VGC 2011 rules up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that this is an announcement made primarily for the TCG where you really cannot enter a national tournament outside of your resident country. I don't think they'll do that for VGC next year, although I can imagine it happening in the years to come.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Question about Nationals. Does anything important happen on the first day? I will be finishing up my Grad trip to Disneyland on the 8th, so I'd have to fly home that day and probably fly out to Indianapolis that same night (I live in BC obviously). I'll only be going to Nats if I get an invite. If I don't get an invite then I'm going to Worlds for the last minute rounds.
8th would be LCQ. If you've already qualified there's nothing on the 8th aside from fiercely cheering on Smogonites.

As drug_duck pointed out, the US TCG Nationals will be US only, but I doubt VGC will be due to how few countries have a Nationals tournament. It would be a definite step backwards if they went to the JAA way of excluding non-Americans.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nationals is in June but Worlds is in August.

I asked Chou Toshio to look into battle options and he had this to say:
So I looked into some of the various local battle options. IR battles start automatically with no team preview, and having Miracle Shooter.
Looks like we'll be using local wireless. Highly doubt they'll use IR.

breh

強いだね

So, team preview is standard then?

YESSSS my years of playing pbr have paid off :)

Oh, he already told me the same thing. I said it on the Skarmbliss server at one point.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
To be exact, Nationals are in the first week of July, but they were in June last year.
The weekend of June 24, correct? (Last year, er, well, this year, but you know what I mean) Anyways, after being opposed to the new rules at first, I've started to play with them and I really enjoy them. No having to worry about a kajillion Pokemon, and it's really going to involve more skill this year, and in some cases just who has the better team matchup.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I wonder if the qualifiers will start later, or if there will just be a gap, or if there will be more of them?

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I wonder if the qualifiers will start later, or if there will just be a gap, or if there will be more of them?
OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MORE QUALIFIERS FOR THE WIN. Seriously, though, that's what I thought when I first saw that too.

OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MORE QUALIFIERS FOR THE WIN. Seriously, though, that's what I thought when I first saw that too.
MORE NORTHEAST MORE NORTHEAST

I doubt my chances muchly as this is the first time I go to a VGC AND i've heard there are a LOT of people in the NE regionals. ;\

Firestorm

I talked to Nick McCord a while ago and he said that TPCi told him they would be having more stops this coming season. So most likely that.
Vancouver and Toronto would be pretty awesome =) We'd need them to be on different weekends from the US events so Nick could MC of course.

I wouldn't mind another New Jersey stop.
Also Firestorm, go into the Skarmbliss Server instead of just being on the Smogon one in the VGC 2011 thing or at least be on both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)