Ask a Simple Question, get a Simple Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Ask in the Uncharted forum: this is for issues involving the simulator. Anyway, there is no be-all and end-all solve to Rain Dance teams, but close ones could be (depending on the team, obviously):

Hippowdon, Tyranitar, Ninetails, Golduck and other anti-weather mons.
CM Birijion, popularised by a recent RMT and very good against rain Dance teams
Nattorei, who resists most attacks on the teams.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Athenodoros pretty much got them, but Nattorei is probably the best one, as Surf/Waterfall is NVE and LO + Spikes + Leech Seed can add up pretty quickly (with three layers of Spikes and Leech Seed on a switch-in, the 'mon will be dead after three turns, maybe even one turn if you Power Whip).

+CheckBot: Infernape is not allowed with a Dream World ability in this tier. Change it in the teambuilder.

According to Serebii, the Sinnoh starters were available October 29th making them perfectly acceptable for Standard OU. What's up with this?

+CheckBot: Infernape is not allowed with a Dream World ability in this tier. Change it in the teambuilder.

According to Serebii, the Sinnoh starters were available October 29th making them perfectly acceptable for Standard OU. What's up with this?
Well, dream world ability can only be used in wifi or dreamworld tier. or maybe he has an unreleased dreamworld ability.not sure.

Two questions:

How do you hide your Pokemon at your profile page? It's annoying when people see your team.

Where can I find the leaderboard?

Options > Showteam (make sure it isn't selected)

Leaderboard can be found by right clicking a user's name and selecting 'View Ranking'

Alternatively, if you just want to see your rank and not the whole leaderboard, use the command /ranking and it will give you your rank but not provide your point total.

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but is there anyone who I can trade with to check my SID for me? I'm new to smogon sorry in advance if I did anything wrong..

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but is there anyone who I can trade with to check my SID for me? I'm new to smogon sorry in advance if I did anything wrong..
Yeah this is the wrong place. Go to the WiFi forum. Also welcome to smogon.

I'm supposed to be doing a tourney match soon and my 'go online' causes my program to stop responding, to the point I have to reset my computer to close them (even the Task Manager hasn't done it)

I can build teams fine, and I reinstalled PO just to check. My computer has had little quirky problems recently, for example as I type this I begin to think this maybe warrants its own topic, but I can't copy-paste so I won't retype it.

Didn't know if this happened before, if there's a fix, or if I have to wait until I go back to school on Tuesday to use one of their computers for my match.

I'm new here, and trying to get started, so sorry in advance for asking such a nooby question.

As I said, I am trying to get started. The main page of Smogon (on the left hand side) has links for Shoddy Battle. After clicking on that link, I am told that Shoddy Battle is no longer used, and that Pokemon Laboratory is the new standard.

So I go and download Pokemon Lab, no Smogon server.
I go back and try downloading Shoddy Battle. There is a Smogon server, but I can't get in (and neither can anyone else, it says 0/500).

After that, I come to the forums, and see this Pokemon Online section. I figure this is where they tell me all about Pokemon Lab... Only, Pokemon Online seems to be yet another simulator. >.>

My question for you guys: Is this Pokemon Online thing the one everyone here at Smogon uses? If not, what is, and how do I get it to work?

Thanks in advance
-Ixirawr

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Yes. Definitely Pokemon Online. Things have just been a bit confused recently. Just Google it, it is easy to find once you know what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)