Official NBA 2010-11 Season Thread

It seemed pretty clear Bosh did not want that ball last night in the last few minutes until he was literally wide open and was the best option for a 3.... Also the Heat are better than I give them credit for but really... You know that front line isnt very good when Emeka Okafor completely destroys you

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
The Hornets had 50 points in the paint..... fml
We all knew that teams with elite point guard and decent center play would be the best way to beat the Heat. Now the Magic (with Howard) lost to the Heat due to playing from the perimeter, where I believe that the Heat are amongst the best in the league at defending due to their closeout speed on shooters. However, the two teams that beat Miami (Boston, New Orleans) had elite penetrating point guards who are adept at running the pick and roll and finding the multitude of options that present themself (that most regular PG's would miss). I can't wait till they play my Lakers and see how they defend the triangle...Gasol has been tearing it up this season and we finally have a good bench!

We all knew that teams with elite point guard and decent center play would be the best way to beat the Heat. Now the Magic (with Howard) lost to the Heat due to playing from the perimeter, where I believe that the Heat are amongst the best in the league at defending due to their closeout speed on shooters. However, the two teams that beat Miami (Boston, New Orleans) had elite penetrating point guards who are adept at running the pick and roll and finding the multitude of options that present themself (that most regular PG's would miss). I can't wait till they play my Lakers and see how they defend the triangle...Gasol has been tearing it up this season and we finally have a good bench!
We always have had a good bench, our bench just got even deeper than it was.. But I do agree with you on that, teams that exploit the Heat's weakness at PG and C can beat the Heat. Emeka Okafor having 26 and 13 is pretty funny since hes been about average his entire career, and Chris Paul was having a field day finding open people.

Anyway, who else is pissed off at this technical foul rule? It makes me feel like guys like David Stern have never played the game and dont know what its like when it gets extra competitive. I understand guys that go over the top and jump around like monkeys, but Chris Paul didnt even argue that charge at the end of the game and got T'ed up, throwing your arm like he did doesnt justify giving a T, its seriously gonna ruin the game if they keep handing them out like they are

Jameer Nelson is no slouch himself. I don't know how he didn't get hot vs the Heat, but they were on the road during the Heat's home opener. I'd give him another shot because usually he torches Arroyo.

Shinryu said:
It took the Suns double OT to put away a lameass team like the Grizzlies? That's sad...
Haven't the Grizzlies actually played you well in recent times? Now that you lost a frontcourt, they're going to play you even better.

They aren't that bad when healthy, actually.

16 of the last 17 teams to go undefeated in the preseason made the playoffs. I think the Grizz will be the 17th team to do so.

Anyway, who else is pissed off at this technical foul rule? It makes me feel like guys like David Stern have never played the game and dont know what its like when it gets extra competitive.
Dude, I fucking HATE Stern. I don't know if its just me but he's trying to ruin the spirit of Basketball. I remember watching replays of of playoff and Finals games pre-Stern and they were brutally awesome! I feel that the league has gone soft and players can't be as intense anymore. Some of the stuff they used to do to each other would get them suspended for a season and/or fines and other stuff.

If I ever meet Stern I'll be sure to ring his neck out so we can get someone who's actually played the game and isn't just some bitch ass lawyer trying to look good and make money.

Originally I thought it would be pretty lol-worthy (as a Kobe hater, I would love nothing more than to see him getting technical fouls and fined out of the ying yang), but even I'm beginning to think it's going a bit overboard with a few of the calls.

Dude, I fucking HATE Stern. I don't know if its just me but he's trying to ruin the spirit of Basketball. I remember watching replays of of playoff and Finals games pre-Stern and they were brutally awesome! I feel that the league has gone soft and players can't be as intense anymore. Some of the stuff they used to do to each other would get them suspended for a season and/or fines and other stuff.

If I ever meet Stern I'll be sure to ring his neck out so we can get someone who's actually played the game and isn't just some bitch ass lawyer trying to look good and make money.
Like I really think he just doesnt get it... Doesnt he know everyone loved to watch that Knick team from the 90's that would've just pounded the shit out of you anytime you drived on them? Seriously, imagine if Lebron played against this team.... He cries when he gets tapped, imagine catching an Elbow from Anthony Mason or Oakley

Don't sleep on the Rockets. Even though they are 1-5 right now, I'm sure they will pick up their defense like the Van Gundy times and start wrecking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)