Anyway i rather use Dragon Pulse Meteor Blast Surf anyway
lol
LALALALALALALASPOILERSLALALALALALALALA

Anyway, back to the discussion....
Trainer R, I'm trying to think of some reason to use Earth Power over Surf in any circumstances and.... I can't. :0 Not right now, anyway.... I think you may be right. Surf also hits stuff like Landlos supereffective that Earth Power doesn't touch; Surf is definitely the better option on choice sets, at least, due to its more widespread coverage.

Spoiler? That's like if I said, ROUTE 13 AND POKEMON TOWER IS THE BEST TRAINING SPOT! Locations don't really spoil anything, unless it's obvious like BLAHBLAH's Castle since it's more about what you're doing there.

I think Surf and Blast cover enough to ignore Earth Power. Earth Power would take advantage of a lot of double weaknesses like Heatran, but more Pokemon will probably opt for Balloon this Gen. Rock/Water maybe is a close call of using EP, but you don't see too many Omastars, Kabutops, and Abagoora.

Spoiler? That's like if I said, ROUTE 13 AND POKEMON TOWER IS THE BEST TRAINING SPOT! Locations don't really spoil anything, unless it's obvious like BLAHBLAH's Castle since it's more about what you're doing there.

I think Surf and Blast cover enough to ignore Earth Power. Earth Power would take advantage of a lot of double weaknesses like Heatran, but more Pokemon will probably opt for Balloon this Gen. Rock/Water maybe is a close call of using EP, but you don't see too many Omastars, Kabutops, and Abagoora.
The important thing is, it's irrelevant to this discussion. :0 This is not the place to discuss it, I'm sure there are other places on Smogon to do so.

Right anyway (again), I still agree. All of those Rock-Waters have relatively weak Spec. Def. compared to their other stats, so eating Surf or STAB Draco Meteor isn't gonna be doing them too many favors anyway.

Specs Sazandora hits like a truck and it can seriously dent a lot of teams. Not being Pursuit weak also helps it.

Sucks that it can't have Dark Pulse and Earth Power together. With Specs, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Fire Blast, it gets walled by Heatran. Bad. I guess Surf is an option but... really? I WANT EARTH POWER.

Maybe I'm missing something but what's so special about Earth Power. I can't think of one pokemon that sazandora would desperately need it for :|

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor

I'm with you. Fire Blast and Surf pretty much cover everything. I really don't see a reason to use Earth Power over any of them, unless you want to hit things like Heatran, but they'll commonly carry a Balloon.

Maybe I'm missing something but what's so special about Earth Power. I can't think of one pokemon that sazandora would desperately need it for :|
Heatran resists both its STABs and is 4x weak to Earth Power. See where this is going? That's why Surf definitely works, just not as well. Earth Power also isn't affected by Sun, which will be MUCH more common now that we can induce it instantly and infinitely in OU because of Drought Ninetales.

Heatran resists both its STABs and is 4x weak to Earth Power. See where this is going? That's why Surf definitely works, just not as well. Earth Power also isn't affected by Sun, which will be MUCH more common now that we can induce it instantly and infinitely in OU because of Drought Ninetales.
Earth Power for Heatran alone seems like it isn't worth it to me. Maybe it's just personal preference, but the fact that Sazandora is often running a choice item makes Water a far superior coverage attack, and it works wonders alongside Dragon and Fire. Speaking of weather, Draco Meteor / U-Turn / Surf / Fire Blast lets Sazandora function rain or shine, gaining pseudoSTAB on each.

Then of course there is the balloon issue. Heatran already has two immunities as is, so keeping its balloon intact shouldn't be an issue. Toss in Shandera, Doryuuzu, and other balloon-wielders, and Surf becomes the better option, IMO. It isn't a free switch for fliers either, such as Gyarados and Skarmory.

Earth Power hits Empoleon harder as well, but I'm not sure how much Fire Blast does to it. It has pretty high Special Defense so I'm not sure if you could guarantee the KO (but what could Empoleon do back without Ice Beam or Torrent-Petaya boosted Surfs?)

What's the best option for a mixed set (EVs, moves, etc.)?

I've been using:

"Dora The Explorer"
Sazandora@Choice Scarf
Nature: Naive
EVs: 152 Atk/ 104 SpA/ 252 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Crunch/Dark Pulse
-U-turn
-Surf/Fire Blast

BurningMan

fueled by beer
I don't see why it should use Dark Pulse if it would run a Dark move you should use Crunch it got a decent Atk and hits one of its common switchins Burungeru harder and Ghost/Psychic types tend to have a higher SDef.

For a Specs/Scarf Set i would go for

-Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
-Surf/Earth Power
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-U-Turn

that receives Perfect Coverage if i am right and dont misses out on anything that poses a threat except maybe Empoleon, but he isn't that common.
And while Surf is weakend by sun its boosted by rain and got a higher BP than Earth Power and against sun teams its better to use Dragon Attacks anyway as they tend to have grass types that eat both Earth Power and Surf ;)

I think a good move set would have be a little like this
Sazandora@LifeOrb
Nature:Modest(SpA+ Atk-)or Timid(Speed+ Atk-)
Ev's 4 HP 252 SpA 252 Speed
Moves:
-Cheer Up
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Outrage/Draco Meteor

I think this set is awesome but if your gonna run this set its best to have a couple ways of paralyzing an opponent to make the field even for sazandora and also watch out for revenge kills specially flygon and scizor with their U-Turn.

-This Is My Set
-Imagine

What's the best option for a mixed set (EVs, moves, etc.)?

I've been using:

"Dora The Explorer"
Sazandora@Choice Scarf
Nature: Naive
EVs: 152 Atk/ 104 SpA/ 252 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Crunch/Dark Pulse
-U-turn
-Surf/Fire Blast
Though the Mixed Scarf is perfectly viable and I don't have any changes to make to yours (except you have to pick Crunch or it should have 252 SpA/252 Spe, not worth splitting just for power on non-STAB U-Turn,), I went the Life Orb wallbreaker route - Draco Meteor/Outrage/EQ/Flamethrower (Surf would be a fair choice too, but Nattorei likes to stay in on her even if I switch into it!)

takes advantage of superior defensive typing/bulk to most other wallbreaker options, the other moves providing coverage for steels. With that, max speed doesn't really make sense to me, since you still get beat by too much. I'd rather split the offensive EVs, a bit of speed to get past some slow things, and rely on your natural bulk. I think I went max attack and than EVd to beat max speed Tyranitar - whatever it was, it wasn't that much. the rest went into SpA.

and she gets 2 kills per battle with shocking regularity. Walls coming in will have to take a hit and then another hit from the opposite side of the spectrum before they can do anything. Sweepers that can't OHKO are generally OHKOd back, and very few things are capable of doing so. I personally provide paralysis support and like to bring her in on a resisted hit from a paralyzed sweeper, because that's pretty much a guaranteed kill, but the set works fine without it - you've got other things to switch in on.

Seriously guys try Roar on this thing. Since Dora can't really set up you come in on something you can scare off, roar, and when the pokemon they didn't want comes out they risk either being roared again (if they switch) or taking a really hard hit from two or three powerful special attacks.

I realize this roar technique can work on many pokemon but rarely can one who is a sweeper employ it so effectively with its bulk. Obviously this does well with spikes/rocks.

Test it. I doubt you'll be disappointed when the opponent never gets the matchup they want, and even if they do they are hit with a STAB draco meteor. And if you're faster you can U-turn out. Very few holes in this strategy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)