Shibirudon, Eat Moar Chikin! (Offensive OU Team)

Hey, guys! I haven't actually gotten Pokemon Online on my computer yet, but I wanted to build a team that revolved around Shibirudon. He's just so awesomely derpish, isn't he (Levitate. I rest my case)? So, without further ado, here iiiis:

SHIBIRUDON, EAT MOAR CHIKIN!

TEAM PROCESS
At first, this team was mostly centered around Breloom and Victini, who have amazing type synergy together. Shibirudon was in there, but mostly because I felt like I needed an Electric-type on the team.

Eventually, I decided that Victini wouldn't be able to do the job that I wanted, and Breloom was more of a revenge-killer than a main Pokemon. I thought for a while about how I could make a unique team. Then, I remebered about Shibirudon. He could really be a great offensive threat, and a lot of people wouldn't expect him. The only thing holding him down was his crappy Speed.

I firmly believe that every "star" Pokemon in a team has to have a partner right beside them. Shibi would need to have Baton Pass support in order to do his best, and him getting more Speed was top priority. So, after going through a bunch of different Pokemon, I settled on one who wouldn't need to use a lot of turns building up speed while leaving itself vulnerable to attack, and also maybe even sweep while boosting: Blaziken.

Next thing I wanted was to have a Pokemon that didn't stand inside the Shibirudon support circle, and that could help me out when the electric eel went down. I already had mixed and physical sweepers, so I tried to choose a Pokemon for the special end of the spectrum. And the best special sweeper I could find was none other than Latios.

Next up was a back-up plan for Shibirudon in case Blaziken died before BPing. Scizor, one of the best Baton Passers of 4th gen, was an obvious choice.

Doryuzu, while being one of the best sweepers nowadays, didn't really fit onto my team. And if you don't have him on your team, you need at least one counter for him. What resists both Earthquake and Rock Slide, two of his main moves? Breloom, of course! Not only is he a great Dory check, Breloom also makes for an awesome revenge killer.

Finally, I needed a Pokemon to lead the whole effort. I felt that a suicide lead fitted my style best, so (while I considered Infernape) I decided to go with Deoxys-A.

Darth Squidious (Deoxys-A) @ Focus Sash
Rash Ability
252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Ability: Pressure
- Stealth Rock
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Extremespeed

Now that a ton of formerly-Uber Pokemon have been sent down to OU, Deoxys-A may now be the best suicide lead in the tier. After setting up Stealth Rock, he's almost guaranteed to score at least one KO with Psycho Boost or Superpower. For a last resort, he can use Extremespeed.

Shibi (Shibirudon) @ Leftovers
Mild Nature
252 SpA / 176 HP / 80 Spe
Ability: Levitate
- Coil
- Thunder
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Claw

The star of the team, Shibirudon can be a great mixed sweeper / wallbreaker when he reaches his full potential. Shibirudon has a decent amount of bulk normally, allowing him to survive being switched in on most attacks. He can spam Coil from there, raising his Attack, Defense (making him more and more bulky), and Accuracy. After he does enough of that, Shibirudon's free to tear things up with Thunder and Dragon Claw, surprising Nattorei that try to wall him with Flamethrower.

EV's: Shibirudon needs to max out his Special Attack, since it's basically the only stat that he can't raise. The Mild Nature does this while sacrificing Defense, which can easily be brought back up with Claw Sharpen.

Shoryuken (Blaziken) @ Balloon
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def (for lulz)
Ability: Speed Boost
- Hi Jump Kick
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Shibirudon needs a lot of Baton Pass support in order to be truly effective (he won't be sweeping anything with that Speed). But while you're busy raising your stats for the pass, why not pull off a sweep in the process? Enter: Blaziken. One of the most-hyped Pokemon of 5th Gen, the flaming chicken got a godsend in the form of Speed Boost. He can use Swords Dance on the first turn, and then raise hell on the opponent with HJK and Night Slash (which give him perfect neutral coverage) as his Speed steadily increases. Once Blaziken feels satisfied (or he's about to die), he can inherit his buffed-up stats to Shibirudon.

Jet (Latios) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Abilty: Levitate
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power Fire
- Trick

Latios is the special sweeper of the team. Trick allows him to screw with an opponent's offense, and then let loose with Draco Meteor. Dragon, Water, and Fire give Latios great coverage, and... Really, you've heard all about this thing, right? None of this information should be new to you.

Yoshi (Breloom) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 242 Spe / 12 Def
Ability: Technician
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore

Along with Blaziken, Ninetales, and Politoed, Breloom probably got one of the best gifts from Dream World in Technician. Mach Punch and Bullet Seed boosted to extremely high power? Yes, please. Add that to the fact that he resists Doryuzu's infamous Earthquake makes Breloom my best counter to the mole.

Red Steel (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
252 SpD / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Ability: Technician
- Bullet Punch
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Roost

Scizor's main duty is to pass on speed to Shibirudon in case Blaziken dies before doing so. Roost lets him live longer, and therefore raise up his speed as much as possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please comment and give out helpful advice. I hope you enjoy the team!​

Hippowdon seems kind of detrimental to your team, seeing as only Scizor is immune. With passive sandstorm damage, your team will be worn down, especially those with Life Orb. In addition, it pretty much makes Lefties useless on Blaziken because it is only negating the Sandstorm damage, not healing at all. For your Blaziken set, I would recommend running Balloon over Lefties, as it gives you a chance to set up while the opponent wastes a turn popping the balloon, as many pokemon rely on Earthquake to take that fire chicken out.

Here's a set I have used to much success.

Blaziken@Balloon
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Adamant/Jolly (I prefer Adamant because it lacks life orb to provide extra power)
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Def
- Swords Dance/Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Hi Jump Kick
- Baton Pass

I would also recommend running Flamethrower on your Shibirudon just to KO those unsuspecting Nattorei and Scizor who wall you otherwise (Brick Break really doesn't do that much to Nattorei because of its high Def, and you will take both Iron Barbs/Rugged Helmet/Life Orb recoil, meaning you die before it does while it Leech Seeds you.

As for a lead, I would suggest something that doesn't cause damaging weather... Perhaps Deoxys-A? Might as well abuse it seeing as it isn't banned for now. Besides, your team seems to be offensively-oriented, meaning that Hippowdon is a little out of place. But anyways, I personally like Shibirudon as well, and I use it in my own Sandstorm team (You can check it out in my siggy) so props to you for using that no-weaknesses monster :)

Good team overall, but try to make sure every member of your team actively does something for it. Good luck with the rest of your endeavors and I hope I helped.

:D

Thanks for the comments! I'm glad someone else sees how good Shibi is, even with the low speed. You have a good point with the Flamethrower, too. It's funny, Deoxys-A was one of my top candidates for lead position. I only chose Hippowdon for coverage, but I'll change it.

One thing, though... Uuh, I never used Leftovers on Blaziken. I used Life Orb. :P

Hey bud!
There are 2 quick suggestions I have for your team!

First off is Blaziken
As amazing as this poke is, Fighting/Fire only provides mediocre coverage.
Fire is resisted by Water, Dragon, Rock and Fire. Fighting Only hits Rock for SE damage
Fighting is resisted by Poison, Flying, Psychic, Bug, and Ghost. Fire only hits Bug for SE damage
I suggest replacing Blaze Kick with Night Slash, for perfect neutral coverage bar Toxicroak, who is unseen in OU. Plus, it allows Blaziken to single-handedly take out Burungeru/Nattorei cores, hittin SE on both

Next is Shirbirudon
As great of a poke he is, there is no getting by that terrible speed. It is best to invest in his Hp stat instead, only placing enough EVs to outspeed notable threats. Since he will usually be attacked by priority/revengers anyways, extra bulk is much appreciated. 80 Evs allows you to outspeed base 115s with a plus nature after a +2, and is how many I would recommend.
And, at least IMO, Thunder > Zap Cannon. The 100% paralysis is great, but it is unusable before a Coil, and still has less accuracy than a normal Thunder. Meanwhile Thunder hits 91% accuracy after a Coil, is usable beforehand, and still has about a 1/3 chance in paralysis

Good Luck and have fun :)

Hey bud!
There are 2 quick suggestions I have for your team!

First off is Blaziken
As amazing as this poke is, Fighting/Fire only provides mediocre coverage.
Fire is resisted by Water, Dragon, Rock and Fire. Fighting Only hits Rock for SE damage
Fighting is resisted by Poison, Flying, Psychic, Bug, and Ghost. Fire only hits Bug for SE damage
I suggest replacing Blaze Kick with Night Slash, for perfect neutral coverage bar Toxicroak, who is unseen in OU. Plus, it allows Blaziken to single-handedly take out Burungeru/Nattorei cores, hittin SE on both

Next is Shirbirudon
As great of a poke he is, there is no getting by that terrible speed. It is best to invest in his Hp stat instead, only placing enough EVs to outspeed notable threats. Since he will usually be attacking last anyways, extra bulk is much appreciated.
And, at least IMO, Thunder > Zap Cannon. The 100% paralysis is great, but it is unusable before a Coil, and still has less accuracy than a normal Thunder. Meanwhile Thunder hits 91% accuracy after a Coil, is usable beforehand, and still has about a 1/3 chance in paralysis

Good Luck and have fun :)
You make a good point. But you're forgetting the most important thing in a Pokemon team: teamwork. I should have mentioned this in the comments, but Latios has fantastic type synergy with Blaziken. He takes... Oh, you're talking about offensive coverage (I was halfway through writing this reply when I realized). Sorry 'bout that. Maybe I'll change Blaze Kick.

You're right about Thunder for Shibirudon, as he may not live long enough to get Zap Cannon fully useful. As for the speed, you have to remember that Blaziken and Scizor are boosting it up before switching to Shibi. I could divide up the HP and Speed EVs, though.

Thanks for the comment!

You make a good point. But you're forgetting the most important thing in a Pokemon team: teamwork. I should have mentioned this in the comments, but Latios has fantastic type synergy with Blaziken. He takes... Oh, you're talking about offensive coverage (I was halfway through writing this reply when I realized). Sorry 'bout that. Maybe I'll change Blaze Kick.

You're right about Thunder for Shibirudon, as he may not live long enough to get Zap Cannon fully useful. As for the speed, you have to remember that Blaziken and Scizor are boosting it up before switching to Shibi. I could divide up the HP and Speed EVs, though.

Thanks for the comment!
Yeah, I edited in the EV split while you were replying. I suggested 80 EVs in speed, which allows you to outspeed base 115s with a positive nature. It allows you to invest 176 EVs into Hp, which helps slot while Coiling up

He really doesn't need his speed though.... I realize you like the mon but he isnt meant to be a sweeper... You're better off using Blaziken.
His team is centred around passing speed Boosts to Shirb to pull off a sweep. You're asking him to change the objective of his team.

IMO, you should run a +SpA -Def nature to give him Thunder and Flamethrower some more oomph, while Coil makes up for the lost Defense.
Run 176 Hp, 252 SpA, 80 Spe
this allows you to outspeed +115s after a +2 boost. No attack EVs are needed thanks to Coil

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)