Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

It really depends on what you want the Chatot for, and how much effort you are willing to put in. Competitively, most people would want better spreads than those, and to be honest it probably makes more difference just because its base stats are so low anyway. It is up to you. But if you do keep it, definitely go with Chatot 2, because it only has lower attack and you will not be using it if it has Specs.
well... now you say that...
Chatot isnt really the best pokemon to use competitively, i'm just making it for fun (and so I can beat some of the local uber abusers at school when I go back (and they are seriously bad... for example, one of them lead with a darkrai @ Reaper Cloth, moveset Dark Void, Dream Eater, Rock Climb and DISABLE yep... that bad)
I'm currently making up my own team of underrated pokemon and Weavile (or Sneasel, dunno if i wanna embarass them too badly)
to knock them dead
Thanks for the help, i'll use the second chatot.
One more question, any suggestions of members i can embarass the noobs with?

Im a little confused about evs.

Having a 31 iv will add 31 points to stat at level 100, correct?

252 evs will had 63 points to my stat, correct?

Ok, than how many points will a postive nature add?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Im a little confused about evs.

Having a 31 iv will add 31 points to stat at level 100, correct?

252 evs will had 63 points to my stat, correct?

Ok, than how many points will a postive nature add?
Positive nature increases it by 10%, negative decreases by 10%.

Ok so Say i have a modest Gardevoir with 31 ivs in special attack.

How would i be able to tell what that 10% will add?

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok so Say i have a modest Gardevoir with 31 ivs in special attack.

How would i be able to tell what that 10% will add?
34 - 35, not sure which. Use this formula to determine the stats on any given level. I do not know whether the result is rounded or truncated.

I was in a battle for the Smogon Tournament and i had a scarf heracross with sleep talk. I used sleep talk once and it stone edged. On the next turn, i was still asleep and i used it but i said it failed without even saying what move i used. Does sleep talk have to pick stone edge for it to work since i have a scarf?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
34 - 35, not sure which. Use this formula to determine the stats on any given level. I do not know whether the result is rounded or truncated.

It's truncated. So if you multiple 337 by 1.1 for a positive nature, it'd be 370.7, which would be 370 for the stat.

So overall,

If i get the 31 point boost for having a 31 iv, 63 points for 252 evs, and a postive nature bonus.

What will Gardevoirs SPA be at level 100?

Also, i've noticed that there are hold items that pass on ivs when breeding in iv.
How much easier do you think it is to breed great iv pokemon in iv than in iii?

Toast++

It would be considerably easier to breed a decently IV'd poke in Gen 4 because of the power items. If you put a power lens on a parent with 31 spA IVs, you have a (I think) 50% chance of getting it passed down.

End spA will be 383 with all those factors.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
@ TheMoe: Choice Items + Sleep Talk fail after the first turn, because the game does not want to guarantee Sleep Talk's move selection.

Did the Japanese shiny Raikou/Entei/Suicune come with preset natures? I'm wondering if I should expect the GameStop ones to have them or not.

Using RNG Reporter, is there a way to just calucalate how to hit the Seed? Like, I know that I want to hit the seed c40801e9 but the desired frame is over 90,000 so it would be strenulously long to search for the possible frames for all 31s. Basically, is there a way for me to just calculate the delay and dates needed to hit Seed: c40801e9??

Toast++

Using RNG Reporter, is there a way to just calucalate how to hit the Seed? Like, I know that I want to hit the seed c40801e9 but the desired frame is over 90,000 so it would be strenulously long to search for the possible frames for all 31s. Basically, is there a way for me to just calculate the delay and dates needed to hit Seed: c40801e9??
Put that seed in the seed to time window.

More of an opinionated question....should I change my PC boxes so that my pokemon are stored according to their levels (1-10, 11-20...99-100) or should I keep them like I have them right now and sort them according to their types?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I keep them by type, if anything. It works much more easily that way, because you can look for evolutionary lines quickly.

I used to arrange them by type with an extra box for other random stuff, now I sort them by redis rights and region, lol. Since you don't trade though I'd stick to types.

Toast++

I keep them by national #. Always got messed up keeping them by type because I didn't know what to do with the dual types.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)