The Everything NFL Thread - 2010 Season

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Go Bears, plus first team to 700 wins is impressive.
This stat shouldn't really be applicable since different teams were founded in different years. The NFL started in what, 1923? Something like that? And there were only like 4-6 teams if I remember right (Bears, Packers, Cardinals, fuck if I know). The Bears were the first team to 700 because they simply had more seasons to compile wins than most of the teams in the league today. Yeah, they were the first to 700 of that original bunch, but that's not saying much when it was only a handful of teams. Still, they at least have been a consistent franchise over the years.

Niners sadden me...just praying at this point the Rams and Seahawks severely fuck up, as 8-8 will be the best we can do at this point considering the Packers is a near-auto loss :(

Could have been worse...only saving grace is that every other NFC West team lost as well, so while we didn't make up any ground, we didn't lose any either.

At the very least it looks like Morgan was limited in terms of yards, and while T. Smith threw a pick, at least it was only ONE pick instead of the 10 or so that would have resulted from A. Smith or Carr. Gore was disappointing considering TB is ranked 31st in Rushing defense, he should have been all over those pansy's asses. Oh well...nothing to do but prepare for the Packers now to try and score an upset.

Well, at this rate Seattle and St. Louis might just end up at 8-8 or worse. Soon-to-be 5-5 Seattle has games remaining against Atlanta, Kansas City, @Tampa, and @San Fran, plus a season finale against St. Louis. St. Louis themselves have games against Kansas City, San Fran, @New Orleans, and the @Seattle game. Hell, I could even see all three going 7-9!

The Jets, as usual, are overrated; by no means are they bad, but they have been obnoxiously lucky. Still, Sanchez has been clutch the past few weeks, and we should see if they're worthy of their record against the Patriots and Steelers soon.

Tampa's win was easily their most convincing this year, and despite their record against winning teams I still see them as making the playoffs if they finish at 10-6, depending on what happens to tonight's giants-eagles loser. If the Bucs can win one+ against the Ravens, Falcons or Saints they will definitely win a wild card seed, and 2+ gives them a chance to win the division.

Bradford threw his first interception in the last 5 games today, finishing his streak at 169 pass attempts without one. That's pretty remarkable, especially for a rookie. Even though I feel that others deserve to be looked at too, he's pretty much locked away the RotY award.

I'm down 57-61 in my fantasy league against my bro. I have Nicks and the Eagles D/ST and my bro has Tolbert. Do I have a chance?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm down 57-61 in my fantasy league against my bro. I have Nicks and the Eagles D/ST and my bro has Tolbert. Do I have a chance?
Yes.

Also Jets are the luckiest team in the league.

Finally I got the prediction wrong but FUCK am I happy the Bills beat the Bengals. Steve Johnson got me like 31 fantasy pts XD

Eli's fumble in the Eagles game is just another NFL rule I dislike; the slide rule. If he had slid feet-first, no one would have had to touch him and he would be down; however, since he fell over (even though it was on purpose) he wasn't considered down because no one touched him. Not to mention the fouls that can be drawn if you attempt to tackle a quarterback that begins to slide and don't pull up in time.

Assuming they end up losing this game, the Giants will still have some trouble making the playoffs. With two games against Washington, another game at home against Philly, plus @Green Bay. If they end up going 5-1 they'll make the playoffs, but 4-2 puts them at 10-6 and leaves them in trouble. I'm pretty sure the second tiebreaker for wild card seeds (after head-to-head) is divisional record, and it's highly likely the Giants will end up at ~3-3 if they finish at 10-6. They have the tiebreaker over the Bears, but might lose out in divisional record to the Saints and/or Bucs. It's still too early to tell, as the Bears might end up winning the North, but there will probably be a mess of 10-6 teams vying for two wild card seeds in the NFC.

Also, who would have guessed 10 games into the season Jacksonville, Kansas City, and Chicago would be leading their divisions?

Randy Moss continues to show why he has been shown the door twice in one season.

In two games with the Titans, Moss was targeted eight times and only managed one catch.

Also, who would have guessed 10 games into the season Jacksonville, Kansas City, and Chicago would be leading their divisions?
I actually totally called the Bears, but the other 2 were pretty surprising. The Packers are terribly overrated and still have a weak offensive line, which is one of the most important parts of the game. Not to mention that the Bears added Peppers, who takes advantage of the fact that the other 3 teams in their division have horrid offensive lines (and the Bears do as well, comically enough).

Pretty interesting week overall, I think the Eagles and Falcons have solidified themselves at the top of the NFC with the Giants and the Bears/Packers behind them. The AFC is pretty close, with the Patriots/Colts/Steelers showing they are all at the top of their divison and the Ravens/Jets/Chargers (imo) being the second tier. I'm not sold on the Jaguars or the Titans at this point (especially after what happened with Young today), and I also think the Dolphins are doomed after the injuries at QB.

Randy Moss continues to show why he has been shown the door twice in one season.

In two games with the Titans, Moss was targeted eight times and only managed one catch.
I chuckled heartily.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
@TAD The Jets are actually the ones leading the AFC East having the same record as the Patriots and having previously beat them earlier in the season.

@TAD The Jets are actually the ones leading the AFC East having the same record as the Patriots and having previously beat them earlier in the season.
Yeah... they have also barely scraped by the last several weeks in a row against lesser teams. I think the Patriots are on a roll right now and the Jets are struggling, but that's just my opinion.

That Manning face website is a hoot.

Also nice to see the Eagles scrape by, had my doubts when they lost the lead but they pulled out in the end. Tomorrow's game will likely be a blowout of the Broncos courtesy of the Chargers.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
IMO, the second place teams in both the AFC East and the AFC North are better than the 1st place teams in those divisions. I have more respect for the Ravens than the Jets though, because the Jets are just plain lucky.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eli's fumble in the Eagles game is just another NFL rule I dislike; the slide rule. If he had slid feet-first, no one would have had to touch him and he would be down; however, since he fell over (even though it was on purpose) he wasn't considered down because no one touched him. Not to mention the fouls that can be drawn if you attempt to tackle a quarterback that begins to slide and don't pull up in time.
He fell over because he was going for extra yards. If you slide, you get a worse spot. If you would be auto-down when diving head first, there would be little incentive to slide (maybe for safety, but if you're downing yourself on porpoise you won't be tackled hard too often).

Don't worry the chargers will still win the AFC West =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)