Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure Demon

Does anyone know if I ko the genies will they reappear after I beat the elite 4 again?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
It is likely that they will be tested, starting with Latios. After that it is anyone's guess, but I would guess that they will not be banned, because we look set to have a much more liberal OU tier this time around.

What beats a combination of a max speed Arceus using Perish Song and then switching to a max defenses Wobbuffet and having it use Encore and countering all the moves, then switching back, in Ubers? Would a Choice Scarf be helpful in being able to switch before the opponent?

This thread does not list any Isshu Pokemon, suggesting that none have been released. But it also does not mention Hihidaruma, which is available with its Dream World ability through an in-game event. Does this mean that no Isshu Pokemon have yet been released to the conventional Dream World?

Either way, is there somewhere with a complete list of legal Dream World abilities for metagame purposes? The thread in Policy Review doesn't say anything about where to obtain this information. I have found a few lists around the web using Google, but I assume that there is an official Smogon list somewhere that updates with new releases and includes all normal Dream World Pokemon, in-game events (like Hihidaruma), and Nintendo events (like Eevee), right?

HP Fire, while giving perfect unresisted coverage (except Heatran), is just too weak, especially if you've already fired of a DM, so I would suggest if you use it, to use Dragon Pulse as well for a STAB move that doesn't cripple HP Fire's usefulness
His using a choice specs patios so it doesn't matter, he can't have fire off a DM and proceed to switch to hp fire. I think hp fire is a fine idea to avoid those nattorei

What beats a combination of a max speed Arceus using Perish Song and then switching to a max defenses Wobbuffet and having it use Encore and countering all the moves, then switching back, in Ubers? Would a Choice Scarf be helpful in being able to switch before the opponent?
CBTar can just OHKO Wobbuffet with Crunch (and some hazards to make it a 100% chance), avoiding the Counter issue. Crunch will also rip into Arceus pretty hard if it stays in, depending on its typing. If it is weak to Dark (Ghost-type Arceus is among the most common), there is a chance to OHKO. As long as it doesn't resist Dark, it is a chance of 2HKO (nearly guaranteed with Stealth Rock). Meanwhile, Arceus can rarely 2HKO CBTar unless it has Brick Break or is holding a Grass Plate.

Is it a good strategy to have a Slaking, a Skill Swapper, and a Roarer in a triple battle, and have the Skill Swapper use Skill Swap on the Slaking and have the Roarer Roar out the Skill Swapper?

Does anyone know where the link to an Index of lvl 100 Analysis of Isshu pokemon can be found? I can't find it and I am new to it so wanted to check out stuff

Can someone upload a YouTube video of going into someone else's game in High Link, not just the ad for it? Also, do the HG/SS Poké Balls have a special opening animation or do they still have the regular Poké Ball animation?
Are contest stats still in the string of data that makes up each Pokémon, so if you bring a max Beauty Milotic, the game will still silently know that it has max beauty, even if it isn't shown or utilized in the game at all?

This thread does not list any Isshu Pokemon, suggesting that none have been released. But it also does not mention Hihidaruma, which is available with its Dream World ability through an in-game event. Does this mean that no Isshu Pokemon have yet been released to the conventional Dream World?

Either way, is there somewhere with a complete list of legal Dream World abilities for metagame purposes? The thread in Policy Review doesn't say anything about where to obtain this information. I have found a few lists around the web using Google, but I assume that there is an official Smogon list somewhere that updates with new releases and includes all normal Dream World Pokemon, in-game events (like Hihidaruma), and Nintendo events (like Eevee), right?
Correct, so far there has not been a single Isshu pokemon found in the DW. As a matter of fact, there are only a handful of overworld sprites for Isshu pokemon, while every DW pokemon must have an overworld sprite to be obtained in the High Link forest. So people are guessing that Isshu DW pokemon won't be available until Grey is released.

I think the thread doesn't mention Hihidaruma because it's obtainable ingame. Besides Hihidaruma all the Pokemon currently confirmed to be released are listed in that thread-- at the very bottom of the first post it also shows event pokemon. I may be wrong, but I believe that thread is what smogon goes by for legit DW pokemon. Granted, that thread only contains what pokemon have been confirmed so far -- new discoveries are constantly being made while the OP only gets updated once in a blue moon. It was last updated a week ago but some interesting pokemon have been confirmed since then, including multiscale Dratini. For all we know, all DW pokemon could be currently released, but need a certain amount of dream points that no one's gotten yet.

Correct, so far there has not been a single Isshu pokemon found in the DW. As a matter of fact, there are only a handful of overworld sprites for Isshu pokemon, while every DW pokemon must have an overworld sprite to be obtained in the High Link forest. So people are guessing that Isshu DW pokemon won't be available until Grey is released.

I think the thread doesn't mention Hihidaruma because it's obtainable ingame. Besides Hihidaruma all the Pokemon currently confirmed to be released are listed in that thread-- at the very bottom of the first post it also shows event pokemon. I may be wrong, but I believe that thread is what smogon goes by for legit DW pokemon. Granted, that thread only contains what pokemon have been confirmed so far -- new discoveries are constantly being made while the OP only gets updated once in a blue moon. It was last updated a week ago but some interesting pokemon have been confirmed since then, including multiscale Dratini. For all we know, all DW pokemon could be currently released, but need a certain amount of dream points that no one's gotten yet.
In case anyone was curious, the following have OW sprites:
Minezumi, Monmen, Churine, Chillarmy, Muuna, Musharna (whose DW ability you can also get in-game), Waruvile (the middle stage), Urgamoth, Shikijika, Zorua, the Muskateers, the Raijinns (who have DW abilities, for reference), the Ram/Rom/Rem dragons, as well as Viktini, Keludio, and Meloetta.

So if one wants to be really optimistic, they could release those through Dream World at some point before the 3rd version or whatever. All of them but Zorua, the Muskateers, the event guys, and the dragons have Dream Abilities.

edit: Just for fun, apparently the Dream World website has ~20 cries in it that don't match up to the first 493. Could they just be distorted place holders or could it mean ~SOMETHING ELSE~ (it probably means nothing)

I was just wondering that if I gave anyone a link to a copy of my battle log, whether they reckon if it is warstory-able? My first warstory got decent ratings, but only because of the formatting rather than what actually happened. But if you offer, could you please either give me a link to a warstory you wrote, or maybe one that you've critiqued? This would be much appreciated.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Is it a good strategy to have a Slaking, a Skill Swapper, and a Roarer in a triple battle, and have the Skill Swapper use Skill Swap on the Slaking and have the Roarer Roar out the Skill Swapper?
Using 3 turns to accomplish 1 thing is generally a bad idea. Especially when your opponent could just see your Slaking and attack it 3 times in that 1 turn.

Azure Demon

No it isn't, and honestly that is a waste of two moves on a pokemon with horrible spdef and is almost guaranteed not to live long in a 3 vs 3 enviroment where it can be bombarded with multiple attacks as well as flinched before it can attack
Not to mention roar has negative priority so you have to pray that your roar pokemon does go down before it can move last

Is anyone here familiar with connecting locally via High Link? I have the empty Black City bug on my retail game. I have it and a ROM running on separate DS consoles. Both show full wifi signals when standing in the central area of High Link, but both signals drop when the player character crosses the bridges on either side. The wifi bars go to full strength again in the centre area. I can't seem to make either game host. Does anyone know of a solution. I need the high link to work to reset my empty Black City.

I know it would probably take a ton of team help and synergy to cover his weaknesses and less than awesome attack, but do you think Regirock could potentially be a team core in the 5th generation OU? It doesn't have to be a world beater but to at least be a competent team?

I know it would probably take a ton of team help and synergy to cover his weaknesses and less than awesome attack, but do you think Regirock could potentially be a team core in the 5th generation OU? It doesn't have to be a world beater but to at least be a competent team?
with SS support, possibly

I notice there hasn't been any analysis that I've seen for Regirock yet. Is that because he hasn't changed much from his NU status last gen or really added anything new other than sturdy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)