Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Just a question..
My target frame for Method 1 is 153. How many times do I have to advance the frame before talking to the Delivery Man? I'm on Soul Silver, Cerulean City Pokemart, no moving NPC's.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Radio is the easiest method to advance Elm calls.
As long as it's not Buena's Password, the bottom right station will advance your frame by 1 each time you tune to it.

If you push the button (on the touch screen) so that it tunes to that, and then hold up (on the D-Pad) until the cursor is back in the middle of the radio (don't go Left to get perfect centre, just go up and stop AT the centre).
With a bit of practise you can advance frames 2-3 times / second like this.
Those 152 advances would take about 2 minutes, whereas it would take about 20 using Elm calls.
If you go too high and tune to the top right station, switch back to Elm calls, and see where you are in the list (using RNGReporter). It will advance ~14-18 frames, so just start looking from that many ahead of where you were before.

If you're really that opposed to the radio though, Calling Youngster Joey will advance 2 frames at a time. Will still take a while to do all the advances, but it'll get you there.

Radio is the easiest method to advance Elm calls.
As long as it's not Buena's Password, the bottom right station will advance your frame by 1 each time you tune to it.

If you push the button (on the touch screen) so that it tunes to that, and then hold up (on the D-Pad) until the cursor is back in the middle of the radio (don't go Left to get perfect centre, just go up and stop AT the centre).
With a bit of practise you can advance frames 2-3 times / second like this.
Those 152 advances would take about 2 minutes, whereas it would take about 20 using Elm calls.
If you go too high and tune to the top right station, switch back to Elm calls, and see where you are in the list (using RNGReporter). It will advance ~14-18 frames, so just start looking from that many ahead of where you were before.

If you're really that opposed to the radio though, Calling Youngster Joey will advance 2 frames at a time. Will still take a while to do all the advances, but it'll get you there.
Using the top radio station is 13 or 14 frames advanced not 14-18.

Its hexadecimal or base 16 I believe. What's the last letter/number?
I checked my hatched Abra first, it's PID is 41eeb335 which make Timid Ability 1.

Magic Guard is ability 1 as well, so the last digit has to be odd?
By the way, can you get a Super Luck Absol from Emerald?

Edit:
Ok here's some information I found on my laptop in one of my notepads on emerald rnging :P

If the PID ends with 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 or B, D, F it is ability 1.
If the PID ends with 0, 2, 4, 6, 8 or A, C, E it is ability 0.
This info is incredibly useful :) Thanks

I don't technically need help but I wanted to share this interesting story with you guys.

I decided to go for the best Modest HP Electric Heatran that I could and, since I land on even delays, the frame was 2835. So I had to do 1417 journal flips to get there!!!

So I hit my seed and started the joyous process of 70 sets of 20 journal flips. I finally hit my final journal flip and prepared to exit out of the journal. But I pressed the wrong button to exit out! I then, accidentally, did at least 2 more journal flips. Well, as you can imagine, I was upset but I decided to catch the Heatran anyways. It turns out that this particular seed was one of the seeds that allows you to be able get your wanted IV set and nature multiple times and I ended up landing on another frame that also worked!!!

Not bad for a first RNG on Platinum huh?

Edit: this is what I got...

Heatran—Stark Mountain (Luxury Ball)
Flash Fire
Modest- UT lvl 50
31/23/31/30/31/31
Hidden Power Electric

I just experienced something weird. While picking up my Egg on Day-Care (Soul Silver), the frame already advanced by 2 as I entered the game. There were no Roamers, I checked the map. I flied around and still no roamers. Then I just have to subtract those 2 advanced frames to finally get my target frame. Took me 2 hours to realize that the game advances it by 2 frames as I enter the game, but I was hitting the right delay. >.>

I just experienced something weird. While picking up my Egg on Day-Care (Soul Silver), the frame already advanced by 2 as I entered the game. There were no Roamers, I checked the map. I flied around and still no roamers. Then I just have to subtract those 2 advanced frames to finally get my target frame. Took me 2 hours to realize that the game advances it by 2 frames as I enter the game, but I was hitting the right delay. >.>
there is a wandering NPC at the bottom of route 34

Even though you are right and this is more than likely the problem, I have experienced what he said before. I have bread at least 50 different Pokemon and twice now the game will just tack on a frame or two even though I know it isn't the NPC. I know this because I would sit there and try to hit my seed for quite a while and every time the game would start one or two frames ahead. Then I would go to do the IVs and it would go back to normal.

Does he/she move?

Even though you are right and this is more than likely the problem, I have experienced what he said before. I have bread at least 50 different Pokemon and twice now the game will just tack on a frame or two even though I know it isn't the NPC. I know this because I would sit there and try to hit my seed for quite a while and every time the game would start one or two frames ahead. Then I would go to do the IVs and it would go back to normal.
If it wasn't the NPC, what do you think would the cause of frame advancements might be? I tried going around the whole route, and never saw someone moved. This is my first time after breeding for like 10 16 eggs @.@

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Does he/she move?@
It's the kid at the bottom. He turns.

There has to be something else that goes on too though. I've entered the game on frame 4 before. This isn't explained by 1 NPC in the fraction of a second before I open the menu.

Yes the NPC moves, but quite slowly so it doesnt advance the frame MOST of the time.
But I believe it depends on your save state. If the NPC was just about to move when you saved, then I believe it will be more likely to advance the frame before you grab the egg. Well at least that's what I've noticed and what I believe.
But as it is the only one and it's moving rather slowly (at least compared to NPCs in some pokemarts or even the ones on the daycare route in DPPt), it doesnt happen quite often.
Happened to me a couple times over a hundred RNG breeding on SS.

So I've decided to practice RNGing for IVs. I did everything the guide tell me to do. I calibrated for my average delay, put down the parents' IVs in the Time Finder, etc. But when I click generate on the Time Finder I get...nothing. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You're probably searching with too many qualifiers. You have no seed that fits the criteria.

@megametal: what kind of range did you input for frame and delay? might want to raise them, or settle for lesser IVs... Or maybe your parents IVs are not good enough? (I guess you have at least 2 or 3 of the IVs you wanna pass on each of your parents)

@ToastPlusOne: on a side note is this a new version of your timer? I tried it couple weeks ago following a post of yours but it didn't work (calculated a "1st time" of a few seconds) but I like the beep sequences and the fact that it doesnt use windows beeps (drive me crazy since I've had to enable it for pikatimer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)