Serperior

now if only jaroda was a Grass/dragon type....

that would one hell of a badass mother fucker with good coverage in HP fire, draco meteor and leaf storm.

too bad it did not happen

now if only jaroda was a Grass/dragon type....

that would one hell of a badass mother fucker with good coverage in HP fire, draco meteor and leaf storm.

too bad it did not happen
here's hoping they Gyarados the thing in the compilation game and give it more dragon techs.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, Jalorda doesn't even need to be part-Dragon, it only needs Draco Meteor in "Pokémon Grey".

...Actually, it only needs a couple more moves for coverage and that's it.

...Well screw it, Jalorda doesn't really *need* anything lol, only to be officially released.

There's always Magnezone with HP Fire to take care of Nattorei...
Heatran is easily taken down by things like CS Flygon.
Flygon+Jaroda+Magnezone seems like a good offensive/defensive core.
Nattorei almost always runs Shed Shell + Wish support, likely from Vaporeon or Blissey, which will easily fully heal it from the damage it takes switching into Leaf Storm + entry hazards.

Heatran can switch out, and it often carries a Balloon. On top of that, it scores a clean 3HKO (38.9% - 45.8%) with Fire Blast without even a boosting item.

Honestly, the Perversity sets are underwhelming. Torment + entry hazards is a lot more fun and has worked better for me.

with draco meteor it would only need hp fighting and would dominate everything

but it doesn't have draco meteor so there's no point talking about it.

even as a non attacker perversity seems like the ability to use, you can fit leaf storm on a standard subseed or torment set without problem.

Nattorei almost always runs Shed Shell + Wish support, likely from Vaporeon or Blissey, which will easily fully heal it from the damage it takes switching into Leaf Storm + entry hazards.

Heatran can switch out, and it often carries a Balloon. On top of that, it scores a clean 3HKO (38.9% - 45.8%) with Fire Blast without even a boosting item.

Honestly, the Perversity sets are underwhelming. Torment + entry hazards is a lot more fun and has worked better for me.
Geez, even though I haven't received any games yet, it looks like the metagame is already running! And with patterns already!
Looks like I've been missing out ;-;

Geez, even though I haven't received any games yet, it looks like the metagame is already running! And with patterns already!
Looks like I've been missing out ;-;
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but my experience is based solely on Pokemon Online.

@ Quaily: I actually have been running a Perversity set (but with Leaf Storm/Taunt/Substitute/Leech Seed), I'm just saying those sets focused solely on sweeping are underwhelming. I'm running Substitute / Leech Seed / Torment / Taunt though, because Taunt just fucks up so much shit. Torment + Taunt means Nattorei, Heatran, Skarmory, and Blissey can't touch you. Nattorei would otherwise get free entry hazards, Heatran might get have Roar and/or Stealth Rock, Skarmory would set up Spikes and phaze you, and Blissey would of course break your Subs with Flamethrower.

Is the perversity set really effective? I mean sure 140 STAB with +2 each turn sounds appealing, but it's SpA stat is meh, and its special move pool is more meh. Besides its stats spread just seems more fitting for Leech Seed/Toxic/duel screens with its high speed and good bulk.

Is the perversity set really effective? I mean sure 140 STAB with +2 each turn sounds appealing, but it's SpA stat is meh, and its special move pool is more meh. Besides its stats spread just seems more fitting for Leech Seed/Toxic/duel screens with its high speed and good bulk.
Its SpA is meh? The point of the ability is that it raises his meh SpA every attack. : / I don't understand your point. Isn't +2 SpA = 75 x 2 = 150 base SpA? So one Leaf Storm you're at 150 base special which is more than most pokes have.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Its SpA is meh? The point of the ability is that it raises his meh SpA every attack. : / I don't understand your point. Isn't +2 SpA = 75 x 2 = 150 base SpA? So one Leaf Storm you're at 150 base special which is more than most pokes have.
Base Stats are ALWAYS irrelevant in-battle (except for Beat Up up to 4th Gen); they only affect the pokémon's stat.

I have a Jarooda like this one:

Ability: contrarian
Timid nature 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP

- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- HP Rock

I chose HP rock since it covers almost all its weaknesses (ice, flying, bug and fire).

- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- HP Rock

I chose HP rock since it covers almost all its weaknesses (ice, flying, bug and fire).
That's doesn't mean the attacker is the type that Jaroda is weak to.

- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- HP Rock

I run a similar set which i am still testing in DW. I run:
jalorda @ Life orb/grass jewel (still testing)
Modest nature
252 Spatk/252 spe/4 hp
ability: perversity
-leaf storm
- hp fighting/ice/fire(still testing)
-dragon tail
-(still testing)

the thing I hate about this is that it's only special attacking options are HP, Leaf storm, and twister. twister does not even count, and all of the rest are grass. I may just run HP rock just to get rid of the stupid moth.

how about a coil jaroda

SET:
Jaroda @ life orb / lefties
jolly
60 atk / 252 spDef / 196 spd
ability : overgrow
- coil around (?)
- leaf blade
- glare / sub
- leech seed / dragon tail

the speed EVs to outrun max speed positive 105s, since that seems like where all the cool guys are aiming at,
ugh I know the coverage is iffy, but jarooda is already struggling for coverage anyways. Coil to boost attack, defense, and accuracy. Leaf blade as its main attack, with a nice high crit ratio. Glare for crippling and general 1337-hax, sub for subseed. Last slot is either leech seed for the usual subseed, or dragon tail for phazing and entry hazard damage.

The set is more or less defensive. I guess the nature and EVs can be tweaked to give it more defense... I'm not really an expert at this

how about a coil jaroda

SET:
Jaroda @ life orb / lefties
jolly
60 atk / 252 spDef / 196 spd
ability : overgrow
- coil around (?)
- leaf blade
- glare / sub
- leech seed / dragon tail

the speed EVs to outrun max speed positive 105s, since that seems like where all the cool guys are aiming at,
ugh I know the coverage is iffy, but jarooda is already struggling for coverage anyways. Coil to boost attack, defense, and accuracy. Leaf blade as its main attack, with a nice high crit ratio. Glare for crippling and general 1337-hax, sub for subseed. Last slot is either leech seed for the usual subseed, or dragon tail for phazing and entry hazard damage.

The set is more or less defensive. I guess the nature and EVs can be tweaked to give it more defense... I'm not really an expert at this
I thought someone mentioned a Coil set already, but I can't really find it. :0 Anyway, I think it would work. It fixes the imperfect accuracy of Dragon Tail and Glare, gives it greater survivability, and essentially makes a great Paralysis spreader.

I would use this set like this:
- Coil
- Glare
- Dragon Tail
- Taunt / Torment / Leaf Blade

A more tanky variant like you have could work too, but it might suffer from four-moveslot syndrome a bit.

Ive been using a Jalorda with this set

Jaroda @ Leftovers
Calm / Perversity
252 Def / 252 Spd / 4 HP
~Leaf Storm
~Glare
~Leech Seed
~Substitute

Minimum HP to absorb more with Leech seed and create more subs. Glare things on the switch and anything slower than you, this should assure you paralyze atleast half the team or more before you die. Leaf storm to abuse perversity's +2 sp attack boost and hurt things. Abuse sub for parahax.

I've actually been using Jalorda with this set, and its been very useful.

Jalorda @life orb
252 SpAtk/252 Spe/4 HP
ability: perversity
-Leaf Storm (obvious)
-Giga drain (after a leaf storm or 2 you'll be absorbing quite a bit)
-HP fire
-Twister (suprisingly does quite a bit to dragons after a boost or 2 from leaf storm)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
-Twister (suprisingly does quite a bit to dragons after a boost or 2 from leaf storm)
Leaf Storm has an effective 52.5 BP against a 4x resist (47.25 accounting for accuracy), making it more immediately damaging than Twister against every single Pokémon in the game aside from Dragonite, Altaria, Salamence, Rayquaza, and Reshiram (Dialga also 4x resists grass, but is neutral to dragon), and the only Herbivore user that takes less damage from HP Fire is Azumarill. You're running an awful coverage move for 6 potential threats (including two pretty much guaranteed Ubers), most of whom will probably beat you anyway.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
considering that the second leaf storm hits as hard as a neutral attack, there's barely even need for a hidden power-- just spam leaf storm. The only real issue is PP . . .

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
considering that the second leaf storm hits as hard as a neutral attack, there's barely even need for a hidden power-- just spam leaf storm. The only real issue is PP . . .
Maybe some trouble with resistant Pressure users, then (again, most of them beat you anyway). If you stay in long enough to fire off 8 Leaf Storms without reliable recovery, you've done your job.

Problem is there are plenty of OU pokemon that even 4x resist Grass like Skarmory, Nattorei, Salamence, Dragonite, Scizor, etc. Those are the pokemon you need a hidden power for.

I think you guys have the wrong idea... :0 Perversity Leaf Storm is cool and all, but I'd totally rather run defensive sets on Jalorda. Sceptile may not get Perverse Leaf Storm, but it's still sooo much better than Jalorda offensively, IMO.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think you guys have the wrong idea... :0 Perversity Leaf Storm is cool and all, but I'd totally rather run defensive sets on Jalorda. Sceptile may not get Perverse Leaf Storm, but it's still sooo much better than Jalorda offensively, IMO.
Have you even used Perversity Jaroda before? No one who's ever actually used Jaroda would be saying this, because it's blatantly not true. Honestly.

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
Leaf Storm Jarooda has swept me more than any other Pokemon, mostly because it comes in late game and anything that resists the first hit will be KOd by the second. If anyone ever uses Jaroda outside of Perversity+Leaf Storm, I'd question their reasoning. Jaroda is far outclassed by so many other Grass type Pokemon unless you're using Perveristy+Leaf Storm. It sweeps teams. It really does. Leaf Storm, Hidden Power of whatever type you need, Twister, and Sub. Twister is the only other useful offensive move, but shit, after 2 boosts, most dragons won't be able to take it.

Seriously, Overgrow Jaroda is a joke, I don't see why you guys waste time discussing it, when Perversity is the only reason to use him.

Pervesity Leaf Storm with a defensive set still works as well. Jaroda can use things like sub, glare, leech seed as well as leaf storm using offensive or defensive EVs. I personally went with offensive EVs with Sub,Glare,LS and HP Fire. Any sort of variation of tht works.

Offensive Jaroda is great as long as you have some support options to go with it. Glare shuts down a decent amount of checks, Sub shuts down Ditto. The only offensive Jaroda sets i don't particularly like are the scarf ones and the ones tht solely focus on sweeping. Jaroda with subseed or glare can still sweep, but isn't helpless when one of its counters come in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)