Red Dead Redemption [5th Gen RMT]

At a Glance:
_|_
_|_
_|_
_|_
_|_

Introduction:
So this is my second 5th gen team. Well first team what i've taked seriously, my last team was TR SS. But yeah, i was reading analyses of new pokemons and there was one pokemon what aroused my interest; Hihidaruma. Flare Blitz Encourage, it's something very cool. So heres my team based on Hihidaruma. Also like you can see, i have only one 5th gen pokemon in my team and still it works. Oldies but Goodies.

Forretress (M) @ Rugged Helmet
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 128 Def / 136 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
So yeah, i had simple idea what kind of team i'm going to build. I knew i need layers and Rapid Spinner because they are huge support for Hihidaruma. Forretress was clear choice fulling these criterions. Forretress is all over nice lead. It can set up his layers against various leads and other pokemon. One thing what i really like on Forry is that it can set-up his layers and rapid spin away opponents layers through game thanks for good defenses and typing. I know also 3 layers + Rapid Spin can be dangerous but it has worked very well. And i dislike Gyro Ball, Forretress has so small attack so it cant deal much of damage. Also i think all of those layers are important. Spikes + Stealth Rock helps a lot Hihidarumas and Latios Sweep and Toxic Spikes help me a lot with dealing Rain Dance teams. So i'm running 3 layers so long as someone gives me really good argument of using something else.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
Heres my second team member and teams "weakest" member. I've had a lot problems my team. Always i've faced something what beats me 6-0 and i've trying to change pokemons movesets and everything but still something hasn't worked. In this slot has been various pokemons as example Skymin, Dragonite and Garchomp. Currently i'm running Tyranitar what has worked so far pretty well. It's my anti-rain pokemon, Ghost pursuiter and it can also take some hits thanks for his bulks EV spread. I noticed i need something to come in Electric-type attacks and pokemons like Zapdos, so i decided Tyranitar. I know Tyranitar isn't true counter for Zapdos but still it's in my opinion best for that job in this situation. I decided to use CB set for his very strong Pursuit. Now i can Pursuit my opponent pokemons in early mid-game and weak them for Hihidaruma and Latios. Also i thought about ScarfTar but i already have 2 Scarfers so 3 would be more than enough.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 164 HP / 168 Def / 176 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Iron Head
- U-turn
Heres my second supporter Jirachi. Jirachis main job is keep other member especially Hihidaruma alive with Wish Support. Also Paralysis is huge help for Hihidaruma because almost everything faster than Hihidaruma can almost KO it. Tyranitar also enjoys slow opponents and hit them with powerful STAB attacks. U-Turn is great for scouting and it creates good combo with Wish. Jirachi has also Iron Head for doing a bit damage, my main strategy in though situation is Jirachis Flinch Parahax combo. I know how annoying it is, but i like it.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
And heres my second scarf sweeper. In my opinion Latios and Hihidaruma are awesome partners. They share their weakness pretty well, sadly not Rock-weakness. Also when Latios is cold stopped by walls like Blissey and Nattorei can Hihidaruma easily OHKO both of those two. Latios is great pokemon, he is fast and powerful. Latios can be used as mid-game sweeper and game finisher. In mid-game i just use hit-and-run strategy doing damage with Draco meteor and in late game finish with Dragon Pulse. It's so simple. Thunderbolt and Surf are for coverage what i lacked in my team.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roar
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Gyarados is my MVP. He's my backbone keeping me standing. Rest Talk Gyarados fits so great into my team. It can phaze around Set-uppers like Roohbushin and walls ruining them with Spikes damage and Toxic Spikes Poison. Gyarados is probably my main check for Rain Dance teams. I've noticed Toxic Spikes ruins badly RD teams so i can pretty easily wall those RD teams and stall them out. Also Gyarados has nice synergy with other pokemon. Imo Gyarados is unreplaceable.

Hihidaruma (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Encourage
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
Here comes the angry red doll. He is the Red Dead. Encourage + Flare Blitz does enormous damage and crush opponents team. I remember one game where i was losing 5-1 and i had only Hihidaruma left, game ended 1-0 for me. Hihidaruma is one of the most interesting pokemons in BW, Daruma Mode, Encourage… It's full of surprises. But this dude is so simple. His main job is come in and sweep with Flare Blitz weakened and slowed opponents. Sometimes he is switched out and healed with Wish. 4 Def EV's are for minimizing Stealth Rock Damage. I don't have more to say about this. He is cool. :p

So there was my team. Like you can see i didn't focused a lot on presentation and descriptions. I believe you still have enough information now. So, all suggestions are really welcome. :)

Threats
Biggest threats so far are Randorosu and Zapdos. I lack safe switch-in against both of them.

Battle between sups and Maketsu started!
Tier: Wifi Variation: +18, -13 Rule: Rated Rule: Sleep Clause Rule: Species Clause Rule: Wifi Battle
Maketsu sent out Forretress! sups sent out Infernape!
Start of turn 1
The foe's Infernape used Flamethrower! It's super effective! Forretress lost 351 HP! (99% of its health) Forretress held on thanks to Sturdy! Forretress was burned!
The foe's Infernape is hurt by its Life Orb! Forretress used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of sups's team!
Forretress is hurt by its burn!
Forretress fainted!
Maketsu sent out Latios!
Start of turn 2
Latios used Surf! It's super effective! The foe's Infernape lost 90% of its health! The foe's Infernape fainted!
sups sent out Sazandora!
Start of turn 3
Maketsu called Latios back! Maketsu sent out Jirachi!
The foe's Sazandora used Draco Meteor! It's not very effective... Jirachi lost 159 HP! (41% of its health) The foe's Sazandora's Sp. Att. sharply fell! The foe's Sazandora is hurt by its Life Orb!
Jirachi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Start of turn 4
sups called Sazandora back! sups sent out Jolteon!
The foe's Jolteon is hurt by spikes!
Jirachi used Thunder Wave! The foe's Jolteon's Volt Absorb absorbs the attack!
Jirachi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Start of turn 5
Maketsu called Jirachi back! Maketsu sent out Tyranitar!
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
The foe's Jolteon used Volt Change! Tyranitar lost 78 HP! (19% of its health) sups called Jolteon back! sups sent out Roobushin!
The foe's Roobushin is hurt by spikes!
The sandstorm rages! The foe's Roobushin is buffeted by the sandstorm! The foe's Roobushin restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Start of turn 6
The foe's Roobushin used Mach Punch! It's super effective! Tyranitar lost 326 HP! (80% of its health) Tyranitar fainted!
The sandstorm rages! The foe's Roobushin is buffeted by the sandstorm! The foe's Roobushin restored a little HP using its Leftovers! Maketsu sent out Jirachi!
Start of turn 7
sups called Roobushin back! sups sent out Sazandora!
Jirachi used U-turn! It's super effective! The foe's Sazandora lost 34% of its health! Maketsu called Jirachi back! Maketsu sent out Hihidaruma!
The sandstorm rages! Hihidaruma is buffeted by the sandstorm! The foe's Sazandora is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Start of turn 8
Hihidaruma used U-turn! It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's Sazandora lost 49% of its health!
The foe's Sazandora fainted!
Maketsu called Hihidaruma back! Maketsu sent out Jirachi!
The sandstorm rages!
Jirachi restored a little HP using its Leftovers! sups sent out Jolteon! The foe's Jolteon is hurt by spikes!
Start of turn 9
The foe's Jolteon used Thunderbolt! Jirachi lost 217 HP! (56% of its health)
Jirachi used Wish!
The sandstorm rages! The foe's Jolteon is buffeted by the sandstorm! Jirachi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Start of turn 10
Maketsu called Jirachi back! Maketsu sent out Latios!
The foe's Jolteon used Thunderbolt! It's not very effective... Latios lost 109 HP! (36% of its health)
Jirachi's wish came true!
The sandstorm rages! Latios is buffeted by the sandstorm! The foe's Jolteon is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Start of turn 11
sups called Jolteon back! sups sent out Kojondo! The foe's Kojondo is hurt by spikes!
Latios used Dragon Pulse! The foe's Kojondo lost 84% of its health!
The sandstorm rages! Latios is buffeted by the sandstorm! The foe's Kojondo is buffeted by the sandstorm! The foe's Kojondo fainted! sups sent out Mamoswine! The foe's Mamoswine is hurt by spikes!
Start of turn 12
Maketsu called Latios back! Maketsu sent out Gyarados!
Gyarados intimidates the foe's Mamoswine! The foe's Mamoswine's Attack fell! The foe's Mamoswine used Ice Shard! Gyarados lost 60 HP! (15% of its health) The foe's Mamoswine is hurt by its Life Orb!
The sandstorm rages! Gyarados is buffeted by the sandstorm! Gyarados restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Start of turn 13
The foe's Mamoswine used Stone Edge! It's super effective! Gyarados lost 204 HP! (51% of its health) The foe's Mamoswine is hurt by its Life Orb!
Gyarados used Roar! The foe's Jolteon is hurt by spikes! The foe's Jolteon was dragged out!
The sandstorm rages! The foe's Jolteon is buffeted by the sandstorm! Gyarados is buffeted by the sandstorm! Gyarados restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Start of turn 14
Maketsu called Gyarados back! Maketsu sent out Jirachi!
The foe's Jolteon used Volt Change! Jirachi lost 98 HP! (25% of its health) Jirachi fainted! sups called Jolteon back!
sups sent out Mamoswine!
The foe's Mamoswine is hurt by spikes!
The sandstorm rages!
Maketsu sent out Hihidaruma!
Start of turn 15
sups called Mamoswine back! sups sent out Roobushin! The foe's Roobushin is hurt by spikes!
Hihidaruma used Flare Blitz! The foe's Roobushin lost 75% of its health! Hihidaruma is hit with recoil!
The foe's Roobushin fainted!
The sandstorm rages! Hihidaruma is buffeted by the sandstorm! sups sent out Jolteon! The foe's Jolteon is hurt by spikes!
Start of turn 16
Hihidaruma used Flare Blitz! The foe's Jolteon lost 43% of its health! Hihidaruma is hit with recoil! The foe's Jolteon fainted!
The sandstorm rages! Hihidaruma is buffeted by the sandstorm! sups sent out Mamoswine! The foe's Mamoswine is hurt by spikes!
Start of turn 17
The foe's Mamoswine used Ice Shard! It's not very effective... Hihidaruma lost 77 HP! (21% of its health) The foe's Mamoswine is hurt by its Life Orb!
Hihidaruma used Flare Blitz! It's super effective! The foe's Mamoswine lost 32% of its health! Hihidaruma is hit with recoil! The foe's Mamoswine fainted!
Maketsu won the battle!
sups: Great Game Maketsu: gg

The only change I would consider on this team so far is Volt Change on Forretress. Usually He has Payback to deal with Spin Blockers, but that never really works. Volt Change, albeit with some prediction, allows you to hit the Spin Blocker as they come in and sent in Tar. From here, Pursuit should OHKO no matter what the enemy is, even if they don't switch out.

Hi! I disagree with the above poster, Payback is needed on Foretress. Pretty solid team, just one nitpick. Dragon Tail over Roar on Gyarados. This gives him perfect coverage while still keeping the ability to phase. Gl with your team!

Thanks for replies.

@XxBraedonxX Sorry, but i dont see the sense of using Volt Change on Forretress. It doesn't deal damage and you only get one switch out. One layer of entry hazards does more damage than Volt Change.

@Plusle Legendary Roar or Dragon Tail problem. I know Dragon Tail gives better coverage but theres one BIG minus, it doesn't work through Substitute. So, i'm not replacing Roar with Dragon Tail (yet).

@MixedCalibur Yeah, that's true and i still OHKO randorosu. Why i didnt noticed that by myself. :p Definitely Surf over IB.

Payback should be used on Forretress to prevent him from becoming taunt bait, and with all the new mischievous heart users, taunt is more common than ever. You also may want to run trick over thunderbolt on Latios to ruin Blissey and other walls. Anyway, good luck with you're team.

PS: Is that Gunther in your avy?

Njah, i still dislike using Payback. I know Taunt has become more common in BW, but im sure that Forry with Payback cant do respectable damage to any common Taunter. Gliscor, no way. Gyarados, no way. Borutoresu, no way. Erufuun, no way. There was 4 common Taunter which came first in to my mind. So i'm still running 3 layers and if i get Taunted i just switch-out. :|

I also dislike Trick over Thunderbolt. Without Thunderbolt i lack coverage and blissey and other walls isn't problem.

And yes, it is Gunther. :p

And now smogonites, fire your rates!

Njah, i still dislike using Payback. I know Taunt has become more common in BW, but im sure that Forry with Payback cant do respectable damage to any common Taunter. Gliscor, no way. Gyarados, no way. Borutoresu, no way. Erufuun, no way. There was 4 common Taunter which came first in to my mind. So i'm still running 3 layers and if i get Taunted i just switch-out. :|

I also dislike Trick over Thunderbolt. Without Thunderbolt i lack coverage and blissey and other walls isn't problem.

And yes, it is Gunther. :p

And now smogonites, fire your rates!
Actually, if you use Trick over Thunderbolt and Surf over Ice Beam, you get near perfect coverage.

I'm not quite liking how you have -all- of your team's entry hazards piled on Forrettress. You can be pretty damn sure that they are likely to bring in a Fire Type first chance they get on that thing, and you'd likely only be allowed two hazards.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I agree with the above poster. Also, you're asking for suggestions but seem to be shooting everything down from what I can see.

I would suggest the following:

Replace Stealth Rock with Volt Change. I know you said you didn't like it, but this will make sure you're not pure Taunt bait (Rapid Spin as an attack? Hah.) It will also give you a way to escape any Magnezones and Shadow Tag pokemon and another (albeit, sort of weak) move to use against Waters.

As for your Electric problem that you mentioned, I would suggest running Hippowdon over Tyrannitar. You said yourself that he's your weakest team member, and this would still enable you to deal with rival weather changers as well as give you another poke to throw Stealth Rock on, freeing up a slot for Forretress. A simple set of Stealth Rock/Earthquake/Slack Off/Roar can help you shuffle opposing pokes through your various entry hazards, reveal their team, AND provide a great partner for your Gyarados.

Thanks for replies.

I'm not shooting down all suggestions. As example first Volt Change suggestion i didn't liked because i would losed one hazard, but your suggestion (BiGGiE) is better because now i can use Hippo as Stealth Rocker. And maybe i didn't took first suggestion so serious because VOlt Change on Forry sounds a bit ridiculous imo. At least it breaks Sashes.

But thanks for your good suggestion BiGGiE, im going to now test first Hippo over Tyranitar. Hippo also helps me against Roohbushin which has been problem well played.

Have you considered using a custap berry on forry? You lose the ability to break sashes (the sandstorm will do it thouh albeit a little later) but unless you taunted your almost guaranted to get at least two layers of hazards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)