The Snuff Dreams Are Made Of

Introduction
The idea of this team is to take advantage of Encourage Nidoking by Baton Passing boosts to him through the use of Venomoth. The team has the ability to alternate leads between Venomoth and Forretress in order to put a foot ahead of my opponent.

Team Building Process
So here's the combo to start off my team. For those who don't know the combo, it starts out like this, sleep lead pokemon, boost as much as possible, and pass off to Nidoking and begin an early sweep.

The next piece I add to my team is Sub Gyarados to help as a stall to my team and to wear my opponent down.

With the ability to switch the order of your team, I decide to add a set up poke which can also be a lead.

Lookin at my team now, I decide i need another sweeper. I played around with a lot of pokes and found that Sazandora was the one to fit the role the best. His bulk and his offensive ability really helps round my team.

The next pokemon I added to my team is one of the best revenge killers in the game, Weavile.

Before I start talking about each Pokemon's role in-depth, then let me say that alot of the team's success relies on getting Venomoth to pass off its boosts to Nidoking. A +1 boost will typically allow Nidoking to make a two to three pokemon sweep. A +2, +3 is pretty much a guaranteed win for me. This may sound fantastic and broken but its far from it, Sleep Powder doesn't guarantee that I'll sleep the opponents lead or even if I do sleep that it will actually last even a turn.

Some changes made.

The Teams's Lineup

Ninjask (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor

New description comin soon.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Toxic
- Hail
- Recover

New description coming soon

Nattorei (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 60 HP / 196 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Yeah, this is in progress too.

Roobushin (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Guts
EVs: 68 HP / 192 Atk / 248 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Yeah, here too.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit
- Low Kick

This Weavile seems to be a generic physical attacker, but it functions as insurance against many of the metagame's top threats. This is mostly thanks to Weavile's STAB Pursuit, which allows it to outspeed and KO threats like Gengar and Starmie on the switch, letting my Gyarados sweep with its check eliminated.

Weavile's STAB Ice-type attacks allow it to easily OHKO any Dragon-type Pokemon in OU, bar Kingdra. Ice Shard is used on this set as it handles both Life Orb Sazandora and Dragon Dance Dragonite regardless of their Speed. Low Kick OHKO's Tyranitar, whom Weavile can outspeed even after a Dragon Dance, and hits Steel- and Normal-types for super effective damage as well. Ice Punch can be used in the last slot as a means of hitting Flying- and Grass-types harder. Life Orb was chosen over Choice Band because I wish to retain decent power and still have the freedom to switch attacks.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Trait: Encourage
EVs: 40 HP / 212 SAtk / 255 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Nidoking is a great all-out special attacker. With Encourage boosting Nidoking's Special Attack to about base 125 and the ability to fully utilize its wide move pool with four move slots, Nidoking becomes a proficient sweeper. While it is still let down by its lackluster speed in the higher tiers. Nidoking is a prime candidate for Baton Passed Butterfly Dances from Venomoth. The speed boost is a great aid for Nidoking and the Special Attack boost is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for checking out my Team
Hoping to craft and further make this team more potent.

Also note that I do know Dory is threat to me, but I am not worried about it because I'm expecting him to be banned in the future. (Mmmm, Optimism)

Smogon - For helping me give in depth descriptions of the pokemon I chose for my team

Also, Credit goes to Blazin Kickin Chicken, who I took the thread format from.

For Forretress, what exactly are you hitting with EQ over Gyro Ball?

On Sazandora, if you aren't running a choice item I think Pulse is better over Meteor since you pretty much have to switch after you use it. Pulse lets you continue to attack unhindered.

Why are you using Surf over Earth Power on Nidoking? It doesn't hit anything your other attacks can't and you get STAB on it as well an an Encourage boost. Surf doesn't get an encourage boost.

Finally on Venomoth if you don't have something like Bug Buzz you are completely shut down by Taunt, especially from Mischievous Heart users. I think HP Ice though hits the common Taunt leads like Erufuun and Borotorosu SE though, so you could take advantage of that perhaps.

On Gyara Roar is counterintuitive with Dragon Dance because of the negative priority. I think either Stone Edge, Earthquake, Taunt or even Bounce would be better for a sweeper set. Particularly when you can't hit Water Absorb Burungeru, Vaporeon or Suicune.

Blaziken looks like a huge threat, as well as Scarfdera and Scarftran. Any fast fire pokemon really, since three are weak.

Swapped Roar out for Stone Edge on Gyara.

Fixed Nidoking.

Swapped Substitute out on Venomoth for Bug Buzz.

Nidoking sorta helps wall Blaziken up. But you are right. Hmmm.

What would be a good way to remedy my problem here?

Nidoking only resists HJK, it doesn't resist its fire moves.

Gyarados is a good check to Blaziken with Intimidate and resisting both STABs, but Stone Edge will hurt. Waterfall will OHKO it. Bulky Gliscor also totally walls it and can handle Roopushin and Breloom as well with Toxic Orb, Fling and Acrobat. A Dragonite with Extremespeed is also good. There's also CB Azumarill with Aqua Jet for it and Doryuzuu.

Gyarados is a good check to Blaziken with Intimidate and resisting both STABs, but Stone Edge will hurt. Waterfall will OHKO it.
Is Speed Boost Blaziken legal? If so, It can sweep here with a moveset of Fire Punch | Thunderpunch | Protect | Superpower. Lol..

Blaziken switches in on Forretress setting up anything. You switch out, he gets damage on your next pokemon and gets +1 in speed. Blaziken uses Protect and gets +2 now, and outspeeds your pokemon in anyway. Funny, but I think this is bullshit..

Taunt shuts down your lead pretty good. Faster assholes like Aerodactyl, Azelf, Crobat etc. Will pretty much fuck you up.. And hey!!! You're using an illegal EV Spread. 255 HP / 255 Speed is pretty cool.. lol.. Edit babe.

Overall, this is a pretty sweet team.. I'll come back and find more fucken threats to this team. That's all!! Good Luck!!

"CB Azumarill with Aqua Jet for it and Doryuzuu." - Jaroda

that sounds like a great way to fix a lot of your issues. perhaps you can drop gyarados for this poke ^^ who swept me once. do not use CB though; there are quite a few pokemon that can set up on choiced water moves. i'd suggest max hp, max attack, adamant huge power azumarill (that was pretty obvious) with either a LO, expert belt, or a mystic water. moveset of AJ, WF, icepunch, return/whatever you like. also on forretress run gyroball or explosion over EQ; eq gets nothing what with the balloonery going around. gl

Is Speed Boost Blaziken legal? If so, It can sweep here with a moveset of Fire Punch | Thunderpunch | Protect | Superpower. Lol..

Blaziken switches in on Forretress setting up anything. You switch out, he gets damage on your next pokemon and gets +1 in speed. Blaziken uses Protect and gets +2 now, and outspeeds your pokemon in anyway. Funny, but I think this is bullshit..

Taunt shuts down your lead pretty good. Faster assholes like Aerodactyl, Azelf, Crobat etc. Will pretty much fuck you up.. And hey!!! You're using an illegal EV Spread. 255 HP / 255 Speed is pretty cool.. lol.. Edit babe.

Overall, this is a pretty sweet team.. I'll come back and find more fucken threats to this team. That's all!! Good Luck!!
Blaziken cant get Superpower or Thunderpunch with Speedboost.

Im thinking of giving Jaroda's advice on Gliscor and swap out Sazandora.

What's a good EV spread for Gliscor?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Before anything, I'd just like to ask the OP:

What do you do when you see politoed >____>'

I want to help without changing too much, but this team looks pretty rain-weak.

Before anything, I'd just like to ask the OP:

What do you do when you see politoed >____>'

I want to help without changing too much, but this team looks pretty rain-weak.
I honestly haven't had much trouble with rain. Most politoed's are not running psychic so they tend to struggle with Venomoth. I usually end up getting a +2, +3 boost off to Nidoking followed by a 6-0 sweep.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If that's your solution to rain, than you obviously have not played a good rain player . . . >_>

What do you do if Venomoth passing gets screwed? That's a better question.

Rain teams don't always lead with politoed by the way, and also Modest Scarf-Toad (scarf toad getting popular amongst the better players) can OHKO Venomoth with Hydro Pump in Rain, and Surf does 73.3% - 86.3%.

Even outside the immediate threat to venomoth, it's not like Venomoth is particularly threatening, and anyone who is good will know Butterfly-Pass is coming (since that's like the only thing Venomoth can do). After they see sleep powder, they can just switch to a PHazer (probably Gyara on a rain team), blow you out, and then sweep your whole team with Kingdra. Specs Kingdra in rain (getting more and more popular now) basically destroys this whole team.

If that's your solution to rain, than you obviously have not played a good rain player . . . >_>

What do you do if Venomoth passing gets screwed? That's a better question.

Rain teams don't always lead with politoed by the way, and also Modest Scarf-Toad (scarf toad getting popular amongst the better players) can OHKO Venomoth with Hydro Pump in Rain, and Surf does 73.3% - 86.3%.

Even outside the immediate threat to venomoth, it's not like Venomoth is particularly threatening, and anyone who is good will know Butterfly-Pass is coming (since that's like the only thing Venomoth can do). After they see sleep powder, they can just switch to a PHazer (probably Gyara on a rain team), blow you out, and then sweep your whole team with Kingdra. Specs Kingdra in rain (getting more and more popular now) basically destroys this whole team.

I see your point, hmmm... what could you suggest to help me out here?

Im kinda considering Gamageroge over Gyarados since he does help my Blaziken weakness plus he helps against Rain

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Two very minimal changes I can think of:

1) Change Forry for Nattorei . . . yeah it's not very interesting or creative (and Natto is freaking everywhere) but there it is . . . you will have to give up Rapid Spin, but you will be immensely helped against rain and water types in general

Natto
@Leftovers
252 HP / sorry can't help much with the rest of the EV spread . . . some split between defenses . . .
-Power Whip
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed / Gyro Ball / Thunder Wave

2) Switch roar for Dragon Tail on Gyarados. This will give you a nice extra spur against Kingdra, who will probably be your biggest annoyance against rain.

Two very minimal changes I can think of:

1) Change Forry for Nattorei . . . yeah it's not very interesting or creative (and Natto is freaking everywhere) but there it is . . . you will have to give up Rapid Spin, but you will be immensely helped against rain and water types in general

Natto
@Leftovers
252 HP / sorry can't help much with the rest of the EV spread . . . some split between defenses . . .
-Power Whip
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed / Gyro Ball / Thunder Wave

2) Switch roar for Dragon Tail on Gyarados. This will give you a nice extra spur against Kingdra, who will probably be your biggest annoyance against rain.

Alright I can do that, I still suffer from that Blaziken weakness. So Im thinking of switchin Sazandora for either Gliscor or Gamageroge. Im leaning more towards Gamageroge because he will help out against rain with his Water Absorb ability plus the immunity to electric. What do you think?

Blaziken cant get Superpower or Thunderpunch with Speedboost.
Very funny.. Why? I don't get it. Blaziken learns BOTH Thunderpunch and Superpower from Platinum moves tutor. And obviously gets Speedboost from Dream World. Can anyone explain to me what shit this is?

Im thinking of giving Jaroda's advice on Gliscor and swap out Sazandora.

What's a good EV spread for Gliscor?
Lol.. A bulky spread of course..

Very funny.. Why? I don't get it. Blaziken learns BOTH Thunderpunch and Superpower from Platinum moves tutor. And obviously gets Speedboost from Dream World. Can anyone explain to me what shit this is?
You just explained it yourself. There's no way possible to breed the moves onto a dream world blaziken.

Nope, only can go forward. Only female 'Ken's can breed the ability, so there's no way of getting those moves onto a dream world 'Ken.

Also trying some changes on my team.

Forretress -> Nattorei
Sazandora -> Roobushin
Gyarados -> Gliscor

Gyarados resists fighting moves.

If you made changes to your team you should change the initial post.
Yeah, Im still testing things out, but even with the addition of Nattorei, I am still struggling against Rain. Gliscor is great no doubt, I mean I pretty much walk all over sand, but he's of no use against rain. Im thinking of giving Gastrodon a try, what do you think?

Even better, use a bulky Tentacruel with Hail. You'll get Toxic Spikes and Spinning back on top of resisting water, ice, fighting and being neutral to grass moves (all common on rain teams) as well as crippling their entire team with one move. Hail is a great move on a bulky water like Tentacruel since you are highly unlikely to die to one hit and when the opponent sees you don't have a Tyranitar or Ninetails of your own, they are less inclined to keep Politoed safe. Hell, Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, Hail and Giga Drain pretty much makes you a Politoed counter unless it carries Psychic, and most don't seem to. And even then you are very bulky defensively and can heal of the damage with Giga Drain.

Just a thought.

Even better, use a bulky Tentacruel with Hail. You'll get Toxic Spikes and Spinning back on top of resisting water, ice, fighting and being neutral to grass moves (all common on rain teams) as well as crippling their entire team with one move. Hail is a great move on a bulky water like Tentacruel since you are highly unlikely to die to one hit and when the opponent sees you don't have a Tyranitar or Ninetails of your own, they are less inclined to keep Politoed safe. Hell, Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, Hail and Giga Drain pretty much makes you a Politoed counter unless it carries Psychic, and most don't seem to. And even then you are very bulky defensively and can heal of the damage with Giga Drain.

Just a thought.
I had considered it, but I figured that it was too many poison types?

Crap, I just realized that im psychic weak now.

You're not really that psychic weak.
First, there are very few pokemon that actually attack with psychich
Second, you have an immunity in Weavile and a resist in Nattorei. I don't see what you are worried about

You're not really that psychic weak.
First, there are very few pokemon that actually attack with psychich
Second, you have an immunity in Weavile and a resist in Nattorei. I don't see what you are worried about
You obviously haven't played Rankurusu. I swapped Ice Punch on Weavile for Night Slash, as a way to revenge it or come in on a predicted Psycho Shock/Psychic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)