Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Okay I'm a bit lost here. I want to get a PID for a flawless shiny spread so I can RNG abuse my ID/SID. But I don't seem to be able to search it on PokeRNG since I'm asked to enter an ID/SID, the thing is I don't know what ID/SID combination is needed in order to achieve that flawless spread....can anyone help?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think that might be something you'll have to use rng reporter for. There is a section for it. I don't remember what it is right now though.

Okay I'm a bit lost here. I want to get a PID for a flawless shiny spread so I can RNG abuse my ID/SID. But I don't seem to be able to search it on PokeRNG since I'm asked to enter an ID/SID, the thing is I don't know what ID/SID combination is needed in order to achieve that flawless spread....can anyone help?

"pandoras box"

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just open RNG Reporter, click Pandora's Box, use the left third of the new window. Enter PID, enter a delay range you think you can hit (IDK the usual range), and you will get a ID/SID seed that you need to hit when starting a new game. Then use the right third of the window to see what delay you actually hit when you are trying to hit the seed, because you know the Date/Time (no second) and hit ID.

Good luck!

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
See Romsstar's post on the first page, toward the end. It's not the same as the one in rng reporter but it's similar.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@ Champloo:

Use PokeRNG, but search for a NON-SHINY flawless spread... This will give you the PID for that spread.
Then use Pandora's box as described above to find yourself an ID/SID combo which will make that PID shiny. :)

I just started to RNG Mew in SoulSilver. I've previously RNG'd Jirachi in SoulSilver and that was a Wondercard Pokemon as well. For Jirachi I used the Seed 0F080263 and it's Target Frame was 136. (It's from Smogon's RNG Manipulation Guide) However, for some reason I had to advance the frame to 137 and then go and pick up Jirachi. Is there a mistake in that particular page and that Seed's Target Frame is really 138? I would like to know this since I'm going to start RNG'ing Mew and I'm using the Seed 52140289 and it's Target Frame is 116. (It's also from the RNG Manipulation Guide) So do I have to advance the frame to 115 and then pick up Mew from the Delivery Man, or is it the same kind of thing as it was with Jirachi and that Seed I used on it? (So I would have to advance the frame to 117 and then go pick up Mew)

I just started to RNG Mew in SoulSilver. I've previously RNG'd Jirachi in SoulSilver and that was a Wondercard Pokemon as well. For Jirachi I used the Seed 0F080263 and it's Target Frame was 136. (It's from Smogon's RNG Manipulation Guide) However, for some reason I had to advance the frame to 137 and then go and pick up Jirachi. Is there a mistake in that particular page and that Seed's Target Frame is really 138? I would like to know this since I'm going to start RNG'ing Mew and I'm using the Seed 52140289 and it's Target Frame is 116. (It's also from the RNG Manipulation Guide) So do I have to advance the frame to 115 and then pick up Mew from the Delivery Man, or is it the same kind of thing as it was with Jirachi and that Seed I used on it? (So I would have to advance the frame to 117 and then go pick up Mew)
When you're on RNG Reporter, look at the choices of methods. You'll find one that says Wondercard IVs. Put your seed in, choose wondercard IVs, hit generate, find your spread on the list. Now switch to Method 1 as your method and hit generate, see where your spread is on the list. Compare the two and you will probably discover why you had a difference in frames last time.

Edit: if you want a perfect spread with a low frame, try this seed 7b100958. Since Mew's nature can be anything, there's no reason to use a seed with a high frame, unless you like low delays. But this one has a low delay anyhow.

PID: 685011a9 (MODEST, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 7b100958 Method 1: 24, J (synch): 5, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 3, K (no synch): None) HP DARK 70

Just open RNG Reporter, click Pandora's Box, use the left third of the new window. Enter PID, enter a delay range you think you can hit (IDK the usual range), and you will get a ID/SID seed that you need to hit when starting a new game. Then use the right third of the window to see what delay you actually hit when you are trying to hit the seed, because you know the Date/Time (no second) and hit ID.

Good luck!
Thanks
See Romsstar's post on the first page, toward the end. It's not the same as the one in rng reporter but it's similar.
I'll check it out.
@ Champloo:

Use PokeRNG, but search for a NON-SHINY flawless spread... This will give you the PID for that spread.
Then use Pandora's box as described above to find yourself an ID/SID combo which will make that PID shiny. :)
THANK YOU!!!!! That's exactly what I was trying to figure out :)

Continuing from my earlier POST

I did a little experiment on RNG breeding, to see if the 50% gender ratio for a Volbeat/Illumise on the same shiny egg seed. I did it for a total of 4 times.

Code:
[LEFT]Pokemon Heart Gold
ID: 45090 SID: 22168
Seed: 2D080204
Date: 11/02/2023; 08:10:13; Delay 493

Egg Frame: 3
PID: 79CD9F73
Timid Nature, Ability 1
Gender Ratio: F/M/M/F

Egg Attempt 1: Volbeat
Egg Attempt 2: Volbeat
Egg Attempt 3: Volbeat[/LEFT]
Egg Attempt 4: Volbeat
As you see, the gender ratio for the normal 50% male/female ratio says it is determined to be Female, but I received a Volbeat instead. There must be a different way to determine Nidoran M/F and Volbeat/Illumise gender than the normal gender ratio. At this point, it is something out of my hands, as I do not know how to program or know formulas and other such equations to find out what determines the outcome of these 4 specific pokemon.

Continuing from my earlier POST

I did a little experiment on RNG breeding, to see if the 50% gender ratio for a Volbeat/Illumise on the same shiny egg seed. I did it for a total of 4 times.

Code:
[LEFT]Pokemon Heart Gold
ID: 45090 SID: 22168
Seed: 2D080204
Date: 11/02/2023; 08:10:13; Delay 493

Egg Frame: 3
PID: 79CD9F73
Timid Nature, Ability 1
Gender Ratio: F/M/M/F

Egg Attempt 1: Volbeat
Egg Attempt 2: Volbeat
Egg Attempt 3: Volbeat[/LEFT]
Egg Attempt 4: Volbeat
As you see, the gender ratio for the normal 50% male/female ratio says it is determined to be Female, but I received a Volbeat instead. There must be a different way to determine Nidoran M/F and Volbeat/Illumise gender than the normal gender ratio. At this point, it is something out of my hands, as I do not know how to program or know formulas and other such equations to find out what determines the outcome of these 4 specific pokemon.
From what I can see, Nidoran males and females are counterparts to each other but not quite separate species, so a female Nidoran could lay a male egg, but it's possible Volbeat is totally male, all the time no matter what when paired with a ditto, and the only way to get an illumise is to start with an illumise female as the female parent.

Edit: I'm not sure of anything when it comes to Volbeats and Illumise. Your post doesn't say what you used as parents for your tests.

From what I can see, Nidoran males and females are counterparts to each other but not quite separate species, so a female Nidoran could lay a male egg, but it's possible Volbeat is totally male, all the time no matter what when paired with a ditto, and the only way to get an illumise is to start with an illumise female as the female parent.
I can attest to this. It took me an entire night (8+ hrs) to figure out illumise can only be obtained by using illumise as the parent --__--

Ah, well, you've helped me then. I wasn't sure how to go about breeding one either until you posted this.

Edit: I found a reference here.

It was quite depressing. I had to RNG Volbeat, and then take that same Volbeat, and RNG Illumise.

1000th post :D

Edit: I'm not sure of anything when it comes to Volbeats and Illumise. Your post doesn't say what you used as parents for your tests.
For the first experiment with with the nidorans. I used both a Nidoran M and a Nidoran F. I could do the seed experiment with them as well, but I've done it before and I know I would end up with the same results.

For the Volbeats and Illumises I used a Volbeat and an Illumise. And it's completely possible to get a Illumise without using a ditto.

When you're on RNG Reporter, look at the choices of methods. You'll find one that says Wondercard IVs. Put your seed in, choose wondercard IVs, hit generate, find your spread on the list. Now switch to Method 1 as your method and hit generate, see where your spread is on the list. Compare the two and you will probably discover why you had a difference in frames last time.

Edit: if you want a perfect spread with a low frame, try this seed 7b100958. Since Mew's nature can be anything, there's no reason to use a seed with a high frame, unless you like low delays. But this one has a low delay anyhow.

PID: 685011a9 (MODEST, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 7b100958 Method 1: 24, J (synch): 5, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 3, K (no synch): None) HP DARK 70
Ok thanks a lot. I actually was somewhat lucky with Mew, because I got a Timid one right off the bat. (The first Mew I picked up) It has max IV's. I took it since Timid is a useful nature on Mew (though a lot of natures are useful on it).

For the first experiment with with the nidorans. I used both a Nidoran M and a Nidoran F. I could do the seed experiment with them as well, but I've done it before and I know I would end up with the same results.

For the Volbeats and Illumises I used a Volbeat and an Illumise. And it's completely possible to get a Illumise without using a ditto.

That reference I found states that breeding the male with a ditto always gives a male, whereas using the female with a partner will give you either gender.

That reference I found states that breeding the male with a ditto always gives a male, whereas using the female with a partner will give you either gender.
Correct, but that isn't the issue, XD. The issue is that you can not determine those specific pokemon gender when you breed it and it's not with a Ditto. If you use a Nidoran F and M on a seed that says that it will be a female(F/F/F/F), it is very well possible to get nidoran M instead. And the experiment with the Volbeat/Illumise was to see if I hit the same seed, if it would suddendly switch to a different gender. Like as if it truly is randomly generated, but it seems that it is also deteremined by the PID(although different), or I was just unlucky.

Off of a random ID/SID combo? Yeah, it can take quite some time, haha. I suggest putting any nature but be a bit selective with the IVs.

OH, if you RNG abused for a shiny ID/SID combo, then you would already know the shiny spreads on it? /confuzzled, lol.

OH, if you RNG abused for a shiny ID/SID combo, then you would already know the shiny spreads on it? /confuzzled, lol.
It's actually a random combo, but he's just saying that it's been his ID/SID combo that he has had for a while, when in reality he just randomly got it >.<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)