SEO-ART v2.0

Finished the Jolteon that was requested by Tamama Black. I really hope you like the final product!
This looks beautiful <3 I especially love the background. My only nitpick is that the white frills on his neck are somewhat hard to see (or my eyes are just messed up). Either way, great job! :>

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it! As for the request list, I think I am going to update the OP with the new art and also put the request list there. I think that there is puruguly, a smeargle, a gligar, something eating a magikarp, and a typhlosion. As for the frills on it's neck. I wasn't quite sure what to do with them. I didn't really want to do a whole background, I just wanted something simple. But the white on white was kind of tricky to make look right without using a really dark outline; I didn't really want that. I guess it's okay, although I see what you mean. Thank you though!

EDIT-Updated the OP with the newest art, fixed the HIDE tags so that you actually know what is in them, and added the request list. =]

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been feeling uninspired lately, along with the fact that I bought Super Street Fighter 4 a few days ago (can't get off of that game =]). Anyways, I tried to work through the block today, not sure what to think of this purugly. I tried to make it look cute, but gamefreak was just not kind to poor purugly. Anyways, here it is.

Nice work, SEO! I loved your dark/fighting CAP design. Shame it didn't win :/ Anyway, I totally get the whole "uninspired" period. It happens to everyone. I'm sure you'll make like Stella and get your groove back soon!

I have been trying to get break this mini drought by making something inspired by another one of my favorite games; Street Fighter. I dabbled around with colors and stuff like that for a while, but in the end I decided that I like the B&W version better; at least for now. So here it is: RYU!

Either way, I hope you guys like my rendition of Ryu performing a Metsu Hadouken!

It's pretty good. I like the contrast and the shading for it, and the pose has a very nice flow to it.

Critique: what is going on with the muscles on his forearm up top, exactly?
the hand on the bottom might be a little too big.
the hair is a little bit too flat compared to the motion the rest of the pose carries.

First of all, thank you. I was trying to capture the moment in Street Fighter 4 where Ryu is performing his Metsu Hadouken, so naturally I tried using the game itself as the reference. The problem is that, during that sequence, his muscles themselves look rather odd. I'm not sure why that is to be honest, but I tried to get everything in at least the right location in space. Also keep in mind that this was not meant, and still isn't, to be a final piece (take a look at the terrible Hadouken). It was actually just a base sketch that I wanted to color. I didn't like the color, so I just kept the black and white base.

I have been trying to get break this mini drought by making something inspired by another one of my favorite games; Street Fighter. I dabbled around with colors and stuff like that for a while, but in the end I decided that I like the B&W version better; at least for now. So here it is: RYU!

Either way, I hope you guys like my rendition of Ryu performing a Metsu Hadouken!
I was just kind of tired yesterday, so I didn't color it all over again. I will though, someday....

There are so many active art threads now, it's so hard to stay one the first page! Anyways, I was messing around today and made something pretty cool I didn't feel like refining it any more today, but I think I will work on it some more later on. Either way, I really liked working on this one. It's in black and white again, so hopefully you guys like it!

Back again, this time with a request done for a close friend of mine. She requested that I paint her Harley Quinn. Again, done in black and white.

Also TsukasaSIGN, thanks!

Wow, these are awesome! I wouldn't mind seeing the Joker in that style as well! (not that you have to, I can understand if you're busy :P)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)