Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Having a problem with Pikatimer:

Any time that I update my delay, the next reset I do results in a "No reasonable initial seed found" from RNG Reporter.

I've confirmed a few times now that just by changing my Pikatimer setting back under 1 second, to what they were initially, fixes the problem.

What in the world is going on?

Pikatimer does some weird stuff/timing sometimes. I suggest trying out ZOMGTimer - it's been working wonders for me ^^

Having a problem with Pikatimer:

Any time that I update my delay, the next reset I do results in a "No reasonable initial seed found" from RNG Reporter.

I've confirmed a few times now that just by changing my Pikatimer setting back under 1 second, to what they were initially, fixes the problem.

What in the world is going on?
do you have any roamers around? other than that, bakus is right, pikatimer acts weird occasionally.

based on my hgss experiences, yes. but quoted from the first post "In DPPt, roamers advanced the RNG by 1 for each roaming Pokemon." I say yes. :D since i haven't rng'd in dppt yet.

Bakus, where's that timer at? I want to try that one out
oh and I'm trying to get giratina from the arceus event
I save one step away from the center where you get the egg,
try to hit my delay, check, I get it right and somehow I'm one frame above
I calculated my joey calls and everything and stopped one before
is this where I'm wrong? does accepting giratina advance the frame by two?
Here's my seed:F1060C88

Bakus, where's that timer at? I want to try that one out
oh and I'm trying to get giratina from the arceus event
I save one step away from the center where you get the egg,
try to hit my delay, check, I get it right and somehow I'm one frame above
I calculated my joey calls and everything and stopped one before
is this where I'm wrong? does accepting giratina advance the frame by two?
Here's my seed:F1060C88
@Canelo: here it is, it's designed and programmed by ToastPlusOne. :D
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81513 enjoy.

Accepting Giratina advances the frame by +1
I'm not sure how you're checking your frame advancements, but an easy way is to just use RNG Reporter to verify. From seeds to time, exit out and go to the main window of RNG Reporter. From there, once all relevant information is entered in, hit generate. Then just follow elm calls down the list till you land on your frame.
Here's an example if your target frame is 5. The list of generated results may give you something like this for elm calls:
1 E
2 E
3 P
4 P
5 K
6 E

You would call until the last P. Your marker should land on 5 but don't call. Just pick up the egg :)

This way, you're guaranteed to know what frame you've stopped on and RNG Reporter takes into account roamers as well :) Sometimes roamer advances an additional frame that you may not know of :)

Accepting Giratina advances the frame by +1
I'm not sure how you're checking your frame advancements, but an easy way is to just use RNG Reporter to verify. From seeds to time, exit out and go to the main window of RNG Reporter. From there, once all relevant information is entered in, hit generate. Then just follow elm calls down the list till you land on your frame.
Here's an example if your target frame is 5. The list of generated results may give you something like this for elm calls:
1 E
2 E
3 P
4 P
5 K
6 E

You would call until the last P. Your marker should land on 5 but don't call. Just pick up the egg :)

This way, you're guaranteed to know what frame you've stopped on and RNG Reporter takes into account roamers as well :) Sometimes roamer advances an additional frame that you may not know of :)
based on the guide bakus, i think it's just like how bearsfan092 of youtube/smogon, demonstrated in his rng'ing hgss video. :)

I'm trying to catch Moltres at Mt. Silver in HG and I'm shooting for the seed: c41203a6, which has a delay of 924 and a frame of 812 on Method 1. I can hit my delay easily enough and have successfully advanced to frame 811 a few times now.. But, when I catch Moltres, it is always on a different frame. One time it jumped from what should have been 812 to 827. So, I tried to take this into the equation and stopped at frame 797 the next time. Instead of jumping 15 again, though, it jumped up to 838..

What in the crap is advancing my frame?!

I'm trying to catch Moltres at Mt. Silver in HG and I'm shooting for the seed: c41203a6, which has a delay of 924 and a frame of 812 on Method 1. I can hit my delay easily enough and have successfully advanced to frame 811 a few times now.. But, when I catch Moltres, it is always on a different frame. One time it jumped from what should have been 812 to 827. So, I tried to take this into the equation and stopped at frame 797 the next time. Instead of jumping 15 again, though, it jumped up to 838..

What in the crap is advancing my frame?!
are there any roamers around? do you always set the one on the main window to your target frame minus 1? Do you start the frame after you have verified your seed with elm calls, for example you called elm 12 times, so its advanced 12 times, and now start on frame 13, and you can now advance using the upper-right detuning of the radio (haven't verified yet if it's 15, you might want to check)

Thanks everyone :)
I got my
GIRATINA (487)

OT: REYES
ID: 46146
Naive
Jul. 22, 2021
Pressure
30/30/31/30/27/30
HP Fire 70
L1 UT
DragonBreath, Scary Face

YAY?

I've been thinking of trying out RNG. But in which game is it easiest to do; Diamond/Pearl, Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver?

Capturing is easier in HG/SS actually. Fewer roaming NPCs, advancing the frame is much easier with radio + phone calls too ^_^
Hitting delays isn't so much a problem anymore - ZOMGtimer lets you hit it with maybe 5tries or less, lol.

When trying to RNG Latios (SS), would I advance the frame -1 before I talk to Steven (outside the green house in Vermilion city), or would I RNG Latios -3 before Sweet Scenting?

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When trying to RNG Latios (SS), would I advance the frame -1 before I talk to Steven (outside the green house in Vermilion city), or would I RNG Latios -3 before Sweet Scenting?
Sweet Scenting !! >_< ! How on eart do you sweet scent a standing legend ?

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh sorry I was thinking about the Soul Dew Event !! No, you advance the frame before talking to steven. Once you release latios its nature is fixed. All the RNG including delay and frame hitting to be done before talking to steven( I think)

EDIT: I'm pretty sure thats the case

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just for confirmation, that is definitely the case. You do all the RNG-ing inside the Pokémon fan club, and then the PID (Nature, and IVs) of Latios are set once you step outside and talk to Steven (who appears the second you step outside).

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Just for confirmation, that is definitely the case. You do all the RNG-ing inside the Pokémon fan club, and then the PID (Nature, and IVs) of Latios are set once you step outside and talk to Steven (who appears the second you step outside).
Same thing for the dogs? You RNG when you walk into the tower or something?

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
How does using an AR affect your delay and seconds ?? I have RNG'd pokemon before but without an AR. But I'm getting one tomorrow..so I wanna know how it affects everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)