Durant

Ever thought of running dig on this thing? hmm magnezone will just switch out while you can switch out if yous ee a heatran.

Ever thought of running dig on this thing? hmm magnezone will just switch out while you can switch out if yous ee a heatran.
But that lets Pokemon like Gyarados switch in for free once they see Dig and start setting up. Going underground on the same turn that something comes in that's immune to it is particularly risky and could mean that Aianto ends up dead.

Just a note, but Claw Sharpen + Hustle gives perfect accuracy moves app. 89% accuracy I believe (800%/9 to be exact) because hustle and Claw Sharpen are not running in the same way (I.E. the same reason that you get 2.25x attack after it, not 2x)... thus unless you can count on getting two Claw Sharpens, be a bit more careful about using your now 71% accuracy Stone Edges.. >_<
The attack multiplier and the accuracy one act very differently. Hustle subtracts a straight 20% accuracy from a move, but claw sharpen treats it on the base accuracy of the move not the Hustle reduced one. So Claw Sharpen adds 33% to 100, then hustle takes away 20 for an amount over 100. Claw Sharpen adds 24 to Stone Edge then Hustle takes away 16 leaving you with 88% accuracy on Stone Edge.

breh

強いだね
The attack multiplier and the accuracy one act very differently. Hustle subtracts a straight 20% accuracy from a move, but claw sharpen treats it on the base accuracy of the move not the Hustle reduced one. So Claw Sharpen adds 33% to 100, then hustle takes away 20 for an amount over 100. Claw Sharpen adds 24 to Stone Edge then Hustle takes away 16 leaving you with 88% accuracy on Stone Edge.

Lol, I did my math incorrectly in two ways, apparently

I had the wrong multiplier for Hustle; I thought for some reason that it was 1 stage down (in any case I had the one stage down of accuracy wrong too... lol); in any case your math is wrong as well. I got 85% accuracy ((80*0.8 (Hustle))(4/3)=85 and one third.

Somewhere I think you rounded incorrectly.

In any case, this is certainly a more favorable accuracy lol

Oh and don't use dig; dig is terrible

Quite a interesting pokemon, it has one of the highest attack stats in the game, factoring in hustle. It is extremely frail on the special side, and likely won't be able to survive a hit. Heatran looks like it will be one of it's greatest partners since it can get a boost from fire attacks, and it will be it's worst enemy. Due to it's very small movepool both of it's STABS are quarterd and really can't do anything to Heatran barring Dig or Stone Edge. Aianto is faster though and can baton pass out, unless its scarfed. Suciune is another pokemon who I think pairs well with Aianto since it can take fire attacks very easily, and even has a shot against Swords dance Blaziken.

Lol, I did my math incorrectly in two ways, apparently

I had the wrong multiplier for Hustle; I thought for some reason that it was 1 stage down (in any case I had the one stage down of accuracy wrong too... lol); in any case your math is wrong as well. I got 85% accuracy ((80*0.8 (Hustle))(4/3)=85 and one third.

Somewhere I think you rounded incorrectly.

In any case, this is certainly a more favorable accuracy lol

Oh and don't use dig; dig is terrible
The hustle reduction happens after the Claw Sharpen increase. What you are doing is increasing the hustle reduced accuracy of Stone Edge by one stage. That isn't how it works. But you are right, I either typoed or rounded weird somewhere, CS should add 26.6 to Stone Edge, not 24. Probably because I used 33% instead of 4/3.

The hustle reduction happens after the Claw Sharpen increase. What you are doing is increasing the hustle reduced accuracy of Stone Edge by one stage. That isn't how it works. But you are right, I either typoed or rounded weird somewhere, CS should add 26.4 to Stone Edge, not 24.
It wouldn't matter which took effect first.

Stone Edge - 80 accuracy.

80 * .25 (claw sharp increase) = 20, 20 + 80= 100 (new acc. for stone edge)

100 * .80 = 80 (acc. for Stone edge after Hustle reduction)

or

80 * .80= 64 (new acc. for stone edge)

64 * .25= 16, 16 + 64= 80 (acc. for stone edge after claw sharp increase)

Commutative property of multiplication pplz, come on now!

It wouldn't matter which took effect first.

Stone Edge - 80 accuracy.

80 * .25 (claw sharp increase) = 20, 20 + 80= 100 (new acc. for stone edge)

100 * .80 = 80 (acc. for Stone edge after Hustle reduction)

or

80 * .80= 64 (new acc. for stone edge)

64 * .25= 16, 16 + 64= 80 (acc. for stone edge after claw sharp increase)

Commutative property of multiplication pplz, come on now!
One stage of Accuracy increase is 33% not 25%.

In a triple battle he would be very useful. His fast speed allows him to use Make Friends and give Hustle to a pokemon like Slaking and tear everything up.

You could also use Make Friends to give Truant to enemy pokemon, just to mess with them.

In a triple battle he would be very useful. His fast speed allows him to use Make Friends and give Hustle to a pokemon like Slaking and tear everything up.

You could also use Make Friends to give Truant to enemy pokemon, just to mess with them.
From what I've heard, Make Friends doesn't work against Truant.

Even if it did, wouldn't Doredia be better in triples? Have Ninetales/Slaking/Doredia, and Make friends chlorophyll onto Slaking.

Make Friends can give Truant to other Pokemon. I saw a trapping strat with Shandera where this guy had Aianto use Make Friends against a Gliscor, then had his Shandera set up 6 CMs and sweep the other guy's team on PO.

Make Friends can give Truant to other Pokemon. I saw a trapping strat with Shandera where this guy had Aianto use Make Friends against a Gliscor, then had his Shandera set up 6 CMs and sweep the other guy's team on PO.
I've seen this done too but the problem is, Shandera is probably using CM, Protect, Nitro Charge, and an attacking move. Both of Shandera's STABs have immunities, so it's not the best setup.

I've seen this done too but the problem is, Shandera is probably using CM, Protect, Nitro Charge, and an attacking move. Both of Shandera's STABs have immunities, so it's not the best setup.
I never said it was a great setup, I was just stating that passing over Traunt is a possibility.

This is kind of like mini scizor, but quicker and with stone edge. He can also use the new move "make friends" to pass (DW) truant

I've run a similar strat, with Shandeera and Ainto. Shandeera has CM/Acid Armor/Protect/Shadow Ball. Sure, normal types are immune to shadow ball, but it works fairly well to take out really scary pokes. I run Lead TruAinto, with a scarf and Make Friends. It works really well, surprisingly, because people will either switch into and Ainto counter and be eaten by Shandeera, or they'll stay in. And be set up on.

....I think Thunder Fang is worth a mention on the OP Claw Sharpen set, as it at least gives Aianto a means of hitting Steels without resorting to Dig. :0

Aianto is probably pretty good with a claw sharpen set, but I rather enjoy it on Baton Pass teams. Lead Blaziken @ Focus Sash is guaranteed to get a SD + 2 Speed Boosts up, which means Aianto outspeed pretty well everything and OHKO's or 2HKO's everything, generally even if it does resist. Iron Head is great as is X-scissor w/ Hustle and Choice Band, he 2HKO's everything i've gone up against so far, except perhaps Skarmory. Hell, Blaziken can run Claw Sharpen and you can have a perfectly acc. Hustle Aianto on you hands, but I find Iron Head misses so little that you don't really need it, as well that most of it's common counters are either dead by the time they fire of a fire attack, or you can see it from a million miles away to switch in an appropiate counter.

I've done some calculations.

Aianto's Hustle X-scissor can come in and 1HKO Tyranitar, Zoroark, Waruvial, Sazandora, Celebi...(Tyanitar has a good chance of living with Max EV investment in HP)... Aianto outspeeds all of these pokes with its base 109 speed. That's gotta be worth something to all the people being so pessimestic towards aianto.

Aianto's Hustle Iron Head can 1HKO mamoswine, and even though being trolled by Gengars 110 speed... He can outspeed some variants of gengar and land a crunch while destroying anybody who opted for Mismagius.

Despite lower accuracy... Stone Edge/Rock Throw can destroy fire and flying types.

It's the fastest steel/bug, it outspeeds most pokemon, it has a max attack of 522 with hustle, it has stab X-scissor and Iron head along with a good movepool of Crunch, Stone Edge, Shadow Claw, Rock Throw, Hone Claw, Rock Polish, Agility, Baton Pass.

A good moveset would be:

Aianto w/ Hustle @ Wide Lens
4 hp/ 252 attack/ 252 speed

-X-scissor
-Crunch/ Stone Edge/ Iron Head/ Rock Throw/ Shadow Claw
-Agility
-Baton Pass

Wide Lens makes Stone Edge an easier option to select. This set allows Aianto flexibility to either come in on the pokemon I listed as KOs or to come in for a quick speed pass. I rather enjoy his Hone Claw sets and the Choice Scarf set for quick KOs.

The ANT is more than playable when you factor in its great defense and typing. Ofcourse SpD is crap, but every pokemon has a counter.

^IMO, Hone Claws is better over Agility because it helps mitigate the accuracy lost through Hustle and makes Aianto's already huge Attack (Hustle taken into account) stronger. But then again, Agility is useful so that Aianto can pass it to slower sweepers.

^ Yeah that aianto's sole purpose is passing speed and KOing the pokemon I listed. The Hone Claw sets were already perfect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)