• Useful Pokémon
- HM Slaves
- Catching

• Useful Items
  • In-Game Trades
  • Seasons
  • Helpful NPC's
- Happiness Checker:
Shippou City is the location of the happiness checker. This is the place where you can give your Pokémon to a girl, to the right of the Pokémon Center who will tell you how happy your Pokémon are with you.

- Massaging Place:
In the right most road of Hiun City, there's a man in the building on the left hand side, who will give your one of your Pokémon a massage. This massage boosts the happiness of your Pokémon, but remember, you can only give one of your Pokémon a massage once per day.

- Berry Place [Clown]
In Hiun City, in a building on the right on the middle road, there will be a Clown, who will request you to show him a particular kind of Pokémon everyday, if you do so, then he will give you a berry for your efforts.

- Name Rater
In the north road in Hiun City, there is a man in the building on the lefthand side. This man will rate the names of your Pokémon and also let you change their names.

- Stone Purchasing
In the Sekka City Pokémon Center, there is a character who will buy various items from you. These items include Nuggets, Pearls and even Evolution Stones. He will purchase them at double the price of the standard Pokémarts within the games.

- Move Deleter:
In Fukiyose City, to the right of the Pokémon Center the top left who will delete moves from your Pokémon for free.

- Move Relearner
In Fukiyose City, to the right of the Pokémon Center the top left who will delete moves from your Pokémon for a Heart Scale per move.

- EV Checker
In Souryuu City, a girl will check your Pokémon and give you an Effort Band if all the EVs are maxed out

- IV Checker
In Raimon City,
- Hidden Power Checker
- Ancient Item Castle

• Battle Testing [Beside Pokemon Center]
  • C Gear
  • Global Link
- Dream World
- Game Sync
- Berry Growing
- Pokémon Capturing
- Random Match

• Royal Isshu
  • Free Pokémon

Its a WIP. I will keep editing information in. Don't expect it to be done at supersonic speeds due to me having other stuff to do too. Though feel free to comment and suggest new things to add or remove some other stuff

Something I think is important to note about HM slaves. You wont actually need one.
Cut is the only HM needed to progress the story and that is right at the beginning of the game. All strength boulders can be walked around, admittedly it takes a little longer but it means it doesn't have to be a wasted slot. Though when you push the boulders they remain where you left them, so that's possibly gonna make things easier if you ever go back.
Fly is really only needed if you can't be bothered to walk anywhere and surf, waterfall and dive are only needed to get additional items/pokémon.
Victory road will have you only "needing" to use strength, and that's just to make it easier if you ever need to take a second go at it and then further through, to get a legendary.

i think Abagoura is one of the best HM slaves out there, being able to learn Surf, Strength, Waterfall and Dive
Fly is a quite good move in-game, so you dont really need to bother for that.
Cut is used rarely, and only once they force you to use it(Dream Ruins/Abandoned Lot Of Dreams)

Something I think is important to note about HM slaves. You wont actually need one.
Cut is the only HM needed to progress the story and that is right at the beginning of the game. All strength boulders can be walked around, admittedly it takes a little longer but it means it doesn't have to be a wasted slot. Though when you push the boulders they remain where you left them, so that's possibly gonna make things easier if you ever go back.
Fly is really only needed if you can't be bothered to walk anywhere and surf, waterfall and dive are only needed to get additional items/pokémon.
Victory road will have you only "needing" to use strength, and that's just to make it easier if you ever need to take a second go at it and then further through, to get a legendary.
I agree, but without using HM's you really miss a lot of items, and it can be frustrating to find a specific item(e.g. evolutionary items) when you need one, and it is easier to grab them while you are progressing through the game...
And when you have an open space in your party, why not use an HM slave?

List of HM's and when you need them:
HM01 - Cut : required to go to Abandoned lot of dreams, and can be used to get some (not much) items. NOT worth having on your HM slave.
HM02 - Fly : Technically, not required, but probably the most useful one.
HM03 - Surf : Used to get many hidden items, and even two new routes. VERY worth having on your HM slave
HM04 - Strength : Used for MANY hidden items. DEFINITELY worth havin on your HM slave.
HM05 - Waterfall : Used for hidden items. QUITE worth having on your HM slave
HM06 - Dive : Only used in Sazanami Bay, to get the Arceus plates, and very, very much very, very valuable Items NOT worth having on your HM slave, as its a one-use HM

So, a pokemon which can learn Surf, Waterfall, Strength and Fly would be best
No pokemon in the Isshu region can learn this combo, though.
List of other possible combinations:
Surf-Waterfall-Strength : Daikenki, Abagoura
Surf-Waterfall-Fly : No combinations
Surf-Strength-Fly : Sazandora
Waterfall-Strenth-Fly : No Combinations
However, Fly and Surf are good moves in-game, and as i mentioned before, waterfall is not very important.
Abagoura can also learn dive.

Conclusion : Abagoura= Best HM slave of Unova

Golduck is also a good HM slave, but you cannot get him before the E4. He can learn Surf, Strength, Waterfall, Dive and Flash (which I didn't mention before in this post, but im too lazy to change it)

I agree, but without using HM's you really miss a lot of items, and it can be frustrating to find a specific item(e.g. evolutionary items) when you need one, and it is easier to grab them while you are progressing through the game...
And when you have an open space in your party, why not use an HM slave?

List of HM's and when you need them:
HM01 - Cut : required to go to Abandoned lot of dreams, and can be used to get some (not much) items. NOT worth having on your HM slave.
HM02 - Fly : Technically, not required, but probably the most useful one.
HM03 - Surf : Used to get many hidden items, and even two new routes. VERY worth having on your HM slave
HM04 - Strength : Used for MANY hidden items. DEFINITELY worth havin on your HM slave.
HM05 - Waterfall : Used for hidden items. QUITE worth having on your HM slave
HM06 - Dive : Only used in Sazanami Bay, to get the Arceus plates, and very, very much very, very valuable Items NOT worth having on your HM slave, as its a one-use HM

So, a pokemon which can learn Surf, Waterfall, Strength and Fly would be best
No pokemon in the Isshu region can learn this combo, though.
List of other possible combinations:
Surf-Waterfall-Strength : Daikenki, Abagoura
Surf-Waterfall-Fly : No combinations
Surf-Strength-Fly : Sazandora
Waterfall-Strenth-Fly : No Combinations
However, Fly and Surf are good moves in-game, and as i mentioned before, waterfall is not very important.
Abagoura can also learn dive.

Conclusion : Abagoura= Best HM slave of Unova
Golduck should be mentioned too. Just like Daikenki and Abagoura, he can learn Surf, Waterfall, Strength and Dive and is very easy to catch in the wild. Next to that, he can learn Flash too and altough it isn't a HM, you still need it in two caves to catch certain legendaries and finding specific items.

Golduck should be mentioned too. Just like Daikenki and Abagoura, he can learn Surf, Waterfall, Strength and Dive and is very easy to catch in the wild. Next to that, he can learn Flash too and altough it isn't a HM, you still need it in two caves to catch certain legendaries and finding specific items.
the downside is that you cannot catch him until after the E4, but I'll give him a mention

EDIT: 100th post!

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Is there a good location to make lots of money in a short time, besides rebattling the Elite Four over and over?

If you have Black version, Black city is a good way, plus the guy in the museum gives you an extra 10,000 every 10 trainers you beat. If you have white version, I don't know, I don't have it, but I'll ask my friends.

The Iv checker is the Ace trainer right inside the battle subway.

To bump this thread with Sprocket's question, once you get Dive and access to Undella Town, the ruins have relic items that you can sell to the Blackbelt in the Riches Mansion (on the left) for a LOT of money. Sadly, this is a one-time deal, and you pretty much have to do a lot of experimentation or use a walkthrough to know how to get all the items. On the plus side, BW is the first game where your character can legitimately be a millionaire.

Also, now that the American release happened a month ago, perhaps the English names could be used in the guide?

Black and White Tips and Tricks

• Useful Pokémon
- HM Slaves

- Catching​

• Useful Items
  • In-Game Trades
  • Seasons
  • Helpful NPC's
- Happiness Checker:

Shippou Nacrene City is the location of the happiness checker. This is the place where you can give your Pokémon to a girl, to the right of the Pokémon Center who will tell you how happy your Pokémon are with you.​

- Massaging Place:

In the right most road of Hiun Castelia City, there's a man in the building on the left hand side, who will give your one of your Pokémon a massage. This massage boosts the happiness of your Pokémon, but remember, you can only give one of your Pokémon a massage once per day.​

- Berry Place [Clown]:

In Hiun Castelia City, in a building on the right on the middle road, there will be a Cclown, who will request you to show him a particular kind of Pokémon everyday,. iIf you do so, then he will give you a berry for your efforts.​

- Name Rater:

In the north road in Hiun Castelia City, there is a man in the building on the lefthand side. This man will rate the names of your Pokémon and also let you change their names.​

- Stone Purchasing:

In the Sekka Icirrius City Pokémon Center, there is a character who will buy various items from you. These items include Nuggets, Pearls and even Evolution Stones. He will purchase them at double the price of the standard Pokémarts within the games.

- Move Deleter:

In Fukiyose Mistralton City, to the right of the Pokémon Center the top left who will delete moves from your Pokémon for free.

- Move Relearner:

In Fukiyose Mistralton City, to the right of the Pokémon Center the top left who will delete moves from your Pokémon for a Heart Scale per move.

- EV Checker:

In Souryuu CityOpelucid City, a girl will check your Pokémon and give you an Effort Band if all the EVs are maxed out

will tell you if your Pokémon has 510 EV's.

- IV Checker

In Raimon City,

- Hidden Power Checker

- Ancient Item Castle

• Battle Testing [Beside Pokemon Center]
  • C Gear
  • Global Link
- Dream World

- Game Sync

- Berry Growing

- Pokémon Capturing

- Random Match

• Royal Isshu
  • Free Pokémon

Its a WIP. I will keep editing information in. Don't expect it to be done at supersonic speeds due to me having other stuff to do too. Though feel free to comment and suggest new things to add or remove some other stuff

Red= Take out
Green= Put in
Blue= I don't understand, you changed your formatting style

Edit: Something happened with the spacing, not my fault.

badalcristiano asked me to help with this article, and I agreed. I guess that means we're kinda working together now.

- EV Checker
In Opelucid City, a girl will check your Pokémon and give you an Effort Band if all the EVs are maxed out
A good way to do is is to give a poke 508 EV's, talk to the lady. She should not give you the reward. Use a wing and repeat. Use the last wing and she should give you the reward. If she gives it earlier/later, you've messed up the EV's.

EDIT: Also, something about the Undella Bay & Abyssal Ruins should be here.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Also, Audino grinding should be mentioned imo. It basically takes all the hassle out of grinding and lets you gain 1 level every 1-2 battles.

edit: This needs a new author. If you're interested pm me.

One thing that has not been mentioned is Flash is a useful TM. It is useful in just a few caves, most notably Cobalion's residence.
However I prefer Tropius as an HM slave because I normally always have a surf user on my team. Tropius learns, flash, strength, rock smash, and fly. Also, Tropius learns sweet scent which helps greatly for RNG purposes. Of course availability is limited to after the E4.
Also there is a cool looking dude on the beach in route 14 called the treasure hunter. He gives out random treasures every day that included many evolution trade items

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)