Eelektross

I know this comment is coming a little late but i was just reading the first page and this came to mind: Why are you people suggesting to teach Shibirudon Claw Sharpen which raises Attack and Accuracy when you would be better off with Snake Coil which raises its Attack, Defense, and Accuracy? If you teach it snake coil you wouldn't have to focus on its defense that much and focus more on its Sp.Def.

that said I don't like it when people do this with a pokemons stats (I'm using my friends umbreon as an example) 252 HP EVs, 60 Defense EVs, and 201 Sp.Def EVs. I don't this because that means umbreon is going to have to rely mostly on curse in order to take physical attacks. My Umbreon is EVed so that it can take physical attacks in the begining and proceed to use curse once or twice then I don't have to spam curse and I can use my boosted payback and deal some decent damage.

Here are my Umbreons stats by the way. Please rate it.

Umbreon
Nature: Careful
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Payback, Curse, Screech, Confuse Ray
Stats: 394 HP, 166 Atk, 289 Def, 140 Sp.Atk, 359 Sp.Def, 166 Spe

Sorry about getting off topic.

Shibirudon is my favorite 5th gen pokemon. He's so derpish yet awesome at the same time (just look at his moving sprite XD). Here's a set I thought of that could make good use of his unique traits.

Shibirudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate

- Coil
- Acid Bomb
- Thunder
- Brick Break / Dragon Claw

• Coil raises attack, defense, and accuracy, allowing you attack continously with a STAB Thunder while also increasing Shibirudon's bulk. Acid Bomb is a neat move that lowers the opponent's Sp At by 2. After that, Thunder is going to hurt like HELL.
  • Brick Break is for dealing with things like Blissey, while Dragon Claw can take care of pesky Dragon-types.
  • Shibirudon is probably going to need some support from Baton Pass, T-wave, Hypnosis... Basically anything that will allow him to set up and survive a few hits.
Tell me what you guys think!

Not sure about Snake Coil+Acid Bomb, but the standard Acid Bomber in the analysis is legit. If relegated to UU, where his dragon type counters aren't nearly as common, I have a feeling this guy is gonna wreak havoc.

I use a mixed attacker on my TR team with wild bolt, flamethrower, grass knot and hidden power ice that works really well. He's one of the few pokes with crap speed and good mixed attacking movepool/ stats to take advantage of TR.

The Shibirudon set I've been planning to use once I'm on Pokemon Online is a mixed coil wallbreaker.

Shibirudon @ Leftovers
Mild Nature
252 SpA / 174 HP / 80 Spe
Ability: Levitate
- Coil
- Thunder
- Flamethrower
- Brick Break

Shibirudon is bulky enough to survive long enough for it to Coil up as much as it needs. Coil gives Thunder perfect accuracy after one or two uses, which is always a major plus. It also boosts up Brick Break, allowing it to put major dents in Blissey and such. Flamethrower is to surprise Nattorei, who walls Shibirudon's two other attacks.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think it's generally a good idea not to lower Shibirudon's Sp. Def, since you'll want it to check Water types. The lower Sp. Def could really ruin that one good shot you'd have at a sweeper like Kerudio if you aren't running at least two other decent checks.

You might want to either go -Speed, with some EVs for Blissey not to Toxic stall you out first, or -Defense, which is a little counterproductive, but with Coil boosting defense, it's one of your better options. I really think - Speed is a good idea here unless you have something that you really require speed for. If you need all of your stats that badly, go with Quirky; anything besides -Sp. Def. :/

If you need all of your stats that badly, go with Quirky; anything besides -Sp. Def. :/
I don't think anyone has really ever done that, 95% of the time you're going with a stat boosting nature, One of my sets has a -Sp.def nature but that's because i can't risk lowering my speed via nature and having to waste putting more evs into him. If it's that bad then i'll rather have a special wall to support him then if he can finish the job then he will, i didn't have a -def nature because i want the best def when using coil with no def evs.

I'm just running for max coverage w/ 252 HP 252 Spec Atk and 4 Def and he is still really bulky easily takes hits and switching into EQ is gorgeous
He's to slow to take advantage of stat boosters IMO
I'm running Grass knot (hippowdon!), HP ice, Thunderbolt and Flamethrower (I hope he gets icebeam next game) contemplating being a bulky Uturner after I take the atk. He has lefties as well for more longevity. Works awesome in DreamWorld tier
I use the exact same of what you are using, more as a bulky revenger with Modest nature and Choice Specs.

Statistical question:

How many times would he have to Coil to make Zap Cannon have full accuracy?

Too many times to be reasonable?

I have used shibi on 3 teams w/ success. They all take great advantage of his great special movepool and use it to catch the enemy offguard

252 HP (he is bulky as all) 252 SpecAtk 4 Spd, Def, SpcD w/e
Lefties (Modest? +specatk - atk)

Flamethrower
Thunder/Tbolt
Grassknot
HP Ice

great coverage here. I just hope he gets Icebeam next game or gen.

Is it worth it to use Zap Cannon, with that in mind?

Or is the guaranteed paralysis not worth the extra turn or two of using Coil?

Then again, each Coil also further boosts his Defense, so it's not a complete waste of time...

Is it worth it to use Zap Cannon, with that in mind?

Or is the guaranteed paralysis not worth the extra turn or two of using Coil?

Then again, each Coil also further boosts his Defense, so it's not a complete waste of time...
Even though Coil boosts the accuracy of your moves, it's still not enough to save the poor accuracy of Zap Cannon. By the time you get up to 3 Coils, Shibirudon may be on the verge of fainting by the time it gets to finally use Zap Cannon. The opponent could also hit its Special Defense rather than its Defense as well.

So, best to just use Thunder, which becomes fully accurate after one Coil, then.

Then again, if we're using Coil in the first place, why not focus on physical attacks?

...actually, his physical movepool kind of sucks, doesn't it?

So, best to just use Thunder, which becomes fully accurate after one Coil, then.

Then again, if we're using Coil in the first place, why not focus on physical attacks?

...actually, his physical movepool kind of sucks, doesn't it?
Yeah, but he has a great special movepool. That's why I use my set above.

This thing is Ugly, i mean it, but it sorta reminds me of Tentacruel in a way that it is often forgotten but is quite a beast

I have used shibi on 3 teams w/ success. They all take great advantage of his great special movepool and use it to catch the enemy offguard

252 HP (he is bulky as all) 252 SpecAtk 4 Spd, Def, SpcD w/e
Lefties (Modest? +specatk - atk)

Flamethrower
Thunder/Tbolt
Grassknot
HP Ice

great coverage here. I just hope he gets Icebeam next game or gen.
I've used a set similar to this and I doubt that there is any set shibi could run atm that's more viable in Standard. I used Expert Belt instead of lefties, because it's essentially a free 20% increase in damage output almost all the time.

wouldnt be this guy good in a trickroomteam with desukan?

for example:

Desukan
Shibirudon
Zuruzukin
Oobemu
???
???

breh

強いだね
not with any of the pokemon listed because most of them suck (bar Zuruzukin, who's not cut out for TR anyway) but... yeah it's an ok special sweeper in TR and has a lot of versatility.

Any self-proclaimed wall in 5th Gen without either huge ammounts of resistances/immunities and/or reliable recovery in any form is lacklustre, Desukan is better off as a support or actual TR Sweeper. Speaking of TR as for Shibirudon its actually one of the strongest and slowest scouts you can get for TR having a incredibly powerful Volt Change and U-Turn and the ability to be mixed for breaking walls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)