Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MeGaMaN X

Online, you can battle with an Auto-100 rule (and many others) so you don't have to Rare candy your pokemon. This also applies for a Lv. 50 rule, in which all Pokemon, above OR below Lv 50, will have their level (and Stat's accordingly) altered

quick question: Super Luck Vs Serene Grace - What works better for Critical hits?

also, does Kings rock add to either of these two abilities? if so, to what extent?
Serene Grace has no bearing whatsoever on crits.
Assuming King's Rock hasn't changed see here: http://www.smogon.com/dp/items/kings_rock

Also reposting from a few pages ago:

-Will You First hit a target (ally in this case) behind a Substitute?
-Will Herbivore (and other immune to type abilities) activate behind a Sub? (Pretty sure yes but just want to confirm)
--By extension, will status moves of the appropriate type activate the ability behind a Sub? (Ditto from above)
-Will Justice Heart activate behind a Sub while the Sub takes damage?

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Dark Froslass said:
is there any use for Sludge Bomb on Gengar?
To an extent, no. Sludge Bomb doesn't hit anything significant in comparison to the coverage already given by the powerful Shadow Ball and Focus Blast Combination. If you do choose to go with it, it's an inferior STAB move.

@Edal - are you sure? I thought Serene grace effected moves like Air slash? (ie, has extra crit chance over normal moves)

oh look, you disproved yourself -
Link given to me said:
a Serene Grace Pokemon using Air Slash while holding King's Rock has a 0.6 + (1 - 0.6) * 0.1 = 64% chance to flinch.
thanks anyway though!

@JT - yes, it does, but Whirlwind has -3 priority, and no move in the game has -2, so it has no effect whatsoever

I downloaded Slipperjean's damage calculator, but it doesn't work on my computer.

1) Does anyone know where I can find a fifth gen damage calculator?
2) When will one be implemented on-site?

Also, unrelated question
3) It says that QC checks will begin for 5th gen analysises, but I haven't seen any. Does anyone know whats going on with those?

I know that they say they're starting QC checks, but I haven't seen one approval yet. Does someone know the situation on this or when they will begin performing checks.

And htanks for the damage calc, but I think Smogon's is more useful, as i can find pokemon with similar bulk and typing and move those a bit. But thanks anyway!

@Edal - are you sure? I thought Serene grace effected moves like Air slash? (ie, has extra crit chance over normal moves)

oh look, you disproved yourself -

thanks anyway though!
Flinch =/= crit.
Serene Grace does not affect crit chances.
Air CUTTER has a higher crit rate.
Air SLASH has 30% flinch chance.
Super Luck would increase the crit stage.
Serene Grace would raise the flinch rate.
King's Rock simply tacks on to the existing flinch rate if it exists. Has nothing to do with crits.
Not sure how you're getting confused here. But you have your answer so whatever.

Can someone come up with on the top of their heads some first to third generation physical grass type moves that a Breloom can learn besides Bullet Seed? Thank you.

Can someone come up with on the top of their heads some first to third generation physical grass type moves that a Breloom can learn besides Bullet Seed? Thank you.
Grass wasn't physical from the first to third Gens. So there weren't any physical Grass moves.

But some good physical 4th Gen Grass moves are Seed Bomb and Power Whip.

will som1 post a link to a download for the shoddy battle replacement and a quick sentance on what i need to know to dl/connect to the new smogon server?

ive been w/o smogon shoddy for awhile and.. i need.. pokemon!!! TOO MUCH WORK TO SEARCH! and this is directly related to uncharted territory because i need the courage to face new and unusual japanese named pokes

will som1 post a link to a download for the shoddy battle replacement and a quick sentance on what i need to know to dl/connect to the new smogon server?

ive been w/o smogon shoddy for awhile and.. i need.. pokemon!!! TOO MUCH WORK TO SEARCH! and this is directly related to uncharted territory because i need the courage to face new and unusual japanese named pokes
Go to this link and click on "Downloads".

Click on Mac if you have a Mac, or Windows if you have a Windows.

Click the download button, then wait. When it finishes downloading, click launch.

Grass wasn't physical from the first to third Gens. So there weren't any physical Grass moves.

But some good physical 4th Gen Grass moves are Seed Bomb and Power Whip.
Yeah, I know, but I'm replaying my Sapphire and all the powerful Grass type moves are Special and my Breloom doesn't exactly have the most powerful Special Attack stat. There's Leaf Blade, but Breloom can't learn that. Oh well, I guess I'll see how Bullet Seed works out. Thanks.

Yeah, I know, but I'm replaying my Sapphire and all the powerful Grass type moves are Special and my Breloom doesn't exactly have the most powerful Special Attack stat. There's Leaf Blade, but Breloom can't learn that. Oh well, I guess I'll see how Bullet Seed works out. Thanks.
But even Bullet Seed is special.
Every grass move in Gens 1 through 3 are special.

What move is recommended for AgiliGross-Zen Headbutt, Ice Punch or Thunderpunch?
Depends on what moves you have so far.
Assuming it's Meteor Mash and Earthquake...
Zen Headbutt is my favorite because it's good STAB and can hurt Rotom-A.

Ice Punch is only for Dragonite and Flygon, but they die to Meteor Mash.
ThunderPunch is only for Gyarados, but you should have other ways to kill Gyara anyway.

So I'm going to go with Zen Headbutt. But it's really a matter of preference.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
How many speed EV's should I give to my adamant electivire?? What are some of the new threats that I should try to outspeed. I'd like a list of things that I should try to outspeed after 1 speed boost, and I'd also like a list of things I should try to outspeed without a speed boost.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Generation 4 was really a welcome change to pokemon battling. In gens 1-3 moves were either special or physical, but it was based on the type of the move, rather than the move itself. Now, in generations 4 and 5, moves aren't made special or physical based on their type, but by the move itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)