Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Uh... It actually IS an official tourney, so...

1 More Question:

If I trade a real event pokemon from a real event from a game I hacked AFTER I got said event pokemon to a non-hacked game, if I don't use it, will I still fail Hack Check???
Like Venser said, the official tournaments for 2010 have long been over. The next ones don't start until May 2011. So what you're going to cannot possibly be an official event with hack checking DSis.

The rules for Japan will probably be announced in the near future (I think last year's rules were announced in October?). Then the rules for the U.S. will most likely be announced sometime after B/W are released here. Our rules will probably be the same as Japan's though

I have this tournment in school, and its VGC style
Is there somewhere i can post my team so people can rate it and help me improve?
You could also post it on Skarmbliss, but since it's the VGC "off-season" right now, most people probably won't feel like rating it...

oh darn :X
Then can i a some simple question about the VGC metagame (2010)?
Unless there's a thread about information like this...
What are popular combinations in the VGC that i have to watch out for? (like Topogre or something.)
-What makes them so effective?
-How can i counter it?

In 2008 and 2009, Japan had their qualifiers in autumn 07 / 08 respectively and their national championship was held in early May, so they had an advantage in time of almost 2 months compared to the US. In 2010 they had Nationals in the first week of July, which is almost identical with the date of 2010's US nats (ok, 2 weeks but anyway).

This tricks me into thinking that Pokemon Japan and the PCI want to align their qualifiers and nationals respectively, i.e. want them to be held at approximately the same time.

Furthermore, I believe that Europe could get some kind of European Championships as well, so that you can qualify for the Euro Tournament in several countries, then get to European Championships where you can win the trip to Worlds.

2 Questions...

1. Will 2011 VGCs be held in Triple Battles/Rotation Battles???

2. Are you allowed to use traded pokemon from japanese games on amarican game cards???

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Yes. :)

My question. I have stopped just after Gym 8 to do RNG Reserach. Does anyone know if there is an auto leveling feature for wifi? Random wifi or friend code wifi. I just noticed some isshu mons don't evolve till after 50.

Deleted User 33526

Banned deucer.
Yes. :)

My question. I have stopped just after Gym 8 to do RNG Reserach. Does anyone know if there is an auto leveling feature for wifi? Random wifi or friend code wifi. I just noticed some isshu mons don't evolve till after 50.
"Pokemon should be Level 50. Pokemon higher than that will be lowered to 50, but Pokemon Level 49 and below will remain the same level."
From the rules themself.

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
2 Questions...

1. Will 2011 VGCs be held in Triple Battles/Rotation Battles???

2. Are you allowed to use traded pokemon from japanese games on amarican game cards???
Well, rules are out, it looks like it's still going to be double battles.
and jrank already answered your 2nd question.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Is there an applet online that fixes EVs when going from Level 100 to Level 50 (I've read the article and was hoping to find a program before I started doing it by hand)?

In other words, is there a lazy way around calculating the most efficient Level 50 stats?

I've see the Morobareru a lot on PO. Most people make it so bulky, its hard to take down in one hit, so that tr gets set up. Is there anything that will OHKO? I've tried Archeos with a flight jewel & aerial ace. Archeos with jolly and adamant natures almost never OHKOs.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I've see the Morobareru a lot on PO. Most people make it so bulky, its hard to take down in one hit, so that tr gets set up. Is there anything that will OHKO? I've tried Archeos with a flight jewel & aerial ace. Archeos with jolly and adamant natures almost never OHKOs.
Use Acrobat, it's better than Aerial Ace with flight jewel.

Question about how this works
Ive read some warstories around here and am curious
For the first rounds is it just one game of 4 v 4?
or is it best 2 out of three?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)