Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Does anybody have a guide for Capturing pokemon in the wild (Basically, capture projects)? I can RNG shiny eggs and IVs easily, so I get all the basics, and I'd really like to try capture projects. Thanks in advance :]

Edit: Nvm, I forgot there are guides on the first post of this thread :P

Hii, when Rnging for my ID/SID When is the seed determined in HGSS and how do i go about calibrating to find out my usual delay?

Thanks

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Still quite can' get my delay. Although they are extremly close i still can't hit it. Can someone give me some advice? And one last thing.
One more thing....?

If you're getting pretty close, there is nothing else. You'll get there eventually.

Hii, when Rnging for my ID/SID When is the seed determined in HGSS and how do i go about calibrating to find out my usual delay?

Thanks
It's set when you shrink (see first page). Basically, use whatever you used before, go into the game, check your ID and find out what you hit. Update the timer based on that.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i wonder how to rng in bug contest, what method use? how many advaced frame and where i should save the game?
It's method K I believe. I wouldn't bother though. It's extremely difficult. If you insist, aim for frames of 30+ and enter from the east entrance.

One More question do i start timing it when i press new game?

Thanks
It's exactly the same as normal RNGing.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@TiccyBoy:
By "It's exactly the same as normal RNGing"

What Toast means is that the delay starts from the same point that it normally does. i.e. once you select the Pokémon game from the DS menu. (Or once you soft reset or hard reset the emulator if you're doing it on one of those).
The delay is then chosen when you gain control of your character. In HGSS this is just before your character starts shrinking (once the whole pre-game text is complete, name has been set, etc.), and in DPPt, it is after you dismiss the TV show which the game starts from. So in effect, this is when your seed is created (since that's when the delay you hit is determined). Hope that helps.

Toast++

so do i need to walk from east entrance to grass and use sweet scent??

do you have try this??
I haven't tried it, no. I just know how people have done it. Yes, walk from the east and use sweet scent. No one has made a list of encounter slots for the BCC, so you're on your own there. There are also a ton of NPCs so the frame is constantly advancing. That's why I say it is so difficult.

I'm about to RNG a Bug Catching Contest Pokémon for the first time, but before I must ask, should I be making Elm calls before or after entering the Bug Catching Contest?

Toast++

I'm about to RNG a Bug Catching Contest Pokémon for the first time, but before I must ask, should I be making Elm calls before or after entering the Bug Catching Contest?
I'd do it before to confirm and after to find out where you are in the frames right before sweet scenting.

I'm currently using an emulator to run emerald ver but i have no luck finding any shiny to get my SID. Is there any other way to determined it?
If so, how do i check if my SID is correct?

tl;dr - I think I found a hiccup using the journal to advance the frame in Platinum.

Hello everyone. I've been posting for the last couple days requesting some help figuring out why my frame is advancing in strange ways in Pokemon Platinum. The basic gist is thus:

I finished a successful RNG, with an initial frame of 12.
When I attempted a new RNG, I would hit strange frames.
I traced this back to my initial frame, which would flip-flop between 9 and 10 seemingly at random.

At a loss, I posted it here. A few people tried to help, but nobody posted a definitive "This is what's going on." So I figured I'd try to find out for myself.

The journal page that came up had the following lines on it, which I believe were causing the issue:

* Played at the Wi-Fi Club.
* Got **** from ****.

I advanced the date on my DSi twice, catching one Pokemon each time. In this manner, when I opened my journal, the first two pages were capture pages. I am now consistently hitting frame 12 again.

Before I deduce conclusively that this is a confirmed problem I'd like to confirm it. I have no interest in doing it immediately myself, as I've spent a week trying to RNG for a breeding project that the recipient is awaiting anxiously. But if anyone else has experienced (or is experiencing) this problem, please PM me and let me know. Maybe we can draw some conclusions from this.

tl;dr - I think I found a hiccup using the journal to advance the frame in Platinum.For eggs? maybe are the npc's in solaceon town

Hello everyone. I've been posting for the last couple days requesting some help figuring out why my frame is advancing in strange ways in Pokemon Platinum. The basic gist is thus:

I finished a successful RNG, with an initial frame of 12.
When I attempted a new RNG, I would hit strange frames.
I traced this back to my initial frame, which would flip-flop between 9 and 10 seemingly at random.

At a loss, I posted it here. A few people tried to help, but nobody posted a definitive "This is what's going on." So I figured I'd try to find out for myself.

The journal page that came up had the following lines on it, which I believe were causing the issue:

* Played at the Wi-Fi Club.
* Got **** from ****.No this cant be,i use desmune and ram view and this dont affect in any way the frame.

I advanced the date on my DSi twice, catching one Pokemon each time. In this manner, when I opened my journal, the first two pages were capture pages. I am now consistently hitting frame 12 again.

Before I deduce conclusively that this is a confirmed problem I'd like to confirm it. I have no interest in doing it immediately myself, as I've spent a week trying to RNG for a breeding project that the recipient is awaiting anxiously. But if anyone else has experienced (or is experiencing) this problem, please PM me and let me know. Maybe we can draw some conclusions from this.
wath are you traying to catch/breed if is breed you need to calibrate the egg frame, if is caugth you need to see the npc's chart.
as for the starting frame always would be odd or even(thats why you need to calibrate the egg frame) and then you need to advance the frame.

It's a shiny Beldum. I calibrated the egg frame to be 9. When I searched spreads for 9, and hit them, and hatched the egg, it was the egg from frame 10.

When I switched my seeds to frame 10 spreads to compensate for this, I hatched eggs on frame 9.

I did each multiple times to confirm it wasn't just bad luck.

And finally, when I changed my journal to get rid of the WiFi entry, I hatched 3 eggs in sequence. All came out on frame 14.

All of these were done without flipping journal pages, and all of them had "Pokemon was caught!" entries on them.

Edit for clarity: I hit the PID already. I'm abusing for a hexflawless spread with Syb's Ditto and some meaningless other parent.

you need to save the game when the npc's are not making any movement,you just need more prectice, initial frame 9 is a little bit higth if you ask, for me are always 1. (in DPPT)

I'm reasonably confident that I don't need more practice, as I just hatched the hexflawless Beldum I was looking for.

I've been trying to RNG it for the last couple days, with the WiFi journal entry, to no avail, and within two hours of removing it from my journal the frame issue is fixed and I've got myself the Beldum I needed.

It seems like more than just a coincidence. :/

Im currently in battle with it now :D

Now I just have to catch it which may take a while since i use the regular pokeballs :P

Edit: Caught it :D. Now gonna try Latias :3

yeah you can hit delays but you cant control the npc's.if you want you can try this (This works for me in pearl)
Go to this position in solaceon town,use your bike(the fast one)
Go up and down
Each time when the Tittle " Route 210 or Solaceon town" appear the npc's resette the position.
As quickly you can press start and save the game infront of the daycare man this process would give you a lowand constant frame since the npc's are quiet.I hope this help for you since it works for me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 34)