Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

I just started playing platnium for the first time a few days back, well now im at Giratina!

Im in the distortion world saved in front of his orgin forme. Do i have to catch him now? I only want his orgin forme mind you, unless that orb is obtainable and can change them at my will?

Also because he is only level 47, how accurate will his ivs be if i use an iv calc?

Yes, you have to catch it now and yes, the griseous orb is obtainable, but you have to defeat the Elite 4 to get it. If Giratina holds this orb, it does change his form to origin form. I think the IVs will be pretty accurate, but I'm not an IV expert, so this part of my answer can be wrong.

Are you absolutely sure i have to catch it right now, what if i run? Can't i go back to the distortion world later or even the turnback cave?

Jade, you can run/defeat it and it'll return after you beat the E4. Now I'm not sure where it will show up, but I think it's back in the Distortion World.

I have another small question.

Im ev training for the first time ever. My shiny Dratini is level 1, i put the exp share on it and knocked out a machoke with my starter. My level went up to 7. Do i get evs for every level i just went up?

The ev chart came up everytime my level went up and i counted 9 evs in ATT.

Also, why do i get other evs when i knock out machoke? Shouldn't i only get att?

you don't get other EVs... You got 2(or 4 with Pokerus) EVs in attack for that one battle. It's hard to tell in the early levels, since EVs don't show as much

yes, EVs are invisible. the white chart is plain old stats. EVs, IVs, and Base Stats work together to make these actual stats that the game displays. I'm not sure what the base stat to real stat ratio is, but for every 4 EVs in one stat up to 252 you get 1 stat point. so at LV 100, if your pokemon would've been at 200 ATK without EVs, with 252 ATK EVs you would have (252/4=63+200=) 263 ATK. Now you have a limit of 510 EVs for the pokemon, so you can only max out 2 stats, with an extra 6(so you only get one stat point because 4 goes into 6 only once) to put somewhere else.

Evs won't always show up in my stats every level right? Sometimes it takes a few levels for my stat to see its increase i've heard?

Also with the ivs, i thought their affect on my stats wouldn't be visible until level 100 when i would get the +31 increase?

My base potential will grow without any affect right? They grow normally unless i have a certain nature right?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You get the increase gradually as you raise the level. At level 100 it is 31 points higher than the baseline.

ok I've got a question about HG. Is there anything I can do to hurry up the Safari Warden to call me about Customization being unlocked?

Another question about Giratina,

Are his base stats different depending on his forme? I have PT and wanted to use his '' The Great Wall'' set. Isn't their actually an orb that can change his formes?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
ok I've got a question about HG. Is there anything I can do to hurry up the Safari Warden to call me about Customization being unlocked?
Change your clock to 23:59, wait a minute. Rinse, repeat. Pretty sure the counter only gets incremented on the rollover, not by date. It'll take a while, but not a month.

Jade:
His attack stats and defense stats switch in origin form. You need the griseous orb.

After using the Elm Response tab in RNG Reporter, I am a bit confused by the frame that shows up right after. It brought me up to Frame 4372 and says the Elm is "E" for Evolution. I called him and it was in fact "E" response, and the one after it should be "K". Now if I want to hit Frame 4376 using Sweet Scent, what Frame do I need to be on?
(My Sweet Scent advances by 2)

Frame 4374 is "P"
Frame 4375 is "K"
Frame 4376 is "P"

To be really clear, what should the response of Elm be for the final time I should call him before Sweet Scenting? If it is "P", should it be Frame 4374 or 4376? THANK YOU!!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You have to be at a certain point in the game for the customisation to be unlocked. I believe it's either before the Rocket Invasion or after the Rocket Invasion, I believe.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
No, it is a function of the time played since you completed the last task. I've had it as I give the medicine to Jasmine before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)