Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. The flag that triggers the event isn't region locked, so any Pokemon with the correct flag will trigger the event for any version.

HOWEVER, the languages of the two carts you're transferring between does have to match. So if your Japanese Dog is on a Japanese cartridge, you'll have to trade it to an American cartridge before you could unlock the event.
thank you very much. I just got the dog in a trade and its on my Soul Silver, so I can just migrate it to Black and pick up a Zoraaku.

You will need a Gen IV Garchomp for Earth Power.
For Dark Pulse, once again, will need a Gen IV Arbok, Gyarados and/or Seviper.
You should probably dig in Serebii for other options though.If there is such.
Checked there, but Serebii and Bulbapedia say only Sazandora can pass EarthPower / Dark Pulse to its baby, which is horribly ironic. Thanks anyway, Ill check if its possible to have both moves at once!

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Checked there, but Serebii and Bulbapedia say only Sazandora can pass EarthPower / Dark Pulse to its baby, which is horribly ironic. Thanks anyway, Ill check if its possible to have both moves at once!
It's not possible to get both. Pick one or the other, sorry. :/

Your pururiru has a speed iv of 20-31, a SpD IV of 10-29, a Special attack iv of 10-29, a defense iv of 0-19, a attack iv of 0-19, and a HP iv of 0-9.

The ivs are fine when I run it through serebii's calc
black_cotton: I just used rare candies, and it never went through a battle, just gave them to it right when it hatched.

coolking49: thank you for doing that, im not sure how it screwed up for me though. I iv calculated 4 more of my pururirus and it got calculated easily

If i have a Japanese Movie 10 legendary dog can I unlock the Zoraaku event on an American Black and White game?
I have a question that has something to do with that:

If you use the Transfer Machine that only allows you to trade over the Crown Beasts and the Movie Celebi, can they hold any item or just their respective berries they were given out with? Or neither?

I have a question that has something to do with that:

If you use the Transfer Machine that only allows you to trade over the Crown Beasts and the Movie Celebi, can they hold any item or just their respective berries they were given out with? Or neither?
Items are not transferred, period. I don't believe the games let you transfer Pokemon with items attached, but don't quote me on this one.

This is probably a noob question, but are DW abilities really going to be allowed for competitive play? I mean, some of them are just ridiculously over-powered. I feel like it would be making competitive pokemon like competitive team rockets in Halo, or team noobtubes in cod.

This is probably a noob question, but are DW abilities really going to be allowed for competitive play? I mean, some of them are just ridiculously over-powered. I feel like it would be making competitive pokemon like competitive team rockets in Halo, or team noobtubes in cod.
Yup. It's obtainable ingame afterall.

Of course, it's still possible for them to get individually banned later on.

Does drain punch drain hp if it hits a sub? I was almost 100% sure this was not the case, but I could have sworn a roob on PO just healed after punching my sub.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Does drain punch drain hp if it hits a sub? I was almost 100% sure this was not the case, but I could have sworn a roob on PO just healed after punching my sub.
Bulbapedia on Drain Punch hitting Subs said:
If Drain Punch hits or breaks a Substitute, no HP will be restored to the user.
In other words, no. If it appeared to do so, then it could be a glitch or something.

So what's the overall thought on how some of these abilities affect balanced and fair game play?
Currently suspect nominations are running, with which you can basically nominate a Pokémon, item or ability to be banned.

By the way, this isn't Gen IV. The idea of balance and fair play is different now. Through power creep, the phenomenon that things overall get stronger, this idea might get somewhat distorted, if you know what I'm trying to say.

I just tested this ingame and you DO heal HP when you use drain punch on a sub. Bulbapedia says this was not the case in Gen 4, so this must have been changed.

Which move would be better for a special attacking Sazandra? Earth Power or Dark Pulse? Since we can't get both on the same Monozu, I figured I'd ask so I'd know ahead of time.

Which move would be better for a special attacking Sazandra? Earth Power or Dark Pulse? Since we can't get both on the same Monozu, I figured I'd ask so I'd know ahead of time.
I prefer Dark Pulse for the nice STAB, and it helps my team deal with bulky Psychic and Ghost pokemon. Most things that would be hit for supper effective by Earth Power have a chance of running balloon (Ex. Heatran) and can also be hit by hard by Surf.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wow this is the first noob question I've had in a long time. If a poke uses endeavor on a sub, what happens?

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Wow this is the first noob question I've had in a long time. If a poke uses endeavor on a sub, what happens?
Unless I am mistaken, endeavor does damage equal to the target's current HP minus the user's current HP, and it fails if this value is not greater than zero. The sub should take the hit. Depending on the attack's damage and the HP remaining of the sub, the sub may or may not break.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Unless I am mistaken, endeavor does damage equal to the target's current HP minus the user's current HP, and it fails if this value is not greater than zero. The sub should take the hit. Depending on the attack's damage and the remaining of the sub, the sub may or may not break.
I wasn't sure if it hit through the sub. I always thought of it as lowering hp to the users level, but i forgot it really works on damage like any other attacking move. Thanks for clearing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)