Smogon Superstars II Playoffs Round 3- The Semi-finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
we debated if OU freeze mattered for ages and it could or couldn't have mattered, since there was a crazy amount of possibilities for moves at that point, and we both had surprises left.

ubers crit definitely did not matter, at that point i'd weakened the crap out of his team without losing anything, and the problem mon had an item that meant the mon it critted couldnt kill it. i then swept with the next pokemon I brought out, so I'm pretty convinced the only difference it could have made was on the score.

UU i won, gg.

sorry for the freeze regardless, though.

we debated if OU freeze mattered for ages and it could or couldn't have mattered, since there was a crazy amount of possibilities for moves at that point, and we both had surprises left.

ubers crit definitely did not matter, at that point i'd weakened the crap out of his team without losing anything, and the problem mon had an item that meant the mon it critted couldnt kill it. i then swept with the next pokemon I brought out, so I'm pretty convinced the only difference it could have made was on the score.

UU i won, gg.

sorry for the freeze regardless, though.
Congratulations on the finals, bear in mind, it's open choice as long the 2 of you guys can agree, if not same format as this.

Grats Ace, but sorry rey, that's a sucky way to go out in something like this, especially when you've been on top of your game. Anyway, I have some work to do tonight for an exam tomorrow, but I think I'm clear after that. I may have to situate a few things team-wise though, since I've already played Megan once..

Grats Ace, but sorry rey, that's a sucky way to go out in something like this, especially when you've been on top of your game. Anyway, I have some work to do tonight for an exam tomorrow, but I think I'm clear after that. I may have to situate a few things team-wise though, since I've already played Megan once..
If you win, this will look like last's year final all over again. One fianlist was British and the other was a person that no one expected to even be in the event, let alone win.

edit @ am: I was referring to the fact that almost no one expected Jibaku to win last year's event from the beginning. Everyone expected him to be eliminated in the preliminaries, same with Flamewheeler. The British reference is Zak91 obviously.

edit: inb4flamewheelerdelaysthefinals.

Well, Am, hax is a sucky way to go out, but I digress, if you had the match anyway..

Anyway, you deserve to make it this far regardless. =) I hope to see you in the finals! Hopefully I won't choke against you like I did reach..=/

Edit:
edit @ am: I was referring to the fact that almost no one expected Jibaku to win last year's event from the beginning. Everyone expected him to be eliminated in the preliminaries, same with Flamewheeler. The British reference is Zak91 obviously.
Haters gon' hate. Anyway, I <3 upsets. =)

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
edit 2: I explained that I had the Ubers anyway and likely the OU too in my post, there's no "if" about it!
im not going to argue more about this with you as you and i wont change our views, but im pretty sure i stuck some logic into your head on our irc chat as to how i had the OU match basically won without that freeze and that the ubers crit just fucked over any change i had.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
every time reyscarface loses it is due to hax.

every.

single.

time.

no exceptions.

anyway, i'm picking megan fox to beat flamewheeler, then go on to win the finals.

6A9 Ace Matador

you had no way of winning ubers either, take it from me, i saw your whole team and knew what state it was in even before the crit occured, and it's dumb to argue otherwise, I swept 5-0..

you had no way of winning ubers either, take it from me, i saw your whole team and knew what state it was in even before the crit occured, and it's dumb to argue otherwise, I swept 5-0..
A log or a video would display undeniable proof. Besides, I really wanna watch the finals.

6A9 Ace Matador

i don't have a log, but gouki watched the battle (and besides im a lazy team builder) the scores should be enough proof anyway

im not going to argue more about this with you as you and i wont change our views, but im pretty sure i stuck some logic into your head on our irc chat as to how i had the OU match basically won without that freeze and that the ubers crit just fucked over any change i had.
good too see you didint changed not even a little man haha :)

edit: inb4flamewheelerdelaysthefinals.
I can honestly say this made me lol. I actually have a confession though, I planned to go out a long time ago because I didn't want to hold this up--I was even close to just dropping out, but I came to my senses(?) =P Anyway, Megan is ready when I am and I'm pretty much there at this point, I just don't feel as confident in my teams at the moment. I have them, but meh..Anyway, I'm hurrying..exams and shit got me messed up yet again. -.- In fact, I just found out today I have an exam tuesday on 3 chapters! Woop de fuckin' do, eh?

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
All im saying is bro, your teams are fine, you've gotten this far. If you aren't confident with them, it's because you have no confidence in yourself, and if your going into a battle like that, might as well already give megan the win.

I can honestly say this made me lol. I actually have a confession though, I planned to go out a long time ago because I didn't want to hold this up--I was even close to just dropping out, but I came to my senses(?) =P Anyway, Megan is ready when I am and I'm pretty much there at this point, I just don't feel as confident in my teams at the moment. I have them, but meh..Anyway, I'm hurrying..exams and shit got me messed up yet again. -.- In fact, I just found out today I have an exam tuesday on 3 chapters! Woop de fuckin' do, eh?
If you need more time for that reason, I'll extend the deadline. I mean, I wanna see a good match, not a crappy one. Pull yourself together, and do well on your exams first, then battle. That comment was a joke as well.

Edit: One of the biggest reasons I throw this event together is to witness the best players battle each other in an event where players only face the elite. If a player isn't at their best, what separates this event from any other?

im cool with battling whenever, i just make like 10 teams at once so i don't have to worry about it for the months to come. If AM doesn't mind then yea flamewheeler can take his time i guess, id rather have him 100% ready to play.

Thank you everyone. I'm trying to get my shit together. It shouldn't be too much longer...promise! =) I just hope this anticipation makes for some exciting matches!

Because my sister in law decided to go into labor at 1:30am saturday morning I got nothing finished for anything! No studying, no pogemanz, no nothing, but this shit is gonna get done. I'm forcing myself to get all my tourney matches done. Anyway, I have a new nephew, born yesterday afternoon at a time I don't know because I was so caught up in recording and I was half asleep from staying awake all night! Ahhhhhh!

Because my sister in law decided to go into labor at 1:30am saturday morning I got nothing finished for anything! No studying, no pogemanz, no nothing, but this shit is gonna get done. I'm forcing myself to get all my tourney matches done. Anyway, I have a new nephew, born yesterday afternoon at a time I don't know because I was so caught up in recording and I was half asleep from staying awake all night! Ahhhhhh!
As we've said, take your time. I want to see a good match. You'd better inform me when you're playing. Btw, I've been scheming a new format for the 3rd superstars, if I decide to have a 3rd event. It'll be kinda like team trials, but it'll be different in a few ways.

Congrats!

6A9 Ace Matador

once we set up a time, we'll PM you and you can put it into the title, i'm guessing we'll do Bo3 OU, UU, Ubers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)