Travelling to Eastern USA! (now with delightful itinerary)

In case you've never gone before, NY pokecenter is possibly the largest disappointment I have ever experienced. Rockefeller and times square is a good time though. Have a good time!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'll be in on the NYC trip since my fiance and myself live just a hop skip and a jump away in Jersey. We may not come with the main crowd if it's too big because Christina is a Smogonatheist and I don't want to give the poor girl a heart attack from overload. Not that I don't love all you guys, but trial by immersion seems a bit risky with a nonbeliever. Even if it's just morm and lanturn at least I won't be a third wheel :D
Pussy. It worked for Bertha at JAA.

I can probably make the Toronto get-together that Thursday, I just have class Friday mornings at 9am. I'm not a definite yet, I have to wait and see what happens.

toronto options: long post ahead; i'll try and present a diversity of options

ein-stein's: good wings and a pretty good draught menu; comedy shows from time to time as well. has billiards, darts, fooseball... bar classics

vapour lounge: 5 bucks cover to smoke weed in the downtown area. you can also rent out vaporizers and good bongs (if the vaps are out) for no extra charge. comedy shows some time on wednesday nights that usually suck but if you're stoned they are pretty funny

yak yaks/second city: comedy shows... haha i'm noticing a pattern. definitely will be a show on thursday (semi far, but so much better on the subway)

brunny: classic u of t bar (like ein-stein's), good for grinding on u of t girls and guaranteed to have a crowd on a thursday. personally not feeling brunny but it's an option

brass rails: strip club... used to know some of the girls when i worked at the nearby pizza shop but there is a high turn-over rate for strippers :p better looking girls on the top floor, but you have to pay a $20 cover charge

the rex: bar with good jazz music. tankhouse usually on tap so the draught menu is at least decent.

the rom: cool to look at shit inside (because the building is hideous from the outside). it's the most touristy place i can think of that is really nearby (next to the bata shoe museum which sucks ass) from the meeting spot. personally would like to have a small buzz before going in, so we could stop by a bar on bloor, like james joyce (which is okay). not sure when it closes though

korean grill house: cheap and good food and you get to watch it cook! i think it's kind of far though... and it's a restaurant so you have to pay for shitty, overpriced bottled beers. all you can eat--though i'm sure you know this since i doubt korean grill house is a toronto only chain

sneaky dee's: bar with usually a live show on the top floor. cool bands and you can dance to non shitty club music. not too far away (college and bathurst)

mod club: night club. not too into night clubs but it's out there. skanky girls that put out guaranteed. live with parents now so it's not quite like it used to be for me though

u of t athletic centre: you guys can get guess passes since i'm a student and we can get our pre-club swole so we're looking as buff as possible for the club. if night club option is taken, gym must be taken as well, i.e. the guido option. i don't see this being a popular combination though. and you still have to pay for guest passes (god damn jews)

That's fine, Kitten... but would you rather see thousands of vaginas or come inside one of them????

....That's what I thought.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Can't hang out or anything because I go to school in Philly, but definitely check out the Baltimore Aquarium if you do nothing else. You basically can't go wrong in the Inner Harbor part of Baltimore: espn zone, hard rock cafe, etc. Caps games are pretty fun as well.

Don't get shot!

Lanturn and I are most certainly hitting the inner harbor and the aquarium! Thanks for the suggestion!

I want to experience Baltimore, so that means getting shot.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fells Point is a cool place to go as well in Bmore.

@Fabbles - you're at school in Philly? I work right across the river in Cherry Hill, perhaps a drink sometime is in order?

third in the picture search for Fells Point was (warning, big pic):

I think I know what I'm doing with my extra day!

Just posting to draw attention to the fact that Husk has said he'd be down for a washington capitals game against the oilers on wednesday, the 9th of March (if enough people want to, it'd be amazing as I've lived in Edmonton) and is down for seeing the coin collection at the Castle in Washington D.C. on monday, the 7th of March (and hopefully the war memorials as I've never seen them and perhaps the aerospace museum...it'll be a busy day). He also wants to grab dinner, which I hope will be on the saturday that Lanturn and I hang out with RBG.

:D

Yeah that's right. Are you able to make it Waterbomb? RBG and possibly Husk will be there.

Rodan, are you coming to Toronto meetup?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd love to tag along for Toronto, I'm sure you could give a ton of cool dinosaur related stuff at the ROM morm.

I'd love to go for a weekend stay in Toronto, but sadly since you guys will be there on a weekday I can't really be assed to make the ~3 hour drive. Have a nice roadtrip, though!

I'm actually doing the ROM solo, as it's a friend who has been very good to me and I'm wanting to see him...

I'm sure that there will be an awkward meeting there between myself and a nemesis of mine. OHH THE DRAMA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)