Tricky Rain: A Dream World Warstory

The format is pretty innovative, but the battle could be better.
Many (already pointed) missplays in both sides made it... regular.

Remember, dont warstory a normal battle. Wait until a GREAT battle occurs (it will occasionally, if you improve your gameplay) and then warstory it.

Loved the formatting, quite good commentary, but the battle was a bit of a letdown with a few critical misplays and an instance of serious hax. 7/10.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I liked the comments and I loved the presentation and the battle pictures, but that Psycho Shock was gross. Even though, it was a very pleasant warstory. The battle was kind of average, and the foe was drugged. 7.5/10. Keep writing :)

Battle-5/10 (opponent's Ditto?)
Commentary-9/10
Format-10/10 (awesome job with the pics!)

Overall-8/10

I know what you mean about checking for Balloons. Despite the fact that PO puts that message in bold, I still often mindlessly use Earthquake before the Balloon pops.

The format is pretty innovative, but the battle could be better.
Many (already pointed) missplays in both sides made it... regular.

Remember, dont warstory a normal battle. Wait until a GREAT battle occurs (it will occasionally, if you improve your gameplay) and then warstory it.
The next warstory I'll make, it would be a GREAT battle. I got to admit, the battle wasn't the best. It wasn't my best play (and certainly not my opponent's either). But I was looking for a battle where it ends with a 1-0 (so that all pokemon can be seen), has a Ditto who transformed into most of my pokemon, a successful zapdos sub, and a successful rain + trickroom (would have loved the opponent to be sun/hail/sand). That way I get to put all the effects on the battle pictures and see for myself if they look great on a warstory. And I need it fast before vacation ends and classes start. From what people are saying, I think the pictures are well appreciated.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Next time I'll get you all excited over the battle and commentary, my formatting will just be an added bonus. ^^

some questions that i'd like to ask though:

• were the 6 pokeball's under the lifebars successful in conveying the score of the match?
  • are the status symbols noticeable (the paralysis and burn icons?)
  • after a turn any pokemon fainted, the next battle pic has a ghost image of the fainted pokemon behind the switch in. I think it's not that clear. Am I right?

Nice format, but your comments were stupid at times (saying Nattorei resists all of Ludicolo's moves, for example), and you opponent was really stupid at times specifically with his use of Ditto

I appreciated that amount of effort you put into this, the pictures at the end of each turn displaying health and spirtes. It really made it easy to follow. The battle was decent as well and props for using TR. Real men use Trick Room. Despite the misplays it was still enjoyable, and good luck in the future.

I really liked this warstory, in part because that format must've taken forever to do :P

Good battle though and comments were decently fleshed out. 8/10

Random question: When Zapdos paralyzed Ludicolo, why didn't you finish it off with Thunder? It's speed was reduced, even with Swift Swim(200 x 25% = 50%, so it was technically at -1 Speed). Technically, since Ditto was not yet revealed(or I don't know whether there is even Team Preview in your battle), you should have nothing to fear, unless you somehow thought it was scarf'd.
it was actually at -2 speed even!

A lot of misplays from both sides,
like Surf from Ludicolo would've OHKO'ed your Zapdos seeing as Ice beam did 94%,
Psycho Shock against Zuru and it didn't even Crunch/Payback in return.
Also, I'm wondering if you're making this story up, because Ditto does copy opponents IVs and Hidden Power type.
It is impossible that your Hidden Power is supper effective against his Zapdos while his Hidden Power isn't against yours.
4/10.

It is impossible that your Hidden Power is supper effective against his Zapdos while his Hidden Power isn't against yours.
4/10.
Who in their right mind would think making up a 36-turn game, when it is so much easier to play the game? And Ditto's Hidden Power wasn't super effective, so it DID NOT copy IVs. Well, at least not on Pokemon Online simulator.

Ditto does not copy IVs. Check the Ditto thread on UT before you make such uninformed comments.

Anyways, this was a pretty good battle. I see you worked really hard on the formatting, so I'll congratulate you on that. Of course, you made that big Zuruzukin misplay (yeah he doesn't look evil at all) which kinda pulled your warstory down. 7.5/10 and better luck next time!

Sorry if I was mistaken that Ditto copys Ivs, but I read it here:
http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/transform
Transforms into the target, copying its stats (except HP), moves (at 5 PP each), type, weight, and ability. The stats are copied exactly, without regard to EVs, IVs, and level. IVs of the target are copied for purposes of Hidden Power, as well.
So if it changed in the 5th Gen, works differently with the ability or on the PO simulator then I apologize.

Sorry if I was mistaken that Ditto copys Ivs, but I read it here:
http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/transform
Transforms into the target, copying its stats (except HP), moves (at 5 PP each), type, weight, and ability. The stats are copied exactly, without regard to EVs, IVs, and level. IVs of the target are copied for purposes of Hidden Power, as well.
So if it changed in the 5th Gen, works differently with the ability or on the PO simulator then I apologize.
Ivs are unaffected during the transformation so the type hidden power is depends on Ditto's ivs. (I.E if you have max ivs on ditto it will be a dark type no matter what your opponent's ivs are.)

On my own note. I deeply enjoy using Ditto as a lead. Does anybody else see the benifits of this that I don't see. (I.e besides Seeing your leads moves and identifying lead Zoroark.)
Unless PO is wrong, which I don't think it is as Ditto is a very commonly used Pokemon these days and if any mechanics involving it were wrong they should have been pointed out quite some time ago.

Pretty nice Warstory. Your Rain Room team reminds me of my own team,which is a Sun Room team. Your use of Paint makes it pretty organised. I'm doing that too when I write my first Warstory. !(9.5/10)!

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
great format, really. if the match wasn't as bad, this could've been archive material for sure

i hope to see more of your warstories

The battle itself was pretty meh, but oh MAN the formatting!! <3

Please write another warstory with pictures like that, it was awesome. Your commentary was also excellent.

You get 8/10, but I'm sure if you do this again, but with a better battle, you can get a 10 for sure. Nicely done, I thoroughly enjoyed it. =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)