Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
It's practically the same with HG/SS RNG Abuse. (Well, I never really did it because I was lazy and wanted to finish up my newly bought game. Shiny legendaries didn't really catch my attention.)

Also...
Thanks for the help guys. Finally learned how to RNG Abuse in Platinum.

Bold - HP Fire 70 - 30/31/30/30/31/30
Now I still don't know how I get the ID/SID that matches a nice shiny spread :p Nice catch btw!

Having some weird frame issues.

What are you trying to capture\hatch?

I'm trying to hatch a shiny, hexflawless Beldum. I'm currently saved in front of the Day-Care man in Platinum. The Beldum is confirmed to be shiny and Adamant, like I want.

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed?

Target seed: 57090262
Target frame: 32
Delay of seed: 600
Seconds for seed: 13

How did you verify your seed?

I verified my seed by flying from Solaceon to Resort Area, and running north to encounter/capture a Pokemon.

If you tried and failed, what results did you get?

Twice now I have gotten an "above average" Beldum with 31s in defense and speed. I have twice confirmed my seconds & delay through RNG Reporter, and have gotten the same Beldum as above.

The problem is, I don't see a Beldum like the one I'm getting anywhere on the "adjacent spreads" readout in RNG Reporter (on an even frame).

Frame 26: 31 defense, but 6 Sp.A.
Frame 27: possible
Frame 28: 16 defense, 3 Sp.A.
Frame 29: 9 defense, 25 Sp.A.
Frame 30: 31 defense, 31 Sp.A., but IVs don't fall within the 'above average' range
Frame 31: 6 defense, 31 Sp.A.
Frame 32: hex flawless, target frame
Frame 33: 31 defense, 31 Sp.A., but again (well) outside the range of above average
Frame 34: 11 in defense, 31 in Sp.A.
Frame 35: again, possible
Frame 36: 25 in defense, 31 in Sp.A.

The only thing I can think of is that my frame's gone from even to odd for some reason. I have RNG'd before and I don't think I could be missing my frame by more than what I've listed. I haven't seen anyone in Solaceon move either.

Any help would be appreciated here. Thanks.

Now I still don't know how I get the ID/SID that matches a nice shiny spread :p Nice catch btw!
when you rng a id/sid you need to copy the PID (in red) and put him in the pandora box

PID: c8482169 (CALM, ability 1) 30/26/31/30/30/31 (Seed: b7030fca Method 1: 253, J (synch): 194, J (no synch): 208, K (synch): 200, K (no synch): None) HP POISON 70

Buckert

when you rng a id/sid you need to copy the PID (in red) and put him in the pandora box

PID: c8482169 (CALM, ability 1) 30/26/31/30/30/31 (Seed: b7030fca Method 1: 253, J (synch): 194, J (no synch): 208, K (synch): 200, K (no synch): None) HP POISON 70
Alright. Well, I found myself a flawless Timid spread, seed: D2140289 PID: 7942EF72. But when I'd put that PID in the Pandora Box, I'm getting errors. Now I've put the seed in the Simple Seed to ID/SID. Got 1 outcome there, so that combo will give me a Shiny Flawless Timid spread?

Did you fallow this guide ?

If you did you shouldn't have any problems since it's clearly explained.
The only difference is that in DPPt the ID/SID ids generated when you press A at the end of the TV show sequence.

EDIT : He even uses the same PID you're trying to use.

Alright. Well, I found myself a flawless Timid spread, seed: D2140289 PID: 7942EF72. But when I'd put that PID in the Pandora Box, I'm getting errors. Now I've put the seed in the Simple Seed to ID/SID. Got 1 outcome there, so that combo will give me a Shiny Flawless Timid spread?

use the "shiny pid" and put the pid and the min and max delay and ignorer all the others section's

Buckert

use the "shiny pid" and put the pid and the min and max delay and ignorer all the others section's
When I put min and max delay (50-9000), I'm getting errors. When I do min delay 50 and then Infinite Search, then it's searching. Need to do that?

Having some weird frame issues.

-clip-
The only thing I can think of is that my frame's gone from even to odd for some reason. I have RNG'd before and I don't think I could be missing my frame by more than what I've listed. I haven't seen anyone in Solaceon move either.

Any help would be appreciated here. Thanks.
You should probably re-verify your egg frame. I had this RNG that hovered between 4 and 5. Sometimes it was frame 5, sometimes it was frame 4. I eventually got my pokemon on the frame 4, even seed, but it was a nuisance.

Buckert

So, I've now got this:

ID 42493
SID 23238
Seed F913177F
Delay 6005

That would give me a shiny Timid spread with 31/31/31/30/30/31. Now, when do I start the Pikatimer, and when do I have to proceed when the second timer starts? And when I'm ingame and I can see my ID and it matches the one above, can I be sure my SID will be good too?

So, I've now got this:

ID 42493
SID 23238
Seed F913177F
Delay 6005

That would give me a shiny Timid spread with 31/31/31/30/30/31. Now, when do I start the Pikatimer, and when do I have to proceed when the second timer starts? And when I'm ingame and I can see my ID and it matches the one above, can I be sure my SID will be good too?
Start the Pikatimer as usual; when you change the time to your target. Then when the first timer ends, SR your game, then race through the new game sequence until you end up at the TV screen, when your second timer ends, press A to exit the TV. Check your trainer card to see what ID you hit, if it's not the target, enter what you got in Pandora's box to see how far you were off.

And usually when you have the ID you want, the SID matches as well, to be sure, you could RNG an egg with the target ID/SID and hatch it on your game, at least that's what I did.

Can you guys tell me what we know about Black and White PRNG so far? I haven't been in the thread in a while and need some catching up.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Can you guys tell me what we know about Black and White PRNG so far? I haven't been in the thread in a while and need some catching up.
Pretty much what you need to know is in the 5th gen help thread. Two types of seeds, cgear (runs off seconds and delay) and non-cgear (no rng reporter yet) which only runs on the seconds. IVs are no longer connected to PID if I recall correctly. Breeding is difficult because of the massive amounts of NPCs in the game. Yeah.. that's an overview. Anything else, PM/VM.

There is only one timid. The one I gave you is at night. Night starts at 8pm.
If you don't like the one I gave you then find one that doesn't have 31 attack. You're not going to use it on gengar/starmie anyway.
@Safrizal:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83057

Check the stickies, there's a thread just for that. This one's for all the other generations.

Also, advances while fishing is 3 (on my game at least). Doesn't matter if I'm Surfing or not.

THanks i have catch starmie in union cave with this seed and work, i will try again to catch gastly. and for seed in my game is 4 for fishing while surfing

I'm RNG'ing for Mesprit. I have a frame of 100 and I know it has a monster frame of 5. Does that mean that I have to exactly 95 frame advancements?
45 Journal Flips + 128 steps with 5 Pokemon in party?

I have some major problems with RNG'ing Cresselia.
I aim for the initial seed of 010B042F, which has Timid Shiny Cresselia 31/14-/31/31/31/31+ on frame 14.
My ID/SID is 22504-61171.
Date: 2010 12 16,
Time: 11:06:59
Delay: 1061
I have NO other roamers out.

I hit my seed 2 times now (verifying it with the coin flips),
and then walked 1152 steps with 1 Pokemon in my Party.
This should equal 9 frame advances (128 x 9). Cresselia is on frame 14 and has a monster frame of 5.
So I talk to it, cure the little boy, find Cresselia in the wild, and tadaa: Not shiny. So I catch it, aaaand: Mild nature. Loves to eat.
I'm sure I hit my initial seed, so I let RNG Reporter generate it for Method 1, and I find out that the Cresselia I caught was generated on frame 226.
What the hell.

edit: I caught shiny Mesprit with the EXACT SAME steps earlier, and it worked like charm. Both Method 1, both frame 14, both Shiny, both Timid. wtf...

I aim for the initial seed of 010B042F, which has Shiny Cresselia on frame 14.

This should equal 9 advances (128 x 9). Cresselia is on frame 14 and has a monster frame of 5.
So I talk to it, cure the little boy, find Cresselia in the wild, and tadaa: Not shiny.
I'm sure I hit my initial seed, so I let RNG Reporter generate it for Method 1, and I find out that the Cresselia I caught was generated on frame 226.
What the hell.
Cresselia is Method J, as are all other standing legendaries in DPPt

Yeah, it's a roamer like Mesprit. And I'm aiming for the exact same inital seed and target frame...
Oh, and I RNG on Platinum, if that makes any difference.

edit:
Gonna post this here again because of the pageflip:

I aim for the initial seed of 010B042F, which has Timid Shiny Cresselia 31/14-/31/31/31/31+ on frame 14.

This should equal 9 frame advances (128 x 9). Cresselia is on frame 14 and has a monster frame of 5.
So I talk to it, cure the little boy, find Cresselia in the wild, and tadaa: Not shiny. So I catch it, aaaand: Mild nature. Loves to eat.
What the hell.

edit: I caught shiny Mesprit with the EXACT SAME steps earlier, and it worked like charm. Both Method 1, both frame 14, both Shiny, both Timid. wtf...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 21)