Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

In RNG Reporter's Time Finder, are the boxes with the roamers at the top of the screen (the ones used to generate potential times) the locations of Raikou/Entei/Lati@s when you saved beforehand? If not, what are they?

Personal seeds:

C20B0AF4, <50 frame, 2793 delay, Adamant 31/31/31/17/31/31, ability 1.
B60F175D, <50 frame, 5971 delay, Adamant 31/31/31/23/31/31, ability 0.
A5140629, <50 frame, 1567 delay, Jolly 31/31/31/0/31/31, ability 0.
860008FC, <150 frame, 2290 delay, Jolly 31/31/31/17/30/31, ability 1.

There is no such thing as a low frame low delay good IV spread.
Precisely, which is why I didn't ask for a low delay, only low frames. ;)

And these frames, are they less than 50, or 50 exactly? The <50 throws me off a bit.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the frames. Thanks!

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@Musica

If your wanted second is 14, you would put that in there, yes. I wouldn't sggest such a low wanted second though. Although you can enter the game in 14 seconds, you need time to do a reset and you'll want enough time to be ready to hit it. I never work with a wanted second less than 30. If you're misunderstanding what it is, it isn't the time that it takes to get into the game, it's the number of seconds past the minute when you enter the game.

@Rocket Boss
Yep.

The PokeRNG program is the best way to find spreads correct? I use it since it's a lot faster then RNG Reporter but sometimes I get spreads with REALLY high frames. Is there anything I can do to lower the target frame?

The PokeRNG program is the best way to find spreads correct? I use it since it's a lot faster then RNG Reporter but sometimes I get spreads with REALLY high frames. Is there anything I can do to lower the target frame?
I usually search for delays up to 5000. My frame is rarely higher than 400 or so. The top right radio station works well for getting through frames quickly.

Nope, just use the radio to advance your frame quickly
Damn...alright
I usually search for delays up to 5000. My frame is rarely higher than 400 or so. The top right radio station works well for getting through frames quickly.
I guess I'm getting spoiled lol. I usually search for delays of up to 9000 on PokeRNG :P. The fram eI got was 250 so it's not THAT high but when I RNGed Suicune his frame for the spread was 4...lol all I had to do was make sure I hit my delay with the dogs...anyways thanks I guess it's time to use to radio again. Does the RadioSeed Program help with that? I just find it tedious to advance the frame a few times with the Radio Station and then having to check where you are with elm calls O_o...

Damn...alright

I guess I'm getting spoiled lol. I usually search for delays of up to 9000 on PokeRNG :P. The fram eI got was 250 so it's not THAT high but when I RNGed Suicune his frame for the spread was 4...lol all I had to do was make sure I hit my delay with the dogs...anyways thanks I guess it's time to use to radio again. Does the RadioSeed Program help with that? I just find it tedious to advance the frame a few times with the Radio Station and then having to check where you are with elm calls O_o...
What I do is, if I have a relatively high frame, I usually just divide the number by 13, and than by 14, and see how much it is and advance that way.

For instance if you had a frame of say 100. So divide 100 by 14. Comes out to being 7-ish. Than by 13, comes out to being 7 as well. So you would advance the radio 7 times, so you'd be at frames 91-98. So than you call once (just in case all radios did advance at 14 times each) see if it's the 99th call, if not call some more till you're there. Or you can do the radio 6 times, and just Elm advance from there if you want to be super safe.

Damn...alright

I've never used radioseed. I just calculate about how many times I need to tune that radio station, and usually end up anywhere from 10-20 frames in front of my target in no more than a minute. Then I use elm or joey calls from there to reach my seed.

I've never used radioseed. I just calculate about how many times I need to tune that radio station, and usually end up anywhere from 10-20 frames in front of my target in no more than a minute. Then I use elm or joey calls from there to reach my seed.
You can use Joey calls for Captures O_o....I didn't know that...lol well that's good to know meh I'll just do what you do then...which is what I've been doing :P

@Musica

If your wanted second is 14, you would put that in there, yes. I wouldn't sggest such a low wanted second though. Although you can enter the game in 14 seconds, you need time to do a reset and you'll want enough time to be ready to hit it. I never work with a wanted second less than 30. If you're misunderstanding what it is, it isn't the time that it takes to get into the game, it's the number of seconds past the minute when you enter the game.
Thanks, man. :D

What's the difference in RNG'ing Stationary Poke's to Eggs in HGSS? Do I still use the same initial calibration method? I do know that advancing the frames is the same. But can I have my wanted egg on the 1st egg I get from Day Care Man?

Some procedures I know..
1. Saving in front of the Day Care Man before I get my Egg.
2. Getting the Egg in the fastest manner to avoid frame advancements by other NPC's after verifying Elm responses.

where i can find the encounter slot of a ditto in the trphy garden? i looked in the link in the RNG reporter,but it hasn't the ES of ditto
or can anyone tell me the n° of the ES?

I've been RNG breeding for quite a while now, but ever since I bred Nidorans. It made me cringe playing the guessing game on which one of the genders I ended up with. As they are different from other pokemon(same for volbeat/illumise).

I really would like to know how do I determine which gender I get from an egg so it wouldn't happen to me again. I would hate to get an Adamant Illumise when I was aiming for Volbeat instead.

I began looking around for answers and on Bulbapedia it is said that it is determined by the last 8 digits of the PID; saying that Nidoran(F) gender digit is 11111110(254 decimal value), and Nidoran(M) is 00000000(0 decimal value). I've already bred Nidorans, but I'm not breeding Volbeats/Illumise at the time so I can't determine how do you determine the value inbetween the 2 sets of bytes.

At first, I guessed that it would be a 50-50 chance, being female if it is below the byte 01111111(127 decimal value) and male if it is above. After looking over several of my nidorans, I quickly realized that it can be false, XD.

Is it determined by looking at all 4 gender ratios? But I know that this can't be completely true as I have received a Nidoran(F) from choosing an egg PID that said that all gender ratios are male.

Has anyone else done reseach with this? I would appreciate it a lot if someone could help me solve this puzzle...

Do Radio commercials affect the frame at all? I also would like to know what Raikou's monter frame is in European version of SoulSilver? The first page tells it two times, on the first time it says Raikou's starting frame is 5 in the European version, and later in the guide it's told that Raikou's starting frame is 6. Which one is true?

Does the persistent rain on Route 215 affect the RNG? When I tried to verify my seed with coin flips I got no results. I was using a setup I had already done successfully at another location, so there was no way I was very far off.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Does the persistent rain on Route 215 affect the RNG? When I tried to verify my seed with coin flips I got no results. I was using a setup I had already done successfully at another location, so there was no way I was very far off.
yes it does affect it.

I've been RNG breeding for quite a while now, but ever since I bred Nidorans. It made me cringe playing the guessing game on which one of the genders I ended up with. As they are different from other pokemon(same for volbeat/illumise).

I really would like to know how do I determine which gender I get from an egg so it wouldn't happen to me again. I would hate to get an Adamant Illumise when I was aiming for Volbeat instead.

I began looking around for answers and on Bulbapedia it is said that it is determined by the last 8 digits of the PID; saying that Nidoran(F) gender digit is 11111110(254 decimal value), and Nidoran(M) is 00000000(0 decimal value). I've already bred Nidorans, but I'm not breeding Volbeats/Illumise at the time so I can't determine how do you determine the value inbetween the 2 sets of bytes.

At first, I guessed that it would be a 50-50 chance, being female if it is below the byte 01111111(127 decimal value) and male if it is above. After looking over several of my nidorans, I quickly realized that it can be false, XD.

Is it determined by looking at all 4 gender ratios? But I know that this can't be completely true as I have received a Nidoran(F) from choosing an egg PID that said that all gender ratios are male.

Has anyone else done reseach with this? I would appreciate it a lot if someone could help me solve this puzzle...
So I have began some research to the best that I can on breeding Nidorans. and the results from breeding them varies. Below, I put down any information need if someone wanted to copy my experiment.

I bred using the parents Nidoran(F) and Nidoran(M). I did NOT skip any eggs; they did come up with the predicted nature/ability from RNG Reporter. I made sure to breed at least 3 of each of the possible gender ratios: M/M/M/M, M/M/M/F, F/M/M/F, F/M/F/F, and F/F/F/F.

Code:
[LEFT]Pokemon Platinum
ID: 30247 SID: 28265
Seed:2F080260 Date: 11/02/2010; 08:09:16
Delay: 598[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Egg Frames: PID: Gender Ratio: Nido's gender: byte from PID that determines gender & dec value: LID and value
1: FA5E697F: M/M/M/F: F: 7F or 127: 697F OR 27007
2: BF24D6BD: M/M/M/F: M: BD or 189: D6BD OR 54973
3: E53F7B46: F/M/M/F: F: 46 or 70: 7B46 OR 31558
4: 1A37BC5A: F/M/M/F: M: 5A or 90: BC5A OR 48218
5: D8C8374C: F/M/M/F: F: 4C or 76: 374C OR 14156
6: FCBD3CFB: M/M/M/M: F: FB or 251: 3CFB OR 15611
7: 01423639: F/M/F/F: F: 39 or 57: 3639 OR 13881
8: 841837D7: M/M/M/M: F: D7 or 215: 37D7 OR 14295
9: 4C1FC31B: F/F/F/F: M: 1B or 27: C31B OR 49947
10: D2B5E813: F/F/F/F: M: 13 or 19: E813 OR 59411
11: 09099A57: F/M/M/F: M: 57 or 87: 9A57 OR 39511
12: 5A455EE0: M/M/M/M: F: E0 or 224: 5EE0 OR 24288
13: 8B10AC06: F/F/F/F: M: 06 or 6: AC06 ORR 44038
14: 83122A1A: F/F/F/F: F: 1A or 26: 2A1A OR 10778
15: B1D690E5: M/M/M/M: M: E5 or 229: 90E5 OR 37093
16: 10D55D53: F/M/M/F: F: 53 or 83: 5D53 OR 23891
17: 80F0DB32: F/M/F/F: M: 32 or 50: DB32 OR 56114[/LEFT]
18: 10C293A1: M/M/M/F: M: A1 or 161: 93A1 OR 37793
At first, I believed that what determines the gender is if the decimal value is divisible by 9; which would give you a Nidoran(M) until I ended up on egg #10 which given me a prime number(with more nidoran(M) eggs that ended up with a different number that isn't divisble by 9). After hatching all 18 eggs, I then looked at the LID to see if it would be something similar to how wurmple is determined to evolved into Silcoon or Cascoon. This also is inconclusive, but it seems that the LID value for the male Nidorans have a greater number than the female nidorans. At least in this experiment.​

EDIT: From Serebii's website(I know it's bad to quote from their website half the time, xD) that there's a 50% chance to obtain either gender. So does this mean that there is no way to abuse which gender for the nidorans or fireflies that you want? Is it possible that if you hit the SAME seed that you just might end up with the OTHER gender the second, third, or fourth time?​

Do Radio commercials affect the frame at all? I also would like to know what Raikou's monter frame is in European version of SoulSilver? The first page tells it two times, on the first time it says Raikou's starting frame is 5 in the European version, and later in the guide it's told that Raikou's starting frame is 6. Which one is true?

Does anyone on this website know how to rng abuse on the pokewalker?

I'm looking for someone who can teach me how to rng abuse on the pokewalker so I can try to rng abuse my own timid surfing pikachu.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Fair enough. Is it best to just avoid weather routes when doing wild catches, then?
Yep. I remember reading on the research thread that someone figured out the general frame advancement. You could look on there if you'd like but it was at a high enough speed that you would probably want to avoid it altogether.

Yep. I remember reading on the research thread that someone figured out the general frame advancement. You could look on there if you'd like but it was at a high enough speed that you would probably want to avoid it altogether.
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea to me. I'd rather have to beat 1-2 trollin' NPCs than something difficult like that. Thanks for the info :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)