np: OU Suspect Testing Round 1 - ...wait, I'm not Jumpman16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh this is fun.I guess i have to stop being a DW junkie and start playing wifi now *sigh*.Gl to everyone trying to get that insane rating and uhh yeah.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
1500 is "attainable" if we have user numbers that rival beta's numbers before the SU release. I've only hit it once though and it is indeed very tough to get. 1400 is still a great achievement while still keeping out people who aren't suitable for voting. That said, if it doesn't lower either way this is gonna be a ton of fun :D

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Manaphy is still pretty slow and it's 100 defenses are kind of average now.
lol

The one thing PO's server hasn't gotten to that I'd really like to see out of the picture is Latios. Specs is still too fucking powerful for the metagame and now that Latios has Psycho Shock, Blissey isn't even a safe switch-in anymore.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol

The one thing PO's server hasn't gotten to that I'd really like to see out of the picture is Latios. Specs is still too fucking powerful for the metagame and now that Latios has Psycho Shock, Blissey isn't even a safe switch-in anymore.
Trick never made Blissey a good switch-in o_0

1500, uh? I can remember i had that rating only once, and in the Beta server... i can imagine the flow of deoxys that will rise to get that rating, but its ok for me, as he has a dead sentence, along with darkrai.

I dont mind Skymin that much, she is just a fast special sweeper who happens to be 4x weak to ice and weak to SR, and i think salamence and latias should not have the fate they had last gen (seriously, they were the LAST nominated ubers), tought, if i get tho the top, manaphy will be my prime choice, along with deo and darkrai (im still not sure about latios, or garchomp, why ban him and not dory?)

Anyway, im happy this is settled, good job phil (and good luck with the classes, super). Maybe ill now get a good rank in this server

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol

Seriously, are we going back to this? A lack of counters does not equal Uber. Garchomp has no real counters and there are actually people saying he's "not that good." >__> Sazandora has no real counters either, and yet it isn't even as popular as many other dragons. This is a meta where you will not (and cannot) have counters for everything.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The only reason Garchomp "is not good" is because there is so much ridiculous crap in the tier at the moment. In fact I think it will be very interesting to see where Garchomp places itself this generation once the dust settles.

As for this period, I can see a LOT of stuff getting banned, anywhere up to 10 Pokemon. It'll also be interesting to see what people find broken and what people think fit in fine.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Starmie kills Blissey too. If it carries HP Fire to kill Nattorei with, there are no safe switch ins! Let's ban it! >__>

Brilliant logic

Looking forward to seeing who is up on the chopping block first. I'm also eager to see how suspect testing and voting goes this time around. One thing that has really piqued my curiosity is how people will argue what should be Uber, since, as has been pointed out in this very thread, not having a counter doesn't mean anything anymore.

Wait sorry, 1500? Only 1 or 2 people on the whole ladder have even 1400!

edit: So if I'm reading the nomination process correctly, EVERYTHING is free to throw up on the chopping block if enough people agree it should be voted on? Hahaha . . . one word: Doryuuzu.
Agreed.

A team consisting of 6 Darkrais would be devastating if Sleep Clause didn't exist.

Well, Breloom would to.

The "best" team as of current is something that contains all of the broken pokemon that have synergy together.

And 1500 looks... high.

Will work on it. I have found shaymin-s underwhelming and Darkrai and Doryzuu broken as of now. Now to build a more serious team and kick ass.

Only pokemon I would consider nominating at this point are Darkrai, Manaphy and Deoxys-A (probably S), everything else fits in fine.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Darkrai and all deoxys forms excluding defense would be nice to get rid of. But that's just a pipe dream as I don't play enough nor am I that good.

If Shaymin-s isn't banned on smogon ladder, then that would be amazing. It means I can go back to using my sunny day team's growth shaymin firing off +2 STAB seed flares with an 80% chance to greatly drop sp. def and picking off all the leftovers with either air slash or earth power. Or a growth subseed set with just air slash. Underwhelming indeed.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've found Dory quite overrated to be honest (good, but overrated). Skymin, Darkrai and Wobbufett stand out as the cream of the crop at the moment.

Neat! Let's get this roaring, then!

I would imagine that technically any change to the banlist would be allowed. However, if you try to push for Nasty Plot Lum Berry Darkrai specifically I doubt that would get far. I think we can trust Philip & Co. (as well as the greater community) to know where the line is, lol.

(I imagine that a lot of people have exams so keep that in mind when solidifying your rating cutoff, guys :P)

Also, "soft nominations" so far in case people are that clueless as to how what people are thinking:

Darkrai x10
Shaymin-S x5
Deoxys x5 (people haven't been specifying formes so idk)
Manaphy x4
Doryuuzu x3
Latios x2
Politoed
Wobbuffet

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Seriously, are we going back to this? A lack of counters does not equal Uber. Garchomp has no real counters and there are actually people saying he's "not that good." >__> Sazandora has no real counters either, and yet it isn't even as popular as many other dragons. This is a meta where you will not (and cannot) have counters for everything.
I don't recall saying "no counters = Ubers" and I'm not interested in your vendetta against 4th gen precedents. I did say, however, that Latios is "too fucking powerful" and that's most of the reason I want to see it banned.

I'm very much aware that Sazandora has no safe switch-ins either (especially the Specs set; have you played against that shit?), but that just means that we need to keep our eye out for that one in the future as well.

Also, while we're naming off random Suspects, I think we should be looking at Deoxys (all forms), Darkrai, Latios, Shaymin, Politoed, and Manaphy.

vashta

"It was pretty cool to watch Tim Duncan from afar"
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
this will be entertaining. can't wait to see what happens to shaymin-s.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Just to play devils advocate for a moment; why are people nominating Politoed and then, in the same breath, Doryuuzu? If you're nominating Politoed I assume you believe that it is the provider of the weather condition that is broken under the support characteristic, and not the sweepers that benefit from it (eg. Kingdra). Why is it a different scenario with Doryuuzu - shouldn't Tyranitar and Hippowdon be the suspects?

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lee, I believe the main reason for that logic is that far more Pokemon can successfully abuse Rain than can abuse Sand--to bring perma-Rain within acceptable limits would require banning not only Kingdra, but also Ludicolo, Kabutops, Gorebyss, Qwilfish....Sand, on the other hand, was perfectly fine before Doryuuzu, and Doryuuzu is the main problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)