Scrafty

Zuruzukin Shed Skin+Rest

I've been using a Shed skin+ Rest set and its working quite well. Possibly one of the most useful Pokemon I've ever used. With max hp and 128 sp def 128 attack, you can switch in on a special attacker and bulk up as they switch to a physical attacker. Paralysis support is very helpful, though not necessary.

Thus concludes my first post on 'Smogon.com'.

zuru is a fantastic bulky DD sweeper. 128 HP EV's or something like that lets you survive shandera's overheat. because of this bulk he will almost always get off 2 DD and reck teams

i made something called the perfect punch set its better on hitmonchan but works great on this guy
zuruzukin
item life orb/leftovers
252 atk 252 spd 4 hp
drain punch
thunder punch
ice punch
fire punch
Woah. WOAH.
EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

THIS. This might just be the greatest Zuruzukin set I could ever have- no, it far surpasses anything I could imagine. Holy shit. It might JUST be the greatest set in the history of Nintendo, let alone Pokemon. I have literally sweeped teams 8-0 with this set. Does NO-ONE on Smogon see the ridiculous amount of potential that's practically begging to be abused? I'm sorry but, Zuru is definitely Uber now, no questions asked. And I was just beginning to like using him in DW OU :(

Woah. WOAH.

THIS. This might just be the greatest Zuruzukin set I could ever have- no, it far surpasses anything I could imagine. Holy shit. It might JUST be the greatest set in the history of Nintendo, let alone Pokemon. I have literally sweeped teams 8-0 with this set. Does NO-ONE on Smogon see the ridiculous amount of potential that's practically begging to be abused? I'm sorry but, Zuru is definitely Uber now, no questions asked. And I was just beginning to like using him in DW OU :(
What, no slash for Sucker Punch? :naughty:

Woah. WOAH.

i seriously loled at this one

Aw, you guys are mean lol.

The "Better on Hitmonchan" part killed me though XD.

Just to point out the obvious, that set sucks, no real power/speed, does nothing, etc.

On a more insightful note, I hope we get the Sucker Punch tutor in Grey. Sucker Punch Zuruggu is going to be awesome. Maybe run it like Sucker Punch/Drain Punch/Bulk Up/Rest or something.

And maybe... Sucker Punch Tyrannitar? :O

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Aw, you guys are mean lol.

The "Better on Hitmonchan" part killed me though XD.

Just to point out the obvious, that set sucks, no real power/speed, does nothing, etc.

On a more insightful note, I hope we get the Sucker Punch tutor in Grey. Sucker Punch Zuruggu is going to be awesome. Maybe run it like Sucker Punch/Drain Punch/Bulk Up/Rest or something.

And maybe... Sucker Punch Tyrannitar? :O
I doubt that sucker punch will make this guy more useful. All they have to do is use a non-attacking move and it fails completely. In simple terms, if you mispredict, you're fucked. I'd rather not take that chance.

I doubt that sucker punch will make this guy more useful. All they have to do is use a non-attacking move and it fails completely. In simple terms, if you mispredict, you're fucked. I'd rather not take that chance.
Yes, but against faster Pokemon on that bulk-up set, it works. I've run Sucker Punching Pokemon many times in the past, like Cacturne, Honchkrow and Absol. That priority to hit something is completely worth the chance of failing.

Yeah, the equivalent of priority Crunch would be fantastic. It requires prediction, but honestly, that's what the meta is all about; it's heavy risk...but the prize. I used to love using it on SDCroak, and the fact that Zuru gets STAB on it would make it even better. It would also pretty much make the DD set obsolete, but that's all theorymon.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
I have tested the Bulk Up set quite a bit, and found it preferable to place Ice Punch in the last slot over Rest to break through Gliscor, Landlos, and Garchomp more easily.

I'm surprised I'm not seeing more of these. Zuruzukin has an amazing offensive typing and can potentially be a great sweeper with the right support.

This thing just never dies. I use the standard Rest + Bulk Up set w/ Shed Skin, and I've survived +2 Leaf Storms from Jarooda, Overheats from Shandera, +2 Drain Punches from Roob (when I was +2 as well, but still)...all to kill the offender and either heal off the damage with Drain Punch or Rest it off next turn. The only time Zuruzukin dies is to setup sweepers that set up before him.

for a bulk up set ive found its quite viable and nearly impossible to kill without phazing or critting is one that utilizies both bulk up and amnesia and shed skin,

for a bulk up set ive found its quite viable and nearly impossible to kill without phazing or critting is one that utilizies both bulk up and amnesia and shed skin,
I believe that poke with the two stone pillars can effectively counter it with 140 base attack and ev investment in hp

robushin or how its called (that stupid stone pillar thing) is the reason why there are not many zuruzukins around

This guy is really cool :) at first i was like WTF Chicken! but whatever.

I like the idea of a DD Set with the defences to pull it off reasonably well. its just the 65 Base Hp is a bit meh for me. Moxie is such a win ability (preferred the japanese name Overconfidence) but shed skin would come in handy somehow but maybe on a different set XD.

I still don't think Zuzu has the speed to pull of Dragon Dance effectively and with such low hp and uninvested defenses becomes easier to kill. I don't see the appeal in Dragon Dance when you become utterly annoying with Bulk Up/Rest/Drain Punch/Crunch or something. Some people put Ice Punch/Dragon Tail/Amnesia over Rest but Shed Skin is really helpful to clear status and it seriously just doesn't die.

I love this thing and Im going to use it on a stall team with bulk up, drain punch, crunch and high jump kick. what do you think?

I love this thing and Im going to use it on a stall team with bulk up, drain punch, crunch and high jump kick. what do you think?
No point in Hi Jump Kick with Drain Punch. Just run Rest/Ice Punch and you got yourself a Zuzu.

I still don't think Zuzu has the speed to pull of Dragon Dance effectively and with such low hp and uninvested defenses becomes easier to kill. I don't see the appeal in Dragon Dance when you become utterly annoying with Bulk Up/Rest/Drain Punch/Crunch or something. Some people put Ice Punch/Dragon Tail/Amnesia over Rest but Shed Skin is really helpful to clear status and it seriously just doesn't die.
That's why you use Adamant 252/128/128 HP/DEF/SP.D, then you become ridiculously bulky and you can usually get 2-3 DD which is pretty fast and pretty strong as well.

you clearly have never used it then and should stop making assumptions.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
From actual play experience (both using it and watching it being used), Dragon Dance is much more effective than Bulk Up at sweeping. PttP knows where it's at.

Of all the new pokemon released, I've been using primarily Zuruzukin and Birijion. So far, Zuruzukin has been amazing; a Careful nature with Bulk Up is surprisingly effective (it can even survive a Draco Meteor, iirc) against everything with a few exceptions, such as Robuushin. I usually use Rankurusu to counter him, but it typically doesn't work as well as I intended since Payback still hits pretty hard.

I now ask a few things about Zuruzukin:

~ What team mates go best with him on either the Bulk Up or Dragon Dance set and why?
~ What is DD'zukin supposed to switch into? I have yet to try him, but I can imagine it would be weaker special sweepers.

Woah. WOAH.

omg this was funny as hell hahaha

also zuruzukin is one tough SOB to kill, i've been using the bulk up+rest set and it refuses to go down

man, some people don't know what there getting into when they let u bulk up. if i see an opponent with a nattorei at the front, I move my Zuzu to the front and try and set up as many bulk ups as possible. then I obliterate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)