V Generation RMT

Hello Smogon, this is my first post here, and I have been lurking for 3 months, and it is such a nice place here, I couldn’t resist and join this community. The title is pretty dull, and the team is all about destroying the opponent’s stall/balance/offense team, with SD Luke (rid of some chansey walling me), CM Rankurusu and RP Terakion respectively.
My philosophy of an offensive team is that poke #1 and #2 either batters the opponent’s leads and their switches to death or just supports the team with screens or hazards. #3~5 is the core of the team, and for this team, #3 (luke) is in charge of destroying stall, #4 (ranku) is for balance and #5 (tera) is for offensive teams. #6 is just cleanup.
Ok, enough crapping about my bullshit intro. Now, the team building process. Oh, and this is played @ the PO server, until those shit get smashed by the banhammer. PS THIS TEAM IS NOOB
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A quick glance

~~~~~~
Team Building Process (how do I use spoilers tags?)
Ok, as mentioned @ the top, my core was 3 pokes screwing the 3 playstyles.

Next, I needed my # 1 and 2, and who could do it better then a Skarm/forry or Cresellia?

Now for the #6, the revenge killer, and I chose Scarf Chomp, due to the pursuit resistance and immunity to thunder wave.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Zoom in

Skarmory@

EVs: 252HP, 236 DEF, 20 Speed, Impish Nature (+Def -Spa)
Trait: Sturdy
Moveset: Brave Bird
Spikes
Whirlwind
Roost
Skarmory is usually my lead, and all it does is spikes, phaze and switch in on some physical blaziken and resists. Spikes helps me to net kos more than SR, the exception being Zard and Ulgamoth, which is easily handled by Chomp. BRAVE BIRD OWWWWWWNS

Lead Matchup:
Hippowdon: More spikes. Duh >___> 3 layers to be more specific, unless it switches to some fire type which is very good news for terakion.
Machamp: BRAVE BIRD MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Roserade: Brave bird
Eruufun: yea brave bird again ._.
Infernape: I switch to rankurusu on the thing that pops out b4 the battle
Tyranitar: Switch to terakion if its on a HO team, and lucario if its stall or there are no ghosts on balanced teams
Genies: Put Chompi on the lead and rock them hard
Heatran: See tyranitar
Skarmory: Lucario.
Gliscor: Cress on lead spot
Blaziken: Chompi lead and if I have the balls I brave bird, and then es from luke if it hadn’t die
Aerodactyl: Cress lead, it cant do shit with my ice beam
Jaroda: brave bird :D
Azelf: Fuck this one is tough. From the team preview, I send out Chompi and use SE/ Outrage depending on the situation.
Forretress: I send out rankurusu, and if it uses payback, you know what that means.
Jirachi: Earthquake from chomp

Cresselia@ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 100 DEF, 156 SPD, Bold Nature (+Def -Atk)
Trait: Levitate
Moveset: Lunar Dance
Ice Beam
Reflect
Light Screen
I use the screen depending on the poke im facing, and Ice Beam is for Gliscor, Randorusu and the Dragons, with the exception of Onono and Sazando. To proof how fucking bulky it is, it can survive a +2 Jolly Ononokusu Outrage @ 79.7%- 93.9% HP. (FYI I AM NOT SWITCHING IT IN TO ANY ONONOKUSU) and Saza gets butt fucked by Chompi, Luke and Tera. Left overs as I cannot find a slot to waste for recovery. The Evs make it bulky @ both spectrums, and yes I admit they are random. Lunar Dance Is extremely useful, and it saved my ass a lot of times. I am not getting this replaced anytime soon.

[IMG]http://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/448.gif[/IMG]
Lucario@ [IMG]http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/items/life-orb.png[/IMG]
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Hp, Jolly Nature (+Spe - SPA)
Trait: Stead fast
Moveset: Swords Dance
Hi Jump Kick
Shadow Claw
Extremespeed

The 1st of the core. Luke’s Evs are the standard sweeper built, and I see no reason to add to its ‘bulk’ as the only thing it can avoid getting 2hkoed by are dark moves. I switch it in when I face Ambipom leads or other weak fake outs to nab the speed boost, as I think Justice heart is not released yet. Im not switching it to a NP set, as Chansey freaking walls it, and like Tera, it usually comes in on those paybacks Rank gets from Forry or a choice-locked Sazandora’s Dark Pulse. Hi Jump Kick is used ONLY when the ghost is taken down and when I feel ballsy, but usually I Shadow Claw a steel type if there is a ghost present. I don’t see why I should I use crunch, as a Heart of Justice user coming in is not very pleasant, and I wont miss out on any vital kos. ES is the only priority I have, and the +2 priority is very handy, especially on a dying Roob which I switch in on. I am too lazy to calc anything, as no Chansey will come in when I use SD.

[IMG]http://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/579.gif[/IMG]
Rankurusu @ [IMG]http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/items/life-orb.png[/IMG]
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spa @ Relaxed Nature (+DEF - SPE), 0 Speed Ivs
Trait: MAGIC GUARD XD
Moveset: Psychic
Focus Blast / Shadow Ball
Calm Mind
Recover
The 2nd member of the core. Rankurusu’s evs give it maximum physical bulk, taking 49%-51% damage Payback from maximum Attack investment from Roobushin if Rank moved first. Calm Mind already elevates my Special Attack and Spd, so no investment required. Rank destroys stall and Fightings, ignoring their residual damage, and no LO recoil is fucking awesome. I run Focus Blast most of the times and yes, it sucks, but it gives me a chance to kill Dark types. Rank also lures paybacks from Forry and Dark Pulses from random pokes, which is usually a free switch in for both Tera and Luke. No SPA investment, as 125 STAB Psychic hits hard.

[IMG]http://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/639.gif[/IMG]
Terakion @ [IMG]http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/items/life-orb.png[/IMG]
Evs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP, Jolly Nature (+SPE -SPA)
Trait: Heart of Justice
Moveset: Rock Polish
X-Scissor
Stone Edge
Holy Sword
The last member of the core. Tera needs no explanation, it hits like a fucking truck. No SD because I think that coverage is very important, and I don’t think that Tera needs anymore attack boosts, as HO teams don’t have the bulk for withstanding Tera’s onslaught, and those who do are destroyed by Luke. When Tera nabs an attack boost, it usually gets and RP up, and 6-0s a team. Holy Sword is to slice through Curses, or some asshole Inconsistent user. Stone Edge never missed :D, and it is used for obvious reasons. X-Scissor is for grass types, and some stupid modest Lati@s. This is my Dory ‘Check” too, as I usually send it in after screens. PS- Does Holy Sword negate Evolution Stone boosts?

[IMG]http://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/445.gif[/IMG]
Garchomp @ [IMG]http://teamuber.net/images/items/choice_scarf.png[/IMG]
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4HP Jolly Nature (+Spe -SPA)
Trait: Sand Veil
MoveSet: Earthquake
Outrage
Stone Edge
Fire Blast
#6, the Revenge Killer. When Chompi fell down from Ubers, I was eager to try it out, and this boy is badass. Not Lati@s, as they are Pursuit and U-turn weak, and I need an immunity to Electricity moves. Earthquake and Outrage for STAB and good coverage. Stone Edge to hit random fliers, Ulgamoth, and the rare Charizard. Fire blast, even if it is with a negative nature, is used for Skarmory, as this is not a SD set and Fire Blast hits harder then fang on physical defensive sets, at 51%-61% and 24.6%-29.3% respectively.

Possible Changes: I am willing to change Luke out for a poke which has priority, can destroy Dory, Jaroda and Lati@s with a boosting move.

Merry Christmas =)

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
good team and good ideas trying to counter the three playstyles.

anyway i run a balanced team and the thing the kills me the most (when i do lose...psh never :P) is wallbreakers. so you might want to fit a mixed sweeper into this team somewhere maybe take out either lucario or terakion. (atleast try it)

anyways for terakion i love that set. but heres a suggestion:
252 atk/252 spe/4Hp/jolly
-rock polish
-swords dance
-stone edge
-close combat

basically if you eliminate pokemon that can out speed terakion use a swords dance, if you havent use rock polish.
stone edge and close combat dual stab covers enough of the metagame to be fine

Thanks lampost, as you can see, my wallbreakers are obviously Lucario and Rankurusu, and I explained very clearly why I am using that moveset on Terakion, and since Terakion is used to check HO teams, which have a fuckload of priority, getting my defences lowered each kill is not very helpful. I don't see what a mixed sweeper can check major threats either, as all of them are raped by specific priority moves.

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
well the set on terakion was just a suggestion as cc/SE provides fine coverage.

but can you explain how lucario and rankurusu are wallbreakers?
i just dont see it lol

well the set on terakion was just a suggestion as cc/SE provides fine coverage.

but can you explain how lucario and rankurusu are wallbreakers?
i just dont see it lol
Lucario is a wallbreaker in the sense that it just hits too hard for any wall to withstand(after an SD of course). It breaks any NatBurungeru core super effective as well as Blissey and maybe even Skarm(didn´t calc).

Rank is a very bulky attacker and immune to everything stall usually uses for damage(spikes, SR, poison, weather - residual damage)

@Team:
I´m sure Holy Sword doesn´t hit through item based defense boosts. It´s a nice idea however, seeing as Bulk Up is very popular at the moment.

Also I suggest to try Stealth Rock. It cripples some of the newer threats - mainly Ulgamoth, but Dragonite coming in without MultiScale is nice. Shandy and certain bulky birds don´t love them either.
SR also is easier to set up, which is very nice if you lack a spin blocker, like you do.

Last but not least, change Lucario´s ability. Stead Fast doesn´t activate if you switch in on Fake out as you can´t flinch in that case and no good player will ever try to flinch a Lucario. Stead Fast also doesn´t prevent flinches like Inner Focus does.

Possible Changes: I am willing to change Luke out for a poke which has priority, can destroy Dory, Jaroda and Lati@s with a boosting move.
DDnite with a Haban Berry (To eliminate the double Dragon weakness) Try running Outrage, Fire Blast, Dragon Dance, and ExtremeSpeed. Or try a standard Heatran with a Balloon, either would work

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
DDnite with a Haban Berry (To eliminate the double Dragon weakness) Try running Outrage, Fire Blast, Dragon Dance, and ExtremeSpeed. Or try a standard Heatran with a Balloon, either would work
you could try a np luc set too

aura sphere
vacuum wave *for dory*
shadow ball
nasty plot

lampost, no offense, but can you read the RMT thoroughly before rating it?
Im not switching it to a NP set, as Chansey freaking walls it
Ryan, DDNite is not a stallbreaker, and it is never a Dory counter.
JoJo, thanks for the info, but the pokes you mentioned are all checked by Garchomp, with the exception of MSDDNite, which I don't think is released yet, and once its released I most likely will replace Terakion with it. (ps this is not the main team) pps no pun included :P
And I am keeping Lucario's ability, because there are always stupid people playing and it could help with Jirachi and Togekiss

Abamasnow actually can work =X Its hail counters Dory and the other 2 with Ice moves, sub-seed can stall, but why do you need another stall breaker when you have Tera?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)