Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

You hit your seed, advance the frames to minus 1 of the target. So if you're going for frame 20, advance to frame 19, than talk to Zapdos. Pretty much all there is to it.

Edit: Yay! 600 POSTS FOR ME! :D!
nice, im planning to rng moltres and mewtwo since i haven't caught them yet. if i'd known this earlier and able to hit consistently me delays, i would have a suicune hp electric on a pokeball now. D:

Charzaro

(>~ @_@ )>~
Tell me if I'm doing anything wrong. I'm trying to get a shiny egg with the shiny egg tab in Hg.
1. save in front of the daycare lady with the parents in my party, # of pokes in party doesn't matter, right?
2. Hit my delay
3. call elm the remaining times to get to the frame it sasys on the shiny egg tab. Ex. it says 14 and I verified by calling elm 9 times, I call 5 more times
4. Deposite parents in daycare.

Tell me if I'm doing anything wrong. I'm trying to get a shiny egg with the shiny egg tab in Hg.
1. save in front of the daycare lady with the parents in my party, # of pokes in party doesn't matter, right?
2. Hit my delay
3. call elm the remaining times to get to the frame it sasys on the shiny egg tab. Ex. it says 14 and I verified by calling elm 9 times, I call 5 more times
4. Deposite parents in daycare.
You're not supposed to call Elm for the shiny egg calls. You're supposed to call Joey.

So you need an odd number for the frame, since Joey advances + 2, and depositing the pokes into the daycare is +1. So you need an odd number for frames.

Charzaro

(>~ @_@ )>~
You're not supposed to call Elm for the shiny egg calls. You're supposed to call Joey.

So you need an odd number for the frame, since Joey advances + 2, and depositing the pokes into the daycare is +1. So you need an odd number for frames.
Wait, why do i need to call joey? Doesn't elm advance the frame by 1 while joey does the same thing except by 2? Depsiting also changes it by1? Does the rng reporter take this into account?

Depositing isn't +1, generating an egg is.

Edit: For eggs, elm and roamers have no effect. Joey advances by two, and generating an egg advances 1. Egg IVs are affected by roamers, elm calls, and joey calls.

Charzaro

(>~ @_@ )>~
Ok, lets say I hit my delay and verified it with 9 elm calls. In the shiny egg tab it says 13 under frame. What do i do from here?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You call Joey 6 times, then deposit your parents in the daycare. Your egg should be your desired 'mon.
It was my understanding that 13th frame in this scenario actually means your 13th egg will be the shiny one..?

Yep, but since your egg's always starting on frame one and that calling Joey advances the frame by 2 you just have to call him 6 times to have your desired egg.

I have a question that probably was already asked. Anyway, here it goes:

If I want to RNG a wondercard pokemon in HGSS, and I go to the recommended Cerulean City mart, will the roamers in Johto affect my frame count, or viceversa (Lati@s for RNGing in the Johto side)? Should I kill them to make sure?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have a question that probably was already asked. Anyway, here it goes:

If I want to RNG a wondercard pokemon in HGSS, and I go to the recommended Cerulean City mart, will the roamers in Johto affect my frame count, or viceversa (Lati@s for RNGing in the Johto side)? Should I kill them to make sure?
roamers still advance the frame.

Wait, why do i need to call joey? Doesn't elm advance the frame by 1 while joey does the same thing except by 2? Depsiting also changes it by1? Does the rng reporter take this into account?
Just to add
Joey advance the rng as well as the irng

elm and the jugglar are used to verify your frames as well as advance the rng

Do I need to "calibrate" for Pewter City Lati@s, or should it be on frame 1 most of the time if I button-mash quickly enough?
I'd recommend calibrating a little to make sure that you've not saved just before an NPC moves. There's nothing more annoying than hitting your seed and getting the wrong result. But if you're going for a high frame, this is somewhat moot as you'll be able to account for the advancement during your elm calls.

In platinum what effect does the rain have on the RNG?? I'm not sure whether it justs prevents me from checking my seed or if it actually advances the frame. Is it actually possible to RNG in rain?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@-Lux-
It depends which bit of the egg process you're on.
Joey calls will advance the egg PID 2 frames. This is the bit where you have to wait for an egg to appear at the daycare. Elm calls do nothing for this bit.
If you're waiting for your IVs, then Elm calls advance the frame by 1, Joey by 2.

@Dracolosse
And I don't know exactly because I've never tried it myself, but from what I've read, the rain advances the frame, so use the "Search Elm" feature in RNG Reporter (may want to wait for confirmation though, not certain of this).

Still need help.

No matter what, I can't seem to advance the frame with the Journal! I subtract my calibrated frame from my target frame and divide it by 2. I've tried 3 different seeds and my results always stayed the same.

Can anyone help?

HGSS Breeding, Im trying to get a shiny egg.

Have parents in daycare, frame 1 is the shiny egg I want, so I hit my delay and cycle till the first egg is generated, then save in front of daycare man to lock in the shiny egg, then I reset for IVs and frame advancement etc right?

The posts above confuse me a little :/

HGSS Legendary RNG'ing Help..

I've just started out RNG and it seems that RNG'ing Stationary Legends is the easiest and should be first tried.
What I've done so far..
1. I already got my initial seed and seconds to be 493 and 14 respectively.
2. I have my shiny spreads(seeds or whatever) atm but it has a 4000+ delay. Is that hard to hit?
3. I now have my Elm Calls list for the said seed.
4. I have a problem hitting my delay because I am very confused with the two timers.
** I followed what the 4th/5th(forgot) post said about the 1st and 2nd timers of Pikatimer by opening the game from DS menu when the first timer reaches 0 and hit "A" on the continue screen when the 2nd timer reaches 0. I think I'm not doing well with this.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@Musica:

For a first run, 4000 is a pretty high delay.
It'll take about a minute for each run, so if you're not getting close to it, it'll be a long time between attempts.
If you're desperate to try this one as your first one though, here's a few words of advice:

1) Have you entered 493 and 14 into the right boxes on pikatimer (these should be calibrated delay and calibrated second respectively).
2) Have you entered your 4000+ Delay in the wanted delay box in pikatimer.

Also, you said nothing about the date you were going for it on.
You have RNG Reporter yes? On your list (where you got the seed from), you need to enter that into RNG Reporter, and go on Seed To Time, to make sure you know the date and time you were supposed to be aiming for.
This also lets you decide your wanted second, which is the final thing you need for Pikatimer.

And make sure you set the clock to however many minutes before your wanted time that pikatimer tells you to.

Other than those possible mistakes, the method you explained is what you're supposed to do to use Pikatimer.

Set the date to the date you need (from seed to time), then go to time, and set that to the right time (remembering minutes before from pikatimer), but don't click OK yet.
Click OK on the DS and Space bar on your computer (with pikatimer open) at the same time.
Then get back to the DSi menu, and wait. When the timer reaches 0.00 (4th close together beep) you start the game.
Quickly work through the menus of the game, and then sit at the continue screen until the second timer reaches 0.00 (11th close together beep), and then hit continue.

The only other possible mess up I can think is that you're going for an even delay, when your calibrated ones were odd. If this is the case, you need to either put a GBA cart in the slot (if you have a DS), or scroll down on the continue screen (right to the bottom), and then back up to continue while you're sat on the screen.

If you give more info, I'll be able to be more specific.

Oops. Forgot to mention the date RNG Reporter displayed. Anyway, I am sure that I have placed the correct values in their corresponding boxes/spaces in PikaTimer. Also, I'm using a DSi.

As of now, I restarted the process, hoping for a lower delay to hit. I'm searching for a Shiny Spread without flawless (again) just to confirm that I have correctly hit my target delay/second.
Then get back to the DSi menu, and wait. When the timer reaches 0.00 (4th close together beep) you start the game.
Quickly work through the menus of the game, and then sit at the continue screen until the second timer reaches 0.00 (11th close together beep), and then hit continue.
I think I'm only making a mistake here though. Other processes were correctly done.

Currently searching for spreads...

EDIT:
Here is what I've gotten from PokeRNGDP
PID: 05cb7b8b (MODEST, ability 1) 27/21/28/30/27/30 (Seed: 43010702 Method 1: 391, J (synch): 322, J (no synch): 332, K (synch): 318, K (no synch): 356) HP FIRE 66

I know I'm going be using Method K without synch, since I don't have a Pokemon with Synchronize right now. I got my target date using RNG Reporter and I chose..

Date / Time / Delay
2010 11 01 / 01:56:00 / 1784

Some other info..
1. I have no roamers (Killed Raikou and Entei, and didn't have Enigma Stone for Lati's)
2. Acquired Pokerus, Shown Togepi to Elm, in Kanto and beat Elite 4 after 16 badges.
3. Have again calibrated my delay again and it shows 490 at 14 seconds.
4. I currently have Pikatimer with
Calibrated Delay - 490
Wanted Delay - 1784
Calibrated Second - 14
Wanted Second - 0
Minutes Before Target - 2
5. Have my DS Clock ready to be timed at 01:54:00

I have my target frame at 356 and the Occidentary at 391
Elm Responses for Seed : PPEEPEEKEK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)