Crawdaunt

This thing looks interesting. With Adaptability, this thing's Waterfall hurts more than Gyarados'. Also why not use Jolly on DD set, perhaps to outspeed some key things? (I'm not an expert in UU, so I'm not sure what it needs to outspeed).

Dream World Vulpix gets Dark Pulse, Dream World Corphish gets nothing but egg moves. 'Tis a cruel world, my star-headed crustacean friend

wouldnt be that guy with 200 power payback hilarious? he is slower than everything else and with maxed out def evs and att of course?

wouldnt be that guy with 200 power payback hilarious? he is slower than everything else and with maxed out def evs and att of course?
Would be a good idea, except with those cardboard defenses, it won't last through too much even with investment. Adaptibility is awesome, but lack of priority is extremely saddening. No Aqua Jet is kinda understandable (it's a fat lobster), but no Sucker Punch? Oh, Gamefreak :(

Cooky

Banned deucer.
Just posting to say that Superpower could be slashed onto the Dragon Dance set for its ability to OHKO Nattorei at +1, a pokemon who is extremely common and otherwise an absolute full stop to Crawdaunt. Outside of this it also hurts defensive intimidate Zuruzukin more, Sazandora who resists your STABs and OHKOs and Empoleon.

Also he really appreciates Wobbuffet support in that Scarfed revengers commonly outspeed him at +1 and OHKO, such as Scarftar or Garchomp, so he would love those to be removed quickly.

he could make an ambush out of sand, same goes for sharpedo out of the deep, but designers are sometimes unreasonable, they should make them bulky like kingler but with other pros and contras but this physical def is for an lobster with shell armor weird

maybe abuse that atts with baton pass users, but i think there would be more targets who can get a swordsdance bonus?

breh

強いだね
Such a pity that this poor guy doesn't get agility. Kingler got it last gen but what use did it have for it?

Oh well. Outclassed by encourage Feraligatr I guess.. 120 BP STABs + Dragon Dance is pretty cool though, not going to lie.

Agility has a lot of use on Kingler. You know, now he outspeeds stuff. Kingler also has base 130 Attack.

Poor Crawdaunt. Maybe next gen.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Meh, forget about agility. Crawdaunt has found his home on trick room teams anyway with adaptability at his disposal. Agility doesn't save you from priority anyway. ;_;

Meh, forget about agility. Crawdaunt has found his home on trick room teams anyway with adaptability at his disposal. Agility doesn't save you from priority anyway. ;_;
Crawdaunt resists Ice Shard/Aqua Jet/Bullet Punch/Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch, though it can still be taken down with Mach Punch/E-Speed/Quick Attack.

A problem with crawdaunt is that +1 speed is still quite slow, and its taken down by mach punchers that cover other important sweepers.

When tutors give it aqua jet and sucker punch, oh boy.

lol, sucker punch would be logical and/or balanced, but jet too? that would stronger than each technician and no pokemon got 2 prioritiymoves at once, maybe the reason why sharpedo has no sucker punch

lol, sucker punch would be logical and/or balanced, but jet too? that would stronger than each technician and no pokemon got 2 prioritiymoves at once, maybe the reason why sharpedo has no sucker punch
Scizor has Quick Attack and Bullet Punch. There are plenty of others as well.

The reason Sharpedo lacks Sucker Punch is that it is a PUNCH. Sharks don't punch things.

Except in Japan the move translates as Ambush, which sharks do. It's the reason Iron Fist doesn't power up Sucker Punch :)

*ninjaed*

I'm sorry, but... why... the HELL... does Crawdaunt... get DRAGON DANCE?? =___=
That's all I can ever really seem to think about with this guy.

In any case, nice writeup, but he's never making it to OU. Horrifically outclassed by Feraligatr, who has better stats, better movepool, and better ability. The only thing Crawdaunt has over him is STAB on Crunch.

The same reason Whiscash gets Dragon Dance ... there is no reason. Just another way to piss off Garchomp some more - although I think the world is better for not having a DD Chomp.

The same reason Whiscash gets Dragon Dance ... there is no reason. Just another way to piss off Garchomp some more - although I think the world is better for not having a DD Chomp.
That it most certainly is, Dragon Dance Garchomp *shudders*. It would love that with that Shark face.

Crawdaunt can go mix Dance with Dragon Dance/Waterfall/Crunch/Surf or use Brick Break (mainly for Empoleon and Nattorei but Nattorei can be a problem). Brick Break does 2 hit ko Nattorei after Dragon Dance and Adaptability Surf can 1 hit ko Hippowdon and 2 Skarmory. Crawdaunt's low speed is such an annoyance though, can't even outrun the Horse dudes who'll try to switch in on Crunch and beat him up as well as 110+s.

Edit-Wait, it learns Superpower as an egg move. Use that instead since it pretty much 1 hit koes Nattorei after Dragon Dance (81.25-96.02 to Max hp/Max def, any damage on it previously and it's dead).

Lucario Extremespeed is only 2 hit ko on Crawdaunt, I'm not sure why someone said 1 hit ko. Unboosted Extremespeed's are only 2 hit kos.
Mach Punch on the other hand is murder from Hitmontop and Breeloom although it can survive an unboosted (No Guts/Choice Band/-1 Def) Mach Punch from Roopushin. Crawdaunt does have base 85 Def.

And Scizor Band Bullet Punch does 69.66-82.02 unless you're -1 Def. I'd go for the Dragon Dance Life Orb Adaptability Waterfall which ohkoes Standard Choice Band Scizor. Crawdaunt's biggest problem is switching in since while he can take most priority (except Technician Mach Punches), he sure doesn't want to switch in on any as they 2 hit ko and so do most strong attacks. He's also very slow for a Dragon Dancer and is still outrun by some common things even after the Dance. But he is really strong with Adaptability and it gives him use over other lesser used pokes although he will have to compete with Life Orb Encourage Feraligator who while not getting stab Crunch is harder to kill and faster and has recoil less Waterfall/Crunches because of the glitch in Black White that made Encourage boosted moves without recoil (definitely a glitch, I somehow doubt they meant to do that).

that case with life orb is not a glitch

but i still think crawdaunt/sharpedo/feraligator are all three good on their own ways and playable at least till bl

that case with life orb is not a glitch

but i still think crawdaunt/sharpedo/feraligator are all three good on their own ways and playable at least till bl
Oh no, I believe it was a glitch within the black/white games. I doubt that they'd actually give a stronger boost to all Encourage moves than what Band/Specs would give with Life Orb and still be able to switch. 1.3X1.3 is much bigger than a stab/rain, Adaptability, etc boost size. Since the online simulator copies the mechanics of the game, it let that happen although I don't think the Life Orb recoilless was intentional by the creators.

Especially from Nidoking and Feraligator, probably the two best and strongest Encourage abusers (and maybe Crimigan).

Actually, Feraligator finally has yet another thing to definite it from Gyrados. Swords Dance, Encourage, and Super Power (for Nattorei) as well as Crunch (Burungeru) make it an excellent Pokemon for OU. It is pretty hard to ohko (except Specs Draco Meteors, but very few avoid being killed by those) and only has a 2x Electric weakness. Encourage Ice Punch smacks Dragons and it can also run Agility to make it really fast.

Sharpedo is okay but it can't take a hit at all really except for a resisted Bullet Punch which still is an easy 2 hit ko (and unless it's in Rain, Sharpedo will lose). It can do the Protect thing for Speed boost but then it gives a free switch in to anything that takes Water/Dark and has high special defesne (Nattorei) or a faster Choice Scarfer. Sharpedo's main clame to fame is really Speed Boost and then being able to Aqua Jet Blaziken and Doryuzu and ko Latios with Crunch. But without a boost unless it's hitting supereffectively/has Rain, Sharpedo is kind of weak to anything that is faster/resists Water Dark and the horrid Mach Punch weakness kills it. The best Sharpedo set I can think of is Hydro Pump/Icebeam/Aqua Jet/Crunch with max SAtk and +SAtk nature so it can scare something out, get a speed boost, and rip through BL ubers Shaymin, Darkrai, Latios as well as things like Doryuzu (2 hit ko with Aqua Jet).

Crawdaunt is a beast.

Crawdaunt@Leftovers
Adamant, 6HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Adaptibility

-Crunch
-Waterfall
-Dragon Dance
-Substitute

Works GREAT with Para support(I have my awesome defensive D-Nite for that) Set up a Sub if you are predicting a switch. DD as much as you can as long as you are behind a Sub. I once got this thing to +4, and believe me when I say that it is UNSTOPPABLE. And it is bulkier than most people expect.

Crawdaunt is a thug and a punk therefore associated with Yakuza, dragons are associated with Yakuza, so it gets Dragon Dance.

Same real reason why Scrafty gets it.

Crawdaunt got some great new toys this gen in the form of Adaptability and Scald. It's good to see such a cool looking Poke become more useful. One question though, has anyone tried using him in rain? Adaptability Crabhammer in rain has got to hurt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)