Aron

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just a note, Shell Bell isn't obtainable in Black/White yet, so it's "technically" illegal.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just a note, Shell Bell isn't obtainable in Black/White yet, so it's "technically" illegal.
Not true. I didn't need to hack one up to test Shell Bell + Endeavor. I have no idea where I got it in-game (because I wasn't paying attention), but it's there.

I forgot to mention the most important thing about using this set. Your opponent's reaction as a level one Aron sweeps a large portion of their team. Absolutely priceless.

OH FUCKING GOD I HATE THAT SON OF A BITCH.The first time i got swept by it my face was just...-_-
Well anyway the best thing to is DO NOT FUCKING ATTACK IT.Switch on the obv endeavor.Attack it then with your 12 Hp.It kills you but atleast you dont get swept.Or just fucking keep Sr on the field ^.^

ya probopass is pointless when aron does this job so well, unfortunately the best aron counter is sr
also doesnt aron get quick attack to finish off 1hp opponents

I just want to say that the better name for this strategy is SABER

Sturdy Aron shell Bell Endeavor Recovery strategy.

Yeah, pairing this guy up with Shadow Tag Shanderaa or Pursuit Spiritomb to wreck Ghosts is a pretty effective strategy. Then, once the ghost is dead, they have no spinblocker, so you just Rapid Spin away the Spikes problem and continue using Endeavor like a G6. With not playing like an idiot, it can be fairly good at shutdowns.

Still haven't been swept by this. Burn, Spikes, SR, Hail, Leech Seed, multi-hit attacks, Trick, steel pokemon (resist SS and immune to poison), ghosts, paralysis, sleep, there are plenty of ways to interrupt this thing. It isn't unreasonable for a decent team to have at least some of those options.

ive beaten this with my nidoking(immune to sandstorm and poison)

it was already low health, so endeavor didnt do much, i stayed in he couldnt do anything, and then couldnt heal by endeavoring again

i also run a sableye to easily take it out

however it isnt hard to imagine a team that isnt prepared getting swept by it

breh

強いだね
Just gonna post here to clear up some minor confusions:

For one Aron is the best of the sturdy endeavorers. Donphan only exists at the worse level of 5 (pomeg glitch only works in emerald... seriously guys you didn't know that? In all pre DP games eggs hatch at level 5 so thus donphan is lvl 5). Even then, priority is illegal with it until you get to level 25 (dp egg move so thus it needs to be born in sinnoh so thus no pomeg glitch so thus no level 5 donphan).

So, yeah, I'd say aron is better overall.

Anyway you need a pretty amazing spinner or antilead for this to work. of the things I can think of, the only thing I can imagine is like... cb cloyster or some gimmicky shit like that. I geuss Espeon is always viable though (it's been released right?), but it doesn't exactly keep rocks off (rather, it just forces a switch).

Finally you need t-spikes and sr to sweep with this and make sure that the pokemon you're fighting does not carry multi hit moves (I.E.... pretty much cloyster and a few grass types). Safeguard is a curious gimmick.

Oh and also: does leech seed come before sandstorm?

Im actually liking Pain Split Nosepass much much more then this as it can spare the moveslot to run Leftovers so hail dsn't screw it up and its not walled by ghosts either.

I haven't played Wifi in a long time due to a lack of wireless routers, but I was under the impression wifi battles auto-balanced all pokemon to level 50 or level 100, depending on which category you chose.
So shouldn't level 1 pokemon be illegal any way, since Smogon aims to keep the simulators as close to the real thing as possible?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Just gonna post here to clear up some minor confusions:

For one Aron is the best of the sturdy endeavorers. Donphan only exists at the worse level of 5 (pomeg glitch only works in emerald... seriously guys you didn't know that? In all pre DP games eggs hatch at level 5 so thus donphan is lvl 5). Even then, priority is illegal with it until you get to level 25 (dp egg move so thus it needs to be born in sinnoh so thus no pomeg glitch so thus no level 5 donphan).
but but

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pomeg_Glitch

Or does the Egg thing doesn't work in DPPt?

Nowhere does it say you can battle with an egg in Gen IV- they might have fixed that part of the glitch. It would require testing.

EDIT: I've looked at some videos I've found on youtube and it appears that in gen IV the fainted pokemon is sent out, not the egg.

everyone say residual damage or hail or ghost type or this or can stops Aron, ya but everything has a counter doesnt it? This is one the best Sturdy abuse gimmicks that actually works.

You say leech seed and will-o-wisp stops this thing? Yes it does, but only after it has taken out at least one of your pokes. And you realise you cant switch your pokemon with leech seed/will-o-wisp in because you get killed that same turn do you? So lets make that two pokemon this tiny aron kills.

And leech seed, burn,and phazing doesnt really stop this guy cause they dont actually kill him, but brings his health down by a percentage while Aron still endeavors you. It just means that Aron gets 1 kill instead of sweeping a whole team. Tricking Aron an item has a similar effect.

Compared to Nosepass, a successful endeavor by Aron kills the opponent in 1 hit while a painsplit from Nose reduces the enemy to half, then to a quarter, then to an eighth before finally becoming 1/16 where SS can finally kill it. Takes four turns to achieve what Aron does in a single turn. And dont say you can Magic Coat back the Taunts and Leech Seed back cause if you predict wrong and they attack you instead, you straight away lose.

Doesn't hail counter probopass/aron really easily?

Also why is level 2 probopass legal? I thought the lowest level nosepass you could get is level 5

Probopass can easily run Leftovers as it dsn't need shell bell to heal itself back because Pain split is already doing that so no Hail wont do anything to Probopass but Aron is dieing.Saying that Aron is better because it can kill the opponent in one turn is kind of silly tbh because they are both achieving the same result.

Probopass can easily run Leftovers as it dsn't need shell bell to heal itself back because Pain split is already doing that so no Hail wont do anything to Probopass but Aron is dieing.Saying that Aron is better because it can kill the opponent in one turn is kind of silly tbh because they are both achieving the same result.
I thought Sandstorm/Hail hit before Leftovers recovery?

I thought Sandstorm/Hail hit before Leftovers recovery?
It does. that's why it works:

Opponent attacks. Sturdy Activates.
Probopass pain splits. Full hp.
Hail strikes. Probopass at 94% hp.
Leftover activates. Probopass at full hp again, ready to sturdy pain split.

It does. that's why it works:

Opponent attacks. Sturdy Activates.
Probopass pain splits. Full hp.
Hail strikes. Probopass at 94% hp.
Leftover activates. Probopass at full hp again, ready to sturdy pain split.
Oh my bad, for some reason I was thinking of a situation where Probopass would be at 6% and die from Hail before Leftovers recovery, but that'd never really happen because of Pain Split.

Does that allow battling with an egg?
In all the youtube videos I've seen (there don't appear to be many on the subject though) a pokemon with weird/o/negative hp is sent out, not the egg. But then again they didn't have an egg in their party.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)