Kanto can be Vexing

I'm going to be honest, I really didn't like this warstory. It was boring, tedious to read and the battle was boring. Your opponent was pretty bad too. While the comments were good, good comments alone do not make good warstories. Your rule about using non OU Pokemon irked me... Smogon doesn't even have a tier list set up >_>

4/10

Better luck next time.
I believe he said were OU in the past at any time, not what is considered OU at the moment.

Anyway, you get a 10/10 from me.

I came at the Kanto only team.

I really enjoyed it but it lacks the pace and suspense of your previous warstories. That's obviously due to the fact that you dominated most of the match and you were kinda rushing to put a new one out to ride on the success of your previous story. That's fine as it was a very decent warstory but not a "holy shit fapfapfap" one.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I really enjoyed it but it lacks the pace and suspense of your previous warstories. That's obviously due to the fact that you dominated most of the match and you were kinda rushing to put a new one out to ride on the success of your previous story. That's fine as it was a very decent warstory but not a "holy shit fapfapfap" one.
I'm going to be honest, I really didn't like this warstory. It was boring, tedious to read and the battle was boring. Your opponent was pretty bad too. While the comments were good, good comments alone do not make good warstories. Your rule about using non OU Pokemon irked me... Smogon doesn't even have a tier list set up >_>

4/10

Better luck next time.
These guys said it as well as I could have. The amount of effort you put into it is ridiculous, but it made this a long boring read. To be honest, I skimmed it because I knew that you had way more written than I cared to read. The battle was sorta meh, and you seemed kinda rushed in trying to get this out. Pick a better battle next time, please. Still a decent warstory.

7/10

it was refreshing to see a sun team that wasnt 3 chlorophyll sweepers and 3 fire pokemon(thats what a lot of players online seem to think it should be)

the warstory wasnt bad, but i definintely dont think its a 10 like some of the others are saying;
some of the comments are fine, but others are just pointless for how long they are
the battle wasnt really good either, i was only really intruiged by it during the part the poliwrath was being troublesome

Mixed reviews are actually refreshing xD Alright time to start a long winded response list! These are in no particular order, just what I recall from a read through.

Firstly, Rock Blast on Poliwrath. 100% complete derp moment to be honest. You forgot he was Water type and I forgot he was Fighting type. Icicle Spear WAS the better move, I'm just retarded xD

When I said not OU previously, I meant in the current battling format which pretty much ruled out Gens I and II which were completely different games compared to gen III and not even pokemon by the time we got to gen IV. What I should have said was not OU in gen IV. My bad o-o

For the positive feed-backers, I'm glad you enjoyed it and I can see some familiar faces in the crowd so I'm glad you guys have read my #2 story which, in my opinion, is still my best one. It's great you guys like my ramblings, because I enjoy rambling quite frequently. I'll keep writing so long as you guys keep asking!

For the negative feed-backers, I completely agree where you're coming from. That's why I put in a warning to the quality of the battle. It was an extremely average battle unfortunately and I tried for days to get an "even" match but with such an oddball assortment of pokemon, it was always one side controlling the match and never really all that threatening come end game. So I apologize that you expected better, but that's why I was afraid of setting the bar to high with the previous warstory. However, like any ball, once it drops it gotta bounce back up, so I'll see you guys at #4!

There was also a comment about rushing this story to ride a wave of success. To be honest, I'm not all to worried about pleasing everyone, just giving people something nice to read every once and awhile in hopes to keep warstories alive (because they were always my favorite thing to see on Smogon.) Every wed I have manga releases that I look forward to, so I thought it'd be nice to give you guys something to look forward to. I actually sifted through around 50 logs of this team playing to find the most fair (I have 6-0's but those are boring and I dont want to warstory that) so I wouldn't say it was really rushed per-say.

If I missed anyone, that's my bad I have a horrible short term memory xD Like I said, I hope you guys aren't offset by this and will tune in for the next one. I have some potential matches that I'm not all to sure about but I will say what the next theme is.

U-turn.

That's right, my crack addiction U-turn. Between U-turn, Volt Change, and Baton Pass all six pokemon carry one of those moves. They're all previously OU pokemon and new promising OU pokemon so don't expect any Persians or Golbats hanging around.

Well that's it from me for now and for better or for worse, enjoy the warstory and enjoy your Holiday Weekend!

some bad move and misplay. Yeah this warstory might be moderately good but its boring seeing you are literally stomping it all over.

Comments were good, but you were in control for about the whole match. Don't lose heart though. You have a flair for writing, just choose a more even match-up next time :]

That's right, my crack addiction U-turn. Between U-turn, Volt Change, and Baton Pass all six pokemon carry one of those moves. They're all previously OU pokemon and new promising OU pokemon so don't expect any Persians or Golbats hanging around.

But... but... but.... I like the Persians and Golbats!

The idea of a team based solely on U-turn, volt change, and baton pass... its something I kind of thought about a year ago or so but decided to back off of due mainly to the presence of stealth rock. It has always been something I wanted to try though. I am excited to see it.

Way too wordy for a warstory. Yes there should be thought processes for your predictions, moves and such but the length the comments just makes it feel like those thought processes were written just for the story and not actually made during the battle just to make this warstory look better. Sorry if im wrong about this.

Anyway it seemed like the opponent made zero predictions whatsoever. Didnt really feel like a fight against even competitors.

In some aspects it was good, such as the detailed comments, though in others it wasn't. Mainly the one-sidedness of it and your constant momentum over your opposition was a little boring. It was still enjoyable though and I look forward to your next warstory.

Gotta say, Vex, that in the same way pokemon have a niche in battles, you have a warstory niche. No one can quite do the same job as you. And I'm glad!

I liked this one, though I also must testify to your durp-i-ness when you used Rock Blast. Golbat is a freaking beast, and I enjoyed seeing Persian used. IT IS NOT AN INFERIOR AMBIPOM! Ok, I admit it. It is. Anyway, you did have the superior team match-up, but regardless the manner in which you are able to analyze a situation is still phenomenal.

One more thing, though. Scarf Scyther and no Spinner. Siriusly? Rly?
Not to mention defensive Golbat and no Spinner.

Well, just wanted to tell you that I liked your warstory and that you haven't lost your touch. Happy Holidays!

What everyone else said. You owned that fella. I preferred your previous warstories, although this one wasn't too bad itself. 8/10

This one might not have been as exciting as your previous warstories. The battle wasn't bad, but you definitely deserve credit for putting so much time and effort in writing warstories. You deserve 7.5/10 for that.

Yeah, as I was reading this, I was thinking, I can't wait for people to say this is a perfect warstory and rate it 10/10.

Don't get me wrong. Your comments and format were great like they were before, and I really enjoy your writing style and references. I did enjoy your team, too.

I'll abstain from rating it, but I guess I'd recommend you just make sure a battle is good from both ends of the spectrum before you warstory it. I really shouldn't talk, I guess, but I really wanna see another warstory comparable to previous ones. Just take your time, and don't worry, we'll remember how awesome of a writer you are and we'll tune in.

9.5/10

I'd like to point out that this was the most entertaining warstory I've read in a while. Not only that, but this, by far, is the best, most thought out commentary I've ever seen. I loved the humor you added to the commentary, it actually made me laugh a couple of times. While the battle was a bit one-sided, your predictions and moves were carefully planned out. You weren't facing the best player, but sun teams aren't supposed to be synergetic, they're supposed to be sweeper after sweeper after sweeper, so I didn't have much of a problem with it. The format was relatively nice, and your team was really well made for such harsh regulations you had on it.

Regarding your Cloyster, It's pretty redundant to have both max Defense and Shell Break, you probably should try white herb, which nullifies stat drops. I've tried it and it works surprisingly well.

EDIT: Read your other warstory, I came.

i liked your previous warstory more than this one, probably due to the suspense in the last one. However this one was still pretty cool, so yeah good job =P.

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The comments were nice, if rather tl;dr at some points, which made it sort of lure me into just skimming a lot of it, however, they accurately explained your thought process, especially some of the earlier comments, which I found was pretty accurately described.

However, the one thing that I disliked about this battle was that you were constantly controlling the pace of the match the entire game other than that one point where he had a sub up with Poliwrath. And let's be honest, your opponent wasn't that good; running only two real sun abusers (since Exeggcutor didn't have Chlorophyll as its ability, and I'm not really counting Leafeon since to be honest, it doesn't really help sun teams that much) on a sun team.

So I'd give it about 7/10, a bit above average, since the comments were solid.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Meatloaf+Ultimate Showdown=Epic Win.

Personally I liked your other warstories better but your insightful comments mean that any warstory you post is a good one, at least for those of us who actually read comments.

7/10

I really enjoyed this Warstory.

Although the battle wasn't great, the comments made it enjoyable to read and really showed what you were thinking at the time. Keep up the good work.

BTW: This battle gave me a huge urge to go and use lead Persian

Edit: I feel like I'm addicted to u-turn too. We should start a u-turnaholics anonymous group. UA for short.

It might not have been the best battle out there, but your commentary was good as ever.

You could like, I dunno if such thing exists, but offer your writing-capabilities to great battlers who aren't that good at writing stuff up. Great battle + great commentary would make it rain 10s.

Anyways, it wasn't as good as your previous stories, gonna leave this with a 7.5/10. Enjoyable read, keep it up!

Cooky

Banned deucer.
Vexatious said:
It was an extremely average battle unfortunately
So why write a giant essay detailing it? You can't disguise the fact that there were many, many misplays behind walls of text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)