Call of Duty: Special Ops [Peaked 15th (PO), 43rd (SB)] (Gen 4 Retirement)

Introduction

Hello, Smogon. I am back from my long hiatus from not posting Rate My Teams. Fittingly, I have come back with a bang, revealing my most successful team to date. I wanted to post my team that I've been working extremely hard on since the banning of Salamence. Many people have found Pokemon that shine now, such as Shaymin, Infernape, Lanturn, Flygon, and Starmie. I have stumbled upon another, however, Lucario. Lucario has received praise as one of the most potent sweepers after using Swords Dance, but that isn't what attracted me. I chose to use Agility Lucario, instead, because with the proper team support, this set has the potency that of which the Swords Dance set has, while also having access to the surprise factor. We are all familiar with the Fire/Water/Grass core that has taken glory once again after Salamence has departed, right? I wanted to use something that can potentially set-up on and/or defeat all main members of the aforementioned core. Pokemon like Suicune, Infernape, Shaymin, Heatran, and Celebi are all of whom I am referring to. With the addition of Entry Hazards and synergy, not much, if any of the members of the Water/Fire/Grass core can successfully overcome my sweep.

I'd like to now tell you my achievements with this team. On Pokemon Online Beta Server, I have reached 15th place on the OU Ladder. On the same server, I won 2 tournaments, one on August 1, and the other on August 3, while at the same time coming runner up in another tournament that I cannot provide the date for. On Shoddy Battle, I have reached 43rd place, and I don't really ladder that consistently on Shoddy, so my CRE falls pretty quickly.

Team Building

My team started out with the goal of achieving an Agility Lucario sweep. I chose him to build my team around because with the right support, Lucario can sweep through almost any Fire/Water/Grass core, that currently plagues the metagame.

Forretress was the next member I added to my team. Since Agility Lucario doesn't have the sheer power that Swords Dance Lucario has, entry hazards are a must to net some very pertinent OHKO's, which are very important for Lucario to sweep late game.

After thinking long, hard, and carefully on my next member, I decided on Life Orb Heatran to occupy my third slot. The reason Heatran was chosen is for defensive synergy - resisting Fire, which both Lucario and Forretress are weak to, and offensive pressure - forcing many switches and residual damage with entry hazards, provided by Forretress.

My next member, Dragonite, was a no-brainer. My team at that point looked extremely Infernape weak. I chose MixNite to effectively check all sets of Infernape, while also defeating Stall and defensive walls, such as Celebi, Blissey, Skarmory, Vaporeon, and Swampert, most of which trouble Agility Lucario.

Celebi was added to my team for the same reason that Heatran was added to my team. Celebi provided offensive pressure, while at the same time giving me defensive synergy, so I have many checks to many offenders. Celebi, however, provided an element in which Heatran couldn't provide. Celebi acted as a lure for Rotom, as I am using the offensive set, also known as Tinkerbell, but without Life Orb. When opposing Rotom-A see leftovers and Thunderwave, most will be attracted to come in and deal reasonable damage with Shadow Ball. My set, however, will send them flying with an extremely powerful Leaf Storm, leaving them within KO range for Lucario to clean up late game.

My final member was also relatively easy to determine. I realized that my team at that point was Gyarados, CM Jirachi, Starmie, Heatran, Offensive Cune, and still a little Infernape weak. Only one Pokemon could effectively handle all of the aforementioned Pokemon, Scarf Rotom-W.

So, I tested my team, it worked excellently, and even won me a couple of tournaments. Alas, something was missing. My team was relatively Heatran and DD Tyrantiar weak. In addition, Dragonite proved to be more or less dead weight. Chesto Rest Kingdra not only nullified my weaknesses to the aforementioned Pokemon, but he acted as secondary, and in most cases primary, sweeper.

Type Chart

At A Glance

Soap --- Ghost --- Price --- Nikolai --- Shepherd --- Makarov

A Closer Look

Forretress @ Leftovers
  • Soap
  • Sturdy
  • 252 HP | 4 Def | 252 SpD
  • Careful Nature [+SpD, -SpA]
  • Moveset:
    • Toxic Spikes - Ever since Legendary_07 suggested Toxic Spikes, my team's winning percentage went through the roof. The residual damage on Tyranitar, limiting his effectiveness really helps a lot through the course of a match. The likes of Vaporeon, Suicune, and Celebi also suffer from the Toxic, allowing Lucario and Kingdra to finish them off easier.
    • Spikes - Spikes is a key hazard in today's metagame. Pokemon such as Vaporeon, Heatran, Suicune, and Celebi suddenly won't be able to freely swap in and out to resist my moves, unless they're willing to take up to 25% of damage for doing so.
    • Rapid Spin - Rapid Spin helps my team to combat all forms of Stall, and with the style of team I have, switching is a must. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing all of my opponent's hard work being thrown down the toilet. Rapid Spin was a must because I boast Dragonite, and I rely on him for more than one thing. Taking LO recoil plus Stealth Rock damage would severely limit the effectiveness of Dragonite.
    • Payback - Payback is my attacking move of choice, and works wonders with Specially Defensive Forretress. I can now effectively handle Gengar's and Azelf's that don't run Fire-type moves.
  • Why this Pokemon?:
    Forretress was needed for my team for many reasons, but first and foremost, was because he provided key entry hazards for Lucario to net key OHKO's during the later stages of the game. Spikes and Toxic Spikes work together to weaken bulkier Pokemon such as Suicune, Celebi, Rotom-A, and Vaporeon, all of whom normally wall Lucario. Toxic Spikes, in particular really help Kingdra do his damage and eventually sweep. Fire/Water/Grass cores in particular, are extremely weak to the dual hazards that Forretress lays down. With the sudden spark in the aforementioned cores, my use of Forretress was justified. Secondly, Forretress supports my team by successfully using Rapid Spin. Spinning away other entry hazards is just as important as laying down my own. Furthermore, Forretress has great use later game. The problem with other Spikers, such as Roserade, is that they usually never get a second chance to set up the entry hazards, in case a Rapid Spinner comes along. Forretress, however, has great use later game. Pokemon such as Gengar, who normally threaten Lucario, are sent flying with a Payback, as even a Life Orb boosted Focus Blast won't defeat my Forretress, due to the use of a Careful nature.
  • EVs & Nature:
    • 252 HP helps to maximize Forretress' durability in the lead and out of lead spots, throughout various times in the battle.
    • 4 Def EVs were the leftover EVs that allow for slightly better Physical abuse.
    • 252 SpD EVs and a Careful nature allow Forretress to survive Sub Split Gengar's Focus Blast, weak Hidden Power Fires and take moves like Vaporeon's Surf a bit better.
  • Considered Changes
    Nothing at the moment.
  • Nickname Reasoning:
    Forretress is nicknamed Soap because Soap boasts a no-nonsense attitude. He wants things done the right way from the start. Of course, Forretress acts the same way on my team. Forry starts the operation from the beginning, by laying down the hazards.
  • tl;dr:
    Sets up Entry Hazards to net KO's for Luc.

Kingdra @ Leftovers
  • Ghost
  • Swift Swim
  • 144 HP | 160 Atk | 40 SpD | 164 Spe
  • Adamant Nature [+Atk, -SpA]
  • Moveset:
    • Dragon Dance - Dragon Dance allows Kingdra to wreak havoc on my opponents. +1 Speed and +1 Attack from one move is amazing, and Kingdra makes use of it. After one of these, whole team can be destroyed. Dragon Dance, in tandem with Rest, brought this specific set to such great use.
    • Waterfall - Waterfall is Kingra's primary STAB attack. This move, coupled with Outrage, provide an excellent Water/Dragon type-coverage that is only resisted by Empoleon and Shedinja in OU.
    • Outrage - Outrage is Kingdra's secondary STAB move that allows for remarkable damage even after just one Dragon Dance. Outrage is used sparingly, as this move could allow my opponents to have an opening to potentially cause harm.
    • Rest - Ah, Rest. Rest is the bread and butter of this set. Pokemon such as Starmie and Infernape attack Kingdra, thinking they've KO'd me while I "foolishly set up", only to be rudely awakened by a fully restored Kingra with a couple of Dragon Dances under his belt. Then, it's game.
  • Why this Pokemon?:
    Kingdra was the bi-product of many rates from Smogon and other various forums. Many raters, such as Faladran, suggested Suicune to help me with my Heatran and Tyranitar weakness. I, in response to the Suicune suggestions, decided to test it. I was impressed with Suicune, but his lack of longevity really hindered his effectiveness. So I went to thinking, and conjured up the idea of Chest Rest Kingdra. This idea was solidified upon Legendary_07's rate of this team, where he suggested that I should give Forretress Toxic Spikes instead of Stealth Rock, and make Heatran my rocker. Toxic Spikes are Chesto Rest Kingdra's best friend, which made the thought of Kingdra a reality. Kingdra's sweeping potential, coupled with his adequate defenses secured him a spot on my team. Lucario really appreciates the cleared path left by Kingdra, if he should die (which is extremely rare, by the way). Kingdra gave me my own Fire/Water/Grass core, while he, himself, is anti-metagame, fitting the goal of this team. Starmie, a common anti-metagame Pokemon, is stopped in his rein of terror by Kingdra, who instead of being defeated by Starmie, like his brother Dragon Dance set, is set-up fodder for Chesto Rest Kingdra. Although this set is not as surprising as it once was, many teams are still not prepared for it.
  • EVs & Nature:
    • 144 HP EVs allow for Kingdra to be considerably bulky, while at the same time powerful enough to conjure up a sweep.
    • 160 Atk EVs and an Adamant nature allow for the maximum amount of damage after all of the other EV's met their requirements.
    • 44 SpD EVs allow Kingdra to survive 2 LO Starmie attacks and +1 Suicune Ice Beam.
    • 164 Spe EVs allow Kingdra to outrun Jolly Flygon after 2 Dragon Dances.
  • Considered Changes
    Nothing at the moment (changes made.)
  • Nickname Reasoning:
    Kingdra is nicknamed Ghost because Ghost was an extremely powerful and hardened killer, kind of like Kingdra. Kingdra puts his life in danger by swapping in on all sorts of attacks, while also coming so close to becoming KO'd before his life is fully restored. Ghost's death paved the way for the rest of his team, while Kingdra does the same thing, in such a similar fashion.
  • tl;dr:
    Defeats Tyranitar and Heatran, while also defeating most F/W/G cores.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
  • Shepherd
  • Flash Fire
  • 240 SpA | 228 Spe | 40 HP
  • Modest Nature [+SpA, -Atk]
  • Moveset:
    • Fire Blast - Fire Blast is the obligatory STAB move that, coming off of base 130 Special Attack and a Modest nature, deals tremendous damage to anything, even those that resist it. This move, in particular, gets spammed repeatedly to rack up tons of damage with Entry Hazards.
    • Earth Power - Earth Power is the secondary attacking move on this set. It is mainly for other Heatran switch-ins, which to be honest, is not very hard to predict. Early game, when I know my opponent is going to switch out of the "obvious Fire Blast", I use Earth Power to hit whatever comes in--and more times than not, it's my opponent's Heatran.
    • Stealth Rock - Stealth Rock is a necessity on every team, and mine is no different. With the addition of Toxic Spikes on Forretress, my team lacked a rocker. Heatran was the best fit for the job, and he has done it well. Shuca Berry allows him to get Stealth Rock up more times than not.
    • Taunt - Taunt is a great move to have on Heatran. Unsuspecting Blissey come in on Heatran all the time, but how many actually carry Taunt? Taunt blocks not only Blissey, but other walls and set-uppers from causing problems to my team.
  • Why this Pokemon?:
    Heatran is an invaluable asset to my team. He provides both offensive and defensive synergy, which is one of the biggest reasons I chose to implement him in this team. He has amazing synergy with Forretress, absorbing those Fire-type attacks that say "gg" to him. Heatran, in tandem with Forretress, are my Entry Harzard setters. Stealth Rock was needed on my team, and Forretress had recently given up Stealth Rock for Toxic Spikes. Heatran was the best Pokemon to do the job. On the offensive end, Modest nature provides great power, which is even more magnified by the Spikes and Stealth Rock. Offensive Pressure keeps my opponents in check, no-matter what switches they may make. Furthermore, Heatran is there for punching holes into my opponent's team, by not only doing great damage, but by shutting down my opponent's Stall team with Taunt. Synergy-wise, Heatran, Celebi, and Kingdra form the infamous Fire/Water/Grass core, but with a twist, in that every member helps to defeat other Fire/Water/Grass cores. Heatran proved to be an invaluable member to my team.
  • EVs & Nature:
    • 240 SpA EVs and a Modest nature allow for massive hole-punching and power.
    • 228 Spe EVs were used to outspeed Breloom and other Modest Heatrans that use 216 Speed EVs.
    • 40 HP EVs were the leftover EVs that allow Heatran to survive various attacks.
  • Considered Changes
  • Nickname Reasoning:
    Heatran is nicknamed Shepherd because in Call of Duty, Shepherd is rather selfish. Heatran switches in on all Fire-type attacks and gets a boost, exhibiting selfish behavior. Shepherd pretty much does anything, much like Heatran. Heatran excels in both offense and defense, and pretty much helps in all aspects of a battle.
  • tl;dr:
    Offensive pressure, resists Fire-type attacks, sets up SR, Taunts stall.

Celebi @ Leftovers
  • Price
  • Natural Cure
  • 240 HP | 16 SpA | 252 Spe
  • Timid Nature [+Spe, -Atk]
  • Moveset:
    • Energy Ball - Energy was implemented on this set for STAB and very consistent damage. Energy Ball was chosen over Grass Knot because Energy Ball deals more damage to Vaporeon, who gives Agility Lucario some trouble.
    • Hidden Power Fire - This is Celebi's secondary attacking option on the set. This move takes out Skarmory, Scizor, and Forretress, all of whom can stop Lucario in his tracks from sweeping.
    • Leech Seed - Leech Seed, in tandem with Protect and the various entry hazards usually cause my opponents to go crazy, inevitably making them lose half their HP just for switching in.
    • Protect - Protect is an excellent move in tandem with the Toxic Spikes and Leech Seed. Protect also allows me to scout what choiced Pokemon will lock themselves into, thus, in turn, allowing me to react accordingly.
  • Why this Pokemon?:
    Celebi was actually chosen right after Heatran was for this team. The CeleTran combo works amazing, in addition to Kingdra, but that isn't necessarily why I have chosen to include them in the same team. What most people don't understand is that in an offensively-based team, you need to keep the pressure on, but that doesn't always mean you need to be using an attacking move. Protect and Leech Seed, on the contrary, apply more pressure on my opponent's, eventually limiting the amount of usable turns that they have. Secondly, Celebi was chosen for this team because he can act as a lure. Rotom, Forretress, Skarmory, and Scizor all trouble Agility Lucario from bringing home a clean sweep (CB Scizor Bullet Punch does 38-46%). Celebi is preeminent against the current Fire/Water/Grass cores because it pretty much walls the Grass-types, defeats the bulky Water-types, meanwhile crippling Fire-type switch-ins with Leech Seed, thus limiting their effectiveness. Celebi fit perfectly into my team.
  • EVs & Nature:
    • 16 SpA EVs allow for extra damage with my two attacks, Energy Ball and Hidden Power Fire.
    • 240 HP EVs allow Celebi to live a vast array of attacks, complemented by his 100/100/100 base defensive stats.
    • 252 Speed EVs were used to at least tie with all base 100's in the metagame. Tying with Jirachi and other Timid Celebi are great Pokemon to have a chance to defeat instead of always losing.
  • Considered Changes
  • Nickname Reasoning:
    Celebi was named Price, from Call of Duty, because Price is an all around sweet heart and genuine person...BUT he has a tough as diamonds attitude to get his duty accomplished. Celebi, in the same fashion, has a soft heart, but in a minute can turn aggressive when the going gets tough.
  • tl;dr:
    More synergy, in offense and defense, while luring in and defeating Rotom, Skarm, Scizor, etc.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
  • Nikolai
  • Levitate
  • 252 SpA | 252 Spe | 4 HP
  • Timid Nature [+Spe, -Atk]
  • Moveset:
    • Hydro Pump - Hydro Pump is great move to have, and a great selling point for my decision to use Rotom-W. Hydro Pump helps me against Infernape and the frequently used Heatran. Both of which I was a little weak to prior to the addition of Rotom-W.
    • Thunderbolt - Thunderbolt is the all important STAB move on the set. It hits Starmie, Gyarados, and Suicune for Super-Effective damage, also who I was previously weak to.
    • Shadow Ball - Rotom's secondary STAB option that deals with the rising Gengar and has great overall type-coverage with both Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt.
    • Trick - I know I've said this about a million times, in like every one of my past RMT's, but still to this day, it's my favorite move. Crippling Jirachi, Suicune, and bulky walls is just so relieving, especially to Lucario later game.
  • Why this Pokemon?:
    Looking at my team, I had only 1 or no definitive checks for the likes of Gyarados, CM Jirachi, Starmie, Heatran, Offensive Cune, and (to an extent) Infernape. Rotom-W could effectively defeat and/or cripple all of the aforementioned offensive threats. Defensively, I really wanted another Ground- and Fighting-type resist, because those types of moves are so widely spread. Only one Pokemon fit the desired criteria: Rotom-W. Scarf Rotom-W, at the time of the creation of this team, was a relatively new idea. People have just begun using the Specs version, which I felt surprised a lot of people. My team generally had a surprise factor to it, so I decided to go a little tricky and use Rotom-W as my revenger, instead of the known Scarf Rotom at that time, Rotom-H. The final reason as to why I went with Rotom-W, was for the chance of a momentum switch. Choiced Pursuit-users like Tyranitar and Scizor generally come in on my Shadow Balls, trap Rotom in with Pursuit, and think everything is just fine and dandy. Quite the contrary, actually. This gives me an opportunity to come in with Lucario, set up on the switch, or take the Pursuit, which Lucario 4x resists, and then proceed to sweep. Funny how things just fall into place, isn't it?
  • EVs & Nature:
    • 252 SpA EVs with a Timid nature allow for Rotom-W to do maximum damage with his wide array of powerful moves, without losing any important speed ties by going with Modest.
    • 252 Spe EVs allow Rotom-W to revenge a lot of opponents with a Choice Scarf equipped.
    • 4 HP EVs were the leftover EVs that allow Rotom-W to take some moves a tad bit better, no matter how much better, if at all.
  • Considered Changes
    Nothing at the moment.
  • Nickname Reasoning:
    Rotom-W is named Nikolai because in Call of Duty, Nikolai rescues the main character a countless amount of times. Rotom, here, manages to save my ass at least once in every battle, hence the heroic nickname.
  • tl;dr:
    REVENGE!!!!

Lucario @ Life Orb
  • Makarov
  • Inner Focus
  • 252 Atk | 252 Spe | 4 HP
  • Adamant Nature [+Atk, -SpA]
  • Moveset:
    • Agility - This is the bread and butter of the set. It is Lucario's set-up move that allow for him to sweep endlessly through my opponent's team.
    • Close Combat - Close Combat is Lucario's extremely powerful STAB option, and main sweeping move that causes such a ruckus. After the Entry Hazards, not much stands in Lucario's way with this move.
    • Crunch - This is Lucario's secondary attacking option that allows for the removal of Gengar, and all weakened Rotom. To a lesser extent, Cresselia is also managed in this way.
    • Ice Punch - Ice Punch is just a great overall coverage move. A popular would-be counter of Lucario is Gliscor, but Agility Lucario doesn't have to worry about him with this move. Other Pokemon, such as any and all Flygon, Breloom, and Zapdos also bite the dust (Zapdos after prior damage.)
  • Why this Pokemon?:
    I chose to build my team around the step-sister Lucario set, Agility Lucario, for that exact reason. All teams have to prepare for SD Lucario, or plain and simple you'll be swept, but not all, or any, prepare for this one. In a way, I was proving a point that any set could perform well in certain conditions. First of all, you need to have the right team support, exampled here, with my team, as far as I can see. Secondly, the metagame must be drawing attention to a certain aspect of it, in this case, it's the Fire/Water/Grass core. My team, along with Lucario, tears up this core, both inside and out, trying to reach a certain goal. Exploring the Fire/Water/Grass core led me to Agility Lucario, and here we are now. What a F/W/G team usually consists of is a bulky water, and if it's an offensive bulky water i.e., Gyarados, more times than not, Heatran will be the Fire component, paired with either Celebi or Shaymin. If not, i.e. Vaporeon, more times than not, Celebi will be the Grass component, while Heatran will almost always be the Fire-type. Along with these 3 types, a Ghost-type is almost always present. This team was made in order to test this theory, and sure enough, according to August stats, shortly prior to when this team was made, Gyarados was Heatran's second most used partner. Gyarados' most used partner was Heatran, while Celebi's top two were both Heatran and Gyarados, respectively. Meanwhile, Gengar quickly rose to 3rd most overall used, as I had suspected. A common trend showed that the Fire/Water/Grass core could be impacted heavily by Lucario. Pokemon that really surfaced in this time period (Starmie) are not mentioned because they are handled in a different way, before they can cause harm. In short, Lucario was chosen because his ideal conditions to sweep were right there, waiting for him on a silver platter with his name on it.
  • EVs & Nature:
    • 252 Atk EVs with an Adamant nature allow for Lucario to have the biggest impact late game, by putting out the largest damage output.
    • 252 Spe EVs allow Lucario to outrun almost every Pokemon in the game after an Agility, while outpacing positive-natured Heatran before the boost.
    • 4 HP EVs were the leftover EVs that don't do anything.
  • Considered Changes
    Nothing at the moment.
  • Nickname Reasoning:
    Lucario is given the name Makarov, because both Makarov in Call of Duty, and Lucario are mass murderers. They sweep through countless people taking innocent civilian's lives. Fear the jackal.
  • tl;dr:
    F/W/G core was weak to Agility Lucario and his team support.

Conclusion

So, this is my team. I had so much fun making this team, using this team, and winning with this team. I hope you all have had a great time reading this post, as I've had a great time writing it up. The sad part is that Generation 4 is near over. Generation 4 has been a very wild ride for me. I started playing competitively when Garchomp was OU, then the amazing competitive experience really skyrocketed for me. I've had fun, and I think we all have, but now we all need to make room for Gen 5, with the release of Pokemon Black and White. Have a good day, and thanks for reading!

Also, I have included a Shoddy Battle log, to further prove the epicness of my team as of now. Legendary_07's changes proved remarkable. (Also, my alt account is SoulSurfer... Don't ask.) Here it is:

Code:
Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Self-KO Clause, Soul Dew Clause
LebanonsElite sent out Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
SoulSurfer sent out Forretress (lvl 100 Forretress ?).
LebanonsElite switched in Weezing (lvl 100 Weezing ?).
Forretress used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
---
SoulSurfer switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
Weezing used Fire Blast.
Heatran's Flash Fire raised its fire power!
---
LebanonsElite switched in Blissey (lvl 100 Blissey ?).
Blissey was hurt by Spikes!
Blissey lost 12% of its health.
Heatran used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Blissey's leftovers restored its health a little!
Blissey restored 6% of its health.
---
Heatran used Taunt.
Blissey fell for the taunt!
Blissey can't use Thunder Wave after the taunt!
---
Heatran used Fire Blast.
Blissey lost 36% of its health.
Blissey used Seismic Toss.
Heatran lost 30% of its health.
---
SoulSurfer switched in Celebi (lvl 100 Celebi).
Celebi lost 25% of its health.
Celebi's leftovers restored its health a little!
Celebi restored 6% of its health.
---
Celebi used Leech Seed.
Blissey was seeded!
Celebi lost 25% of its health.
Blissey's health was sapped by leech seed!
Celebi regained health!
Celebi restored 20% of its health.
---
LebanonsElite switched in Gyarados (lvl 100 Gyarados ?).
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Celebi's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Gyarados.
Gyarados lost 25% of its health.
Celebi used Energy Ball.
Gyarados lost 32% of its health.
---
Celebi used Energy Ball.
Gyarados lost 30% of its health.
Gyarados used Bounce.
Gyarados bounced up!
---
Celebi used Protect.
Celebi protected itself!
Gyarados used Bounce.
Celebi protected itself!
Celebi restored 5% of its health.
---
Celebi used Energy Ball.
Gyarados lost 14% of its health.
LebanonsElite's Gyarados fainted.
---
LebanonsElite switched in Skarmory (lvl 100 Skarmory ?).
Pointed stones dug into Skarmory.
Skarmory lost 12% of its health.
Celebi used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Skarmory lost 47% of its health.
Skarmory used Brave Bird.
It's super effective!
Celebi lost 62% of its health.
Skarmory was hit by recoil!
Skarmory lost 26% of its health.
Skarmory's leftovers restored its health a little!
Skarmory restored 6% of its health.
---
Celebi used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Skarmory lost 21% of its health.
LebanonsElite's Skarmory fainted.
---
LebanonsElite switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
A sandstorm brewed!
Tyranitar was hurt by Spikes!
Tyranitar lost 12% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar.
Tyranitar lost 12% of its health.
Celebi used Energy Ball.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 38% of its health.
Tyranitar used Dragon Dance.
Tyranitar's attack was raised.
Tyranitar's speed was raised.
The sandstorm rages.
Celebi is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Celebi lost 6% of its health.
---
Tyranitar used Crunch.
It's super effective!
Celebi lost 51% of its health.
SoulSurfer's Celebi fainted.
Tyranitar lost 10% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
SoulSurfer switched in Rotom-w (lvl 100 Rotom-w).
Rotom-w used Hydro Pump.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 27% of its health.
LebanonsElite's Tyranitar fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
Rotom-w is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Rotom-w lost 6% of its health.
---
LebanonsElite switched in Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Lucario was hurt by Spikes!
Lucario lost 12% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Lucario.
Lucario lost 3% of its health.
SoulSurfer switched in Forretress (lvl 100 Forretress ?).
Lucario used Crunch.
It's not very effective...
Forretress lost 10% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Forretress's leftovers restored its health a little!
Forretress restored 6% of its health.
---
LebanonsElite switched in Weezing (lvl 100 Weezing ?).
Pointed stones dug into Weezing.
Weezing lost 12% of its health.
Forretress used Toxic Spikes.
Toxic Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
The sandstorm rages.
Weezing is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Weezing lost 6% of its health.
Weezing's leftovers restored its health a little!
Weezing restored 6% of its health.
Forretress's leftovers restored its health a little!
Forretress restored 4% of its health.
---
SoulSurfer switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
Weezing used Thunder.
Weezing's attack missed!
The sandstorm rages.
Weezing is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Weezing lost 6% of its health.
Weezing's leftovers restored its health a little!
Weezing restored 6% of its health.
---
Heatran used Fire Blast.
Weezing lost 88% of its health.
LebanonsElite's Weezing fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
LebanonsElite switched in Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Lucario was hurt by Spikes!
Lucario lost 12% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Lucario.
Lucario lost 3% of its health.
SoulSurfer switched in Rotom-w (lvl 100 Rotom-w).
Lucario used Crunch.
It's super effective!
Rotom-w lost 79% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Rotom-w is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Rotom-w lost 6% of its health.
---
Lucario used Bullet Punch.
Rotom-w lost 9% of its health.
SoulSurfer's Rotom-w fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
SoulSurfer switched in Kingdra (lvl 100 Kingdra ?).
Lucario used Close Combat.
Kingdra lost 64% of its health.
Lucario's defence was lowered.
Lucario's special defence was lowered.
Kingdra used Dragon Dance.
Kingdra's attack was raised.
Kingdra's speed was raised.
The sandstorm rages.
Kingdra is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Kingdra lost 6% of its health.
---
Lucario used Bullet Punch.
Kingdra lost 12% of its health.
Kingdra used Rest.
Kingdra fell asleep!
Kingdra's Chesto Berry cured its Sleep!
Kingdra restored 82% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Kingdra used Waterfall.
Lucario lost 70% of its health.
LebanonsElite's Lucario fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
LebanonsElite switched in Blissey (lvl 100 Blissey ?).
Blissey was hurt by Spikes!
Pointed stones dug into Blissey.
Blissey was poisoned!
Blissey was poisoned by the Toxic Spikes!
SoulSurfer: gg
Kingdra used Outrage.
Kingdra went on a rampage!
Blissey lost 45% of its health.
LebanonsElite's Blissey fainted.
SoulSurfer wins!
Also, all credit for the layout goes to CAL-Ciaran.

OK,i`ve noticed that this team can be pretty SpecTeon weak as it outruns every pokemon on your team and it can get a pretty good hit off on any of them with shadow ball.

i would change Rotom- W to Choice Band ttar.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
252 atk/252 spe/4 HP
Adamant
~Pursuit
~Crunch
~Earth Power
~Rock slide

this thing has 614 base attack and will run jolteon right down with pursuit when they try to switch,.
that is why i suggest it.

Jolteon isn't really a problem at all, despite his ability to outrun a large majority of my team. Dragonite easily revenges it with Extremespeed after Entry Hazard damage, Heatran can come in safely on everything but Thunderbolt, and Celebi will come in on anything but Shadow Ball. Furthermore, Rotom-W easily revenges it, by coming in on Thunderbolt/HP something/Signal Beam. I think you're over exaggerating Jolteon a little bit.

Besides, even if I went with CB Tar over Scarf Rotom, I would lose my opportunity to defeat/cripple certain Pokemon such as CM Jirachi with Flash Cannon, Suicune, and Starmie.

Thanks for the rate, though.

Jolteon isn't really a problem at all, despite his ability to outrun a large majority of my team. Dragonite easily revenges it with Extremespeed after Entry Hazard damage, Heatran can come in safely on everything but Thunderbolt, and Celebi will come in on anything but Shadow Ball. Furthermore, Rotom-W easily revenges it, by coming in on Thunderbolt/HP something/Signal Beam. I think you're over exaggerating Jolteon a little bit.

Besides, even if I went with CB Tar over Scarf Rotom, I would lose my opportunity to defeat/cripple certain Pokemon such as CM Jirachi with Flash Cannon, Suicune, and Starmie.

Thanks for the rate, though.
How does rotom beat CM Jirachi? >.>

It doesn't necessarily beat it. It cripples it by tricking it the Choice Scarf, rendering it useless if it gets locked into Calm Mind. If it goes for Thunderbolt, Celebi and Rotom can usually handle it. If it locks itself in Flash Cannon, Heatran and rotom usually handle it.

Rotom seems like it would be effected by flash cannon,and people will use it for revenge killing later.

they would switch if you used heatran agaisnt flash cannon.

You're not getting the point. I see what CB Tar has to offer, and to me, the cons outweigh the benefits, which really only is against Jolteon. T-tar gives me 3 weaknesses to Ground and Fighting, both heavily used attacking options, and merits me with an Infernape weakness, by losing my secondary check to it in Rotom. Sorry, but I disagree with using Tyranitar on this team. Think to yourself. How does this really help Agility Lucario more than Rotom-W does? Rotom-W eats Skarm and does heavy damage to all sorts of sweepers out there.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
How does rotom beat CM Jirachi? >.>
Trick.

Cool team, uses a number of lures to set up the agility luke sweep ect, looks cool. EQ/Taunt/U-Turn Gliscor looks like an issue, as dnite/rotom are both easily beaten by a good number of pokes (and rocks, and both lack recovery of any sort), and it beats the rest of your team. Prediction beats it though, if you switch in rotom on an eq then you get a free turn. Idk how much of a threat it actually is, but really cool team otherwise.

Trick.

Cool team, uses a number of lures to set up the agility luke sweep ect, looks cool. EQ/Taunt/U-Turn Gliscor looks like an issue, as dnite/rotom are both easily beaten by a good number of pokes (and rocks, and both lack recovery of any sort), and it beats the rest of your team. Prediction beats it though, if you switch in rotom on an eq then you get a free turn. Idk how much of a threat it actually is, but really cool team otherwise.
Thanks for the nice words. Gliscor is a tiny problem early game, but after the momentum swings my way, he's easily gone.

p.s. That's another reason why T-tar isn't made for this team.

+1 WishCM Jirachi Flash Cannon vs. his rotom: 24.9% - 29.9%. Obviously flash cannon isn't an issue.

Also I'm not really sure if stealing the team's revenge killer + check to an extreme variety of threats to replace it with a Pokemon that only moderately stops Specs Jolt when he has several checks on board is a good idea.

Specs Thunderbolt vs. CB Tar: 80.3% - 94.8%
Specs Thunderbolt vs. CS Rotom-w: 60.2% - 71% (this bro outspeeds)
Specs Thunderbolt vs. Tinkerbell Celebi: 38.8% - 45.9%

I think this team does just fine against Jolteon and, even if it didn't, Tyranitar is not the way to fix it.

Anyways, onto my own rate. This team is very cool and has excellent presentation (although I must be the only person at my school who doesn't have CoD). You have indeed discovered a pretty anti-metagame strategy, and there aren't many problems with the team. The only suggestion I have is a way to streamline the team, if you will.

Currently, I think that Roserade can not only run a similar set but also set up spikes in Celebi's place. Here's the set:

@ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def
-Spikes
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power (Fire) / Stun Spore
-Rest

As you can see, Roserade possesses greater special attack and special bulk, plus an ability to set up spikes. Unfortunately, she does have extremely low physical defense, but even so, Roserade can set up on the inevitable bulky water every team is likely to have and frees up's Forry's spot.

As far as rocks, Heatran can switch to the lead position and set them up. Just run stealth rock > Hidden Power, Overheat > Fire Blast and Modest > Timid. This allows you to run a Pokemon I think would be beneficial to the team, CM Suicune. She too can abuse the spikes rather competently, and has great synergy with the rest of the team. Suicune completes your own f/w/g core, and, if Heatran explodes on Blissey/Vaporeon, can sweep entire teams. I think having a back-up sweeper would do you some good.

I know this is a lot of changes, but I think they're for the best- there's nothing really wrong with the team right now, but I think this will make it better and easier to use. I hope this helps, excellent RMT.

Great team and presentation! I also like how how you've made some unique team choices; Agility Lucario with entry hazard support can be really effective at sweeping through opponents. Probably one of the most notable threats to this team is DD Tyranitar, which can set up on either Heatran or Rotom-w and proceed to sweep through your team. Opposing Heatran can also be somewhat problematic, considering your lack of a bulky Water-type. Although Dragonite can check Heatran quite well, its weakness to Stealth Rock and lack of recovery will ensure that it won't be able to survive for long. While your own Heatran can switch into Fire-type attacks, it needs to rely on a speed tie to beat opposing Heatran, who unfortunately will often be carrying Shuca Berries. To fix up this issue, it may be worth replacing Dragonite with an offensively-minded bulky Water such as Suicune. Since Dragonite's purpose on this team is to help out against Stall, the following Suicune set may be able to accomplish a similar purpose:

[box]

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Roar
[/box]
This set is basically a combination of phazing ability and offensive firepower. With access to Calm Mind and the given EVs, Suicune is capable of boosting its Special bulk to extremely high levels. Surf and Ice Beam provide you with solid STAB and coverage, allowing you to sweep weakened opposing teams. Roar may be a bit unusual on this set, but it allows you to rack up entry hazard damage by forcing switches, and prevents you from being completely stopped by Special walls such as Blissey or Snorlax. The given EVs maximize Suicune's high HP stat, while allowing you to outspeed threats such as opposing Heatran, Adamant Lucario, and Jolly Gyarados.

Suicune should be bulky enough to survive an attack from DD Tyranitar and retaliate back with Surf, but Tyranitar remains among the biggest threats to this team. One additional change you can make would be to replace Celebi with a Shaymin, who tends to work better offensively and doesn't possess Celebi's weakness to Dark-type moves. Sets such as standard LO and Leech Seed + Protect both work well with Spikes support, and can put a lot of additional pressure on the opponent.

Good luck with your team!

+1 WishCM Jirachi Flash Cannon vs. his rotom: 24.9% - 29.9%. Obviously flash cannon isn't an issue.

Also I'm not really sure if stealing the team's revenge killer + check to an extreme variety of threats to replace it with a Pokemon that only moderately stops Specs Jolt when he has several checks on board is a good idea.

Specs Thunderbolt vs. CB Tar: 80.3% - 94.8%
Specs Thunderbolt vs. CS Rotom-w: 60.2% - 71% (this bro outspeeds)
Specs Thunderbolt vs. Tinkerbell Celebi: 38.8% - 45.9%

I think this team does just fine against Jolteon and, even if it didn't, Tyranitar is not the way to fix it.

Anyways, onto my own rate. This team is very cool and has excellent presentation (although I must be the only person at my school who doesn't have CoD). You have indeed discovered a pretty anti-metagame strategy, and there aren't many problems with the team. The only suggestion I have is a way to streamline the team, if you will.

Currently, I think that Roserade can not only run a similar set but also set up spikes in Celebi's place. Here's the set:

@ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def
-Spikes
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power (Fire) / Stun Spore
-Rest

As you can see, Roserade possesses greater special attack and special bulk, plus an ability to set up spikes. Unfortunately, she does have extremely low physical defense, but even so, Roserade can set up on the inevitable bulky water every team is likely to have and frees up's Forry's spot.

As far as rocks, Heatran can switch to the lead position and set them up. Just run stealth rock > Hidden Power, Overheat > Fire Blast and Modest > Timid. This allows you to run a Pokemon I think would be beneficial to the team, CM Suicune. She too can abuse the spikes rather competently, and has great synergy with the rest of the team. Suicune completes your own f/w/g core, and, if Heatran explodes on Blissey/Vaporeon, can sweep entire teams. I think having a back-up sweeper would do you some good.

I know this is a lot of changes, but I think they're for the best- there's nothing really wrong with the team right now, but I think this will make it better and easier to use. I hope this helps, excellent RMT.
First off, I'd like to thank you for backing me up on the whole T-tar situation.

Roserade is actually something I was considering, despite the fact that I never really had much luck with the bulkier sets. I may try this out. I'll put it under the considered changes list.

Onto freeing up a spot for Suicune, I'll definitely try it out, as both you and Faladran have suggested it.

@ Faladran: Yeah, Suicune is a good option. I'll try it. About Shaymin, I'll put that as a considered change to Celebi. Thanks again.

Hey, I received your PM. There is no doubt that this is a really solid team. Firstly, Smith got the calculation of Specs Thunderbolt wrong vs. CBTar, but I also agree that Choice Band Tyranitar is not a good replacement for this team.

I honestly cannot find any huge weaknesses, although there are some slight ones. Tyranitar has its way with this team and can potentially even muster a sweep, as it is barely 2HKOed by Rotom's Hydro Pump, so you cannot put it into Extremespeed range for Dragonite. After Rotom is down, Tyranitar has the ability to sweep your team cold. Heatran also has its way with your team. The only Pokemon that can survive one attack from Life Orb Heatran, is Dragonite, who is outrun and KOed anyway. Outside of these two Pokemon, you seem to have your bases covered quite well. I would like you to test two different Pokemon over Dragonite and Rotom-w. These two are Scarf Flygon and Gengar. Scarf Flygon is a much better Heatran check than Dragonite, although it is still 2HKOed by Specs Overheat. However it has the benefit of outrunning Heatran, which allows you to deal with it via Earthquake. Flygon remains a really solid check to Tyranitar as well.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly | Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Outrage / Earthquake / Stone Edge / U-turn

Although you are replacing Rotom-w, your team is not really open to offensive Suicune, Lucario and Jirachi; Life Orb Heatran is the best CMWishRachi check in the game, in my opinion. Gyarados is also covered by Flygon and Celebi. What Gengar adds to the table, is something that can really threaten stall. With Dragonite being replaced by Scarf Flygon, your team becomes quite open to stall teams. Gengar is really a pain [bad pun] to most stall teams provided you play it carefully and don't let it get revenged by a ScarfTar.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid | Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Substitute / Shadow Ball / Pain Split / Focus Blast

With Gengar replacing Rotom, you become slightly open to offensive Suicune and Bullet Punch Lucario. Therefore I would like you to consider 184 Spe Timid on Celebi and a Life Orb. This allows Celebi to outrun both of these Pokemon and OHKO both comfortably, even if Cune is at +1, although you may need a bit of prior damage. You should also definitely consider Earth Power to limit the chances Heatran comes in vs. your Pokemon as you are still quite weak to it.

Good team and good luck!

Thanks, Heist, for the great rate.

Heatran does give me a little bit of a problem, so I'm going to try both Flygon and Gengar and see how they work out.

Just a note: I'm going to wait until I have a few more rates before I go and make any changes to the initial post.

I know it's been a couple of weeks since I posted this RMT, but according to the RMT rules, I am allowed to bump the team if sufficient changes have been made to the team. I changed Dragonite to Kingdra and changed Heatran, Forretress', and Celebi's sets around. The reason I waited so long to update the initial post was so i could analyze the rates on other forums and see what I wanted to change.

So what do you all think of my team as of now?

I'd also actually like to back the earlier suggestion for a Spikes Roserade set. Simply put, Agility Lucario adores Spikes. Without Spikes damage, numerous pokemon are simply going to stop its sweep, which you're not at all guaranteed to deal with with your other pokemon. When you do have Spikes down, the number of reliable counters to Agility Lucario goes from some pretty big number to like 2 or something.

I'd also actually like to back the earlier suggestion for a Spikes Roserade set. Simply put, Agility Lucario adores Spikes. Without Spikes damage, numerous pokemon are simply going to stop its sweep, which you're not at all guaranteed to deal with with your other pokemon. When you do have Spikes down, the number of reliable counters to Agility Lucario goes from some pretty big number to like 2 or something.
I am aware that Spikes helps Agility Lucario, which is why I have Forretress who has Spikes and Toxic Spikes... Forry, in my opinion is a better Spiker than Roserade.

I didnt read all the previous rates so sorry if these have been suggested. Im not trying to completely change your team, these are just things to try. First i think you should combine celebi and forteress into lead roserade. Forteress is just not a good lead (loses to wayyyyyy to much stuff. Skarm is a better lead then forteress if you want spikes). Change rotom to sub painsplit set. Or a defensive set with reflect. Now you have a gengar weakness. Try a togekiss over kingdra. And a scarf flygon in the open slot to help with ttar and jolteon. Can also u-turn on a starmie that killed rotom and wants to spin. Use toxic spikes on roserade. Kingdra can still be used over rotom, though that gives you a slight gyrados weakness. And you lose your spin blocker. Skarm can be used over togekiss if you want spikes.The team should go:
1)roserade
2)heatran
3)flygon
4)rotom/kingdra
5)togekiss/skarm
6)lucario

Either go rotom+togekiss, rotom/skarm, or kingdra+togekiss. Dont go skarm+kingdra since you wont have a spin blocker.

Your not a noob so im not gonna post the sets i suggested since im sure you know them. Im only gonna post the togekiss and heatran ones since their different:

Togekiss@lefties/lum
252hp 252spD 4def calm
~air slash
~aura sphere/light screen/fire blast/hp ice/ancient power
~wish/roost
~protect/light screen/fire blast/ice/ancient power

Light screen helps luke set up as well as helping your team counter zapdos/rotom. Works well with your reflect rotom. Wish can heal luke to give him a second chance to sweep. Heatran and kingdra are also good recipients of wish. Protect works well with toxic spikes, as does air slash. Lum can protect you from breloom, rotoms discharge hax, and blissey/vaporeons toxic. Aura sphere is the first option to stop ttar from setting up on you and hits heatran. Fire blast stops skarm and forteress from setting up on you. Protect scouts choice sets. Hp ice hits dragonite and gliscor. If you get an ancient power boost offensive teams will never take you down.

Heatran@leftovers
252hp 252spD 4spa calm OR
252hp 52spD 200spe timid
~Stealth rock
~flamethrower
~protect/taunt/earthpower/hp electic/explosion/roar
~taunt/earthpower/elecric/explosion/roar
You know what the slashes are for. Protect is the first option since it helps scout choice earthquakes. The second spread has enough speed to outrun brelooms punk ass (and adament gyrados). You lose alot of bulk though. Explosion is a great option to remove tentacruel who can absorb your spikes.

Thanks for the rate. I actually DO have Shuca Tran already with SR, and albeit Forry doesn't match-up against many great leads, but he does come in handy later game, to set up Spikes and Toxic Spikes. I need both for my team. Kingdra benefits from the Toxic Spikes and Lucario benefits more from Spikes. I am really adamant against using Roserade. I've tried it before and I disliked his effectiveness on this team. Forretress is just overall bulkier. As far as Flygon and Gengar go, I'll try that too and see how that works.

Posting again to make sure he sees this...did a MASSIVE edit on my rate so check that out. This can be deleted when he sees

Ok, thanks. That edit really cleared things up, lol. I liked the Togekiss suggestion, and I'll definitely try it. Kingdra actually sets up on Gengar, as he can live Gengar's Shadow Ball, so that's usually not a problem. You seem like such an advocate for Flygon, and with good reason, as you've provided many reason. I'll definitely try that, as it seems beneficial.

Also, I still like Forry as a lead. Sorry if I seem stubborn. It's nothing personal, it's just my preference.

Ok, thanks. That edit really cleared things up, lol. I liked the Togekiss suggestion, and I'll definitely try it. Kingdra actually sets up on Gengar, as he can live Gengar's Shadow Ball, so that's usually not a problem. You seem like such an advocate for Flygon, and with good reason, as you've provided many reason. I'll definitely try that, as it seems beneficial.

Also, I still like Forry as a lead. Sorry if I seem stubborn. It's nothing personal, it's just my preference.
Yeah but sub gengar stll beatts you. Kingdra is 2hkod by life orb shadow ball so it will only break the sub before biteing the dust. Ok if forrey works for you then keep it. You might be able to split the team into 2. 1 based off a kingdra sweep with toxic spikes and 1 based off a lucario sweep with spikes. Its up to you though. Great team nun the less

Hi sandslashPWNS,

I miss special ops in Black ops. That was one of my favorite things in Modern Warfare 2. Anyway, interesting team you've got, and I'm glad you've had success. The first thing I noticed however, is that your team is incredibly Infernape weak. Nothing besides scarfed Rotom-a outspeeds, and everything is OHKOed by one of Infernape's STAB Moves be it Fire Blast or Close Combat. In order to retain as much synergy as possible, I'm going to suggest that you change your Chesto Rest Kingdra to Vaporeon. It is still of the water type, and while you lose your 2nd sweeper, you gain the ability to counter more and rack up residual damage with Roar and Spikes. It should also help you with switching into Heatran, which seems sketchy at best. Here is the Vaporeon set I reccomend:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Def / 64 Sp Def
Nature: Bold
-Wish
-Surf
-Roar
-Protect
Good luck with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)