Call of Duty: Black Ops

Black Ops should implement the same spawning system as Bad Company 2. Honestly. The game would be semi-perfect.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is that modern warfare 3 or the black ops sequel? A sequel for black ops is obvious, especielly when you consider that since this takes place all over the world (Cuba, Artic, Russia, Vietnam) they could probably make a whole game for each place.
I'm pretty sure Activision isn't allowed to make any more Modern Warfare games. I'm not even sure which team is making it. I highly doubt it will be the same as the Black Ops team and it's guaranteed to not be the same team as Modern Warfare 2.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For any British users, there's a rumour going round that this will be £25 at Sainsbury's. Definitely going to buy and enjoy this if it is at that price!
It was last year with MW2, but the copies go FAST so you need to be there at opening or forget about it.

I'm pretty sure Activision isn't allowed to make any more Modern Warfare games. I'm not even sure which team is making it. I highly doubt it will be the same as the Black Ops team and it's guaranteed to not be the same team as Modern Warfare 2.
Wait don't you mean Infinity Ward isn't allowed to anymore?

I'm pretty sure Activision are just the producers, not the developers. IW and Treyarch were taking turns every other year developing a new CoD.

Personally I think Call of Duty 2 was the best one, I still love that game to this day. =)

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wikipedia says Modern Warfare 3. Take it for what it's worth, the sources aren't very confident in the claim.
The source is IGN and IGN didn't list where they heard it from. IGN is the site that adds any game they think is coming out.

Wait don't you mean Infinity Ward isn't allowed to anymore?

I'm pretty sure Activision are just the producers, not the developers. IW and Treyarch were taking turns every other year developing a new CoD.

Personally I think Call of Duty 2 was the best one, I still love that game to this day. =)
Infinity Ward doesn't really exist anymore the way it used to. About half the staff left last year including all the senior employees / team leads. I'm not sure if Vince Zampella and Jason West own the rights to the name or if it's whatever is left at Infinity Ward.

By "Activision isn't allowed anymore" I meant that Activision wouldn't be able to use the name to publish a new game.

If you're looking forward to a new game by the folks who made Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and Modern Warfare 2, you should be looking at Respawn Entertainment's next game as that's where they are.

With Infinity Ward as crippled as it is, I don't think they're the ones in charge of the next CoD game. Activision has plenty of B-level studios to knock one out for next year. CoD fans will but whatever has the words "Call of Duty" plastered on it and that's what they'll bank on.

Haha, with school I can't stay out until like 1, I need sleeeep ;_;.

I'm definitely going to try to go pick it up tomorrow though, I'm sure Best Buy will have a few copies.

As my entertainment budget shrinks I guess I won't be picking up that lego AT-AT this month, sigh.

What guns do you guys think will be good? I see the fall of dominance of the three bursts because without stopping power they will get much more two bursts. I have heard the ak74u and commando might be powerful.

What guns do you guys think will be good? I see the fall of dominance of the three bursts because without stopping power they will get much more two bursts. I have heard the ak74u and commando might be powerful.
You're right about the 3 bursts. Have you seen the G11? Holy shit it's broken. 48 round clip, 3 round burst, small space between bullets in burst and small time between actual bursts. Commando is supposed to be high tier, and the AK74u is probably going to be the best SMG, but the G11 just rapes everything. It even has great hipfire. :S So Treyarch nerfed Snipers and then gave the G11 a scope haha what.

i honestly wouldn't say anything is broken right now i mean the game just came out .-.
im grounded which fucking sucks so i can't get it yet, but when i do im pretty pumped to use the mp5. i hear its a cross between mw and mw2 mp5 so that should be cool. and the FAL is automatic... interesting

Ehh... Black Ops made shotguns primary, they have taken away commando (which was a little broken), hard to quickscope and when I do the cross hairs are off and you can use both bling and scavenger which is like a little OP perhaps, I think I'll stick with my MW2 for a bit longer. Sorry no COD 7 for me thank you very much.

Yea, uhm....

The Black Ops multiplayer is kinda....well...overhyped?
It's alot of the same stuff quite honestly. I'm really only playing to get a gold gun, then I'll be done with it.

Haven't played the story though yetttt so, we'll see.

im going to the store at midnight, skipping school on tuesday and wednsday and playing through until Thursday night. In fact, I just got my first xbox 5 minutes ago :D. Super excited, 2 1/2 hours until the biggest game of the year comes out.

Also, i have faith in treyarch, they said they have achieved great balance. Not too mention theyre ready with the nerf buttons and patches as i said before. Treyarch needs to do well on this game, this is the difference between them becoming head of one of the most known video game series in the world, or porting spider man 2 games. They aint gonna sit around.

im going to the store at midnight, skipping school on tuesday and wednsday and playing through until Thursday night. In fact, I just got my first xbox 5 minutes ago :D. Super excited, 2 1/2 hours until the biggest game of the year comes out.

Also, i have faith in treyarch, they said they have achieved great balance. Not too mention theyre ready with the nerf buttons and patches as i said before. Treyarch needs to do well on this game, this is the difference between them becoming head of one of the most known video game series in the world, or porting spider man 2 games. They aint gonna sit around.
you must have terrible parents if they let you skip two days of school JUST to play a video game. i mean wtf....

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I think the new nazi zombies game is going to be the best part of this game. I loved the ones from the other two games, and I expect nothing less than perfection from this one. It's too bad that it's only available on the pre-order, though. I've heard that you can get it as a DLC if you don't get the pre-order though.

Firestorm

What? They don't need to do shit. They already are the heads of Call of Duty. They have the most experience with the series. They may be a B-level studio, but they're the new A-team for CoD.

feelings about the game so far:

a) fuck my private NAT, if anyone knows how to fix this to be public or whatever (i dont have a modem) please PM me because i tried googling it but i got nothing

b) this is very similar to how Medal of Honor was and I didn't really care for that :(

c) the sound fucking sucks i liked the mw2 sound because i could actually hear when someone was shooting not now where i cant hear until they are already killed me and moved past my body

d) these perks fucking suck

e) i played a little bit of the campaign and its pretty cool

f) i really dont like the cod points system, i preferred the older system but whatever

g) the graphics are kinda terrible compared to last game as far as like movements and stuff by the characters and fluidity in backgrounds, mw2 shot it out of the water in that department.

hopefully i start to like it more but man i like mw2 tons more

you must have terrible parents if they let you skip two days of school JUST to play a video game. i mean wtf....
Skip probably wouldnt be the right word there, im homeschooled so i just did all my work for this week last week.

Havent done multiplayer yet, been doing campaign. My little brother's hogging the xbox to play sega all stars racing or whatever, when it's my turn again I'll try zombies. I never actually owned world at war so i made sure to get hardened version of black ops.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Fucking christ.... just saw this while looking for black ops videos. The highest rated comment? Linking to this. ugh

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Graphics are terrible and the sound is terrible, and it plays a lot different when everyone has uav jammer instead of stopping power. Also annoyed that you can't hear footsteps at all but I'll give the game a while.

Supposedly this game is supposed to be pretty balanced. I guess I'll be finding out in about 45 minutes when I get it. Treyarch can patch some stuff. Maybe it'll have an opposite mw2 effect where the bad stuff is first then it gets better as it goes on :3.

Graphics got old fast. I never noticed how eh the sound was, probably cuz it was never anything to note anyways.

The customization really isn't that fun, even if there's more of it. Quantity > Quality this time I suppose.

At least the story is cool. >:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)